Indigo on Otres Reviews

Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Positives: right on the beach and the staff are really nice. The area is good as well- much more laid back than serendipity and the beach was far better. Negatives: the huts felt pretty dirty and not that secure. Impossible to keep sand out which isn't much of a problem but it gets in the bed. No air con makes the rooms sweltering in the morning- I think more than one fan is needed. Also the shared bathrooms need to be kept cleaner- the bin was overflowing.

Absolutely adored these little bungalows on the beach. Waking up and having the beach just meters from your room is such a cool feeling, and the numerous bars and restaurants lining the beach within walking distance of Indigo was perfect. The towns about a 5 minute drive or $3 by tuk tuk or motorbike, and the staff were super friendly! Loved our stay here, if I had one complaint it’d be the low supply of toilet paper lol. Also pack mossie repellant, you’ll thank me later.

Being on Otres beach was great. We woke up to a really beautiful view every morning. Cleanliness could have been better though - the bathrooms definitely could have been better. There are two between all the shacks to share and one was always flooded after someone showered so I can't imagine it during peak season. It is a lot more quiet than Serendipity but a tuk tuk isn't too far if you wanted to go there at night.

Small hostel (only 10 rooms) with a lovely chilled vibe (not a party place!!!). Food and drinks were great and the staff were lovely and made an extra effort to make our stay memorable. The location is superb - on the beach! Would definelty stay here again.

thank you for this return on your stay, especially thank you for your confidence in indigo and in all the team! We will not forget you, especially not emily !!

This is the perfect place is you want somewhere chilled and quiet on the beach, away from the hassle and main strip. My boyfriend and I ended up staying longer than the original booking. There are two toilets for 10 huts, however never had to wait to long. The food was lovely and fresh. The room is simple, with a padlock for the main door and one for a chest. The staff were friendly and took time to talk to everyone. I would stay here again. It's so nice.

i realy want to reply to your coment, and especially, i want to tell you: thank you! All the team was pleased to meet you and spend time with you. Thank you for this moments together and Sao, Emily, Panna, Mot and Me are delighted to make your stay in Indigo and in Cambodia a special moment...

Room was basic and inexpensive, clean enough, a little dark and almost impossible to keep the sand out - a wash basin for your feet would be helpful outside the room, since it's directly on the beach and even the path to/from the shower is sand. The roof fan didn't work very well, barely made a breeze which hot a bit hot at night. The food was OK but better can easily be found elsewhere. Location is good, and it might be a bit more lively in high season, as it was really quiet for our visit.

Awesome location on the beach, friendly staff and a chilled atmosphere.

The hotel is kind of far away from the central but you have a beautiful view of the beach. However, the staff is not really friendly and helpful. When I arrived at 2pm, their staff were playing sknokers and none of them bothered to welcome me. The man at the reception ran back to give me the key and quickly showed me my room then off to his game again. The toilet was disgusting, stink of urine smell. There was no toilet paper (their staff didnt check and clean the toilet often).

Really nice place to stay for a night or two Owner and her brother really nice and helpful Was very quiet but i dont know whether its like that all the time or just because of the time we went Lovely place

Gorgeous location with a friendly staff. Great escape from the busy cities to a relaxing few days at the beach. Other than a terrible sunburn (beware) no complaints. No aircon, but the fans were enough to keep in pleasant at night.

thank you for leaving us a good comment, we hope to see you again !

Right on otres 1 beach. Friendly & helpful staff. Basic bungalows but mosquito nets & fans are all you need. Staff kept our packs safe while we stayed at koh Rong island which was extremely helpful.

Indigo is great value for your money, it's right on the beach which definitely the best part. Staff are friendly. Lounge chairs on the beach with cocktails during happy hour were incredible. Can check out Koh Rong Island if looking for more nightlife- Otres Beach is very quiet and food is quite pricey. Overall, Indigo is good place on Otres.

Had a great stay at Indigo, location is perfect right on the beach. Just keep in mind it's a little out of Sihanoukville ($5 tuk tuk) but once you are out there then it's all apples. Indigo itself is well maintained and we would happily go back. Good beers and good sunset!!

Me and my boyfriend stayed here much longer than plannend! The bungalows are right on the beach so you can just wake up, have (nice) breakfast and ly down at the beach. The facilities are seperated which is no problem at all, I didn't experience any line in one week. The staff is so friendly! They wanted to help us out with everything. Also the massage women next to Indigo are amazing!! Would definitely go back when going to Sihanoukville

• 18th May 2015

I stayed here for 2 nights initially and ended up staying an extra few nights. A member of staff - Emily - is the reason my friend and I enjoyed our time so much at Indigo. She's friendly, helpful and very obviously takes pride in her job!

• 18th May 2015

Security: anyone can walk around the bungalows at night and with only a small padlock to get into them they are easily broken into. Staff: they were ok, not overly chatty however one night when we was having w nice few drinks at the bar the women said she needed to Skype to turned the music off. Atmosphere: so much potential for a great place but currently zero atmosphere I think it's overpriced, £10 for a dirty hut, useless mozzy net and an old fan. There toilet facilities are filthy.

Very nice and relaxing place, near the city , very good hostel for chill out on trip :) staff is friendly and helpful :)

Really enjoyed my stay here - staff were great and was fun to stay in a beach hut.

Right on otres beach, with the most lovely staff, and great cooks! Best English breakfast I've had so far in Asia! Very near plenty of restaurants, and a short tuk tuk journey away from serendipity beach. Highly recommend!

Really great location if your just looking to have a few drinks on the beach. Bungalows are literally on the beach. Staff were ok, sometimes not very helpful in giving recommendations.

« first « Prev 1 2 3