Island Guesthouse Reviews

1612-4 Boseong-ri ,Daejeong-eup, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do, Jeju Island, South Korea

I enjoyed my stay there a lot. The owner is incrdeible friendly and helpful. She knows the needs of travellers as she als is one.

I have a great time in island guesthouse. Owner Ai Ling not around but her friend Yeongho also done a good job. He is helpful and concern every guest when we back to guesthouse. Overall are good, clean and I like handmade bread for breakfast. I will be stay here again. Thanks Yeongho

While farther away from most things on Jeju, this hostel is rather impressive. The owner was willing to help you get directions to anywhere and gives you time tables for all the buses, and prices for how much things should cost you. There is a bus stop about a 2-5 minute walk from the hostel that leads to most locations. The owner provides home made bread that you can use for your breakfast as well! It was a great treat.

Excellent host. Great information sharing.

This was a really nice place, but only having one bathroom was a bit tough. The house is really clean, but I can't believe how badly the cupboards smelled. I didn't want to make dinner after I pulled a pot from there! I'm sure it's not the manager's fault, she tries to keep everything really clean, but that was definitely a problem for me. The beds were nice and everything quieted down by midnight. It's a bit hard to find and rather a hike from the main attractions. Okay if you have a car.

Jeju Island is extremely humid during summer, especially during rainy season. We use to dehumidify kitchen every night and wipe the pot keeping place, but sometime it just get humid after a day. We will try to put more dehumidify pack to keep it dry.

The hostel was clean and comfortable and the atmosphere is very welcoming. The owner is friendly and super helpful and she has an awesome dog! It is easy to get to beautiful beaches and waterfalls from the hostel. It was also easy to get there from the airport.

The woman who runs this guesthouse is incredible -- very well traveled, bakes bread everyday, and goes out of her way to help every guest. This guesthouse is not centrally located, but she helped me every night to sort out buses to all the places I was interested in. It was a wonderful stay!

• 6th Aug 2014

The boss is a lady,who can speak English ,Chinese ,Korean and etc.The bread is perfect made by herself. She is very patient for helping guest to get trip information.

Ailing was awesome. She helped me plan my days and told me exactly where and when to go.

• 4th Aug 2014

My stay at Island Guesthouse was amazing, thanks to the wonderful owner! She is so helpful and spent hours every night chatting with each guest and making sure they knew where to go and how to get there. The bus access was very convenient, and I never had trouble finding public transportation. The house is kept very clean. I felt very comfortable and welcome. I would definitely stay again, and would recommend Island Guesthouse to anyone looking for a good, clean place to stay in Jeju!

• 30th Jul 2014

The place is out in the countryside, so guests should know that going in. It's a 20 min bus ride to the closest sights on Jeju's south coast. That said, the lady who runs the place does a wonderful job. She is kind, very helpful, and keeps the place spotless. She goes out of her way to help you plan your trip and catch the right busses to anywhere you want. This is a place for people who want to hike the Olle trail or Hallasan or lay out on Jongmun beach, not really for party people.

My wife and I recently went to Jeju for part of our honeymoon and stayed at Island Guesthouse. We are a younger couple on a budget, but it did not feel that way at The Island Guesthouse. First, Eileen was an excellent hostess. She will help you plan your trip there and give excellent suggestions for food and attractions. She is also very pleasant and puts her guest's needs before her own. The guesthouse was also very clean and well maintained. It was very hard to leave at the end of our stay!

• 28th Jul 2014

Absolutely nothing to fault. In fact, I'm staying another 5 days because it's so lovely. The owner speaks great English and is so friendly and helpful and helps plan your day, gives you bus numbers and times, maps, writes out place names in Korean to help with buses, etc. 8 minute walk from the bus stop. There's a bus directly from the airport. In a small village so nice and peaceful. Wifi in the rooms. Lockers in the room, good shower, homemade bread and cereal for breakfast. Perfect!!!

I really liked this place. The owner is extremely friendly and very helpful. She checked in each day to see how she could help. The location is a little inconvenient since it is in a small country town but that just makes the atmosphere more interesting and a more unique experience. Also, the owner is really helpful with the bus schedule. If I ever return back to Jeju I would stay here again.

Island Guesthouse really is more like home than a guesthouse. The owner bakes her own homemade bread everyday to share, and checks up on all her guest's schedules and plans to make sure they have the best possible stay. The atmosphere is cozy and very relaxed! The location is a bit far from some of the attractions, but as long as you don't stay out too late (after 9 I think?) there'll be buses you can catch. Otherwise renting a car or catching a cab is also an option.

Felt more like a home than a hostel