Indigo on Otres Reviews

Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

If you are looking to head to Otres beach to make the most of a chill, this destination is perfect with whitty

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Wales

cute beach bungalows, not very busy when we were there so the fact there were only 2 bathrooms not a problem but could be in high season. not much of a vibe but again otres beach was pretty quiet as a whole, would recommend

Lovely spot on Otres, staff are amazing, bungalows are comfortable and priced right! I'm already making plans to come back :)

we loved it here. will and sao are awesome, really helpful and make you feel right at home from the moment you get there. You get a private little part of a beautiful beach with a great view of the sunset, the little shacks are really cosy. you might see bugs, you might get sand and gecko poop. but you are on a beach at a really good price. so you have to just deal with it. it's really laid back atmosphere. ended up staying 3 more nights and met some awesome people. would go again.

everything was all good great staff chilled out place, other then the fact that i got kicked out of my bungalow cause they overbooked. pretty sure my money is just as green as the next persons? maybe priorety should be given to somone who has already invested 4 nights and has a injury that hinders there walking..

We're sorry that you had to move out of your room and would have loved for you to stay longer with us. If we know a guest wishes to extend their booking then we will adjust our availability on Hostelworld so that the room cannot be booked. Unfortunately in your case we had not had confirmation that you wished to stay longer in time to adjust the availability, other bookings had already been made online which we had to honour.

When I arrived (early afternoon),I was spoken to (politely) by a Cambodian,who directed me to an Englishwoman-Emma. Emma greeted me with a jolly Hi,are you Harvey. After asking a couple of questions,I was shown to my beach hut. She made a point of quickly suggesting I get rid of my luggage. This,I was more than happy to do. 10 out of 10 so far. After acquainting myself with my hut & the shower,I returned to the bar/reception area to give Emma a few more details,etc.

• 23rd Sep 2014

The atmosphere at the hostel is very good, the staff was very helpful and gave us advice on everything. This is the place to spend time and relax at the beach

Gorgeous hostel in the best location ever. Bungalow right on the beach for such a resonable price. The food is great too, and you can just walk across the beach to all of the other bars/restaurants. Will made us feel very welcome - we ended up staying a lot longer than we originally planned and even stay a second time around after our trip to Koh Rong. Would def recommend Otres beach over Serendipity as its so over crowded there. Otres beach is beautiful.

Staff are amazing, location is amazing. Def basic bungalows etc but that's fine, with mosquito net etc. Needs more toilets..ten rooms 2 toilets not ideal.. Can find cheaper and better places nearby,not with the location though. Place needs a facelift, pictures are deceiving. All in all if you don't mind some bugs,rats etc(whole area has rats not just indigo) and basic room then all good, staff make up for it being shabby, place needs a lick of paint and some tlc..

Thankyou for the review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall :) We will be re-painting the bar, bungalows and furniture and carrying out other maintenance as soon as the rainy season is over. We re-paint each year but unfortunately the sea air and storms take their toll fairly quickly.

First of all, the bed sheets were not changed, when we checked in. the floor was dirty too. we got new sheets, after asking, but the pillow was full with mold (it was blue!!!!!). the towels were full of brown patches. there were just 2 bathrooms for all the bungalows and they were also in a super bad condition. the first day, the shower didnt work at all. the food is quite expensive and once weve got a burger which bread was still frozen. all in all the beach was nice but thats it!

We're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. Normally rooms are checked prior to new guests being checked-in to ensure that they have been cleaned/linen changed. New towels were bought this year but occasionally, during times of high room turnover, older towels have to be used which are marked due to the red dirt on the road/use of well water, but are clean. I was unaware of any problem with the showers at that time but I will investigate further and can confirm that they are in working order now.

Definitely bare bones here. Nothing luxury or unnecessary. Bed, mosquito net, and fan is the most you get in terms of comfort. That being said, the price can't be beat. Staff was extremely helpful, but not too much socializing here. Better off at one of the bars down the beach for that. Bathrooms were a little gross, so I skipped that, but again you are paying for what you get. Location was fantastic if you're focus is on the beach, our room literally opened up onto it.

Staff were fantastic. Thanks Will for going above and beyond to make our stay so amazing

• 24th Jul 2014

Perfect place for some quiet time and Wil and Justin run the place how everyone should do it

The management were nice but unfortunately the place was quite poorly maintained. There was only 2 toilet/showers for 10 chalets, so queuing outside in the rain at 6am for the toilet isn't ideal. The toilets were smelly and we were warned about rats in the room if there was food! :/ The food and drinks were pretty good but unfortunately the weather was bad while we were there and there was no TV/board games available. Furniture was dirty and broken, a bit of TLC would go a long way here!

The location of Indigo is excellent, right on the stunning beach. The people who run it are just the best people ever - they were really kind and helpful, and really made me feel at home. I thoroughly enjoyed staying here. The bathrooms, however, are pretty awful, and the food was just ok - fortunately other options are just a stroll on the beach away. The bungalows have mosquito nets, a fan and a cane wardrobe - very nice! Overall not a bad option for what you're paying.

We had a fantastic stay with Will and Vicki! They were so helpful and kind towards us and our friends. We only booked one night and ended up staying for over a week because we enjoyed it so much. A really nice place to relax during the day and a good nightlife very nearby. Would highly recommend staying here! And the food is amazing!

• 29th May 2014

Pros: Excellent location. Just a few steps away from the sea. Quiet stretch of Otres, if you're looking for somewhere with more night life you're better off walking further down the beach. Really chill. Cons: Bathrooms were poorly maintained (other hostels on Otres had much cleaner bathrooms.) Hut had one ceiling fan, but with the mosquito net over the bed we could hardly feel any breeze. Even with the window open the hut can get very warm at night. Furnishings in the hut are worn out.

A great place to stay!

• 17th May 2014

We had a lovely time at Indigo, the atmosphere was great and the owners were more then accommodating in helping us find things to do around Sihanoukville as well as transportation to Phnom Penh!

• 27th Apr 2014

This was one of the best places I've ever stayed in a beach location. It was a simple lifestyle, but happy and relaxing. The staff was great, so kind and very helpful. A few weeks after I stayed here, I even sent a friend their way because I enjoyed myself so much. I just hope I can make it back someday.

View all Sihanoukville Bed and Breakfasts