J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse Reviews

5-52, Nada-machi, Hida Takayama, Japan

Very well located hostel with very helpful staff that organizes a variety of interesting activities and can help you organize your stay in Takayama.

A good place to stay again

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

A room is a bit smelly

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

This place was pretty much the highlight of my trip. I cant exaggerate how great the reception staff is, we had alot of enquiries and needs like GPS probs, adapters, where to go, where to eat and mika i think that was her name she was great gave us good places to go like a fabulous hot spring on top of a hotel with mountain views. THE BEST. my mates werent too happy to go at first but we eventually went. Definitely take the Shirakawa-Go bus tour its in english and well worth your money.

deliver on every promise and more! give you good tips for eating/sightseeing and stuff definitely book this hostel if you have to choose!

Thank you for your nice comments! Please recommend our hostel to your friends if you have a chance!

The dorm room was spacious. Facilities are complete (especially number of rest rooms in every floor). And staffs were very helpful. But lockers are outside the room and limited common area (such as kitchen and living room).

Good hostel !!!!

The staff at reception "bends over backwards" to help the backpackers. Love the novelty of sleeping in the Japanese styled room, with tetami floor and paper covered windows.

Thank you for your nice comments! And we are glad you find our Japanese styled room comfortable. Please come back to stay again if you have a chance!

Nice and well located hostel. I got nothing really to complain the city itself is really nice to have a walk around. Yet best is to rent a bike and have look. Takayama and this hostel was my best stay so far in Japan.

This must be the best hostel in Takayama! Location is just great, literally 5 mins from the old town and station. Tatami style room is lovely, clean and quiet. Common areas are very clean as well and you meet lots of nice people there! Staff is nice and very available to give you any information needed! Highly recommended for your stay in Takayama!

Thank you for rating us the best hostel in Takayama! We are honored. And we are glad you enjoyed your stay! Please recommend it to your friends if you have a chance! Arigatou!

Some Shower room bad smell

The staff were friendly and very helpful with any questions we had. The room was clean and a good size and the kitchen was well equipped.

• 28th Sep 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments. It was our pleasure to be able to answer your questions!

really nice place, very nice stuff, recommendable!

• 20th Sep 2014

Thank you very much for your nice comments! If you have a chance, please come back to stay again!

The staff there from Hong Kong are very alert and spoke Cantonese with me knowing that I am a Malaysian! They also try to make the guests connect to each other by organizing a get together dinner session! Also like the futon beds! Overall a very good stay! Thumbs up!

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. And we are happy to be able to speak our mother tongue as well!! Please come back again!

It was a decent hostel. Location wise it is useful being close to the station and also a convenient walk around town. Our private room was nice and clean. But the kitchen was in a pretty dire need of a clean. And late at night there were screaming and loud noises from the yard making it hard to sleep. No lockers for your personal big bags. Just small ones not in your room but out in the main hall area.

Thank you for your email and your useful comments. Sorry for the rather undesirable conditions in our kitchen, in part because of the ongoing party on that day. We will definitely take care from now on to devote extra resources to maintaining a high level of hygiene inside our kitchen during special occasions. As for the noises, we will make sure to maintain a silent environment late in the night from now on. Sorry for the disturbances. Also well noted about the locker suggestion. Thanks!

The location was close the the station and the staff was very nice and helpfull. Liked the discounted half day trip to Shirakawa-go. Missed that the hostel did not provided any activities.

Thank you for your nice comments. It is a pity that there were no parties during your stay. We organize parties from time to time, and hope you enjoy our party if you have chance to stay at our hostel again!

Very enjoyable stay in the hostel. The staffs were very helpful. Arrived with my ankle injury while journeying to takayama, the staff offer ice cubes for my injury treatment. She even lent me walking stick. The staffs were helpful also in directing where to go for meal and sight seeing. Well, Japanese are very friendly!!! They are awesome! Hahaha they made my travel very memorable. See you again in next trip! :)

Thank you for your kind comments. Hope you have already fully recovered from your injury. And we are glad you find your stay desirable. Hope to see you again in your next trip too! Do come back!

Highly recommended the half day tour to Shirakawa-go!! Perfect stay, great location, near the morning market and just get a morning walk all around the old houses area. Very friendly staffs and i already recommended this hostel in my blog and my traveler group in Malaysia!. :) Thank you very much for such as great experience.

Thank you for your encouraging comments and for spreading the word for us. Much appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope you will have chance to come and stay with us again! ThankS!

Can't say anything bad about this hostel. Big dorm room with curtains for privacy, comfy beds with actual duvets,.. :)Internet worked, laundry facilities available for cheap...I highly recommend & would stay again, I'd move in immediately :P

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. We are very glad to know you had a very good time at our hostel! You'd be welcomed to come back here anytime! Hope to see you again sometime in future. Arigatou!!

Great little place. Location was awesome, just a 5min walk from the trainstation and also a 5min walk to the old town of Takayama. Post office right across the road. Staff was extremely helpful and was always around to answer questions. I really liked how the beds all had enough space to store all the luggage and the little curtains that gave you a little privacy. 2 thumbs up from me!

Thank you very much for your nice comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at our hostel. We hope you will have a chance to stay here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4