Indigo on Otres Reviews

Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Nice location for the beach, got told about Rats at night coming into the hut if you've got food. Had no food yet one came in and was running about the room and woke me up. Other than that it's good that you're 10 steps to the beach

The staff was great. The rodents chewed some of our stuff, but other than that the bungalow was comfy enough. Bathrooms/showers aren't the best, but we've experienced worse. The place has a nice relaxed atmosphere with a nice beach. Tuk tuks are readily available if you want to go into Sihanoukville.

I booked 3 nights here, arrived late on my first night to friendly staff. After going to my hut i noticed rat droppings behind the door. At 2am I was woken by two rats in my hut, I saw them and scared them off. They came back continually through the wall gaps so the battle carried on until sunrise. I checked out the next morning. The staff were very nice but said Otres beach had a rat problem, but I didn't detect that any sort of solution was being investigated. S-ville generally felt dirty.

open the door of your room and you are greeted by the stunning view of the beach: palm trees, white sand and warm aquamarine water. the staff are mega friendly! i was by myself and they invited me out with them, and they gave me lots of tips for my trip to vietnam. big double bed in the room with a mosquito net. bar serves food all day. otres is very peaceful and beautiful whereas serendipity has the party party and is a 15min tuk tuk ride away, so you can have the best of both worlds.

Indigo is just at the beach and you will have no more than 10 steps until you're in the water. Breakfast is not included but they have a somewhat decent menu for that. There was no toilet paper in neither toilet during our stay. We were warned about rats and one night we did get company from a huge fellow. Otres as a beach was rather dead during the night and this place wasn't really a nice restaurant spot. No music no nothing. There are more inspiring places down the beach.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Sweden

The place is right on the beach, which is really nice. The staff is really nice and you feel that you can ask for anything.

• 17th Mar 2014

Perfect location next to an amazing beach. I will stay there once again for sure!

This hostel was well managed with a friendly staff. Beer was a little more expensive than other places on Otres Beach for the quality of the accomodation. However, the staff is better here and is probably worth the extra money. The English Breakfast is a little more expensive than other places, but the sausage, bacon, and baked beans are of a higher quality which compensates a little for the increased price. I'd like to see some pancakes added to the breakast to make it that much better.

• 1st Feb 2014

Awsome place right on the beach. Just a 10 min tuk-tuk from all the party scene! Great place :)

Lovely place, from what I saw of other beach shacks on Otres Indigo was definitely one of the nicest. Food could've been better though.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

Security: The lock box/side table lockable draw didn't lock, was completely useless Staff: We were there during a change over of ownership and management. We had to endure a full on argument on Christmas Day with the current and previous management which was very embarrassing and highly unprofessional. No apology offered. The bar Manager was either stoned or intoxicated during our time there. Facilities: 2 toilets and 2 showers were dirty and not sufficient for all the guests and visitors

• 22nd Dec 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. It's a little way out of town, but you're on Otres beach so can't really complain, and a tuk tuk into town is only $3-4. Great staff, good atmosphere and food at the bar. The bungalows are comfortable and spacious enough, they were a little more expensive than usual, but I was there around Christmas so to be expected.

Staff was incredible and very friendly. Great location and free insight for tuk tuk prices and allthings to see and experience.... Great beach dogs like flip flop who loved chillin at your side.... Also check out otres beach 2... Over all, best area to be I when in sihanokville.

• 5th Dec 2013

Fantastic little bungalow right on the beach. The managers, an American guy and English woman, were incredibly nice and helpful, and the food is amazing. My only complaint is that on our last night the bar/restaurant was playing really loud reggae until 2 or 3 in the morning, long after all the other places on Otres had closed. Since our bungalow was right next to the bar it was impossible to sleep until they shut the music off. Other than that, had a great time staying here.

Fantastic! Stayed for 8 days&if I could I would have stayed longer. The rooms are clean& large and the beds very comfortable. But forget that, you are right on the beach! Much nicer, less crowded beach than Sihanoukville...and great access to other bars and restaurants along the way if you want to wander. Wil, Vicky, Sal - everyone was great!!

Great accommodation right on the beach. By far the best beach of Sihanoukville! The staff constantly does his/her utmost to give you a great time! Food is also great. You never wanna leave!

• 19th Nov 2013

I was supposed to stay for 3 nights, but left after ten days. The atmosphere at indigo is perfect! Nice and really helpfull staff, good food, right at the beach - what else do you need? The facilities are really basic but you have everything you need! Maybe an additional toilet would be nice though. Please get new towels, no white ones if possible ;) the ones that i got weren't white anymore.. For the rest i had the best time at indigo! Thanks shelly, nicky and especially wil - you're awesome!

View all Sihanoukville Bed and Breakfasts