I Keu Ken Hostel Reviews

F.M Pontoriero 171 - El Calafate, El Calafate, Argentina

Fantastic hostel, one of our favourites. Really nice, homely atmosphere with friendly staff that will go out of their to help. We ended up staying twice and when we returned the second time, got a very warm welcome. They also have a very friendly dog, Tristan. The included breakfast is good for a hostel breakfast. We splashed out on a private room which was well worth it, we had a self contained apartment with a kitchen/bathroom. Would not stay anywhere else in El Calafate.

Perfect place to stay, a little bit away from the center, about 15 walking minutes... Nice dog!

Close to the bus station, it's up a small hill but I don't know why people would complain about this, doesn't everyone come to this region to hike? Nice view from the hostel. Good breakfast and nice communal area. The staff were very helpful, especially Ignacio. We booked 2 tours, the Mini Trek to Perito Moreno glacier and horseback riding at Estancia Teresita, both excellent! The hostel let us store our big bags for a few days while we went to El Chalten which was so helpful.

Good hostel that's a little out the way of the Main Street but it is walkable. Breakfast was good as was the room and beds. Wifi was also decent enough. No complaints.

A really nice hostel with a good atmosphere. I really felt "at home" there. The staff is really helpful and provide good information (they also told honestly which things we could better do in el chalten instead of el calafate). And they have really great Asados!

I loved the hostel dog, he was the coolest about the whole stay. I didn't like that then very hard tried to sell their tour to Perito Moreno, and the woman with big hair working there was quite rude and too stressed. The french girl was very helpful. You could hear the noises from the bathrooms into the dorms, not so nice. Good breakfast.

Sat on the old couch upstairs for a few hours and got bites all over my legs. Beware!

A hostel with an amazing vibe and the best asado I've had on my entire trip! Bathrooms are gender based which is good but shower was either steaming hot or freezing cold. Sometimes toilet wouldn't flush. The breakfast has great bread with many spreads and many different types of teas! They arrange many excursions which was helpful. Little issue with them moving our stuff in the hallway to switch rooms without telling us but they redeemed themselves by giving us beer! Owner of hostel is amazing.

Great environment and staff. The view from the hostel is gorgeous. It's about a 15min walk from downtown but there are no paved roads that lead to the hostel so the walk there can be pretty dusty. highly recommend their asados if you are lucky enough to be around for one.

i had a great time there, super nice and helpfull staff and a very clean place! definitely recommendable!!

I was just there for one night. Hostel was okay, but it did not have much atmosphere. Showers and toilet were a bit narrow.

Really chilled and homefully hostel. 2 mins walk to a large supermarket La Anonima. Breakfast was white bread and jams which seems to be the basic standard. The locker in my room didn't have a latch to put a padlock through, the lady on reception told me sorry she couldn't help! Would however stay here again because of the friendly vibe and lovely kitchen table!

A good place to stay overall. Staff were friendly accommodating when they listen to what you actually want ( if you don't speak Spanish make sure they actually understand what you want). Some of the personal lockers were damaged and are quite small

• 21st Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice chilled out hostel. Rooms are on the small side but beds are comfortable. Some staff seem a little stressed at times and could do with some extra help.

very good!

• 19th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Really nice hostel! Cosy with a great vew! Peaceful and friendly! I really enjoy this place! The Asado was so good!! Thanks a lot for the welcoming!!

Lovely hostel, really cosy atmosphere, making you feel very at home - right near the bus station and 5-10 min walk from the main shopping streets! Helpful staff, great views, and amazing hostel dog! Would recommend!

A bit of a walk up from the bus station, NO WHEELIE suitcases, on gravel road. Ignasio is awesome!!! Great place to kick back, cook up some good food, sample some local beers and to see glacier Perito Moreno.

Best hostel so far. The barbecues are amazing!! Been here twice already

This hostel is so lovely. I read in the reviews that it is a bit of a hassel to walk up the mountain, let me tell you it is not. You can do it easily several times a day. The hostel has a great view over the ake and with its garden and lovely staff it is so peaceful. There is a great common area which makes it really easy to meet people. One of the best hostels I stayed in so far.

« first « Prev 1 2 3