Irsia Bed and Breakfast Reviews

34 lorong 1/77a jalan changkat thambi dollah, off jalan pudu ( behind berjaya times square), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The women working here were all wonderful, kind and happy to help. The owner however is a lot harder to get to know. Though he warmed to us in the end, whilst I was ill and on my way to hospital he was just shouting and shouting, and after that he was pretty rude to me until I finally had my fever confirmed as Dengue. I think before that he assumed I was lying, and just had no respect for his guests. Other than this the hostel was fine, the air con leaked but otherwise good

Very bad smelling in the room. water leaking in the room, kitchen is unhygienic

We paid extra for an air con room but the air con didn't work properly. It was leaking and it was uncomfortably hot and stuffy in the room so we couldn't sleep. We complained and were given a fan which wasn't much better. The manager knocked on our room at 11.30pm requesting payment. We told him we were only prepared to pay the rate for a fan room. He got angry and demanded full payment or else we would be kicked out. He was rude and unreasonable and said he didn't care if he got bad reviews

I stayed at the place for several nights in a single room. Very sml basic room with a low bed. Small shelving. Room 7 has no clothes hangar. Fan to keep cool night/day. Toiket/bathroom is clean. First bathroom upstair the flushing bowl not flushing properly. The lever i need to be fixed so it can flush the toilet. Some smell come out the opposite shower cubicle. It need to be cleaned /sterilised. The place is near the IMBI monorail so very convenient . Eating place nearby. Good lah!

Irsia Bed and Breakfast is a great hostel and really makes you feel at home. There is a nice living room, a good breakfast and the is very friendly. The hostel isn't really located nearby the centre but a monorail station is around the corner. The are very small and most of them don't have any natural daylight and are mostly very hot.

Stayed here for one night before a flight out of KL. Not super social but a few people to talk to including the owners who are lovely. Dorm beds are squeaky but the room is cool and quiet otherwise. Not near the backpackers area (in my opinion, Chinatown would be more of a backpacker atmosphere) but good location near the monorail for everything else. I would stay here again for a stop over in KL.

Great location, the rooms are basic, but the hostel is very clean, and the valued is good considering the neighborhood. The breakfast is normal, and they have good areas to meet people and a small kitchen well equipped. However the staff was very pushy at the moment of give travel advice, as they sell packages for some of the destinations.

I was told he could not find my reso (though I gave my ref. #) and would have to pay full price without my deposit counting. I said no way since I'd never get my money back. I looked through his emails, hidden in thread was my reso. Fine. Then before going to Taman Negara he told me I should book through him for 370rm$ pp because you couldn't do anything in TN without guides- LIE! We spent 400rm$ total (transport too) and did plenty alone in TN. Ok aside from him. Went elsewhere next night.

Irsia B&B was very well located in CBD and close to public transport to other places in KL which was great. The hostel had a good atmosphere with friendly staff. Facilities were nice and clean, and hostel had a good homey feel to it. I could've stayed longer if I'd had the time, and I will definitely be recommending hostel to friends.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Cheap and friendly place.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels