International Travelers House Adventure Hostel Reviews

1658 Front Street, San Diego, CA, San Diego, USA

10/10 one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at!! Keep up the good work guys :)

Thanks for the kind words! It was great to meet you, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Hopefully we'll get the chance to see you again sometime! Cheers, Steve

we had a very very small room,there was no space for our luggage and it was very dark in the room.(room nr 6) so it was too expencive for this room!! there are bigger and nicer ones,but we wer not that lucky.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy that room. Although it is quite small and room sometimes can be a problem when everyone has large bags we find most guests really enjoy it because it is quiet and a bit darker as well. I'm sorry to hear you found this such a negative experience, hopefully you can stay with us again and we'll shoot for one of those nice bigger rooms for you. Thanks for the feedback :)

The staff was very concerned that everything was alright and cared a lot about the satisfaction of the guests and overall cleanliless. We had a great stay even if breakfast from 7.30 am does not intend that it is already prepared. ;)

• 5th Aug 2014

I'm glad that you noticed that they were helping people have fun and keeping the place clean, they do work hard so we can run this place so smoothly! Thanks for your feedback about the breakfast, it can be quite hectic in the mornings but we certainly try our hardest to get that home cooked breakfast out for everyone by as close to 7.30 as we can. Safe travels :)

Very friendly and helpful staff, and the international atmosphere created at the hostel was a breath of fresh air. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in San Diego. Tons of activities each day, and who can beat complimentary breakfast AND dinner? P.S. Steve (the manager) is the man.

Thanks for the recommendation, we certainly appreciate it. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed all the free activities and meals and enjoyed your interactions with our staff that we love so much. It was great to meet you and hopefully we'll see you again soon! P.S. Thanks for compliment mate! Cheers, Steve

This was a great Hostel I recommend it to any traveller! It is a distance from the beach but they have free trips that go to the beach and free dinner meals where amazing! More than just a cook it yourself pancake breakfast which I really enjoyed.... The staff where fantastic and the atmosphere was perfect whether you wanted to sit and watch TV or drink and party with others! Great job guys

Thanks for your comments! It was great to meet you and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here so much. It's always great to hear when people enjoy the free meals and the activities and hanging out with the staff. Hopefully we'll see you again sometime soon. Until then, safe travels! Cheers, Steve

It was an excellent choice, and when going again to San Diego, for sure will be staying there again!

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay so much and we look forward to seeing you again when you come back to San Diego. Safe travels :)

Amazing. Can't wait to return soon.

It was great to meet you guys and we're glad to hear you had such an amazing visit!! We'd love to see you again when you're next in San Diego. All the best!!

BEST LITTLE HOSTEL IVE EVER STAYED AT! great staff, suoer friendly and helpful, very artsy space, many awesome activitities and the hostel itself is adorable! Highly reccomended!

• 29th Jul 2014

Thanks for the recommendation, we're glad to hear you had such a great stay. We loved having you as part of our family and are happy to hear you found the staff so helpful and enjoyed our great location!! Thanks again and safe travels!!

Best hostel experience I have had - amazing staff, food and activities. Felt like I was part of a little travel family

• 28th Jul 2014

Thanks for your comments. Our staff work so hard to make sure everyone has a great time so it's always nice to hear that you enjoyed them and felt like part of the family! We're glad to hear you had such a great experience, and hopefully we'll get to see you again soon!

My bed was full of insects, they bitten me and i could not sleep, all the other things was ok. Please, take care about cleanliness.

Sorry to hear that you had some issues. We work incredibly hard to keep the place clean so everyone is comfortable. We clean the rooms thoroughly each day, including inspecting all beds to ensure they are clean. We also deep clean the rooms once a week, spraying as well to prevent any issues. At this time of year there are a lot more insects around with the warmer weather and unfortunately there is not much we can do about that. At the same time, I'm glad to see you enjoyed the hostel and staff!

This was my first hostel experience as well a travelling alone. All the staff made me feel welcome and by the end of my stay it felt like I was leaving a family. Great atmosphere and great staff and fellow travellers! I will definitely recommend people stay here if visiting San Diego as the day and night time activities are awesome fun, the meals provided breakfast and dinner are a good way to meet fellow travellers and share experiences. I'm just planning my next trip back! Can't wait!

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed everything while you were here. We really enjoyed showing you around the great city of SD and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed all the meals and trips. We're looking forward to seeing you again hopefully next year. Safe travels mate! Cheers, Steve

Great staff, nice chilled atmosphere, washing service and free dinners are a nice touch

• 20th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your comments! Our staff love hanging out with the guests and adding to the atmosphere. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed all the services and free meals we provide. Safe travels!

BEST PLACE EVERRRRRR!! It definitely deserves five stars if we're rating hostels. Everything is taken care of. Staff is amazing and so is the accomodation. GO HERE!!

• 20th Jul 2014

We're glad you loved the place so much, thanks for the great review. We try to think of everything we can, and our volunteers work so hard to make sure everything runs well and people have fun, so it's always nice to hear! We loved having you stay with us. All the best, and safe travels!!

Great hostel and staff. Atmosphere was awesome!

Glad you guys enjoyed your stay so much, it was a pleasure to meet you! The staff certainly work hard to create an atmosphere where everyone can have fun. Hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your trip! Cheers, Steve

This was my first experience with a hostel in the US and it was great!!! The staff was very nice and it felt like home away from home. Thanks guys!!!

• 10th Jul 2014

We're glad you enjoyed your first hostel experience in the USA so much! Hopefully you can come visit us again sometime soon and rejoin the family. All the best!

The ITH is a hostel with an awesome vibe, They run daily and nightly activities, so if you're travelling by yourself it's a great way to meet people. The staff are really friendly - see Simone and Steve for tips on sights. Thanks to Bob and the team for a great time. Breakfast and dinner are also provided for free as well.

It was great to meet you and spend some time talking! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time here and enjoyed hanging out with the staff, the free activities and food so much. All the best for your travels, and hopefully we'll see you again some time. Safe travels! Cheers, Steve

The staff was really nice and super friendly. I wish i could have stayed longer. Definitely will come back again!

• 5th Jul 2014

We're glad you found our staff so accommodating and friendly, we love having them around as well! We also wish that you could have stayed with us longer too, so we look forward to having you come back soon!!

Best hostel ever! I went there with a friend and we really enjoyed our stay. We where so sad to leave. The mood is very friendly and the staff is awesome. Thanks Piera

Thanks so much for your kind words. We certainly enjoyed having you guys stay with us as well. Thanks for contributing to the fun and being great guests! Please come see us again soon!!

Breakfast and dinner includes was amazing! Thank you so much for everything. Loved our 3 day stay :)

• 26th Jun 2014

Our staff sure do work hard to make sure that breakfast and dinner and tasty and a great way to start and end the day, so they always appreciate the kind words - thanks! Glad you loved the stay, hopefully we'll see you again soon!! Safe travels.

Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone travelling through San Diego. Such a great vibe! Really lovely staff too who go above and beyond to make sure you have an awesome time :) 10/10 for sure!

• 18th Jun 2014

It was such a pleasure to meet you, and thanks for your awesome review. Hope you're enjoying your travels and that we'll get to see you again soon to show you some more of San Diego!!