Iguana Hostel Reviews

Calle Chiapa de Corzo 16, Barrio el Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Amazing, Hostel with a Great atmosphere! I've been to iguana already a couple of Times and i always enjoyed staying at this place. If you have the Chance to visit san cristobal, iguana Hostel is the Place to be.! A very good breakfast is included and the owner Rudy and the lovely staff made me feel like hanging out with my family. Comorftable beds and clean, hot showers make you feel Even better in this place. It has not been my Last Time in san cris and iguana Hostel!

staffs are attentive, fast wifi, very clean bathroom, friendly and chill atmosphere. breakfast was included. close to churches and market. remember to ask for more blankets (which will be given to you gladly)if you freeze at night.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • China

When I come back to San Cristobal, I always return to Iguana Hostel, a home away from home. The location is excellent, between the city center and the old market. Rudy and the staff are always friendly, ready to give tour advice or share a drink. The patio common area is a great place to hang out, share meals, make new friends. A visit to a new city can be made or broken, depending on where you spend the night, so if you don't want to take any chances, come to IGUANA!

Nice little hostel makes you feel at home . Rudy and the staff are great . The hostel could use more bathrooms . More for relaxing and a little parting lights off at 11 pm.

We loved this place meg really nice people there and it's just a really cool hostel in general, really good breakfast the workers put all their hearts into it, really appreciated the pancakes upon arrival. Hope the owners appreciate their awesome staff.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Iceland

A backpacker suggested me Iguana Hostel and it was a great advice!! You'll find a hostel with the real backpack atmosphere, wonderful staff, simple but an excellent breakfast and conformable beds. I'll definitely go back to Iguana Hostel for a longer stay.

This was my second stay at Iguana Hostel and I can say that it is my home away from home. I have met many others here that have told me that this hostel is special due to its family atmosphere and have stayed a lot longer than originally planned. Hostel owner Rudy and his international staff are extraordinarily nice and welcoming and it's always hard to leave. Will be back for sure and recommend it to anyone coming to San Cris.

Great hostel with super friendly staff! We arrived in the afternoon and were directly offered to have bbq with some of the people. It is an awesome place to socialise and meet new people from all over the place. The people are all super open and there is a solution to every problem you may have... The hostel offers all the trips you might want to do during your stay. However, we decided to book them with an independent tour operator (in our case Jalapeno Tours), saving 50 Pesos each time.

I had a great time at Iguana. Lovely people, it felt like a family. We had an amazing bbq. It was great to see that part of San Cristobal.

I arrived in the Iguana a few days before the Day of the Death and planned to stay here only for 2-3 nights to be in Oaxaca for this special fiesta. After the first night here, i felt like home and made lots of friends.. I ended up staying more then two weeks. The Breakfast is amazing, it changes daily, the staff prepares it for you fresh! The common area is getting closed down at 11pm, which is not to bad. Party-People go out and the tired got good sleep.

I love the Iguana hostel and the atmosphere there... All people are so nice and you make friends there in a minute.... never feel alone or bored. It makes you wanna stay there for a longer time, and many people actually do, help in the hostel for some weeks or even a month. I came for only few days, but stayed there for a week. And the owner Rudy is very nice person, very warm, I like him a lot! I like the theme nights in the hostel, that helps you to get know the mexican culture and socialize.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Slovenia

I stayed here only one night, staff were very polite, breakfast was good, good wifi connection. Hostel is centrally located but because it's on a side street it's not loud or disturbing which is great. Met some nice people here, it's quite easy to be social if you want to. I thought it was a bit expensive but maybe that's because it's a touristy season now.

There was no water at times, no-one was available to check us out in the morning to get our key deposit back despite the hostel booking our bus.

• 13th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Iguana hostel is by far the best hostel ive been in mexico! The atmosphere makes you feel like home, plus the staff and the owner are really kind and helpfull. Definitly the choice if you want to stay in san cristobal.

• 9th Nov 2014

Really lovely clean hostel with a beautiful atmosphere and friendly people. Great breakfasts!! Also there is a red light in the dorms so you can see what you're doing but not wake everyone up with a harsh white light, genius!

The only thing I would change, would be my ability to stay longer. Such a warm atmosphere with a wonderful crowd.

• 24th Oct 2014

A wonderful little guesthouse. I planned to stay here only two nights but ended up staying a lot longer. The staff and owner are so friendly and helpful. It is a great location 5 minutes walk from the very centre and 1 minute from the fantastically cheap and plentiful food market. 1 minute walk from the famous artesans market. As someone travelling for many months it is ideal. A very decent breakfast is included in the price which has included pancakes, scrambled eggs with refired beans.

The hostel has everything you would want for a backpacker. Hamacas for when its nice and sunny, and a salon to sprawl out in for when its rainy (which is a lot). The breakfasts are diverse and filling. The showers always have hot water. You can use the kitchen and cook anything you want, and the staff is social and helpful. Besides that, its colourful and there are some nice social events like BBQs, all around good ambiance.

Such an awesome place with a great vibe. The staff is amazing and super helpful with anything, and the city itself was so hard to leave. The breakfasts are also really legit.

• 19th Aug 2014

Really loved this place. A great location for getting to know San cristobal. Very easy to meet other travellers as really good social space and lots of hammocks. All in all thumbs up!!!

• 13th Aug 2014