I Keu Ken Hostel Reviews

F.M Pontoriero 171 - El Calafate, El Calafate, Argentina

Stayed here 2 nights and loved it. It's a great hostel with amazing staff. It's very clean and the WiFi works great too. Was a bit far from everything, but still worth staying cus the views from above are just nice of the lake.

Great friendly hostel. A 10 minute walk from the centre and 5 minutes from the bus station (up hill). But you get used to it. Dorms were a good size. We stayed in a 4 bed dorm.

Decent hostel, with friendly staff and good atmosphere. Minor point was our rooms' kitchen was poorly equipped, and the room was not cleaned (not even trash replacement), which was a bummer. Breakfast very basic, but gets you started. Free tea is a plus. Quite the walk uphill (15 min from the busstation), but considering the biggest supermarket of El Calafate is next door this is not a big deal once you get your bags up. All in all, recommended although a bit too expensive.

Decent hostel a little out of town up hills with no street signs. Attentive staff, decent rooms and beds, bathrooms ok (issues with hot water when there but they had someone fixing it). Breakfast basic but edible. Nice place to hang out, chilled.

friendly staff, good view to the whole city and lake, lot of common area (indoor and outdoor) to chill out, need a good walk uphill form city to get there.

This hostel is fine, but too expensive for the area. The beds are rickety, the pillows flat, some lockers are broken, there is no soap in the bathrooms, the downstairs bedrooms get very loud at night and there is no quiet hour. The kitchen is way too small for the number of people. The staff is nice and they help you book your trips. The breakfast is decent, but nothing amazing. Good atmosphere. Watch your food in the kitchen - it might get stolen. For the price, there are better options.

Completely enjoyed my stay at I Keu Ken. The facilities were fine, the view was awesome and the athmosphere was great. It is uphill 5-10min from the bus station, but this guarantees a nice view ;)

The staff was very good but did not have chance to interact with other fellow travellers

This was a great hostel with a really fun and relaxed atmosphere. I appreciated how clean it was, and how comfortable it was to hang out in the lounge or upstairs on the couch with the nice music playing in the background. The room was not overcrowded, and the bathrooms were clean and nice. The front desk was super helpful with booking a glacier bus, an airport shuttle, and providing low cost drinks.

• 17th Jan 2015

Absolutely awesome hostel, great atmosphere run by a lovely family. Perfect.

One of the best hostels, very clean.. The staff is very friendly, help you organize the trips to explore and plan your adventures.. Also have great breakfast!

The staff are great and helpful!!!

The brothers that run I Keu Ken are fantastic!!!!! We were having a bit of trouble reserving a tour in the area because of high season, and they went way out of their way to help us. I have stayed in many hostels and this is one of my favorites. Super laid back vibe, lovely people, and even a slack line out front. Loved it

Really enjoyed staying at this hostel, although a bit father out of town it was worth that rxyta walk and has lovely views. The rooms are clean and warm and I particularly loved the common areas, which felt really homely and makes this a very friendly, yet chilled out, hostel. I would definitely go back.

My stay at I Keu Ken was fine but the biggest problem was the temperature! It's kept at sauna temperatures which is nice for the first 20 minutes when you come in from the cold/wind/rain and then gets a little overbearing. Otherwise no complaints really. The upstairs showers were (temporarily I was assured) out of action but the other showers were nice and clean. The staff are friendly and helpful.

We were recommended to stay here from fellow travelers. It's close to largest supermarket. Beautiful view. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice bathrooms. Uphill from town but not too far. I would recommended- no complaints.

Super séjour dans cet hostel, personnel adorable. Ils nous ont montré comment préparer un cocktail dans un melon à "l'Argentine". Hotel très propre et spacieux, proche du centre.

We had a nice stay here even though it was only for one night. The staff greeted us warmly and were helpful in booking our restaurant for us. It was disappointing however the next morning the breakfast was not keep refreshed and we had to ask for a few things to replenished. This hostel has a nice communal area yet was lacking atmosphere. It is also a 10 minute walk from the bus station uphill and along a gravel road which can be challenging for dragging bags. Otherwise pleasant stay.

These guys were amazing! So helpful and they made me feel like part of the family while I stayed there! One of my favorite hostels after 6 months of travel in SA!

• 2nd Dec 2014