Irsia Bed and Breakfast Reviews

34 lorong 1/77a jalan changkat thambi dollah, off jalan pudu ( behind berjaya times square), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Very bad smelling in the room. water leaking in the room, kitchen is unhygienic

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Nepal

We paid extra for an air con room but the air con didn't work properly. It was leaking and it was uncomfortably hot and stuffy in the room so we couldn't sleep. We complained and were given a fan which wasn't much better. The manager knocked on our room at 11.30pm requesting payment. We told him we were only prepared to pay the rate for a fan room. He got angry and demanded full payment or else we would be kicked out. He was rude and unreasonable and said he didn't care if he got bad reviews

I stayed at the place for several nights in a single room. Very sml basic room with a low bed. Small shelving. Room 7 has no clothes hangar. Fan to keep cool night/day. Toiket/bathroom is clean. First bathroom upstair the flushing bowl not flushing properly. The lever i need to be fixed so it can flush the toilet. Some smell come out the opposite shower cubicle. It need to be cleaned /sterilised. The place is near the IMBI monorail so very convenient . Eating place nearby. Good lah!

Irsia Bed and Breakfast is a great hostel and really makes you feel at home. There is a nice living room, a good breakfast and the is very friendly. The hostel isn't really located nearby the centre but a monorail station is around the corner. The are very small and most of them don't have any natural daylight and are mostly very hot.

Stayed here for one night before a flight out of KL. Not super social but a few people to talk to including the owners who are lovely. Dorm beds are squeaky but the room is cool and quiet otherwise. Not near the backpackers area (in my opinion, Chinatown would be more of a backpacker atmosphere) but good location near the monorail for everything else. I would stay here again for a stop over in KL.

I was told he could not find my reso (though I gave my ref. #) and would have to pay full price without my deposit counting. I said no way since I'd never get my money back. I looked through his emails, hidden in thread was my reso. Fine. Then before going to Taman Negara he told me I should book through him for 370rm$ pp because you couldn't do anything in TN without guides- LIE! We spent 400rm$ total (transport too) and did plenty alone in TN. Ok aside from him. Went elsewhere next night.

Irsia B&B was very well located in CBD and close to public transport to other places in KL which was great. The hostel had a good atmosphere with friendly staff. Facilities were nice and clean, and hostel had a good homey feel to it. I could've stayed longer if I'd had the time, and I will definitely be recommending hostel to friends.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Cheap and friendly place.

Enjoyed our stay here. Staff gave us recommendations for what to do in city. It's quite a hard city to navigate so would recommend doing some sort of tour as we were walking round for a long time! The mall across the street is amazing (12 floors) and definitely worth a visit! Only fault is hostel world said had air conditioning and our room only had a fan! Room was extremely hot!

I stayed here for two days. The place is very neat and clean. Friendly staffs. No negative points except for the dorm room smelled little funny. It would be great if that can removed.

Overall, a decent hostel that's clean with all the necessary amenities. The rooms are small and mine had no A/C with a fan. Also, no lockers for your belongings. This didn't bother me since I had a private room at a good price. There's a nice common area where you can talk with people. The location is good, right behind a large mall and a bunch of restaurants nearby. My only problem with Irsia was that most of the staff were not welcoming or friendly, which put a damper on my stay.

Lovely place! Everybody was friendly, I really enjoyed it!!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels