Indigo on Otres Reviews

Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Wurst hostel we stayed in in cambodia! Weirdo's ... Go across the street! ;)

Hello thank you for writing a so constructive review. I would like to have more informations about your awful stay, because you stayed 3 nights and never complain about anything at the staff or myself. It would have been a pleasure to make your stay more enjoyable.

This place is INCREDIBLE and the owners and staff are AMAZING. Will be going back year after year.

• 26th Jan 2016

We booked a 6 share dorm but all of the dorms are actually 8 share. We asked the staff member if we'd paid too much/why this was and their response was 'all of our dorms are 8 share. My boss put an extra bunk in there...' soo we just had to cop it. The room clearly wasn't made for 8 beds, and our bunk didn't even have a ladder. Luckily the bed next to us was less than 30cms away so you could just climb up theirs. We also didn't have any powerpoint or fan like the rest of the bunks, no room...

Hello Marlene, we are sorry but we are a 10 rooms hostel and we only put 8 rooms on hostelworld availability. We have so many people extending that we decided to keep spare beds and rooms for better service. According to your bed, we have 8 plugs for 8 beds. But you are certainely right it's maybe not enough, as the 4 fans in the dormitory....

A great place for a guesthouse/hotel. 5 meters from the beach with a restaurant literarly on the beach, this place is great to relax at the beach for some days. The staff is very friendly and helpful, even if you've checked out and waiting for a bus/flight. You can chose a private bungalov which is very adequate and with fans. The food in the restaurant is good.

Although we quite enjoyed the accomodation and the staff, nice and clean with good food and we had a really enjoyable time there, we would never recommend anyone stays on Otres beach. The surrounding accomdations all played really loud music until the really early hours of the morning and as a result we had two of the worst sleeps of our time in Cambodia. We went to Otres beach 1 instead of Sihanouville because we thought it would be the quieter, nope!

• 19th Jan 2016

Great location, right on the beach. I could've stayed here for 2 weeks. Very friendly staff, nice showers, awesome calamaris. Atmosphere was exactly what I like: very relaxed but with a little party maybe 1-2 days in the week when you want it.

Unfortunately I gave my neck and waist wallet to the receptionist upon checking in. I didn't tell her to place them in the safe or that they contained $200. I asked her to hold of them. Later the money was stolen and the staff didn't take responsibility as they were unaware that they contained money and hadn't locked them away. The safety boxes in the room could be easily from the room. no security cameras either .

I am sorry Lee i was away from the beach few days. I entierly trust the staff and you are right you did not say any thing about $200 to keep for you. If you wanted us to keep imortant values in a safe place the staff would lock it for you but you just gave it like no important thing....

Nice location with nice staff. The dorm is really crowded. There is only two showers and they dont always work. But the location and the vibe makes it worth it!

I had an excellent time here! Staff were super welcoming and Anise (hope I spelled that right) was a most excellent hostess! Really chilled awesome place. Would definitely come back!

Almost right thank you !! It was a pleasure to have such a kind customer ! We hope to see you next time !

The huts are wonderfully located right on the beach and the rooms themselves are nice enough - although very dim lighting. Although Otres Beach is the more relaxed beach in Sihanoukville, our hostel persisted to play loud music through the night (sometimes until 6am) even if there were only a couple of people in the bar drinking. Having said that we would still recommend the place due to excellent location on the beach.

Otres beach is becoming more and more noisy, and indigo have a noisy neigbourg. The staff is good specially the owners but the forein barman who is a complete duchbag. Just lazy and ignorant. He had a all night party in bar for his friends and we could hear him load and clear saying he didn't give a f**k and the guest as long as they had a good party...

Hello we are so sorry you did not enjoy your stay this time. According to the neighbours you know that we can not do anything against the drum and bass session on thursday evening or the jungle party pick up on wenesday night. For the barman we already spoke to him about this particular evening, and we hope it will not happen again. Thank you again

If you are looking for 5* hotel, than dont come here. If you are looking for beach paradaise and want spend all day on nice bech, then it' s perfect place. Enough for the money what they ask. Although this you have to be still carefull if some cambodian stuff dont will cheat you! the cambodian man was super nice, friendly and helpfull. The cmbodian womens as most cambodia started be easly agressive for no reason and charged us something what we didnt have it!! But I will could stay again.

loved my stay here, good time, good place, nice and relaxing :)

Not very good. I travel a lot and don't care much about how it all looks, but these showers were really bad and the group of French that were at the bar all night screaming along French songs was down right unpleasant. Even the morning staff said it was too loud. There were lots of couples stayinf there who wanted to sleep at a normal time like me, so it wasn't that I was the only one being a bore or a nag. If you go bring earplugs. Good location for beachgoers though

Hello. That does not happen every night maybe 2 or 3 times a month and we already say sorry about that. As you are travelling a lot and need a lot of sleep you should go to Otres 2 where there is absolutely no party at all. Sometimes its a french party, sometimes its danish and even german.... oh and I forgot vietnamese people and spanish people having parties when they are in holidays.... enjoy your trip ;)

Nice view, everything is good and wonderful. But so far to walk to downtown, you can go there by tuktuk with only 5-7usd for 4-5pp. It's good choice ^^

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Vietnam

Thank you sweetie, it was nice to have you @ Indigo and see you next time...!!

Best hostel we have stayed at. Lovely family, staff genuinely care about your welfare/enjoyment, remember your name and the owner even travelled to the ferry station to give us a personal farewell. The huts are simple but practical, chargers and fans. The prime feature is undoubtedly the proximity to the pristine waters of Otres beach. No matter how shabby we felt upon waking up this would be instantly cured by a quick dip. They're chill with running up tabs and the Long Island ice teas are gr8

• 30th Dec 2015

Thank you we enjoyed your stay as you did. We miss you yet @ Indigo and everybody join me to wish you a good travel. See you. Anais

Just perfect

Only two toilets for the whole guest house. Disgusting bathrooms. Dirty bungalows with sand evywhere, poor lighting, you cant see what you are doing. Nagging persons at the beach who wants to sell you things every 5 minute. Not relaxing.

Bungalows on the beach usually come with sand, we are sorry about that. You have a broom in your bungalow and you are the only one bringing sand to your room.... about the toilets we are cleaning it 5 times a day (at least). But again, too much sand for you....

This was a really chilled place. I took a bungalow with an amazing ocean view. As I stayed just before Christmas, the place was full of couples rather than the usual backpackers but I still had a really relaxing time here.

Thank you George we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us ... see you next time ;)

Too many beds in a small, dark & hot room. There were mosquitoes. Beds are uncomfortable, matress covered in plastic. Bathrooms without toilet paper ad really dirty. Nice views, pool table, but beer was not cold.

Hello, We were not informed that you were unsatisfied. We have 4 rotative fans in the dorms and we have people staying for 20 nights Inside. About mosquitos you have spray and repellent in your room, and about the plastic on the mastress, that's because yours was new but you could say us, and take it off.... Many small things you could have say to make your stay more enjoyable.

View all Sihanoukville Bed and Breakfasts