International Student Center Reviews

38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024, New York, New York, USA

This is bad hostel I ever been.

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please remember: it's important to read any hostel/hotel's regulations and cancellation policies to prepare to make the best of your stay anywhere. Safe travels!

Really nice area close to the subway, i had cool roommates.

• 29th Oct 2013

I stayed in the all girls room, the only down fall is two bathrooms up in that floor. Amazing views, great location. Very accommodating staff. Will more than likely stay here again.

Loved this hostel for just the one night as backpacks are kept downstairs and only a rucksack is allowed in the bedroom. We didn't mind this as we were only stopping over before heading to another place so went for the cheapest. Very good value for money. Excellent common area. Dorms and bathrooms are just like home, nothing fancy but nice enough. I would definitely stay again for a short time. Also good location with shops/bars/metro around the corner (2 mins walk)

What was the most enjoyable is the varety of activities. Some of my friends loved the free pasta dinner. I was fond of morning youga on Wednesday and Museum-goesr evening with Megan! Movie with opocorn and loads of fun lasted till late! It's the best HI place in the world. I saw many of those. This one has minimalistic interior and great great atmosphere due to the PPL! Guests rock. Events do the trick!

This is a bad hostel I ever been.

Incredible quality and positioning compared to a cheap price. The atmosphere is made very nice by the lounge and the kitchen. The hostel is very clean and provides interesting tips to discover the city. I can only regret the absence of wi-fi which is really useful during a trip and will not change the good atmosphere of this wonderful hostel.

Well, to run up 4 floors a few times everyday because you can't have your bag in your room is not okay. I get that the no wifi rule is because they want to promote social travel but please let that be up to each and everyone as I need it for more important things than facebook. The staff were just rude. Showers were not good. Not enough bathrooms. No one wants to start their day by waiting in line for an hour. The kitchen wasn't anything praiseworthy either. But the subway was close.

The International Student Center informed me the day before I was supposed to arrive that there was an overbooking and I could not stay in the hostel. I know it can happen but was disappointed me even more was the lack of professionalism from the hostel. They did not suggest any alternative hostel or solution. In addition, they did not provide me with very precise information on how to get my deposit back. I worked in the travel industry and I think their customer service could be improved.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your suggestion of coming up with a list of alternative hostels. To have your deposit returned, as we mentioned to you before, you must contact the booking site since we do not receive deposits.. They will guide you from there. Safe travels!

1 2 3 Next » last »