I Keu Ken Hostel Reviews

F.M Pontoriero 171 - El Calafate, El Calafate, Argentina

Sat on the old couch upstairs for a few hours and got bites all over my legs. Beware!

A hostel with an amazing vibe and the best asado I've had on my entire trip! Bathrooms are gender based which is good but shower was either steaming hot or freezing cold. Sometimes toilet wouldn't flush. The breakfast has great bread with many spreads and many different types of teas! They arrange many excursions which was helpful. Little issue with them moving our stuff in the hallway to switch rooms without telling us but they redeemed themselves by giving us beer! Owner of hostel is amazing.

Great environment and staff. The view from the hostel is gorgeous. It's about a 15min walk from downtown but there are no paved roads that lead to the hostel so the walk there can be pretty dusty. highly recommend their asados if you are lucky enough to be around for one.

i had a great time there, super nice and helpfull staff and a very clean place! definitely recommendable!!

I was just there for one night. Hostel was okay, but it did not have much atmosphere. Showers and toilet were a bit narrow.

Really chilled and homefully hostel. 2 mins walk to a large supermarket La Anonima. Breakfast was white bread and jams which seems to be the basic standard. The locker in my room didn't have a latch to put a padlock through, the lady on reception told me sorry she couldn't help! Would however stay here again because of the friendly vibe and lovely kitchen table!

A good place to stay overall. Staff were friendly accommodating when they listen to what you actually want ( if you don't speak Spanish make sure they actually understand what you want). Some of the personal lockers were damaged and are quite small

Nice chilled out hostel. Rooms are on the small side but beds are comfortable. Some staff seem a little stressed at times and could do with some extra help.

very good!

• 19th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Really nice hostel! Cosy with a great vew! Peaceful and friendly! I really enjoy this place! The Asado was so good!! Thanks a lot for the welcoming!!

Lovely hostel, really cosy atmosphere, making you feel very at home - right near the bus station and 5-10 min walk from the main shopping streets! Helpful staff, great views, and amazing hostel dog! Would recommend!

A bit of a walk up from the bus station, NO WHEELIE suitcases, on gravel road. Ignasio is awesome!!! Great place to kick back, cook up some good food, sample some local beers and to see glacier Perito Moreno.

Best hostel so far. The barbecues are amazing!! Been here twice already

This hostel is so lovely. I read in the reviews that it is a bit of a hassel to walk up the mountain, let me tell you it is not. You can do it easily several times a day. The hostel has a great view over the ake and with its garden and lovely staff it is so peaceful. There is a great common area which makes it really easy to meet people. One of the best hostels I stayed in so far.

Very nice hostel, above the hill with great view above the bay. Nice kitchen and great atmosphere ! I liked it very much.

Great lake views, nice communal area, kitchen very organised. Staff very helpful in booking glaciar trips. Location is a good 10-15min up hill from town

Hostel is located about a 10 minute walk from town. Really good atmosphere. We were there for one of the asado nights and it was amazing! All the meat you can eat and plently of beer and wine for 120pesos. Make sure to sign up for it if it is on during your stay. Staff were friendly and the XL tour to the glacier is very good. Only negatives were that the rooms were slightly cramped for four people and my locker did not lock

This place was nice enough. It´s probably only 5 blocks from town but is further than you expect. Keep walking up the dirt road, you are going the right way! Hostel is clean and comfortable (we stayed in a 4 bed dorm). The only bad points are that the music is still kept playing past 12 at night and on arrival we were ignored for 10 minutes whilst the girl on shift continued chatting with friend in front garden (we didnt even think she worked there when she ignored us!!)

They had a problem with our reservation : they put one person as we were 4 ... we had to change to another hostel (they found us) but wa couldnt see if I Keu Ken was good, because of problem reservation, from their part

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and were in contact offering any guidance a week before our arrival. Good size dorms. Spectacular view. Only one very small improvement suggestion and that is that the shower goes from scalding to cold of its own accord unless you wiggle it just right. Fantastic hostel :-)