J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse Reviews

5-52, Nada-machi, Hida Takayama, Japan

the hostel management is very good, they got all of necessary including body soap, shampoo, hair dryer, socket and light beside the bed. One more thing, there are two HongKonger working in there and they are make me so warm. Of course the staff are very kind.

Very closed to MRT station, nice staff private room for two so convenient cuz it's so big and clean, I think it enough for three people to stay. nice place to walking around takayama town Bathroom quite clean. Anyway ,We missed to take J hooper Bus to Shirakawago cause it not avaliable for us. Recomend to improve to have enough Bus !!

The staff is very nice and helpful, i also booked a tour to Shirakawa Go from them without any hassle, All maps are well provided.=)

A great place to stay that is conveniently located and won't burst the budget. Staff are helpful and speak good English, great help in arranging many local tours. Highly recommended.

Staff made the stay delightful and the features were cool, would definitely come back and recommend to a friend. Showers could be improved and heating more efficient but otherwise this was much better than expected.

Really nice hostel with a super staff team and good atmosphere, they are friendly and ready to help you when you need. I definitively recommende this hostel. The rooms are clean and daily cleaned. So there is no bad remarks for this hostel. Thank you very much for these five nice days with you.

Worth staying here for trip to Shirakawago.

Takayama is very small so really most of the hostels were in good walking distance to the old streets and river. The beds were very large so I could actually put my suitcase on the top bunk. THe curtains were great for privacy. the staff were very helpful and friendly.

The hostel is clean and the staff is friendly. I stayed over there 1 night and it is very comfortable in their dormitory. The hostel even provides us boot to wear out. fyi, during that time was snowing and outside was very slippery.

We lived in a 8 mixed dorm and we felt very warm with the big bed and own light. Also, the location is easy to find and we found out that there are staff from Hong Kong that we can talk to and all staff are very helpful and their English is great. Thank you very much!!

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

overall is good and value for money...

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The beds are not that comfortable, the mattress is just to thin, and you can feel your bones in the wood just above the mattress. But it is very clean, you can feel the slight smell of cleaning products through all the propriety. The air conditioning functions very well, and the staff is kind and have a very good english. There are many more facilities than I have expected, and they are well informed about the activities in the town.

• 23rd Dec 2014

i like J-Hoppers very much. thank you!!!:P will stay at j-hoppers again if i travel to takayama, osaka, etc. Wish J-Hoppers have a blessing New Year.

I like this place, the staffs are very nice and helpful. I stay with my parents, they like this place also. If I have any chance to go back to Takayama, I will not hesitate to stay here again.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

We stayed at the hostel for 3 nights in mid December. The hostel staff helped me to book morning ski lesson at Honoki Daira for my family. We needed it as we have never skiied before. On the day we were supposed to leave the hostel and head to Matsumoto, all buses and trains were cancelled because of heavy snowfall. The hostel helped me book a jumbo taxi (mini van that can seat 9 passengers). This hostel has very helpful staff!

The hostel is well organized. They provide many useful travel information around Takayama. It's nice they provide snow boots rental for free!

Tomoko was very very extra helpful and informative...

Nice one, helpful and friendly staff. Elevator make more comfortable for person who have big luggages.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

This is a very nice hostel which is close to JR station. Staff are friendly and helpful. I will consider to visit this hostel if I go to Takayama again.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thank you very much for your nice comments. Please do come and stay again when you visit Takayama again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3