Iguana Hostel Reviews

Calle Chiapa de Corzo 16, Barrio el Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Iguana hostel has been the best hostel I've stated at in Mexico. It's clean, centrally located, has a great atmosphere, an amazing breakfast and the staff are wonderful.

Such friendly staff preparing a different fresh breakfast daily. Thanks guys.. the only downside was that the private room bed was not great. The mattress had really seen better days.. but a pleasant relaxed vibe in the hostel. I'd happily recommend it!

This is my third time at the Iguana, I consider it my Mexican home away from home. The owner Rudy and his staff are friendly, welcoming and inclusive, hostel is in a good location near to excellent food and craft markets. Sociable atmosphere but quiet after 11 so people can sleep. It's very clean with comfy beds and lots of blankets for cold San Cristobal nights! Would recommend to anyone.

great stuff and atmosphere. very helpfull. the best place to make traveller friends and hang out with them!

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Japan

Great location, great atmosphere, clean and safe. The atmosphere is amazing you will find your space if you want to stay on your own and a great superfriendly environment if you want to meet new people. A lot of trips can be booked through the hostel, and activities are organized all the time. The volunteers are great and they make the best breakfast I ever had in my whole trip (freshly cooked for each guest!). I stayed longer than expected and was tempted to stay even longer!

I felt really comfortable in Iguana hostel when I stayed there. It was a really nice atmosphere with cool people and great staff. everything was clean. The market and the center is very near and easy to reach. All in all I really enjoyed my stay in Iguana.

• 16th Feb 2015

Very social hostel, great staff, great location

Amazing, Hostel with a Great atmosphere! I've been to iguana already a couple of Times and i always enjoyed staying at this place. If you have the Chance to visit san cristobal, iguana Hostel is the Place to be.! A very good breakfast is included and the owner Rudy and the lovely staff made me feel like hanging out with my family. Comorftable beds and clean, hot showers make you feel Even better in this place. It has not been my Last Time in san cris and iguana Hostel!

staffs are attentive, fast wifi, very clean bathroom, friendly and chill atmosphere. breakfast was included. close to churches and market. remember to ask for more blankets (which will be given to you gladly)if you freeze at night.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • China

When I come back to San Cristobal, I always return to Iguana Hostel, a home away from home. The location is excellent, between the city center and the old market. Rudy and the staff are always friendly, ready to give tour advice or share a drink. The patio common area is a great place to hang out, share meals, make new friends. A visit to a new city can be made or broken, depending on where you spend the night, so if you don't want to take any chances, come to IGUANA!

Nice little hostel makes you feel at home . Rudy and the staff are great . The hostel could use more bathrooms . More for relaxing and a little parting lights off at 11 pm.

We loved this place meg really nice people there and it's just a really cool hostel in general, really good breakfast the workers put all their hearts into it, really appreciated the pancakes upon arrival. Hope the owners appreciate their awesome staff.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Iceland

A backpacker suggested me Iguana Hostel and it was a great advice!! You'll find a hostel with the real backpack atmosphere, wonderful staff, simple but an excellent breakfast and conformable beds. I'll definitely go back to Iguana Hostel for a longer stay.

This was my second stay at Iguana Hostel and I can say that it is my home away from home. I have met many others here that have told me that this hostel is special due to its family atmosphere and have stayed a lot longer than originally planned. Hostel owner Rudy and his international staff are extraordinarily nice and welcoming and it's always hard to leave. Will be back for sure and recommend it to anyone coming to San Cris.

Great hostel with super friendly staff! We arrived in the afternoon and were directly offered to have bbq with some of the people. It is an awesome place to socialise and meet new people from all over the place. The people are all super open and there is a solution to every problem you may have... The hostel offers all the trips you might want to do during your stay. However, we decided to book them with an independent tour operator (in our case Jalapeno Tours), saving 50 Pesos each time.

I had a great time at Iguana. Lovely people, it felt like a family. We had an amazing bbq. It was great to see that part of San Cristobal.

I arrived in the Iguana a few days before the Day of the Death and planned to stay here only for 2-3 nights to be in Oaxaca for this special fiesta. After the first night here, i felt like home and made lots of friends.. I ended up staying more then two weeks. The Breakfast is amazing, it changes daily, the staff prepares it for you fresh! The common area is getting closed down at 11pm, which is not to bad. Party-People go out and the tired got good sleep.

I love the Iguana hostel and the atmosphere there... All people are so nice and you make friends there in a minute.... never feel alone or bored. It makes you wanna stay there for a longer time, and many people actually do, help in the hostel for some weeks or even a month. I came for only few days, but stayed there for a week. And the owner Rudy is very nice person, very warm, I like him a lot! I like the theme nights in the hostel, that helps you to get know the mexican culture and socialize.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Slovenia

I stayed here only one night, staff were very polite, breakfast was good, good wifi connection. Hostel is centrally located but because it's on a side street it's not loud or disturbing which is great. Met some nice people here, it's quite easy to be social if you want to. I thought it was a bit expensive but maybe that's because it's a touristy season now.

There was no water at times, no-one was available to check us out in the morning to get our key deposit back despite the hostel booking our bus.

• 13th Nov 2014