Jacky's Guest House

Superb 186 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 186 Total Reviews

18th May 2017

Definitely one of the best places to see the Yuanyang Rice Terraces. You're literally right among them! Jacky was super nice and helpful. The food was some of the best I've had so far in China. Definitely a very relaxing place.

• Israel, All Male Group, 18-24
8th May 2017
6.0

No signs on how to get there, Maps.me has 2 points of Jacky's. You should not go to the "booking" one because it is not accurate. Internet sucks, food was average at best and felt over priced. It took us half an hour to find the place. Jacky was helpful on how to get to Jianshui so that was his plus to us. Great location to watch the terrace.

26th Apr 2017

Great views from this beautiful hostel, maybe even better than the actual viewing platform for sunrise. Staff are friendly and helpful and Jacky speaks great English. Meals are delicious and reasonably priced and everywhere is perfectly clean. Only complaint was shower in the dorm was never hot but in the private rooms seemed to be fine and I didn't ask if I was doing something wrong so it may have been me!

• France, Male, 41+
3rd Apr 2017

Jacky has been a fantastic host. The guesthouse is ideally located in the middle of Rice terraces. A breathtaking sight for sunrise on the terraces. Food is simple and delicious, and the atmosphere friendly. Last Jacky is also a great guide with fluent English and, being native from Duoyishu, very knowledgable on the area....he also provided us a great driver from Kunming !

7th Feb 2017

Recommend it! the location is perfect, in a small village in the middle of the rice terraces. Jacky is a great person, an excellent chef, and a awesome guide. The rooms are all new, there is western style bathroom.

6th Feb 2017

My time in Yuanyang was made so much better by staying at Jacky's. I was very tired from traveling, so I was too tired to wake up early to see the sunrise at one of National parks. Instead, I took the large, soft blanket provided in my room and watched the sunrise from Jacky's spacious balcony (the rocking chairs were a plus). The dining room has a really cool home-like vibe and their food was good. Jacky's expert advice for Yuanyang and the rest of Yunnan made my trip amazing!