J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse Reviews

5-52, Nada-machi, Hida Takayama, Japan

I love the puffiness of bed and blanket. Staffs are very friendly and informative. Its location is awesome. Just 5 minutes walk from train station and town area.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Good hostel - huge dorm rooms with big beds and loads of room for luggage etc. Showers all on the ground floor and not as much room as some places I've stayed. Overall the placelooks like it needs a bit of a makeover but is clean, roomy and quiet.

The kitchen and the living room are too small. The rest is ok

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

In general the staff was nice except for one strange guy .... Felt sometimes uncomfortable since he never greeted or talked and was more busy with checking if the lights are off.. Doors are closed...or if you have the "right" slippers on..rather than being concerned that everything is OK.

We stayed in a private room, and if was absolutely perfect! Could not ask for anything more, highly recommend!

Staff were wonderful! Convenient location. Had a really nice time!

The receptionist was excellent: very friendly, hospitable, and cheerful.

• 28th Mar 2015

Another great place with the J-Hoppers label. Very close the train station, well-equipped kitchen, every sort of rental gear imaginable (they lend you snow boots for free!), friendly staff. The hostel atmosphere is cozy but never disturbing. Japanese-style family room was by far the best accomodation we had in our twenty days in Japan. Look no further.

Great location with added value tour to Shirakawa-go. Perhaps it's time to change the mattress as it's not that comfortable to sleep on. Kind of thinning.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

No complaints about this one. Spacious, cozy dorms, good kitchen, heating, close to the train and bus station. For cheaper food, walk away from the tourist zone (south, or west of the tracks).

Great atmosphere! I particularly enjoyed the scheduled events and downstairs lounge! I went on the Thursday tour with Mr. Yato and it was an excellent time with good company. I also enjoyed the international party on Friday! This was one of the best hostels I stayed at to meet other travelers in Japan.

• 14th Mar 2015

The bedroom was way too cold to me, and the heater was not working. A blanket solved the problem, of course, but this is the only comment I have about this hostel. A very friendly staff, good galley, comfortable bedrooms. Good location, close to some restaurants. You have to walk a bit for the hiking trail there is in the city, but nothing that can break your motivation. I totally recommend it.

I like the hospitality of the staffs. They are very nice, the location is fine and not far from the train and bus station. Lots of local restaurant around the hostel. I will reccommending this hostel for anyone who wants to visit Takayama 😉

5 star for Facility.. 5 star for Price.. Excelent..!

The staff are very kind and the private room is vary good location.

It was easy to find, quite clean as guests have to take their shoes off before entering the premises, and definitely value for money. The people that work there are helpful and can speak English. This is the first time I've stayed in a hostel and not having my own bathroom was weird but got used to it. The public toilets and bathroom were clean so I was happy enough. Would recommend this place.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

the hostel management is very good, they got all of necessary including body soap, shampoo, hair dryer, socket and light beside the bed. One more thing, there are two HongKonger working in there and they are make me so warm. Of course the staff are very kind.

Good hostel. Friendly staff, decent kitchen, and spacious private room in a good location.

Very closed to MRT station, nice staff private room for two so convenient cuz it's so big and clean, I think it enough for three people to stay. nice place to walking around takayama town Bathroom quite clean. Anyway ,We missed to take J hooper Bus to Shirakawago cause it not avaliable for us. Recomend to improve to have enough Bus !!

Thank you for your stay and comment. I am sorry that you could not join the half day shirakawago tour due to full occupancy. The tour sometimes gets full so next time you come ,please book in an advance. Hope you come again .Arigato gozaimasu.

The staff is very nice and helpful, i also booked a tour to Shirakawa Go from them without any hassle, All maps are well provided.=)

Dear mery widjaja, Thank you for your stay and comment. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hope you come to visit again in near future!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3