Islas 8817 Guesthouse Reviews

8817 San Juan Street San Antonio Valley 2, Paranaque City, Manila, Philippines

a little run down but overall a decent place that is cheap and connected to the airport via jeepney.

Be ready to be flexible and understanding kind of person! dont have too much expectations (come on its the most cheap hostel you can find probably) and enjoy this real side of Manila and his nice people! the place is managed by a couple of Japanese, dont be to harsh with them as they are old! internet works from the room, be careful that to enter or exit you also need to ask the owners to open the gates, be respectful and you gonna be fine!

My stay at Islas 8817 Guesthouse in Manila was very good. Jovita was very helpful and I found what I was looking for: a nice and cheap place close to the airport. Thank you!

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Owner is miserable, probably because he has to get up to unlock the gate to let you in

Her check in time is 12 o'clock, however she comes down here here 6 o'clock. Still dark. I ask her to early check in half of the fee. She refuse to it. She better mind her business.

I'm so sad to stay here you know the owner scold me in the morning I met someone he smoke before to go to his dorm that it's in above .and we talked together the owner said we made noise he can't sleep. At night He service his visitor all night. I like to travel this is my first time to meet the owner like him Japan Korea China I go around. Everywhere that I go they please excellent. He chased me too. He said didn't sit on his cradle. It's true story. I'm displease here.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Thailand

This is without any doubt the cheapest place you can find in Manila . It is a little bit far from the main sights but public transport is excellent and it is very close to the airport. Also, you can easily walk to a big mall ; there are dozens of cheap places to eat. The couple who owns the place is very helpful and in addition to English speak Japanese. I strongly recommend it specially for people who stay for some time. In fact , I am so happy here that I am going to stay another month.