Huangshan Ancient Town Youth Hostel Reviews

No.11 San Ma Lu Road, Tunxi District, Huangshan, China

Really nice hostel. Staff is nice and speaks english very well. Many restaurants around. Good place to meet other travelers going to Huang Shan next day. The restaurant is nice but a little expensive.

An awesome location and easy access to the sights of Huangshan - however it was VERY cold in the room! Our dorm room had a broken window so I ended up sleeping in my gloves and scarf! The shared shower was lovely though, and this would be a fab hostel for warmer seasons (we went in early December)

great hostel, owner very friendly and helpful, highly recommend,

Stayed for one night to see the ancient street after a rainy adventure in Huangshan. A great location and very friendly atmosphere. Would recommend to fellow travelers.

The sheets were stained and filthy. It is one thing to have a run down establishment...however at all times should the sheets be clean and free of stains. I almost did not want to stay there simply because of how gross the bedsheets were. Luckily I am not a germaphob

• 14th Nov 2014

Stayed here for a night before proceeding to go to the mountain. 6am bus to the mountain offered for small fee, but upon checking out, they did not pay me my RMB100 deposit back! After calling to follow up, I asked whether a plan could be made to get the money back to me which the lady said that she would try to organise, she never bothered to call me back. Poor pre-made breakfast. Staff couldn't provide me with any tourist information about Tunxi Town. Sheets stained, bathroom not too clean.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

I loved this place so much. The location was perfect, 1 minute walk to the old street. Easy to get there by bus from the busstation (about 10 minutes, only 1 yuan). It's a huge hostel, every floor has other suprising facilities (like a game room, room with books). You can use the washing machine for laundry for 4 yuan. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are kind of old, but clean.

I love this place! Ambiance is great! Right in ancient town, shops and small restaurants and bars are nearby. STaff was very helpful and very gracious. Love the library and reading room, the bar area with tables, the FREE WIFI. And LOVE the balconies and patios that overlook the tiled rooftops. The little chairs on these patios need to be replaced with some that are sturdier (and bigger--they are great for Chinese people, not so much for Westerners). But I would not stay anywhere else.

The location is really good, save and the staff was really nice an helpful. They helped us with ticket booking and gave us a lot of tips. Maybe the could take better care of the ancient building which is really beautiful. There was some mold in the common area on the roof and our room was really damp thats why we had some cockroaches. Common problem in this climate.

Very nice stay in here. Perfect location, lovely staff and intimate atmosphere. Thank you :)

The rooms were spacious though we had to change rooms first due to fungus.

Very comfy nice Hostel. Many great big relaxing Areas. Not many showers and toilets. Perfecty located in a beautiful town. Very helpful and nice personnel. Beds a bit hard ;-)

• 24th Jul 2014

Absolutely loved this place! Felt just at home staying here. Movie room, recreation room (table tennis and billiards) and lots of lounge space. Staff were so sweet, especially the ladies at the front desk. In a great spot right next to the old street. The only negative thing I have to say is that washrooms could be cleaned more thoroughly

The Ancient Town Youth Hostel is very centrally located in the city of Tunxi close to the old street. This location is unique since you really feel that you are living in an old Chinese town. The trip to the mountains was marvelous and the staff is very friendly and helped us a lot. An improvement point of the hostel would be the cleanliness of the hostel.