Indigo on Otres Reviews

Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

We enjoyed staying here to much that we extended our stay by 3 weeks. Will and Vicky are wonderful hosts and full of helpful advice for things to do in the area. Amazing location on the beach and far away from the noise and chaos at Serendipity Beach

• 14th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Otres is paradise and Indigo is a beautiful slice of it. The staff were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. Nailed every recommendation they gave us about the area. We would walk out the bungalow front door in the morning onto the soft sand with the ocean just steps away. Unreal value.

Staff was better than we have seen in ages! So friendly and willing to help you make the best trip possible, with no pressure to do anything. Good music choices too!

• 5th Nov 2014

There are really no words to describe this place... I mean, just the Otres beach itself is amazing, but to have the privilege of waking up to the sight of sea just a few metres away, listening to evergreen songs and cheerful chattering outside your bungalow, is pure heaven. There is also nice, amusing and very helpful staff that helps you make sure nothing gets in the way of your dream holiday.

Great stay at Indigo! I originally booked for 2 nights but ended up staying 4 and then booking again after returning from the islands. We didn't want to leave! The bungalows are cute and cozy. Such a treat to be right on the beach. The staff is great. Super friendly and helpful. They are doing some painting/minor renos that are giving the place a nice face lift. I will be staying here again when I return to Cambodia! Thank you!

Security dogs are very peaceful (no random barking) until the suspect anything is wrong. Even accompanied my girlfriend to the toilet in the middle of the night, standing guard in front of the door. Obviously sand gets everywhere but you are provided with a broom to brush out your room. Padlocks are provided for each bungalow and safety lock box inside. Shared toilets and shower rooms not that good. Dirty. Wear flip flops in shower. Staff very friendly and helpful. Location/view unreal.

• 24th Oct 2014

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. The toilets are cleaned each morning but the water we use comes directly from the well and over time has marked the tiles in the bathroom. We are reviewing the cleaning products and procedures we use so that we can try and resolve this.

Security being a padlock and padlocked side table wasn't ideal. Our toothpaste was attacked by a rat or some other animal we never caught. The beach is beautiful but utterly drowning in locals offering massages and bracelets, the 'private beach' is further along the beach. The food at the hostel was fairly overpriced, and there should be more bathrooms for the amount of guests. It's a nice enough place, but location isn't everything.

Thanks for your feedback. We have asked all beach vendors not to sell in the bar area and are asking them to not be so persistent. We have also asked them not to sell to people whilst they that are eating on the beach. The lock boxes provided are wooden drawers with padlocks that are bolted to the floor so that they cannot be moved. We have had no thefts from the property in over a year.

If you are looking to head to Otres beach to make the most of a chill, this destination is perfect with whitty

cute beach bungalows, not very busy when we were there so the fact there were only 2 bathrooms not a problem but could be in high season. not much of a vibe but again otres beach was pretty quiet as a whole, would recommend

Lovely spot on Otres, staff are amazing, bungalows are comfortable and priced right! I'm already making plans to come back :)

we loved it here. will and sao are awesome, really helpful and make you feel right at home from the moment you get there. You get a private little part of a beautiful beach with a great view of the sunset, the little shacks are really cosy. you might see bugs, you might get sand and gecko poop. but you are on a beach at a really good price. so you have to just deal with it. it's really laid back atmosphere. ended up staying 3 more nights and met some awesome people. would go again.

everything was all good great staff chilled out place, other then the fact that i got kicked out of my bungalow cause they overbooked. pretty sure my money is just as green as the next persons? maybe priorety should be given to somone who has already invested 4 nights and has a injury that hinders there walking..

We're sorry that you had to move out of your room and would have loved for you to stay longer with us. If we know a guest wishes to extend their booking then we will adjust our availability on Hostelworld so that the room cannot be booked. Unfortunately in your case we had not had confirmation that you wished to stay longer in time to adjust the availability, other bookings had already been made online which we had to honour.

When I arrived (early afternoon),I was spoken to (politely) by a Cambodian,who directed me to an Englishwoman-Emma. Emma greeted me with a jolly Hi,are you Harvey. After asking a couple of questions,I was shown to my beach hut. She made a point of quickly suggesting I get rid of my luggage. This,I was more than happy to do. 10 out of 10 so far. After acquainting myself with my hut & the shower,I returned to the bar/reception area to give Emma a few more details,etc.

• 23rd Sep 2014

The atmosphere at the hostel is very good, the staff was very helpful and gave us advice on everything. This is the place to spend time and relax at the beach

Gorgeous hostel in the best location ever. Bungalow right on the beach for such a resonable price. The food is great too, and you can just walk across the beach to all of the other bars/restaurants. Will made us feel very welcome - we ended up staying a lot longer than we originally planned and even stay a second time around after our trip to Koh Rong. Would def recommend Otres beach over Serendipity as its so over crowded there. Otres beach is beautiful.

Staff are amazing, location is amazing. Def basic bungalows etc but that's fine, with mosquito net etc. Needs more toilets..ten rooms 2 toilets not ideal.. Can find cheaper and better places nearby,not with the location though. Place needs a facelift, pictures are deceiving. All in all if you don't mind some bugs,rats etc(whole area has rats not just indigo) and basic room then all good, staff make up for it being shabby, place needs a lick of paint and some tlc..

Thankyou for the review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall :) We will be re-painting the bar, bungalows and furniture and carrying out other maintenance as soon as the rainy season is over. We re-paint each year but unfortunately the sea air and storms take their toll fairly quickly.

First of all, the bed sheets were not changed, when we checked in. the floor was dirty too. we got new sheets, after asking, but the pillow was full with mold (it was blue!!!!!). the towels were full of brown patches. there were just 2 bathrooms for all the bungalows and they were also in a super bad condition. the first day, the shower didnt work at all. the food is quite expensive and once weve got a burger which bread was still frozen. all in all the beach was nice but thats it!

We're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. Normally rooms are checked prior to new guests being checked-in to ensure that they have been cleaned/linen changed. New towels were bought this year but occasionally, during times of high room turnover, older towels have to be used which are marked due to the red dirt on the road/use of well water, but are clean. I was unaware of any problem with the showers at that time but I will investigate further and can confirm that they are in working order now.

Definitely bare bones here. Nothing luxury or unnecessary. Bed, mosquito net, and fan is the most you get in terms of comfort. That being said, the price can't be beat. Staff was extremely helpful, but not too much socializing here. Better off at one of the bars down the beach for that. Bathrooms were a little gross, so I skipped that, but again you are paying for what you get. Location was fantastic if you're focus is on the beach, our room literally opened up onto it.

Staff were fantastic. Thanks Will for going above and beyond to make our stay so amazing

• 24th Jul 2014

Perfect place for some quiet time and Wil and Justin run the place how everyone should do it

View all Sihanoukville Bed and Breakfasts