J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse Reviews

5-52, Nada-machi, Hida Takayama, Japan

Great location, close to train station and everything else as takayama is small! Staff fave amazing local food recc9mendations...We were only foreigners dining ! Shower rooms always clean and powerful shower, bed super comfy no need for aircoach thou it was in room, kitchen facility great and open 24hrs, would definitely stay there again

Lovely hostel, staff are great and very central to both station and city centre. Help with organising day trips out of the city and Ian from reception even came out with us one night to the bar.

Nice and friendly staff, very good hostel in an excellent position. We had a japanese-style bedroom: clean, spacious and comfortable. The common spaces are very large (kitchen, sitting room) with everything you need. Totally recommended

• 19th Jul 2015

Awesome hostel with a great location. Very affordable bike rentals. The front desk guy was very nice, gave great suggestions and was very helpful. Glad we made a trip to Takayama, awesome city.

We only stayed one night. Helpfull staff, nice play, really close to the train.

Twin room was fantastic value

A big thank to all the staffs there, especially Tomoko-san. Even though I only stayed one night in Takayama, I had a lovely time there. I'll definitely be back there sometime during winter and hopefully I'll get to meet Tomoko-san and everyone again!

• 16th Jul 2015
  • laikejing7
  • Singapore

Had an absolutely pleasant and lovely stay. Staff spoke very good English and were so much kind to us, willing to help and give us full info on every single question that we made. They also threw a seafood BBQ party and went out of their way to cater to my dietary restriction (am a vegetarian). Special thanks to Kenji for granting us with the most skilled guitar playing I have ever seen. It was memorable and we are 100% satisfied with our staying there. Undoubtedly recommended!

• 13th Jul 2015
  • rodriog

The staff is absolutely AMAZING !!!

Nuve and helpful staff, beautiful rooms, we enjoyed our stay and continued booking at J-Hoppers!

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Great hostel. Staff and location were amazing. Short walk from the station and equally as easy to get downtown. Could ask a little more in regards to the cleanliness of the bath facilities, but overall very good.

Staff is very nice and accommodating. The beds in the dorm are very well done and have lots of place for your bags. Location is ok, close walking distance to the train station and the main sights.

Great hostel!

I loved Takayama! I was only there one night and I wish I would've stayed longer!

Staff are really helpful and super cute! :)

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Thailand

Lovely hostel!

The staff were incredibly friendly and extremelly helpful. The hostek was in a great location and very close to the station. We stayed in a lovely private room which was great value, everything was clean and there were lockers to store your precious belongings during the day.

I and my friends really recommend J-Hoppers in Takayama. The staff was really helpful. He took care our luggage sending to our another hostel in Osaka. The room was clean and quite enough for 4 persons. The tatami room remind me Nobita Room. We also can rent bicycle to go around Takayama. The location was not difficult to search. J-Hoppers also had tour to Shirakawago, it help us to go there.

Good location. Short walk from station, and short walk to town. Good atmosphere. Good facilities. Only downside was that beds were hard, and not super comfortable. Still would stay at again though.

Wonderful service from staff and great atmosphere all around. Nice to have toilets on every floor. Dorm beds were the best we have seen in over 18 months of travel in the world, a lot of thought put into them with space for luggage, individual light, locker by each bed and curtains around bunks. Additional lockers in hall if need to store valuables before or after check in. The best part though was a free Japanese meal cooked on the night we were there, it brought lots of people together

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4