Huangshan Ancient Town Youth Hostel Reviews

No.11 San Ma Lu Road, Tunxi District, Huangshan, China

Nice hostel that is near to everything... including delicious tofu shops. A good base for those exploring HuangShan and the ancient towns in the She Xian area.

• 13th Nov 2015

very nice and helpful staff, relaxing atmosphere

The staff were very helpful, friendly and mostly spoke good English. Additionally, the location of the hostel was incredible, with the ancient street of Huangshan located just a few steps away. However, the cleanliness left a lot to wish for. Dust piled up under the bed and behind furniture. The bed sheets were also dusty - all that despite booking the most expensive room available (double bed luxury with an ensuite bathroom). Maybe we were just unlucky.

Located right at the end of laojie or old street, so close to happening nightlife, restaurants and bars but not that close so not too noisy. Close to bus stop. Friendly and helpful staff, would recommend their fried rice takeout to bring to huangshan, as it's cheap and palatable. Not too keen on the glass wall with only curtains for the ensuite bathroom but for the price it's understandable. My bed has a slightly strange odour :( but overall satisfied. Hygiene level could be improved.

We had a nice stay at this hostel. The staff is friendly and very helpful, they helped us booking the train tickets and our trip to Huangshan as well. The downside of this hostel is the cleanliness, the rooms are clean but the shared bathroom and the toilets are very dirty.

Great location just of the main street, easy to get to and from the bus and train station. Staff are very helpful and can book bus to Huangshan with pick up from the hostel. The bar does great western food and there are plenty of communal areas where you can drink a cheap beer from the shop over the road.

As central to atmospheric albeit touristy Old Street as you'll get. Chilled out common area on 3rd floor, indoors and out; ping-pong, pool tables there too; dorms comfy enough, balconies. Staff are lovely. After climbing the Mountain, missed last bus back from Tangkou (4.30pm not 5.30), they just released the night I'd booked and carried it forward to the following night. A bland but cheap YHI in Tangkou, so no great shakes. They can save you a bit on entrance fees, but book the night before.

I got to the hostel very late the first day and the staff was there to accomdate me, even giving me a lower bunk because I hurt my back. They gave me a map, and explained to me the different attractions. The facilities were rather nice and clean, what surprised me was the strength of the WIFI, it was amazing. The hostel was right in old street and very near to the bus stations and the river. On their description they write from the airport you need a taxi but you can take the airport shuttle.

Staff were fantastic and helpful and organized Huangshan mountain pickup from the hotel for us for a good price. They all spoke excellent English. The hostel has a really cool vibe with lots of common areas. Hostel is right in the centre of everything. Would stay again!