International Travelers House Adventure Hostel Reviews

1658 Front Street, San Diego, CA, San Diego, USA

I believe that my above review may be a little misleading as I did not get to actually stay there. The reason it was a terrible experience is because they messed up my reservation by overbooking my bed and was very un-helpful for trying to correct this mistake.

• 30th Jul 2015

This hostel is a little cramped and the restroom and showers are coed. Something to consider if this bothers you. Otherwise, the hostel is very busy and has a very vibrant atmosphere. The staff organizes a lot of interesting activities and put a lot of effort into fostering a friendly atmosphere. It's also situated in a great location within walking distance to local attractions and dining places.

Loved this hostel! I will definitely stay here again when I'm in San Diego. Only $15 cab ride from the airport. Food is great--free breakfast and free dinner.

• 20th Jul 2015

Best hostel I've evee been so far.

Fantastic free breakfasts AND dinners, which were great. The location perfect and beds comfortable. Whilst this is quite a small hostel, the atmosphere was perfect for meeting new people. My only criticism would be that when I needed the assistance of a member of staff, the staff member that I dealt with was absolutely useless and did not help me; others guests had the same problem with thisthis person.

This is an excellent hostel, my favourite one I stayed at in the US. The rooms, staff, and facilities are all good, but what makes this hostel great are the varied and well-planned activities offered for free in the afternoons and evenings. We went to a cool local brewery one evening and then headed out to a club, and they also offer surf lessons etc. The atmosphere is also very communal, helped by the tasty free dinners offered to guests, cooked by the staff. Highly recommended.

I overall really enjoyed the hostel. They give you free breakfast and dinner and they are different everyday which is very different from other hostels I stayed in. It's very drinking and smoking friendly (of course not indoors)

The staff was friendly and the activities were awesome! Keep up the good work!

• 12th Jul 2015

Really friendly staff, good activities (could be more for under 21s in the evening though), such a great atmosphere and great food!

• 11th Jul 2015

Security and location are #1 and 2 for me and they exceeded my expectations. Each room and house has its own key code which made me feel comfortable leaving my luggage in the room while out exploring the city. The location was great. Close enough where you can walk to the waterfront, restaurants/bars (can also use Uber). Really close to the airport as well. I think it could have been cleaner overall, and my room was really hot if the window wasn't open. I was satisfied with my stay. Thanks!

I stayed in the farm house/ mixed 6 bed dorm. It was my first time staying at a hostel and it was great! I was traveling alone but didn't feel alone at all. Everyone (staff & guests) was so friendly/helpful. I really enjoyed all the free activities. I felt like I was staying with friends rather than strangers. I definitely recommend!

• 29th Jun 2015

Such a atmosphere! We really enjoyed stay!

Hi! We are glad that you had a good time with us. Hope see you again soon!

Hands down the best hostel in the USA. Free delicious meals every day, clean rooms, comfy beds, friendly staff and atmosphere, daily free trips around town with new friends. Can't recommend ITH highly enough.

• 28th Jun 2015

Everyone is so friendly, I felt so at home here! I extended my stay and wish I could have stayed longer. It's great.

great hostel

• 26th Jun 2015

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. You are welcome to come back. Cheers.

Love the FREE day and night trips provided by the hostel! Easy to sign up for, a great way to meet people and also a fun way to see parts of the city you might not have had insight or access to.

• 24th Jun 2015

Hands down the hostel i have stayed at. The staff were incredibly helpful, the place had a great atmosphere and it was really clean. The activities (day & night) created a awesome social environment and catered for all. Complimentary breakfast & dinner was a big bonus but above all else, the staff were the best part of my stay. You guys/girls are awesome!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

The bathroom floors definitely felt clean, I love how the shower mats never felt soggy or dirty and the counter always clean. The room was harder to gauge, understandable because it's difficult to clean when there are people leaving and moving in at different times. The pillows and sheets definitely felt clean though!

I had a great time! I will really miss all the cool people I met. But I will probably send over a cookbook. Take care guys!

• 28th May 2015
  • Sweden

Really nice, comfortable rooms and plenty of things to do every night, but the only issue was that there was one bathroom for four rooms of people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3