I Keu Ken Hostel Reviews

F.M Pontoriero 171 - El Calafate, El Calafate, Argentina

The staff is really helpfull and friendly. The rooms are nice and clean. It's about 10 minutes walking from the center

An absolutely amazing hostel with a staff that makes you feel like family. I had 2 separate stops in Calafate. The first place one of those big YHA type places with zero personality, not personal touch. I Keu Ken is what I hope for when booking a hostel. Good atmosphere and staff that bends over backwards to meet your needs.

• 16th Mar 2015

Really recommend this hostel for people who want an overall decent place to stay for a few nights. The place is homely with very helpful staff who know everything there is to know about trips/tours. It's warm and clean with good facilities and very near the supermarket and only 10 mins away from the main road. I would definately stay here again!

THANCKS!! IKEUKEN

Great atmosphere,authentic creative mansion,inspired view,home feeling,staff very helpful and friendly,comfortable bathrooms,clean..Recommended

thancks!!! IKEUKEN

Arrived here last minute. Staff were extremely welcoming and helpful with booking all tours and buses else where, which they can arrange for you to be picked up and dropped off at the hostel. Has a great view of the lake, a good kitchen and close to the bus station and supermarket. Comfortable beds, clean bathroom. Easy to mingle with other guests, good wi-fi. Would definitely stay at I Kue Ken again.

thancks!!!!!

Completely fell in love with this place! We actually recommend it to all the travelers we meet venturing into El Calafate. A bit of an uphill walk, but it is very near the main street and just a 5 min walk from one of the only grocery stores in town. It has a very homey, cozy feel- comfy beds, great staff. They book tours for you, as well; and at a comparable price to agencies in town. We had a great experience with these guys!

The thing we liked the most in this hostel is definitely the amazing staff!! They helped us so kindly when we had problems booking flights, and so on! The place is also really nice, cosy and clean, we really recommend it!

We really enjoyed our time at I Keu Ken. The staff were lovely and so helpful in organising day trips to the glaciers and trekking. The breakfast is great too and they go out of their way to make it early if you are going on an excursion early. Yep as mentioned it is up a huge hill, not that great for tired legs after a big day trekking but that's the only downfall. The atmosphere is welcoming and warm. Highly recommended!

Very nice choice. Amazing staff. I really recommend.

We didn't find the atmosphere that we had read about in other review but maybe that was because there was a music festival in town. The breakfast always seemed like it was running out - even at the start. Dorm was fine but expensive for what it was. Bathrooms were good. Bit of a trek up the hill but near the biggest supermarket in town. Unfortunately not as good as I hoped.

The staff was really great and helpful!! Go there!! It´s quite a walk to the city center. About 15-20 Min. up the and down a hill. The shower didn´t work well. Hot or ice-cold, and no shower head. Everything was clean. Kitchen open all day and night. Coffee and breakfast also possible bevore the normal opening hours. Nice atmophere and good beds.

Nice hostel overall, helpful staff, nice rooms. The main light in the men's bathroom was out, so you couldn't shower at night. Also, the hostel is up on the hill above town. Not a huge deal, but it is like a 15 minute walk up a steep hill.

Very clean, but I really hated the rooms. The beds were rickety, I could barely get *into* the bottom bunk (thats how low the top was) and the outlets were in really terrible locations. I also booked a private room. The room itself was great, but the bathroom and the kitchen parts were mediocre. The main kitchen was also way too small for the amount of people. Also SUPER hot the whole time I was there. Our room ended up keeping the window open all night so we didn't sweat in our sleep.

Stayed here 2 nights and loved it. It's a great hostel with amazing staff. It's very clean and the WiFi works great too. Was a bit far from everything, but still worth staying cus the views from above are just nice of the lake.

Great friendly hostel. A 10 minute walk from the centre and 5 minutes from the bus station (up hill). But you get used to it. Dorms were a good size. We stayed in a 4 bed dorm.

Decent hostel, with friendly staff and good atmosphere. Minor point was our rooms' kitchen was poorly equipped, and the room was not cleaned (not even trash replacement), which was a bummer. Breakfast very basic, but gets you started. Free tea is a plus. Quite the walk uphill (15 min from the busstation), but considering the biggest supermarket of El Calafate is next door this is not a big deal once you get your bags up. All in all, recommended although a bit too expensive.

Decent hostel a little out of town up hills with no street signs. Attentive staff, decent rooms and beds, bathrooms ok (issues with hot water when there but they had someone fixing it). Breakfast basic but edible. Nice place to hang out, chilled.

friendly staff, good view to the whole city and lake, lot of common area (indoor and outdoor) to chill out, need a good walk uphill form city to get there.

This hostel is fine, but too expensive for the area. The beds are rickety, the pillows flat, some lockers are broken, there is no soap in the bathrooms, the downstairs bedrooms get very loud at night and there is no quiet hour. The kitchen is way too small for the number of people. The staff is nice and they help you book your trips. The breakfast is decent, but nothing amazing. Good atmosphere. Watch your food in the kitchen - it might get stolen. For the price, there are better options.

Completely enjoyed my stay at I Keu Ken. The facilities were fine, the view was awesome and the athmosphere was great. It is uphill 5-10min from the bus station, but this guarantees a nice view ;)