International Travelers House Adventure Hostel Reviews

1658 Front Street, San Diego, CA, San Diego, USA

Terrible location. 20 min walk from other hostels. SD's main prison is a block away. Good introduction by staff and generally very clean. Free evening meal was ok but basic - most hostels don't do this, so a bonus. This hostels idea of a pub crawl was a disaster, they take you to a super expensive club (yes, club) as the first stop. To be fair.. The guy running it didn't seem the "going out type" but why was he running it ?! They need some evening activity tips from other hostels.

Great place. Great people. Great fun.

So friendly and so many great activities (free activities, free dinner) provided - lent to a great, family-like atmosphere. Best hostel experience I've had yet!

Free dinners a plus. They also recycle which is great environmental awareness.

Certainly one of the best hostels we´ve ever stayed!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This place is class! It's so relaxed and friendly, and the staff make sure everyone gets involved in the activities! Also, you get breakfast and dinner which makes it ridiculously good value for money, and both meals are fresh and filling! Location is perfect for partying and going to the beach! Couldn't recommend it enough.. Ps get a few more fans for the 8 bed dorms

• 12th Aug 2014

10/10 one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at!! Keep up the good work guys :)

we had a very very small room,there was no space for our luggage and it was very dark in the room.(room nr 6) so it was too expencive for this room!! there are bigger and nicer ones,but we wer not that lucky.

The staff was very concerned that everything was alright and cared a lot about the satisfaction of the guests and overall cleanliless. We had a great stay even if breakfast from 7.30 am does not intend that it is already prepared. ;)

• 5th Aug 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff, and the international atmosphere created at the hostel was a breath of fresh air. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in San Diego. Tons of activities each day, and who can beat complimentary breakfast AND dinner? P.S. Steve (the manager) is the man.

This was a great Hostel I recommend it to any traveller! It is a distance from the beach but they have free trips that go to the beach and free dinner meals where amazing! More than just a cook it yourself pancake breakfast which I really enjoyed.... The staff where fantastic and the atmosphere was perfect whether you wanted to sit and watch TV or drink and party with others! Great job guys

It was an excellent choice, and when going again to San Diego, for sure will be staying there again!

Amazing. Can't wait to return soon.

It was great to meet you guys and we're glad to hear you had such an amazing visit!! We'd love to see you again when you're next in San Diego. All the best!!

BEST LITTLE HOSTEL IVE EVER STAYED AT! great staff, suoer friendly and helpful, very artsy space, many awesome activitities and the hostel itself is adorable! Highly reccomended!

• 29th Jul 2014

Thanks for the recommendation, we're glad to hear you had such a great stay. We loved having you as part of our family and are happy to hear you found the staff so helpful and enjoyed our great location!! Thanks again and safe travels!!

Best hostel experience I have had - amazing staff, food and activities. Felt like I was part of a little travel family

• 28th Jul 2014

My bed was full of insects, they bitten me and i could not sleep, all the other things was ok. Please, take care about cleanliness.

Sorry to hear that you had some issues. We work incredibly hard to keep the place clean so everyone is comfortable. We clean the rooms thoroughly each day, including inspecting all beds to ensure they are clean. We also deep clean the rooms once a week, spraying as well to prevent any issues. At this time of year there are a lot more insects around with the warmer weather and unfortunately there is not much we can do about that. At the same time, I'm glad to see you enjoyed the hostel and staff!

This was my first hostel experience as well a travelling alone. All the staff made me feel welcome and by the end of my stay it felt like I was leaving a family. Great atmosphere and great staff and fellow travellers! I will definitely recommend people stay here if visiting San Diego as the day and night time activities are awesome fun, the meals provided breakfast and dinner are a good way to meet fellow travellers and share experiences. I'm just planning my next trip back! Can't wait!

Great staff, nice chilled atmosphere, washing service and free dinners are a nice touch

• 20th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

BEST PLACE EVERRRRRR!! It definitely deserves five stars if we're rating hostels. Everything is taken care of. Staff is amazing and so is the accomodation. GO HERE!!

• 20th Jul 2014

We're glad you loved the place so much, thanks for the great review. We try to think of everything we can, and our volunteers work so hard to make sure everything runs well and people have fun, so it's always nice to hear! We loved having you stay with us. All the best, and safe travels!!

Great hostel and staff. Atmosphere was awesome!

Glad you guys enjoyed your stay so much, it was a pleasure to meet you! The staff certainly work hard to create an atmosphere where everyone can have fun. Hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your trip! Cheers, Steve

« first « Prev 1 2 3