International Travelers House Adventure Hostel Reviews

1658 Front Street, San Diego, CA, San Diego, USA

Great concept, great vibe, AMAZING Staff. I had a blast at International Travelers House Adventure Hostel. I felt safe the entire time, the staff is extremely friendly and I am still amazed at what i received for such an affordable price. I highly recommend staying here and taking full advantage of all the group activities that are offered a little to no cost. A+++++ , Ross

• 26th Aug 2015

This is what staying at hostels while travelling is all about. Great location, clean facilities and regular bunk bed are what of course everyone expects from the hostel, but there is so much more to discover here. The San Diego laid-back atmosphere and fellow travelers made my visit special. They also offer great dinner and breakfast as well as they organize tons of awesome free activities (snorkeling at La Jolla cove, pub crawls, visit to Ocean Beach, the list goes on...). Good job ITH Hostel!

I enjoyed my stay. The people are lovely, and the vicinity is first-rate.

Hi there. Thanks for your review. We are glad that you had a good time staying with us.

Great place to stay and experience new cultures and to see San Diego.

• 21st Aug 2015

Parking situation is difficult in SD. Great hostel, would go there again next time, especially for dinner. Breakfast should be served as promised, though.

Staff were rude, couldn't answer simple questions without being condescending. was only 3 toilets in the whole hostel!! Rooms were tiny. One staff member who was on breakfast was an absolute legend!! shame he wasn't involved more.

Hi there, Thanks for your message. We are sad that you didn't have a good time staying with us, That is not the service that we are proud to say we have. We have all our staff trained to help the guests in their needs. We apologize for this situation and we hope you come back so we can show you a good experience.

the hostel was fine - the beds were comfortable and the rooms had enough space (not a ton, but enough). staff was overall helpful but seemed a little stressed or annoyed - not incredibly welcoming, but not off-putting either. some of the staff were friendlier and others were less friendly, but that might just be how it goes. bathrooms were dirty.

A really great atmosphere, lots of free activities all around the city, good wifi and free breakfasts and dinners. Really good value for money, in a nice location and a clean, tidy hostel for the most part

Hi! We are glad that you enjoy your stay. Hope see you again soon. Thanks for your review.

Very nice place. Friendly, efficient, helpful staff. Lovely environment.

• 16th Aug 2015

Hello. Thanks for your feedback. We are glad that you had a good time staying with us. Hope you come back soon. Cheers

Very nice place. Ideal to meet new people from all over the world. A lot of activities, nice hangout-place infront of the hostel. If you wanna meet new people, a place I would always recommend!

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Hi. Thanks for your review. We are happy that you had a good time. Hope see you again soon.

I actually didn't stay here due to a glitch in booking through Hostelworld, but it seems like an amazing hostel! They gave us vouchers for a free night's stay and let us join the Saturday trip to Tijuana. We saw three hostels during our time in San Diego and this was definitely the best! Too bad we weren't able to stay there

This place was just great

Hello. WE are happy to hear from you that you had a good time. Hope see you again. Thanks for your feed back.

Staying at ITH was great! They where having some issues with their booking software and hostelworld overbooked me. But when I got there and there where no beds available they immediately offered me to stay on the couch free of charge! A lovely crew works there and the Tijuana trip was really fun! Fully recommended.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Israel

Hi there! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. One more time we apologize for the situation. Please, come back when you can. You are welcome to stay with us. Cheers

They messed up my reservation as I booked a room in a 4 bed dorm but gave me a room in a 10 bed. They seem to be having problems with their reservation system. They did offer me discount and the staff member was apologetic. Get free breakfast and dinner although the rations were small, Comfortable outside sitting areas.

We are glad that you enjoyed our outside areas. We had some problems with reservations coming through Hostelworld and we tried to accommodate everyone. Unfortunately we couldn't keep you in the room that you booked because it was a Hostelworld mistake, showing you a bed available when actually we had not. One more time we apologize for this situation. It is not the service we are proud to say we have. Please, let me know if you have any plans to come back and we give you a night for free. Cheers

Overall I had a really good time at the ITH, however that was mainly because of the people I met. The hostel itself and today and night time events put on are good but my experience was soured by the staff. I found the majority of them rude and if not rude uninterested in guests. Unfortunately the character limit doesn't allow me to recount each story but there were three separate occasions when different staff members were out right rude to me for no reason, which I find unacceptable .

The ITH is one if the best hostels i have ever stayed at! It felt like home and some ppl even became good friends. They understand why people travel and provide the best basis to experience san diego. Thank you, team, for the best time! Hope to see you soon!

Hi! Thank you so much for your lovely words. We are glad to know that you had a great time with us and we hope you come back soon. Cheers

The hostel is great. One of the best hostel Ive been to so far. Youll love it. El hostal es maravilloso. Es uno de los mejores que estado en mi vida. Una gran experiencia personal conocer a tanta gente de diferentes países.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Very good hostel with amazing people!

This is a very good hostel, especially for solo travellers. The atmosphere is great and it's easy to meet people and make friends, especially with the daily daytime and evening events.

Awesome hostel! Only thing lacking is air conditioning but other than that it is awesome!!!

• 25th Jul 2015