Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

I stayed in the 40-Bed bunk which helps with the saying of you pay for what you get. The place is really crowded with people during the weekend and if you want to rest early you can't because people will interrupt your sleep in 2 in the morning or even 4 in the morning. I recommend this for people who would want to stay out late and don't mind noise from people coming back. To me this is for backpackers who wants a night in a city and move on. The place have two side A and B do take note of it.

Staff not very welcoming for earlier checking-in. We had big luggages that couldn't fit the normal lockers and it was quite a struggle to get the access to share the big lockers. Good value for the breakfast.

The bathroom smelled bad.

I loved this hostel but a public water tank would be really nice. I felt bad having to ask the staff to keep refilling my water bottle all the time.

Arrived at the hostel at 8 pm (when I've been booked for 4 nights), but the staff says that I'm not until 35 yo and can't stay in the hostel. I walked 4 hours around Munchen until midnight looking for other hostel. but everywhere was full. Outside was absolutely freezing and in the end I've been sleeping at the Central railway station. I'm a traveler and just 41. It's some kind discrimination?!

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Bulgaria

Amazingly good value for the location. Good atmosphere, large dorm got very warm at night though.

Should have a kitchen and the lockers were loudly

Im really not a neat freak but this hostel was just terrible, I have never seen such a dirty backpackers. It didnt look like it does on the pictures at all

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

I heard the sound of rat in the shower room TT

The washrooms were very dirty when we were there and when asked to be cleaned didn't happen.

This hostel was like staying in a bunker. The beds are fine, although crammed together with 39 others in a crowded and hot basement you're not likely to get much sleep. Most of the lockers were broken. But the most horrific part was the bathrooms, they were unlike any others I've ever seen in a hostel. Un cleaned, smelly, musty, and the showers were not private. Theres a reason this is one of the cheapest hostels in the area, you get what you pay for.

• 30th Jan 2015

Good times, locker in the room didn't work though.

Mostly nice even not really perfect.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I had a fantastic time at Jaeger's. The location is great, right next to the central train station. Most importantly, this is the kind of place I think of when I think of hostel travelling. Sure, the beds aren't comfortable, and it doesn't feel like a hotel as some hostels do, but I was able to meet tons of international travelers in only three nights. Special shout out to Emma at the bar and Matt at late night reception, they made my stay amazing!

I was expecting more of the hostel. The bathroom inside the room was not very clean. The internet is good and the location is great. I missed more interaction between the staff and the guests and events to improve the atmosphere.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

just about the cleanliness, the bedroom was good, but the toilet wasn't. it smels a little bit bizarre.

one of the worst places I've ever been! This was two sleepness nights. Got a 10 bed-room, ensuite, and the room had a terrible smell coming from the bathroom. I doubt if it has ever been cleaned. The worst part was to have water until thr middle of the room because the drain was clogged in the shower. My bag and its contents got wet because of this "lovely" bonus of having a pool inside the room. Avoid at all cost if you can.

Bathrooms are quite dirty. Benches for clothes are sparkled with pubic hair, soap was not available all the time at the sink. In the basement's 40 Person dorm the floor was not cleaned in 3 days. You cannot sleep either because of the noise, low quality beds or the hot air of the heaters on upper level beds. Arriving only from 15:00, which is kind of complicated if you arrive in the morning. WiFi was really bad. Food was okay and staff was nice.

Few minutes walk from the Central Station. Good atmosphere, suitable for young people travel alone who wants to make friends and take part in walking tour in city center

My friend and I stayed here over our winter holiday and I would recommend it to those who don't mind community style places. We stayed in the 40 person dorm which is actually sectioned off into cubes of 10 beds so it doesn't feel quite so large; however it does get loud at night so bring ear plugs! The staff are very nice and helpful. Overall it was a good place to stay and also extremely close to the central station which is always a large plus!

• 1st Jan 2015