International Travelers House Adventure Hostel Reviews

1658 Front Street, San Diego, CA, San Diego, USA

We had a great time there and definitely gonna come back :)

• 11th Oct 2014

It was pretty quiet, not as social as I heard the Zoo hostel was. Most people there were volunteers working at the hostel and they would party all night and then pass out in the tv room all day. But they were very friendly, and generally welcoming. It was like being in a big share house, so the longer you're there, the more at home you'll feel.

Absolutely excellent hostel. Great staff, fun activities, and a very social atmosphere.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Had a blast, stay again anytime

• 1st Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

All the free activities are SO fun and the staff are really friendly and helpful! Great location too only problem is a little far if you're wanting to spend a lot of time at the beach! Great atmosphere too!

As Hostel's go this was easily one of the greatest i have ever been too. The staff were incredible! So warm and inviting. The hostel wasn't massive but it created a sense of home that you just don't get from most places. It was the perfect San Diego feel. Would i go back again? Absolutely.

• 19th Sep 2014

really the best hostel i've ever been in my life!

One of my favorite hostel experiences for sure! The staff and atmosphere were great! I was checked in by Mahdi, who did a great job acquainting me with the hostel and giving me some tips about things to do in the city. There is also so much included in the cost of staying - I would definitely stay here again and recommend the spot to others!

• 14th Sep 2014

its a very nice hostel with great activities! Staff is very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast and dinner was awesome!! But some people missunderstood the system of it, its NOT all U can eat! Lockers are available in the rooms. They´re cleaning the room every day. Its about a 40 minutes bus ride to the beaches of San Diego, thats the only negative thing. the rest of it, just great!!

That is the best Hostel i ever been. Breakfast and Dinner included, very Day and Night activitis ( snorkeling, beachtour, pubcrawl and and . ..) included !! The Staff is so friendly and helpful. When you join this Hostel, your defintly have Fun, meet cool People and find out the best places in town. My stay at the Adventure Hostel was awesome! thanks !

• 7th Sep 2014

I like the place will go back, had very courteous staff and travelers. Iam in my forties and was no problem I enjoyed the conversations, very nice surroundings for that.

• 1st Sep 2014

Terrible location. 20 min walk from other hostels. SD's main prison is a block away. Good introduction by staff and generally very clean. Free evening meal was ok but basic - most hostels don't do this, so a bonus. This hostels idea of a pub crawl was a disaster, they take you to a super expensive club (yes, club) as the first stop. To be fair.. The guy running it didn't seem the "going out type" but why was he running it ?! They need some evening activity tips from other hostels.

Lots of our guests love our location in Little Italy as it is quieter than downtown but still very central and not too long a walk. The prison isn't a block away, although on the same street it is 6 blocks away and we are in a different, very residential area. The evening you stayed with us was actually our club night (with organized free entry), not a pub crawl. We sometimes try other places to keep everyone happy. Our aim of free meals is to bring people together, so we're glad you enjoyed it.

Great place. Great people. Great fun.

Cleanliness poor because of the 50 bedbug bites I got from them in one night... the stuff told me that they would kill them every month with a spray but either that doesnt work or they can reproduce themself so quickly that it was possible to have 50 bites within one night...

• 20th Aug 2014

Sorry to hear that you had bites. We do spray for bed bugs, normally twice or more a month and we deep clean the rooms. Commonly bed bugs are actually brought in by other guests on clothing or items they have that are infested. They don't relate to cleanliness and can reproduce very quickly, and are active at night around humans when it is dark and cool. We do all we can to prevent them with our practices, so we are sorry you experienced them. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay other than that

So friendly and so many great activities (free activities, free dinner) provided - lent to a great, family-like atmosphere. Best hostel experience I've had yet!

Free dinners a plus. They also recycle which is great environmental awareness.

Certainly one of the best hostels we´ve ever stayed!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This place is class! It's so relaxed and friendly, and the staff make sure everyone gets involved in the activities! Also, you get breakfast and dinner which makes it ridiculously good value for money, and both meals are fresh and filling! Location is perfect for partying and going to the beach! Couldn't recommend it enough.. Ps get a few more fans for the 8 bed dorms

• 12th Aug 2014

Thanks for your comments. We're glad you guys enjoyed your stay so much and had so much fun with the staff. We find those meals a great way for everyone to get together and relax after a day of fun and exploring. Thanks for the heads up about the fans, it's on the list as we're still getting the finishing touches dialled into those recently opened rooms. Hopefully we'll get to see you again sometime!! Safe travels :)

10/10 one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at!! Keep up the good work guys :)

Thanks for the kind words! It was great to meet you, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Hopefully we'll get the chance to see you again sometime! Cheers, Steve

we had a very very small room,there was no space for our luggage and it was very dark in the room.(room nr 6) so it was too expencive for this room!! there are bigger and nicer ones,but we wer not that lucky.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy that room. Although it is quite small and room sometimes can be a problem when everyone has large bags we find most guests really enjoy it because it is quiet and a bit darker as well. I'm sorry to hear you found this such a negative experience, hopefully you can stay with us again and we'll shoot for one of those nice bigger rooms for you. Thanks for the feedback :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3