Huangshan Ancient Town Youth Hostel Reviews

No.11 San Ma Lu Road, Tunxi District, Huangshan, China

Great location just of the main street, easy to get to and from the bus and train station. Staff are very helpful and can book bus to Huangshan with pick up from the hostel. The bar does great western food and there are plenty of communal areas where you can drink a cheap beer from the shop over the road.

As central to atmospheric albeit touristy Old Street as you'll get. Chilled out common area on 3rd floor, indoors and out; ping-pong, pool tables there too; dorms comfy enough, balconies. Staff are lovely. After climbing the Mountain, missed last bus back from Tangkou (4.30pm not 5.30), they just released the night I'd booked and carried it forward to the following night. A bland but cheap YHI in Tangkou, so no great shakes. They can save you a bit on entrance fees, but book the night before.

I got to the hostel very late the first day and the staff was there to accomdate me, even giving me a lower bunk because I hurt my back. They gave me a map, and explained to me the different attractions. The facilities were rather nice and clean, what surprised me was the strength of the WIFI, it was amazing. The hostel was right in old street and very near to the bus stations and the river. On their description they write from the airport you need a taxi but you can take the airport shuttle.

Staff were fantastic and helpful and organized Huangshan mountain pickup from the hotel for us for a good price. They all spoke excellent English. The hostel has a really cool vibe with lots of common areas. Hostel is right in the centre of everything. Would stay again!

I had to cancel. (My flight was postponed.) They were very nice.

Great location next to the old street. Friendly reception staff but other than that I would look elsewhere next time. The bar says the kitchen is open from 8am for breakfast but we came down at 10am to discover it was closed. When the cook came in he was in a foul mood. The next time we went down for breakfast the cook had gone out to get food to cook so were left waiting again only to eventually order some breakfast and it be completely different to what we ordered before.

• 12th May 2015

nice & helpful staff! you can get lots of information there they have a bar inside the hostel, and nice rooftop for chilling rooms are clean but bathroom is terrible...dirty ,old....and not enough bathroom... anyways, good location & good rate!