Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

I was expecting more of the hostel. The bathroom inside the room was not very clean. The internet is good and the location is great. I missed more interaction between the staff and the guests and events to improve the atmosphere.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

just about the cleanliness, the bedroom was good, but the toilet wasn't. it smels a little bit bizarre.

one of the worst places I've ever been! This was two sleepness nights. Got a 10 bed-room, ensuite, and the room had a terrible smell coming from the bathroom. I doubt if it has ever been cleaned. The worst part was to have water until thr middle of the room because the drain was clogged in the shower. My bag and its contents got wet because of this "lovely" bonus of having a pool inside the room. Avoid at all cost if you can.

Bathrooms are quite dirty. Benches for clothes are sparkled with pubic hair, soap was not available all the time at the sink. In the basement's 40 Person dorm the floor was not cleaned in 3 days. You cannot sleep either because of the noise, low quality beds or the hot air of the heaters on upper level beds. Arriving only from 15:00, which is kind of complicated if you arrive in the morning. WiFi was really bad. Food was okay and staff was nice.

Few minutes walk from the Central Station. Good atmosphere, suitable for young people travel alone who wants to make friends and take part in walking tour in city center

My friend and I stayed here over our winter holiday and I would recommend it to those who don't mind community style places. We stayed in the 40 person dorm which is actually sectioned off into cubes of 10 beds so it doesn't feel quite so large; however it does get loud at night so bring ear plugs! The staff are very nice and helpful. Overall it was a good place to stay and also extremely close to the central station which is always a large plus!

• 1st Jan 2015

too bad go to other hostels dirty and cold

• 31st Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Very expensive; the bathroom was no clean and didn't have toilet paper; the bedroom floor was no clean too; have no energy plug for all beds; All you need to pay, no hostel atmosphere; I didn't like my experience in this hostel, there are other better and cheaper.

• 30th Dec 2014

The room was very dirty, the lights are always on, i was there four nights, and I could hardly sleep.

I HAD A VERY GOOD TIME IN MUNICH. JAEGERS HOSTEL IS VERY GOOD :-)

average for facilities because the lift was spoiled the whole time i was there and I was up on the top floor! I wish they were faster in handling that :( Everything else was fine, a good bar for a place to hang out but there were couches and chairs available next to the reception too for those who didn't want to go to the bar. WiFi connection was available in the rooms but so-so, not very fast. Great location (instructions a little misleading, it's much closer to the Hbf), also very central

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

I booked a bed in a ensuite room but toilets and showers were in other bedroom. This is the hostel with the worst security who I have been in. Anyone can go into the hostel and into your room without the key card. Everyday people were stolen. The bedroom is totally untidy with clothes and bottles of liquor everywhere. I don't recommend this hostel, but if you are a thief or a drunk this is perfect for you.

Friendly staff, free walking tour starts from the hostel, very well located - right next to the train station and a 10-15mins walk from the bus station. Only a 5 minutes walk from Munichs main square

When we arrived they didn't have bedding for my bed and told me to sleep in a different section away from my friend, who I was traveling with. That bed ended up having been taken and when I went back they didn't even know where pillows were stored. They don't have enough facilities for two forty bed dorms and what bathrooms they do have are only cleaned once a day, which for over 40 people, isn't enough.

The bathroom was dirty. The internet did not reach the room. The location is very strategic, no more than 5 minutes walk to station, supermarkets and restaurants.

Really convenient location, close to the train station and city centre (can walk to both). Staff was helpful and the hostel has all basic facilities. We stayed in a 40-people room but it didn't feel like that because it was sectioned into groups of 10. Communal showers though, not sure about other rooms.

The good: An cheap hostel located with a good location. The bad: It's nasty and the cleanliness is very poor (especially the bathrooms). Not to mention that the beds are as thin as a couple sheets of paper! Furthermore, the Wi-fi in the rooms barely worked and random pot smokers kept showing up in our mIxed room that didn't belong. We didn't feel safe at all. Also, if you're over 35 you cannot stay here. I got asked how old I was because I looked "too old" even though I was well below 35.

I stayed in one of the big dorm rooms and it was one of the worst dorms of my 6 month trip. The smaller dorms are probably a little better, if you can avoid the 40 bed dorm you should! There was little to no security available, dorms and bathrooms are unkept and dirty, the showers are horrendous and the internet/wifi doesn't work. The bar has a good atmosphere in the evenings though, so that's something.

I lost my mobile phone here. the security is very poor. I know who took my phone but I cannot find the evidence. Actually I have booking till 20 DEC but I checked out early because I think I will lose more stuff if I decided to continue my stay. Thank You

We are sorry that you lost your mobile phone while staying with us. Unfortunately we cannot take responsibility for items lost within the hostel. All rooms are equipped with lockers and we offer monitored security lockers for valuables in the reception area. We hope you had an otherwise pleasant stay. Safe travels!

good hostel. i have stayed there twice now. the hostel next door (euro hotel) has a much better bar, but both are clean and have friendly staff.

Thanks for your pleasant review! Our bar is certainly smaller than next door's... but we like to think it's still fun :D Enjoy the rest of your travels, and we hope to see you again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7