Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

A really cheap hostel, which offers all the basics. The staff were really friendly and enjoyed a chat, and the location was perfect right outside of central station. However, the showers were damp and smelt like mould, the beds were incredibly.uncomfortable, the pillows were laughable, and you managed to get about an hour's uninterrupted sleep before somebody in the 40bed dorm was coming in, or getting up. Overall, I enjoyed the hostel for it's ambiance, but I hated the sleeping arrangement.

• 28th Mar 2015

Honestly it was the cleanliness that really bugged me. The bathrooms and the showers were both quite dirty. The showers had mold in them. Some of the toilets also didn't function properly.

It would be better if there's a kitchen -- at least install a microwave and a electrical kettle. We were staying at a 40-bed room--the bathroom does not provide much privacy. Besides, it was pretty noisy at night as there was constantly sounds of moving furnitures. Also, there were not enough power plugs. We were lucky that one of our beds have access to that. The most crucial thing--wifi! We could not get wifi signal in the room while it works perfectly in the common area. But overall was good.

Was perfect !

• 20th Mar 2015
  • India

Considering that they had already specified regarding 40 bed dorms it was ok. But hope they maintain some basic cleanliness. There was even no toilet paper in one of the bathrooms. Atleast such things should be taken care of if not others especially when a decent amount is being charged.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • India

I would recommend Jaeger's to travellers, but book it early so prices are low. This hostel was the most expensive hostel I've stayed in so far but not the best. They have a great atmosphere at the bar and the staff were very helpful. My only issue was there wasn't any proper separation of the showers, which is fine for some people I guess, but I was lucky enough to use them when there was no one in there. The location also was fairly good and across from the station.

Great hostel located right by the Munich Hbf train station. Great staff, rooms were clean, spacious, and had really nice lockers.

The staff was pretty friendly, including the bartender. Super nice guy that was extremely helpful. Location is excellent! The only big downside was the bathrooms and showers. We were there for 5 days and I don't think they were cleaned once. The garbage was never taken out and overall it was really gross. Another downside is that in a 40 bedroom room, there is only a handful of electrical outlets and they're very inconveniently placed.

The bed is not that comfortable because of the mattress and the wire bed board.

Although this hostel had a great location, close to the main train station and downtown, I had a few issues staying there. The beds were very uncomfortable, and the bathrooms were not cleaned regularly. The breakfast for 5 euros was very disappointing and found it easier to go to the grocery store a few blocks away.

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. Our housekeeping is in the hostel around the clock, so feel free to report if something is dirty and we will take carre immediately. We are actually very proud about our wholesome all you can eat breakfast bufett: coffee, tea, orange juice, scrambled eggs with or without bacon, cerials, müsli, saussage, cheese, bread rolls and different kind of bread, different kinds of jam, butter... :-) We wish you happy travels and all the best!

The toilet had an overflow. In a 6 bed room has a single bathroom. Six people getting up at the same time ⇒ two hours waiting. Bathroom can only be used by one person at a time. Someone showering ⇒ nobody can use the sink. The beds have under the sheet plastic. Behind the radiator was mold. In the bathroom of the dormitory was a lot of mold.

• 20th Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. Actually it is quite a good hostel standard to have one bathroom in 6- bed dorm. Of course in such a big hostel as ours it does happen that something is broken. We have janitor in the hause the whole time, only thing you need to do is report it to the reception. and don't forget: plastic is for your safety :-)

I stayed in the 40-Bed bunk which helps with the saying of you pay for what you get. The place is really crowded with people during the weekend and if you want to rest early you can't because people will interrupt your sleep in 2 in the morning or even 4 in the morning. I recommend this for people who would want to stay out late and don't mind noise from people coming back. To me this is for backpackers who wants a night in a city and move on. The place have two side A and B do take note of it.

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. Fair enough - our 40 bed dorm is made for backpackers like you :-) Happy travels!

Staff not very welcoming for earlier checking-in. We had big luggages that couldn't fit the normal lockers and it was quite a struggle to get the access to share the big lockers. Good value for the breakfast.

Hi there - thanks a lot for your Feedback! We hope you can understand that we need to clean up to 300 beds each day which can take a bit of time ;) This is why check in will not be possible before 3pm - sorry! We have free luggage storage for big suitacases as well - just ask at reception, there won't be any problem about it! Enjoy the sun!

The bathroom smelled bad.

Generally our bathrooms smell good of course - maybe somebody has had a big business there before you entered? ;)

I loved this hostel but a public water tank would be really nice. I felt bad having to ask the staff to keep refilling my water bottle all the time.

Hi there, Munich has excellent drinking water quality becaue of the big mountains and the small rivers with the little flowers :) But you still have a great idea here - I'll talk to my Boss about it - thanks!

Amazingly good value for the location. Good atmosphere, large dorm got very warm at night though.

Hey there, thanks a lot for your review - it makes us happy to make you happy. Cheers and hopefully see you soon!

Should have a kitchen and the lockers were loudly

Dear guest! Unfortunately, we are not allowed to have a kitchen due to some strange fire regulations - so sorry! If you feel that something should get fixed, please let our receptionists know - we have a janitor here all day. Happy travels!

Im really not a neat freak but this hostel was just terrible, I have never seen such a dirty backpackers. It didnt look like it does on the pictures at all

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Dear guest, thank youf your feedback. we are very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. But, if something is dirty just Report it to the reception and our housekeeping will take care of ir - they are in the hostel around the clock! Have a great day!

I heard the sound of rat in the shower room TT

Hey there, Sorry, but non of us has ever seen or heard a rat in the millions of years that we've been working here!

The washrooms were very dirty when we were there and when asked to be cleaned didn't happen.

Dear guest, Thank you for your honest Review - we are so sorry about the inconvenience you had! We will have a word or two with our housekeeping staff, things like that should never happen. We hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5