I Keu Ken Hostel Reviews

F.M Pontoriero 171 - El Calafate, El Calafate, Argentina

Best hostel so far. The barbecues are amazing!! Been here twice already

This hostel is so lovely. I read in the reviews that it is a bit of a hassel to walk up the mountain, let me tell you it is not. You can do it easily several times a day. The hostel has a great view over the ake and with its garden and lovely staff it is so peaceful. There is a great common area which makes it really easy to meet people. One of the best hostels I stayed in so far.

Very nice hostel, above the hill with great view above the bay. Nice kitchen and great atmosphere ! I liked it very much.

Great lake views, nice communal area, kitchen very organised. Staff very helpful in booking glaciar trips. Location is a good 10-15min up hill from town

Hostel is located about a 10 minute walk from town. Really good atmosphere. We were there for one of the asado nights and it was amazing! All the meat you can eat and plently of beer and wine for 120pesos. Make sure to sign up for it if it is on during your stay. Staff were friendly and the XL tour to the glacier is very good. Only negatives were that the rooms were slightly cramped for four people and my locker did not lock

This place was nice enough. It´s probably only 5 blocks from town but is further than you expect. Keep walking up the dirt road, you are going the right way! Hostel is clean and comfortable (we stayed in a 4 bed dorm). The only bad points are that the music is still kept playing past 12 at night and on arrival we were ignored for 10 minutes whilst the girl on shift continued chatting with friend in front garden (we didnt even think she worked there when she ignored us!!)

They had a problem with our reservation : they put one person as we were 4 ... we had to change to another hostel (they found us) but wa couldnt see if I Keu Ken was good, because of problem reservation, from their part

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and were in contact offering any guidance a week before our arrival. Good size dorms. Spectacular view. Only one very small improvement suggestion and that is that the shower goes from scalding to cold of its own accord unless you wiggle it just right. Fantastic hostel :-)

The showers are very hot, they also have no signs stating what is hot and what is cold, so I burned my hand.

I really enjoyed staying here, the staff are friendly and the place had a lovely relaxed, warm atmosphere, i felt very much at home. Clean & comfortable, lockers in the rooms were great. Rooms a little on the small side but normal for a hostel. Clean, well equiped kitchen. Bit of a walk up the hill at the back of town but the view is well worth it. Highly recommended & would definitely stay here again.

This hostel has a great atmosphere and really helpful and friendly staff (especially Ignacio and Fernando). Although it was quite uphill, the view from it was really nice. They have barbecue night and it was a great way of meeting new people and enjoying a really good asado for a great value. My only complaint is that the hot water in the showers is irregular at some hours, but besides that it was a great experience on the whole.

This place was awesome! I had a "moment"and Ignacio was kind enough to deal with my so call problem. Very nice and helpful of him. The place is very homey, breakfast is good - I like the hot chocolate. He helped me book a "cabalgata", which I enjoyed very much. Bathrooms are okay and the place is clean. I did not use the kitchen. The bus station is close by and you can pretty much walk everywhere in town. The 25th of December dinner was awesome. Had a good time.

Very nice staff and atmosphere. The kitchen could be cleaner, but was ok.

Great place! We had a private double room which was in a seperate part of the building with your own kitchen and bath. Very quiet, nice view, cool bbq facilities. The XL Hostel tour to Perito Moreno was great!

We really enjoyed our stay, the staff were helpful and friendly. However we had some difficulty over the booking we believed we had made for a trip to the glacier. We were not the only people with this problem. The views from the hostel were stunning and we really loved being there. We took a shorter trip to see the glacier and our guide was informative.

• 2nd Dec 2013

Good hostel, good atmosphere with great view on the lake. BUT we had a bad experience with booking excursion due to miscommunication and mismanagement of bookings - we had to pay 50€ for an excursion we did not do!! The way they dealt with the issue was inacceptable and we were spoken to disrespectfully. We were told it was the 1st time it happened but that day we were 3 groups with booking issues!! So good hostel to sleep but book your excursions elsewhere!

I loved the hostel. Very good location and friendly and helpful staff.

Very nice and helpfull staff, who organised a great asado for the hostel. Rooms are ok, though nothing special and little space for backpacks etc. Simple breakfast eith nice jams.

Very nice hostel with good facilities- nice bathrooms, kitchen, very nice lounge area and rooms were good and clean too. Were a lot of flies in the kitchen and in one area upstairs, just a result of having the windows open, not horrible thoughStaff was helpful planning although one man was a little pushy about doing certain tours. Overall though great place - let us leave our stuff there and use all the facilities before we caught a bus out. Walkable to everywhere of necessity including bus stop

The private ensuite rooms at this place are more like mini apartments with your own mini fridge, stove, sink, and table. Plus, you have your own little deck and view of the lake! It's amazing, I would highly recommend staying in them. Otherwise, the proximity to the grocery store is a huge plus for this place and all the staff are very friendly. When walking from the bus station they will tell you "4 blocks" but its definitely more and don't be surprised when you start up a dirt road.