J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse Reviews

5-52, Nada-machi, Hida Takayama, Japan

The receptionist was excellent: very friendly, hospitable, and cheerful.

• 28th Mar 2015

Another great place with the J-Hoppers label. Very close the train station, well-equipped kitchen, every sort of rental gear imaginable (they lend you snow boots for free!), friendly staff. The hostel atmosphere is cozy but never disturbing. Japanese-style family room was by far the best accomodation we had in our twenty days in Japan. Look no further.

Great location with added value tour to Shirakawa-go. Perhaps it's time to change the mattress as it's not that comfortable to sleep on. Kind of thinning.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

No complaints about this one. Spacious, cozy dorms, good kitchen, heating, close to the train and bus station. For cheaper food, walk away from the tourist zone (south, or west of the tracks).

Great atmosphere! I particularly enjoyed the scheduled events and downstairs lounge! I went on the Thursday tour with Mr. Yato and it was an excellent time with good company. I also enjoyed the international party on Friday! This was one of the best hostels I stayed at to meet other travelers in Japan.

• 14th Mar 2015

The bedroom was way too cold to me, and the heater was not working. A blanket solved the problem, of course, but this is the only comment I have about this hostel. A very friendly staff, good galley, comfortable bedrooms. Good location, close to some restaurants. You have to walk a bit for the hiking trail there is in the city, but nothing that can break your motivation. I totally recommend it.

I like the hospitality of the staffs. They are very nice, the location is fine and not far from the train and bus station. Lots of local restaurant around the hostel. I will reccommending this hostel for anyone who wants to visit Takayama 😉

5 star for Facility.. 5 star for Price.. Excelent..!

The staff are very kind and the private room is vary good location.

It was easy to find, quite clean as guests have to take their shoes off before entering the premises, and definitely value for money. The people that work there are helpful and can speak English. This is the first time I've stayed in a hostel and not having my own bathroom was weird but got used to it. The public toilets and bathroom were clean so I was happy enough. Would recommend this place.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

the hostel management is very good, they got all of necessary including body soap, shampoo, hair dryer, socket and light beside the bed. One more thing, there are two HongKonger working in there and they are make me so warm. Of course the staff are very kind.

Good hostel. Friendly staff, decent kitchen, and spacious private room in a good location.

Very closed to MRT station, nice staff private room for two so convenient cuz it's so big and clean, I think it enough for three people to stay. nice place to walking around takayama town Bathroom quite clean. Anyway ,We missed to take J hooper Bus to Shirakawago cause it not avaliable for us. Recomend to improve to have enough Bus !!

Thank you for your stay and comment. I am sorry that you could not join the half day shirakawago tour due to full occupancy. The tour sometimes gets full so next time you come ,please book in an advance. Hope you come again .Arigato gozaimasu.

The staff is very nice and helpful, i also booked a tour to Shirakawa Go from them without any hassle, All maps are well provided.=)

Dear mery widjaja, Thank you for your stay and comment. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hope you come to visit again in near future!!

A great place to stay that is conveniently located and won't burst the budget. Staff are helpful and speak good English, great help in arranging many local tours. Highly recommended.

Dear Choy Tze Lee, Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here. If you come different season ,you can see more different things. See you again. Arigato gozaimasu.

Staff made the stay delightful and the features were cool, would definitely come back and recommend to a friend. Showers could be improved and heating more efficient but otherwise this was much better than expected.

Thank you for your stay and comment. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As you said I think we need to improve shower space. Thank you for your opinion. Arigatou gozaimasu.

Really nice hostel with a super staff team and good atmosphere, they are friendly and ready to help you when you need. I definitively recommende this hostel. The rooms are clean and daily cleaned. So there is no bad remarks for this hostel. Thank you very much for these five nice days with you.

Thank you for your lovely comment. We are pleased to hear you had great time It inspires us to keep trying harder Hope you visit us again!

Worth staying here for trip to Shirakawago.

Thank you for your comment. I am happy to hear you enjoyed shirakawago half day tour. Most our guests join the tour because it is cheap and fun. Arigato gozaimasita

Takayama is very small so really most of the hostels were in good walking distance to the old streets and river. The beds were very large so I could actually put my suitcase on the top bunk. THe curtains were great for privacy. the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Thank you for your comment. As you said our plus sides are to have large beds and private curtains in dorm rooms Hope to see you again

The hostel is clean and the staff is friendly. I stayed over there 1 night and it is very comfortable in their dormitory. The hostel even provides us boot to wear out. fyi, during that time was snowing and outside was very slippery.

Thank you for your comment. I am happy to hear that you liked staying here. In winter you can borrow snow boots. It gets warmer in Takayama. Hope you come visit in a different season

« first « Prev 1 2 3