J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse Reviews

5-52, Nada-machi, Hida Takayama, Japan

Friendly and helpful staff

Good Location,staffs are very helpful and English speaking.I recommend to all my friends.

Very love this hostel Excellent!!

This was such a great hostel in an awesome location - close to the train station and a lot of attractions near by. The staff were all lovely and very helpful, giving us advice about what to do, how we could get there and how we could fit everything we wanted to do in the time we had. The hostel was clean and facilities were great. Thankyou for a wonderful stay, I loved Takayama!

Thank you very much for your very nice comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here! Do come back to visit again!

Staffs are very nice and helpful. Location is good. It's just around 7-minute walk from Takayama station.

Thank you very much for your nice comments. We are always striving to make your guests' stay here a comfortable and enjoyable one.

A fun place, clean and efficient for the town and for day trips, easy to use kitchen, wonderful staff (Misa is a sweetheart so smart, fun and knowledgeable).

I will definitely come again

This hostel had really friendly and helpful staff and is well located. I stayed in both private and dorm rooms and was really happy with both. For 3,000 yen pp, the private tatami room was real value for money.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here, and thanks for your nice comments about us. Please come back to stay again if you have another chance!

Great 1 night stay for a trip to shirakawago. Clean and great facilities.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you for your nice comments, and for joining our tour to Shirakawa-go! Please visit us again if you have a chance!

J. Hoppers Takayama had everything I look for in a hostel. Great location, very clean, profesional staff. It is great to explore Takayama. Security is reasonable but Lockers are located out in hallway. I was given a huge single room which was nice but It was empty and felt cold. The atmosphere were very dead. Could have been the guest but the staff didn't interact or make you feel welcome. Overall it's a good place to stay if you're with friends.

Thank you for your candid comments, which will prove very valuable for us as we look to make improvements to our hostel. We are sorry to come across as cold, but in general, we do interact with our guests very often, and we even organize parties from time to time so that everyone can have fun and interact together. It may sometimes be difficult to keep the spirits up all the time, depending on our energy level and also whether we are busy that day. But we will try our best!

Conveniently located, meets the needs of backpackers. Staying here is convenient to explore all attractions in Takayama. Expect no major surprise or shock, just right for Takayama.

Thank you very much for your nice comments. Hope you will have chance to stay at our hostel again!

Really convenient place to discover Takayama, as pretty much everything is by foot distance! For the room, it was really comfy, clean and warm. It was also easy and convenient to use the kitchen and it was a nice was to meet new people there.

I am glad you like your room, and most of all, Takayama city. It is also great to hear you have met some new friends here. Do come and stay again if you have another chance, maybe in another season!

Very friendly, clean and conveniently situated hostel with very helpful staff.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for your very nice comments. We are glad that you are happy with our service! We will strive to do even better from now on!

There was an unfortunate incident with a guy being sick in our room which was pretty horrific - it would have been really good if the member of staff on duty had been able to really take control of the situation, get him out of the room or something - but we all pulled together in equal part so i guess it was ok...although sleeping in that room was pretty gross!

• 25th Oct 2014

We are terribly sorry to have put you through such unpleasant experience. We will definitely reflect on this and make sure we are ready to deal with such situations in a more prompt and professional manner if it arises next time. And thank you for helping to pull everything together with other guests in the wee hours. I do hope this experience has not tainted your experience here too much, and that your stay can be counted as a favorable one overall. Thank you for your candid comments.

Good location with decent price. Staffs were very friendly (Misa and a HK staff), although there was one female staff with a cold attitude when I tried to ask her about check-in time when I got there too early in the morning (Oct 21), and she kept on chatting with this Caucasian girl and left me standing at the the counter. Stayed at the Single Room with basic facility. What really makes this place wonderful is definitely the helpful and cheerful staffs who made my trip a lot more enjoyable.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Amazing location! Walking distance to train station and 5 min walk from downtown Takayama! Clean, safe, and friendly hostel! Would stay here again!

Very well located hostel with very helpful staff that organizes a variety of interesting activities and can help you organize your stay in Takayama.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay here. Hope you will have chance to stay here again!

A good place to stay again

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Thank you! Please do come back to visit at another time! We look forward to seeing you again some time in the future.

A room is a bit smelly

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

Sorry about the smell. It is sometimes difficult to control for us as there are guests coming in and out, but we will try our best to keep our rooms clean and free of bad smell.

This place was pretty much the highlight of my trip. I cant exaggerate how great the reception staff is, we had alot of enquiries and needs like GPS probs, adapters, where to go, where to eat and mika i think that was her name she was great gave us good places to go like a fabulous hot spring on top of a hotel with mountain views. THE BEST. my mates werent too happy to go at first but we eventually went. Definitely take the Shirakawa-Go bus tour its in english and well worth your money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4