Huangshan Ancient Town Youth Hostel Reviews

No.11 San Ma Lu Road, Tunxi District, Huangshan, China

Great location! Cheap and easy to get to from the main bus station taking bus 8 or 2. A fun place to stay with pool tables and table tennis. Staff were happy to help in any way they could. Some staff don't speak much English so keep a translating book or app handy. The area is fantastic for cheap street food, restaurants and souvenir shopping. Plenty of banks and also other main shops.

Thank you for your good review。we will try our best to serve our guest。 wish you have a good journal here because of us。either, we will make all our staff speak more fruquent English

One of the best hostels I have stayed recently, staff is extremely accommodating, there is always someone in the lobby (I arrived at 3AM), staff is extremely knowledgeable and there is a cool atmosphere in the place, a bunch of commune areas (rare in hostels these days when sadly owners try to squeeze more and more beds in - it's not the case in here). Definitely a go.

Thank you very much for your greating review.we are so glad to see you have a perfect experience in our hostel. and ,we never try to squeeze more beds because hostel is for travelors' comfortable,not just for money.

As a backpacker, this hostel was perfect for me. A perfect place in the old town, a pretty good value for money. The staff team is excellent. You can trust them. They will help you on everything. Some of them speak a good english to hold a conversation. The manager is a great and funny artist. You will have to look his photos and paintings on the wall anf for sure, have a great conversation with him.

you are such an wonderful guy, we are happy to see you again.just trust us.

GREAT HOSTEL! Very friendly staff, cute kitten and a free upgrade on the night of our arrival because the room was available and they didn't have a double bed at the rate we wanted to pay! The bar next door is great and there are lots of lounging-hanging out spaces around the hostel. Almost everyone spoke enough english to tell us how to get places and they were all very smiley. Clean and wester toilets (what more could you want). We would 100% stay here again. THANKS!

• 25th Dec 2014

woo....we are so appreciate that you give us all 5stars. we are here just waiting for your back here. thank you all the same

Really nice hostel. Staff is nice and speaks english very well. Many restaurants around. Good place to meet other travelers going to Huang Shan next day. The restaurant is nice but a little expensive.

Hello Christian, my friend from EURO. I have an quite clear remember of you. and , could you tell us that you sad the restaurant is nice but expensive,which restaurant, is it our NO.11Bar or restaurant outside

An awesome location and easy access to the sights of Huangshan - however it was VERY cold in the room! Our dorm room had a broken window so I ended up sleeping in my gloves and scarf! The shared shower was lovely though, and this would be a fab hostel for warmer seasons (we went in early December)

Sorry for the broken windows. that's our fault really. we have repaired it now. but Please just tell us when you found any problems

great hostel, owner very friendly and helpful, highly recommend,

Thank you for your good review。Hope you have a great journey in China! Have a nice day!

Stayed for one night to see the ancient street after a rainy adventure in Huangshan. A great location and very friendly atmosphere. Would recommend to fellow travelers.

Thank you for your good review.Also wish you enjoy your trip in China!

The sheets were stained and filthy. It is one thing to have a run down establishment...however at all times should the sheets be clean and free of stains. I almost did not want to stay there simply because of how gross the bedsheets were. Luckily I am not a germaphob

• 14th Nov 2014

Stayed here for a night before proceeding to go to the mountain. 6am bus to the mountain offered for small fee, but upon checking out, they did not pay me my RMB100 deposit back! After calling to follow up, I asked whether a plan could be made to get the money back to me which the lady said that she would try to organise, she never bothered to call me back. Poor pre-made breakfast. Staff couldn't provide me with any tourist information about Tunxi Town. Sheets stained, bathroom not too clean.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

i'm really sorry that we haven't solve the problem. but actually we call u back 20 times, we want to sent ur money back even that we checked the video that we had given ur money back. that's one thing surely confirmed, u forgot deposit. we want to help u but cannot get connect with u. u havn't recieve our phonecall. about others(staff bot helpfull, bathroom not clean. no other guests told us. and all the other reviews everyone can read ,no problem about those proplem. pls review fairly. thank u.

I loved this place so much. The location was perfect, 1 minute walk to the old street. Easy to get there by bus from the busstation (about 10 minutes, only 1 yuan). It's a huge hostel, every floor has other suprising facilities (like a game room, room with books). You can use the washing machine for laundry for 4 yuan. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are kind of old, but clean.

Thank you for your good review!we want to tell u,the puppy you saw before in the hostel,now he grow up,become a big handsome dog! Have a nice day!