Indigo on Otres Reviews

Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

The management were nice but unfortunately the place was quite poorly maintained. There was only 2 toilet/showers for 10 chalets, so queuing outside in the rain at 6am for the toilet isn't ideal. The toilets were smelly and we were warned about rats in the room if there was food! :/ The food and drinks were pretty good but unfortunately the weather was bad while we were there and there was no TV/board games available. Furniture was dirty and broken, a bit of TLC would go a long way here!

The location of Indigo is excellent, right on the stunning beach. The people who run it are just the best people ever - they were really kind and helpful, and really made me feel at home. I thoroughly enjoyed staying here. The bathrooms, however, are pretty awful, and the food was just ok - fortunately other options are just a stroll on the beach away. The bungalows have mosquito nets, a fan and a cane wardrobe - very nice! Overall not a bad option for what you're paying.

We had a fantastic stay with Will and Vicki! They were so helpful and kind towards us and our friends. We only booked one night and ended up staying for over a week because we enjoyed it so much. A really nice place to relax during the day and a good nightlife very nearby. Would highly recommend staying here! And the food is amazing!

• 29th May 2014

Pros: Excellent location. Just a few steps away from the sea. Quiet stretch of Otres, if you're looking for somewhere with more night life you're better off walking further down the beach. Really chill. Cons: Bathrooms were poorly maintained (other hostels on Otres had much cleaner bathrooms.) Hut had one ceiling fan, but with the mosquito net over the bed we could hardly feel any breeze. Even with the window open the hut can get very warm at night. Furnishings in the hut are worn out.

A great place to stay!

• 17th May 2014

We had a lovely time at Indigo, the atmosphere was great and the owners were more then accommodating in helping us find things to do around Sihanoukville as well as transportation to Phnom Penh!

• 27th Apr 2014

This was one of the best places I've ever stayed in a beach location. It was a simple lifestyle, but happy and relaxing. The staff was great, so kind and very helpful. A few weeks after I stayed here, I even sent a friend their way because I enjoyed myself so much. I just hope I can make it back someday.

Very friendly staff and beautiful beach. Perfect for relaxation. Restaurant and bar also very good.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Nice location for the beach, got told about Rats at night coming into the hut if you've got food. Had no food yet one came in and was running about the room and woke me up. Other than that it's good that you're 10 steps to the beach

We chose Indigo from the reviews and price given lots of the accommodation on Otres has shared bathrooms. For 10 bungalows there are only 2 bathrooms. This surprised us given how many people needed the facilities. We'd booked 5 nights but stayed only 2 as we found somewhere with an ensuite for the same price. Another bummer was the design of the bungalows. No natural light so they're pitch dark at all times of the day. They're also very small and without any private outdoor space. Good peeps tho

The staff was great. The rodents chewed some of our stuff, but other than that the bungalow was comfy enough. Bathrooms/showers aren't the best, but we've experienced worse. The place has a nice relaxed atmosphere with a nice beach. Tuk tuks are readily available if you want to go into Sihanoukville.

I booked 3 nights here, arrived late on my first night to friendly staff. After going to my hut i noticed rat droppings behind the door. At 2am I was woken by two rats in my hut, I saw them and scared them off. They came back continually through the wall gaps so the battle carried on until sunrise. I checked out the next morning. The staff were very nice but said Otres beach had a rat problem, but I didn't detect that any sort of solution was being investigated. S-ville generally felt dirty.

We're sorry you decided to cut your stay short with us. We have investigated various ways to prevent rats entering the bungalows but other than changing the structure from bamboo to solid walls there are no fail safe solutions. This is the same problem for all bungalows on the beach. Instead, we try to control the population by poisoning the runs around our property. Whilst this is effective most of the time there are still occasions when rats are seen.

The owners were very friendly and helpful and the beach was like paradise! Don't book a bus or boat from the beach venders, uncomfortable and unsafe!

• 5th Apr 2014

open the door of your room and you are greeted by the stunning view of the beach: palm trees, white sand and warm aquamarine water. the staff are mega friendly! i was by myself and they invited me out with them, and they gave me lots of tips for my trip to vietnam. big double bed in the room with a mosquito net. bar serves food all day. otres is very peaceful and beautiful whereas serendipity has the party party and is a 15min tuk tuk ride away, so you can have the best of both worlds.

A bit of a rustic bungalow on the beach, but added to the experience. Being on the beach means that things get sandy and a bit dirty naturally, so this is hard to prevent. The showers were separate and shared, and could have been a bit better, but got the job done fine. The staff was very friendly and helpful with everything, and the beach was beautiful and serene.

Indigo is just at the beach and you will have no more than 10 steps until you're in the water. Breakfast is not included but they have a somewhat decent menu for that. There was no toilet paper in neither toilet during our stay. We were warned about rats and one night we did get company from a huge fellow. Otres as a beach was rather dead during the night and this place wasn't really a nice restaurant spot. No music no nothing. There are more inspiring places down the beach.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Sweden

The place is right on the beach, which is really nice. The staff is really nice and you feel that you can ask for anything.

• 17th Mar 2014

Perfect location next to an amazing beach. I will stay there once again for sure!

This hostel was well managed with a friendly staff. Beer was a little more expensive than other places on Otres Beach for the quality of the accomodation. However, the staff is better here and is probably worth the extra money. The English Breakfast is a little more expensive than other places, but the sausage, bacon, and baked beans are of a higher quality which compensates a little for the increased price. I'd like to see some pancakes added to the breakast to make it that much better.

• 1st Feb 2014