Indigo on Otres Reviews

Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

This place is amazing! Didn't ever want to leave, do not come to Sihannoukville/Otres without staying! Awesome staff, location, beach, music, food and atmosphere.... They have it all! Thank you for a wonderful time 😊

Food better value for money at other resorts on the beach. Only two toilets for whole resort, often queues. Dogs really nice but very loud all through the night making it hard to sleep.

• 5th Dec 2014

We didn't want to leave. A brilliant place right on the beach. We ate all our meals here, they were delicious. Excellent staff, couldn't recommend highly enough. Be prepared to extend your stay!

First, any of the poor reviews, these people are not in the right mindset. You are on a beach, it will be sandy. You are at a hostel, not a hotel. This place is great! All the rooms are private with large beds. You get a lock for your door and a cabinet in your room. Bar with restaurant (not the best) 20 second walk from your room. Restrooms are not clean, but not dirty. Lots of people to mingle with and you can walk to any of the other bars/ restaurants on the beach.

Lovely and peaceful place right at the beach. friendly staff and very helpful.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

The guys that run the place Vicky and Will are both lovely, very friendly and helpful. There have been some renovations going on and everything is new and shiny. Lovely dogs, especially Flipflop. Good for night time security. I had an awesome stay.

We enjoyed staying here to much that we extended our stay by 3 weeks. Will and Vicky are wonderful hosts and full of helpful advice for things to do in the area. Amazing location on the beach and far away from the noise and chaos at Serendipity Beach

• 14th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Otres is paradise and Indigo is a beautiful slice of it. The staff were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. Nailed every recommendation they gave us about the area. We would walk out the bungalow front door in the morning onto the soft sand with the ocean just steps away. Unreal value.

Vicky and Will are great hosts! The location is amazing and the atmosphere is relaxing and friendly. Stay at Indigo if you're not a princess and like a great time with relaxed people.

• 9th Nov 2014

Staff was better than we have seen in ages! So friendly and willing to help you make the best trip possible, with no pressure to do anything. Good music choices too!

• 5th Nov 2014

There are really no words to describe this place... I mean, just the Otres beach itself is amazing, but to have the privilege of waking up to the sight of sea just a few metres away, listening to evergreen songs and cheerful chattering outside your bungalow, is pure heaven. There is also nice, amusing and very helpful staff that helps you make sure nothing gets in the way of your dream holiday.

Great stay at Indigo! I originally booked for 2 nights but ended up staying 4 and then booking again after returning from the islands. We didn't want to leave! The bungalows are cute and cozy. Such a treat to be right on the beach. The staff is great. Super friendly and helpful. They are doing some painting/minor renos that are giving the place a nice face lift. I will be staying here again when I return to Cambodia! Thank you!

Security dogs are very peaceful (no random barking) until the suspect anything is wrong. Even accompanied my girlfriend to the toilet in the middle of the night, standing guard in front of the door. Obviously sand gets everywhere but you are provided with a broom to brush out your room. Padlocks are provided for each bungalow and safety lock box inside. Shared toilets and shower rooms not that good. Dirty. Wear flip flops in shower. Staff very friendly and helpful. Location/view unreal.

• 24th Oct 2014

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. The toilets are cleaned each morning but the water we use comes directly from the well and over time has marked the tiles in the bathroom. We are reviewing the cleaning products and procedures we use so that we can try and resolve this.

Security being a padlock and padlocked side table wasn't ideal. Our toothpaste was attacked by a rat or some other animal we never caught. The beach is beautiful but utterly drowning in locals offering massages and bracelets, the 'private beach' is further along the beach. The food at the hostel was fairly overpriced, and there should be more bathrooms for the amount of guests. It's a nice enough place, but location isn't everything.

Thanks for your feedback. We have asked all beach vendors not to sell in the bar area and are asking them to not be so persistent. We have also asked them not to sell to people whilst they that are eating on the beach. The lock boxes provided are wooden drawers with padlocks that are bolted to the floor so that they cannot be moved. We have had no thefts from the property in over a year.

If you are looking to head to Otres beach to make the most of a chill, this destination is perfect with whitty

cute beach bungalows, not very busy when we were there so the fact there were only 2 bathrooms not a problem but could be in high season. not much of a vibe but again otres beach was pretty quiet as a whole, would recommend

Lovely spot on Otres, staff are amazing, bungalows are comfortable and priced right! I'm already making plans to come back :)

we loved it here. will and sao are awesome, really helpful and make you feel right at home from the moment you get there. You get a private little part of a beautiful beach with a great view of the sunset, the little shacks are really cosy. you might see bugs, you might get sand and gecko poop. but you are on a beach at a really good price. so you have to just deal with it. it's really laid back atmosphere. ended up staying 3 more nights and met some awesome people. would go again.

everything was all good great staff chilled out place, other then the fact that i got kicked out of my bungalow cause they overbooked. pretty sure my money is just as green as the next persons? maybe priorety should be given to somone who has already invested 4 nights and has a injury that hinders there walking..

We're sorry that you had to move out of your room and would have loved for you to stay longer with us. If we know a guest wishes to extend their booking then we will adjust our availability on Hostelworld so that the room cannot be booked. Unfortunately in your case we had not had confirmation that you wished to stay longer in time to adjust the availability, other bookings had already been made online which we had to honour.

When I arrived (early afternoon),I was spoken to (politely) by a Cambodian,who directed me to an Englishwoman-Emma. Emma greeted me with a jolly Hi,are you Harvey. After asking a couple of questions,I was shown to my beach hut. She made a point of quickly suggesting I get rid of my luggage. This,I was more than happy to do. 10 out of 10 so far. After acquainting myself with my hut & the shower,I returned to the bar/reception area to give Emma a few more details,etc.

• 23rd Sep 2014