How Flowers Hostel Reviews

6 Shangzhi Lane, Block 2, South Zhongshan Road, Guilin, China

Guilin it's a beautiful city but I cannot say the same for this hostel. My friend and I stayed in a four female dorm, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned for centuries, we found a gigantic beetle in the wardrobe the very first night and it was freezing all the time (we used to stay out during the day wearing just a cotton jumper but we had to wear a coat while coming back to the hostel at night). Even if the staff tried his best to help us they really don't know a word of English.

nice place, very helpful staff with a lot of intormation

The hostel is in a convenient location, in front of the railway station though located in an alley. The hostel has a dark atmosphere and the rooms and facilities are obviously worn out and need refurbishing. The hotel staff were really helpful despite and in fairness, did try hard to help despite language barrier.

I was happy with my stay. A laid-back hostel, a bit difficult to find though!

The shower had a used sanitary towel tucked in a cravings for the whole duration of our stay, and everywhere was constantly dirty, with leaves and hair. Really unpleasant.

When we arrived (two couples ages 55 to 64), we were told that the two rooms with double beds that we reserved were not available and that they had instead given us a single room with two bunk beds, completely unsuitable for us. We were not able to cancel the reservation, as we could not get online, and they were unable (or unwilling) to do this in person-although we we standing right at the front desk. So we had to leave and find another hotel, while still being charged for the hostel.

Only recommended to those who want to catch trains and bus within distance. The dorms is quite small for 4 pax people and damp. They did not provide lockers. the wifi in the rooms also very poor. While the stairs looked dirty and dark. The bathrooms looks crappy and not well cleaned.The lounge area is spacious. They did not have water cooler so please prepare to buy your own mineral water.

Only stayed one night. It was ok, but not really clean (many toilets were out of service). Staff really helpful, friendly and english spoken. I felt comfortable.

I would never recommend this hostel for anyone. I was discusted. My group and I checked out after five minutes and switched hostels. Don't even bother considering this place guys.

No double available despite of booking!! . We were offered a dorm, very tiny Hairs on the pillow Stinky bathroom

• 8th Jan 2014

Terrible and neglected hostel. We were a long period in china and this was the worst hostel we stayed at.

• 29th Sep 2013
  • Israel

Choose it, no problems at all, you will not regret it definitely!

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Spain

The staff are quite friendly. If you like to transfer to train or coach, it is a good choice. But it needs to improve its management, the staff can mix up the girl's dorm with mix dormt,they get it right soon.

My opinion of HowFlowers was very poor apon first arriving. The hostel is a little run down. The dorm rooms are uncomfortable. And the bathroom situation isn't very fun. But then we ran into a huge problem with our train tickets. A member of the staff stayed up with me until 3 am figuring out a solution to our problem. HowFlowers' facilities might be less than average, but their staff more than made up for it. I have never stayed somewhere with such kind staff.

Very nice place, really helpful staff and great common area and breakfast.

Great location. Front line staff very helpful. My first choice of hostel in Guilin.

I was looking for a place to stay while passing through guilin. What can I say it served the purpose and the location is convenient. Still, the rooms are somewhat old and not nicely furnished. Staff was friendly and I couldnt complain about the service delievered for the money I paid.

Arrived at midnight after train trip... Friendly helpful staff gave me information about tours next day... booked in morning while having breakfast

Great location and very helpful frontline staffs. I had been stayiing in this hostel during the last 4 years each time I visit Guilin.

It should be cleaned everyday.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4