Indigo on Otres Reviews

Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

you can't ask for a better bungalow to wake up on the beach at.

Magic! This place is wonderful for relaxing during the day on the beach, having a massage, sipping a cocktail during the amazing sunset (happy hour 4-6pm), eating some western food or Khmer dishes, meeting some new friends@the bar and playing some game pools...

Absolutely loved indigo, we were meant to stay for 2 nights and ended up staying 4! The staff were lovely and so helpful. The huts were pretty cool and being right on the beach it was bliss. The bathroom was good I thought yes there are only 2 but other than that it was great. Best place to stay on otres

The staff is very friendly and the bungalows are nice (however I did notice what looked like black mold under the pillow case) Beach area and chairs are really nice. The dogs really are loud at night, but I find that to be pretty normal around here. There are only two bathrooms however and I always seemed to be waiting for one. Don't let them book anything for you though, you'll end up on some snorkeling tour when all you want is to go to an island to stay the night.

Hello I am sorry about your bad experiment with booking a boat tour with the staff. They sell their own trips and it's not Indigo's business. We are a small place and have no space to build more bathrooms but we try to clean it every hour. I give you my personnal email, could you explain me what happened and who booked the boat for you? thank you so much for coming! amc0709@hotmail.fr

Perfect relaxing bungalows on the beach. The atmosphere is really nice, and the food is great, but- there is no people around in the evenings. Even if you walk along the beaches the resturants and bars are almost empty. Big difference from the town centre. But thats only the location, the hostel itself was good. There was also a couple of stray dogs running around, barking really loud at nighttime. Woke me up a couple a times during my stay.. Great place- bad location

Die Besitzerin ist sehr freundlich und hilfsbereit, ihr Mann eher "geht so". Tolle Lage direkt am Wasser. Zimmer sehr hellhörig. Badezimmer okay.

• 11th Mar 2015

Staff is superfriendly. You get basic bungalows Right on the beach... Fantastic. Enough chairs and sunbeds in the sun and shade (you'll need it). I would choose indigo again if I come back. Showers can be a little sandy but it's hard to avoid being right on the beach. As a tip for the owners... Just put a floor sweeper in the bathroom, I'll bet many guests will clean up after they used the shower... Thanks for the lovely stay

Indigo was an okay place. The staff were excellent! I thought I was gonna get more out of what i payed for 2 nights. Bathroom facilities is what you can imagine, very dirty and brown water, but you live on a beach. I had a great stay. The beer was cold and the food was good :) It seemed to me that it might be a "french" place. There were alot og french living there and one of the staff is french.

Sweet place to relax. Chill vibe. Plenty of lounge chairs on the beach. Massages for $8/hr on the beach. Wifi was good. Chicken burger, fries, and salad was excellent. Bungalows are average. Shared bathroom/shower could be cleaner.

We thought we were staying at the most relaxing beach in Sihanoukville but that was not the case. There was very loud music playing till 6am!! If you can call it music.. it was just the same beat over and over again.. And normally We're pretty chill about people partying but that was just too much! The room gets really hot because there's only one fan, and there's gonna be sand everywhere. We had booked 3 nights but only stayed 2, it was not for us.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Iceland

Iris, the music was not from our bar as you absolutely know. It was coming from Otres Corner, two business before us, they do it few times a month. I am sorry that you are blaming us for nothing. Many People switch off the fan during the night because it's quite cool on the beach. Thank you for coming.

Very good place to stay in Otres. The bar is good. The staff is very friendly.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Beautiful spot on lovely Otres! The owners are just gorgeous, the vibe is great, the food delicious! We prolonged our stay twice :) We're going back again!

Thank you girls!! We miss you so much! See you again and again...

The music was too loud, even after midnight.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Romania

This place was AMAZING!! Right on the sand, our room was 10 meters from the water. The owners are super friendly and willing to accommodate any requests. The whole staff is super friendly. An all around great time. We extended our stay 3 nights.

Hello Jared Thank you soooo much for your great review. We appreciated having all day long around. See you soon !! Indigo team.

Bar/restaurant is right next to the bungalows. Music often plays past midnight, making it hard to sleep. On our third night at midnight we asked the owner (husband) three times to turn down the music. He did briefly each time, only to turn it back up. On the third ask he tried to ignore us entirely. He was drunk, disrespectful and completely inconsiderate. Other cons: communal toilets/showers were dirty, without soap or toilet paper. Wi-Fi and service slow. Pros: Friendly wife, good food.

• 21st Feb 2015

Hello. As 99% of beach accomodations, we are not a resort and so not enough space to be far from the huts. We do not provide soap in the bathrooms (i am sorry for that) except to wash your hands. We had a little party on Tuesday, and a big powercut from the Company on all the beach. You ve been warn about that by Julia, we tried to manage everything in the same time. About the rudness, maybe you did not notice that he was speaking on the phone with the Company. And we even refund your HW deposit

Little huts that are right on the beach, basic wardrobe, bedside tables (1 lockable with a padlock), fan and mosquito net are provided inside each. Shared bathrooms as is standard for this type of accommodation, but could have done with cleaning a second time towards the end of the day as are also used by any one coming to the bar or restaurant during the day. Lots of sun loungers and comfy seats avsilable on the beach to be used by customers. Very friendly and helpful staff

Hello Laura ! sorry for the bathrooms, we try as often as we can to clean it entierly. It happens at least 2 times in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 1 just before the staff is going to bed. See you next time with pleasure!!

Staff were brilliant; helpful and friendly. Great spot on beach and nice decor. Comfy beach beds, good menu. Had great little beach front hut. Only 2 showers for everyone to share could be challenging.

Indigo is an awesome, rustic, relaxing and intimate set of bungalows right on the beach. There's tons of seating and lounge chairs. Otres 1 is still fairly remote, though it won't be forever. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, especially Emily, Ally and the manager.

Thank you soooo much Doug for this great review ! WE are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and wish you will come back one day... With your friends !! Thanks a lot. The management.

Ok the honest breakdown... This place is not for somebody who wants a nice peaceful stay on the beach... If you are somebody who likes a little bit of party then this place is friendly and cool... The staff is great in helping out with anything... generally interested... The facilities on the other hand could be improved such as the bathrooms... I come from Hawaii so I can understand the sand issue but they are far from pretty... Cottage was ok, little light, and DOGS are loud at night!

We are really sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Indigo as much as expected... This place is generally really quite at night and we stop the music around 11 pm. We are sad that you think the staff is interested only with your money. We always try to make our best to give you good advices about SHV and around. According to the bathrooms, we clean them as often as possible but we really pay attention to your review and will tzke the cleanliness more seriously... Thank you!

Amazing bungalow right on the beach! Food was ok, bathrooms not the cleanest but didn't matter since we swam in the ocean all day. Just feel like you're living the island paradise life while their! Staff were friendly!

Thank you Hannah. We are glad you found a friendly staff @ Indigo. See you next time!!

View all Sihanoukville Bed and Breakfasts