J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse Reviews

5-52, Nada-machi, Hida Takayama, Japan

Relatively good hostel. Easy to make friends with your roommates. There are plenty of facilities and even an elevator (there are 4 floors. The showers are only on the first floor which is pretty inconvenient. I didn't get to interact much with the staff but they seemed helpful enough~ good English as well. Had a fun time with the people I met here.

i thought this was a good place to stay i met lots of cool people to talk with and the staff was helpful

• 21st Aug 2015

very good location and very clean... good experience

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Spacious and clean, well equipped kitchen, comfy beds, very very friendly staff, 3 min from the station! The hostel offers so much information about different day trips and special bus passes and much more. Very nice and welcoming atmosphere, I extended my stay twice because I just didn't want to leave this awesome place! :)

Very good place and staff! Recommended!

good location near the station and the old town.

Simply perfect!

A pretty big hostel that is very functional but kind of bare bones. Clean and has everything you want-- plenty of showers, A/C, lockable cubbies for valuables, but it doesn't have the welcoming and interesting atmosphere of a smaller hostel. A decent place to stay but not a memorable experience.

Hostel was pretty average but the room we stayed in was located between three toilets.

• 3rd Aug 2015

it's the second time I stay there and the experience was always great. It's cheap, we'll located, clean, and the beds are unusually wide. Also all the beds are isolated by curtains, that also help with the early morning sun.

• 1st Aug 2015

Great location, close to train station and everything else as takayama is small! Staff fave amazing local food recc9mendations...We were only foreigners dining ! Shower rooms always clean and powerful shower, bed super comfy no need for aircoach thou it was in room, kitchen facility great and open 24hrs, would definitely stay there again

Thanks for your very nice comments. We all like eating out, trying out different restaurants, and we are glad you like our recommendations! We hope to see you again in the future!

Lovely hostel, staff are great and very central to both station and city centre. Help with organising day trips out of the city and Ian from reception even came out with us one night to the bar.

Thank you letting me join your fun night out! Hope to see you again in the future, and thanks for the very nice comments!

J-Hoppers is a very decent and comfortable hostel - has good amenities (laundry/ wifi/ bicycles/ kitchen). We enjoyed our stay at J-Hoppers and must say the staffs there are friendly and converses well in English - which is a plus point when in Japan!

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

Nice and friendly staff, very good hostel in an excellent position. We had a japanese-style bedroom: clean, spacious and comfortable. The common spaces are very large (kitchen, sitting room) with everything you need. Totally recommended

• 19th Jul 2015

Awesome hostel with a great location. Very affordable bike rentals. The front desk guy was very nice, gave great suggestions and was very helpful. Glad we made a trip to Takayama, awesome city.

Thank you very much for your very nice comments. We are glad you find our suggestions helpful. And we hope to see you again in the future in Takayama. It is a nice city to visit in other seasons as well!

We only stayed one night. Helpfull staff, nice play, really close to the train.

Hope you can stay longer next time if you have a chance to come again! Thank you for your nice comments!

Twin room was fantastic value

We are glad you like our twin room. Hope to see you again in the future!

A big thank to all the staffs there, especially Tomoko-san. Even though I only stayed one night in Takayama, I had a lovely time there. I'll definitely be back there sometime during winter and hopefully I'll get to meet Tomoko-san and everyone again!

• 16th Jul 2015
  • laikejing7
  • Singapore

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. Takayama's winter is also very beautiful, with every thing painted in white. Please do come and stay again, and I am sure you will like it!

Had an absolutely pleasant and lovely stay. Staff spoke very good English and were so much kind to us, willing to help and give us full info on every single question that we made. They also threw a seafood BBQ party and went out of their way to cater to my dietary restriction (am a vegetarian). Special thanks to Kenji for granting us with the most skilled guitar playing I have ever seen. It was memorable and we are 100% satisfied with our staying there. Undoubtedly recommended!

• 13th Jul 2015
  • rodriog

Thank you very much for your very nice comments, and for joining our BBQ party. We are glad to have you with us, and we are pleased you enjoyed the guitar playing by Kenji. We hope to see you again in the future!

The staff is absolutely AMAZING !!!

Thank you very much for your very nice comments. We hope to see you again in the future!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4