Iguana Hostel Reviews

Calle Chiapa de Corzo 16, Barrio el Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Very nice staff, neat decoration and house, great central location. Nothing to add besides it was simply a great night we spend at Iguana Hostel. Thank you guys! Stay funky

Really enjoyed the stay at Iguana Hostel. The staff were amazingly friendly, an have good advice . The gentleman that owned the hostel went out if his way to make sure that everything was alright an we knew where we were. Not the cleanest of hostels, but it's not the worst I have ever stayed in. Really lovely and friendly atmosphere here where it's easy to meet fellow travellers. Great value for money. I would stay here again.

nice people. and facilities are quite nice for an hostel. very recommended

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

I have stayed here twice, much longer than planned, because I felt welcome at Iguana. I got amazing travel tips and local knowledge from the staff, which made my stay in San Cristobal the highlight of months traveling. And the home made breakfasts on the sunny terrace everyday the best! Thanks Rudy, Antony, Adrien & Bet!

Nice hostel with a laid-back atmosphere.

The team is great! Thanks for making the stay so great. I loved the breakfast. However, the beds could use some new bedsheets and one shower for so many people is just not enough, especially when you have to catch a bus to a tour.

• 2nd Apr 2015

I had an amazing stay at Iguana Hostel. Location is perfect. City center, artesanias market, fruit market and colectivo station are nearby and you can reach the bus station in about 20 minutes walking. All the people working there make you feel very welcome and help you when you have any question. Breakfast is delicious (and every day something different).

Iguana hostel has been the best hostel I've stated at in Mexico. It's clean, centrally located, has a great atmosphere, an amazing breakfast and the staff are wonderful.

Such friendly staff preparing a different fresh breakfast daily. Thanks guys.. the only downside was that the private room bed was not great. The mattress had really seen better days.. but a pleasant relaxed vibe in the hostel. I'd happily recommend it!

This is my third time at the Iguana, I consider it my Mexican home away from home. The owner Rudy and his staff are friendly, welcoming and inclusive, hostel is in a good location near to excellent food and craft markets. Sociable atmosphere but quiet after 11 so people can sleep. It's very clean with comfy beds and lots of blankets for cold San Cristobal nights! Would recommend to anyone.

great stuff and atmosphere. very helpfull. the best place to make traveller friends and hang out with them!

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Japan

Great location, great atmosphere, clean and safe. The atmosphere is amazing you will find your space if you want to stay on your own and a great superfriendly environment if you want to meet new people. A lot of trips can be booked through the hostel, and activities are organized all the time. The volunteers are great and they make the best breakfast I ever had in my whole trip (freshly cooked for each guest!). I stayed longer than expected and was tempted to stay even longer!

I felt really comfortable in Iguana hostel when I stayed there. It was a really nice atmosphere with cool people and great staff. everything was clean. The market and the center is very near and easy to reach. All in all I really enjoyed my stay in Iguana.

• 16th Feb 2015

Very social hostel, great staff, great location

Amazing, Hostel with a Great atmosphere! I've been to iguana already a couple of Times and i always enjoyed staying at this place. If you have the Chance to visit san cristobal, iguana Hostel is the Place to be.! A very good breakfast is included and the owner Rudy and the lovely staff made me feel like hanging out with my family. Comorftable beds and clean, hot showers make you feel Even better in this place. It has not been my Last Time in san cris and iguana Hostel!

staffs are attentive, fast wifi, very clean bathroom, friendly and chill atmosphere. breakfast was included. close to churches and market. remember to ask for more blankets (which will be given to you gladly)if you freeze at night.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • China

When I come back to San Cristobal, I always return to Iguana Hostel, a home away from home. The location is excellent, between the city center and the old market. Rudy and the staff are always friendly, ready to give tour advice or share a drink. The patio common area is a great place to hang out, share meals, make new friends. A visit to a new city can be made or broken, depending on where you spend the night, so if you don't want to take any chances, come to IGUANA!

Nice little hostel makes you feel at home . Rudy and the staff are great . The hostel could use more bathrooms . More for relaxing and a little parting lights off at 11 pm.

We loved this place meg really nice people there and it's just a really cool hostel in general, really good breakfast the workers put all their hearts into it, really appreciated the pancakes upon arrival. Hope the owners appreciate their awesome staff.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Iceland

A backpacker suggested me Iguana Hostel and it was a great advice!! You'll find a hostel with the real backpack atmosphere, wonderful staff, simple but an excellent breakfast and conformable beds. I'll definitely go back to Iguana Hostel for a longer stay.

View all San Cristobal de las Casas Hostels