International Travelers House Adventure Hostel Reviews

1658 Front Street, San Diego, CA, San Diego, USA

As Hostel's go this was easily one of the greatest i have ever been too. The staff were incredible! So warm and inviting. The hostel wasn't massive but it created a sense of home that you just don't get from most places. It was the perfect San Diego feel. Would i go back again? Absolutely.

• 19th Sep 2014

really the best hostel i've ever been in my life!

One of my favorite hostel experiences for sure! The staff and atmosphere were great! I was checked in by Mahdi, who did a great job acquainting me with the hostel and giving me some tips about things to do in the city. There is also so much included in the cost of staying - I would definitely stay here again and recommend the spot to others!

• 14th Sep 2014

That is the best Hostel i ever been. Breakfast and Dinner included, very Day and Night activitis ( snorkeling, beachtour, pubcrawl and and . ..) included !! The Staff is so friendly and helpful. When you join this Hostel, your defintly have Fun, meet cool People and find out the best places in town. My stay at the Adventure Hostel was awesome! thanks !

• 7th Sep 2014

I like the place will go back, had very courteous staff and travelers. Iam in my forties and was no problem I enjoyed the conversations, very nice surroundings for that.

• 1st Sep 2014

Terrible location. 20 min walk from other hostels. SD's main prison is a block away. Good introduction by staff and generally very clean. Free evening meal was ok but basic - most hostels don't do this, so a bonus. This hostels idea of a pub crawl was a disaster, they take you to a super expensive club (yes, club) as the first stop. To be fair.. The guy running it didn't seem the "going out type" but why was he running it ?! They need some evening activity tips from other hostels.

Lots of our guests love our location in Little Italy as it is quieter than downtown but still very central and not too long a walk. The prison isn't a block away, although on the same street it is 6 blocks away and we are in a different, very residential area. The evening you stayed with us was actually our club night (with organized free entry), not a pub crawl. We sometimes try other places to keep everyone happy. Our aim of free meals is to bring people together, so we're glad you enjoyed it.

Great place. Great people. Great fun.

Cleanliness poor because of the 50 bedbug bites I got from them in one night... the stuff told me that they would kill them every month with a spray but either that doesnt work or they can reproduce themself so quickly that it was possible to have 50 bites within one night...

• 20th Aug 2014

Sorry to hear that you had bites. We do spray for bed bugs, normally twice or more a month and we deep clean the rooms. Commonly bed bugs are actually brought in by other guests on clothing or items they have that are infested. They don't relate to cleanliness and can reproduce very quickly, and are active at night around humans when it is dark and cool. We do all we can to prevent them with our practices, so we are sorry you experienced them. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay other than that

So friendly and so many great activities (free activities, free dinner) provided - lent to a great, family-like atmosphere. Best hostel experience I've had yet!

Free dinners a plus. They also recycle which is great environmental awareness.

Certainly one of the best hostels we´ve ever stayed!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This place is class! It's so relaxed and friendly, and the staff make sure everyone gets involved in the activities! Also, you get breakfast and dinner which makes it ridiculously good value for money, and both meals are fresh and filling! Location is perfect for partying and going to the beach! Couldn't recommend it enough.. Ps get a few more fans for the 8 bed dorms

• 12th Aug 2014

Thanks for your comments. We're glad you guys enjoyed your stay so much and had so much fun with the staff. We find those meals a great way for everyone to get together and relax after a day of fun and exploring. Thanks for the heads up about the fans, it's on the list as we're still getting the finishing touches dialled into those recently opened rooms. Hopefully we'll get to see you again sometime!! Safe travels :)

10/10 one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at!! Keep up the good work guys :)

Thanks for the kind words! It was great to meet you, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Hopefully we'll get the chance to see you again sometime! Cheers, Steve

we had a very very small room,there was no space for our luggage and it was very dark in the room.(room nr 6) so it was too expencive for this room!! there are bigger and nicer ones,but we wer not that lucky.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy that room. Although it is quite small and room sometimes can be a problem when everyone has large bags we find most guests really enjoy it because it is quiet and a bit darker as well. I'm sorry to hear you found this such a negative experience, hopefully you can stay with us again and we'll shoot for one of those nice bigger rooms for you. Thanks for the feedback :)

The staff was very concerned that everything was alright and cared a lot about the satisfaction of the guests and overall cleanliless. We had a great stay even if breakfast from 7.30 am does not intend that it is already prepared. ;)

• 5th Aug 2014

I'm glad that you noticed that they were helping people have fun and keeping the place clean, they do work hard so we can run this place so smoothly! Thanks for your feedback about the breakfast, it can be quite hectic in the mornings but we certainly try our hardest to get that home cooked breakfast out for everyone by as close to 7.30 as we can. Safe travels :)

Very friendly and helpful staff, and the international atmosphere created at the hostel was a breath of fresh air. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in San Diego. Tons of activities each day, and who can beat complimentary breakfast AND dinner? P.S. Steve (the manager) is the man.

Thanks for the recommendation, we certainly appreciate it. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed all the free activities and meals and enjoyed your interactions with our staff that we love so much. It was great to meet you and hopefully we'll see you again soon! P.S. Thanks for compliment mate! Cheers, Steve

This was a great Hostel I recommend it to any traveller! It is a distance from the beach but they have free trips that go to the beach and free dinner meals where amazing! More than just a cook it yourself pancake breakfast which I really enjoyed.... The staff where fantastic and the atmosphere was perfect whether you wanted to sit and watch TV or drink and party with others! Great job guys

Thanks for your comments! It was great to meet you and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here so much. It's always great to hear when people enjoy the free meals and the activities and hanging out with the staff. Hopefully we'll see you again sometime soon. Until then, safe travels! Cheers, Steve

It was an excellent choice, and when going again to San Diego, for sure will be staying there again!

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay so much and we look forward to seeing you again when you come back to San Diego. Safe travels :)

Amazing. Can't wait to return soon.

It was great to meet you guys and we're glad to hear you had such an amazing visit!! We'd love to see you again when you're next in San Diego. All the best!!

BEST LITTLE HOSTEL IVE EVER STAYED AT! great staff, suoer friendly and helpful, very artsy space, many awesome activitities and the hostel itself is adorable! Highly reccomended!

• 29th Jul 2014

Thanks for the recommendation, we're glad to hear you had such a great stay. We loved having you as part of our family and are happy to hear you found the staff so helpful and enjoyed our great location!! Thanks again and safe travels!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3