Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

You will feel more like in a hotel than a hostel. Extremely clean. The WiFi was fast, something I have never come across in any hostel. Close to the central railway station, location superb. Overall, a great place to stay!

• 24th May 2015
  • India

We paid more than we have in any other hostel to be in the 40 bed dorm. The dorm its self was not too bad but smelled a little bit like urine. The bathrooms always had puddles of water covering thee majority of the floor and smelled awful and was usually out of toilet paper. About half of the lockers in the dorm were broken so they could not be locked which is a problem in a 40 person dorm. The wifi did not work the whole time we were there.

The wifi does not show up in the room and did not work for me my entire stay. Otherwise, good location, friendly staff and the bar is nice. Bathroom facilities in the 40 bed dorm needed cleaning. On the other hand the dorm was much less disruptive than you would think.

Great place with a pretty good atmosphere and a prime location. Only thing - don't do your laundry here; it took 3 hours just in the wash and when it finished my clothes were still soaked with suds, luckily reception was able to help me out and use their private washer and dryer to do my clothes.

The hostel had a great atmosphere; great place to meet people. We liked the set-up of the 40 bed dorms and how the areas were divided so it didn't feel so large. The free shot was a nice touch too. Only thing we didn't like was that the bathroom/toilets smelled a bit. Overall, great experience.

• 19th May 2015

I was definitely not satisfied with this hostel. The thing is, it was dirty; the wi-fi was awful in the rooms too & in general it was very dark and all. I had taken the 40 beds dormitory, to me it was too much but in that aspect I guess it did the job. While I wasn't feeling like partying, I do remember that the bar seemed very entertaining so there's that.

• 19th May 2015

Best buffet breakfast I've had in Germany! Had the widest variety to accommodate us, the non European!

The blankets stank.

Extremely friendly staff at the reception with great attention to detail, exceptionally clean room (4 person mixed ensuite), surprisingly quiet during the night, eventhough it's very close to the main station and has a bar downstairs. Only one tiny detail that may bother someone - it wasn't possible to lock the bathroom door, but luckily roommates were respectful ;)

The reception, lounge, and bar area was excellent. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Especially Matt.

• 16th May 2015

I don't often feel the need to write reviews, but in this case it was needed. I really enjoyed the hostel, I was orginally nervous about the poor reviews I had seen for it, but it was great. Ideal for back packers and a very cozy and friendly atmosphere. Of the the three hostels I stayed in Munich, there's no question this was the best

• 15th May 2015

Average hostel that clearly wins with its location close to the central station. We stayed in the 40-bad-bed room which is spacious and has lockers. However, the door literally smashes every time someone goes in or out - sleeping in the first part of the room is thus quite frustrating, if not impossible. Bath room okay but smelly.

• 14th May 2015

Staff were amazing ... The noise can be drowned out with earplugs haha so wasn't an issue

This is definitely a big party hostel but good location. The rooms were a bit run down and the very squeaky bunks were a bit annoying. Some of the staff were helpful. Breakfast was great though! Eggs and more than the usual hostel breaky of cereal and jam etc.

Don't forget to bring flip flops for the showers! The showers aren't as clean as I would expect from a location in very clean Munich...

Great atmosphere, location and staff. Poor facilities. The hostel needs updating in its common areas as well as its bathroom facilities.

• 6th May 2015

I had the best time of my life at Jaegers hostel..... the people were so helpful, friendly & absolute sweethearts........ Missing it already 😅

Staff was great but rooms were very noisy and disorganized and bathrooms were very dirty. Don't plan on getting any sleep if you're staying in a 40 person dorm

Great location and I met some really awesome people! The bathrooms for the 40-bed dorms were a little gross and the bedrooms got humid from all the showers being taken, but just wear flip flops down there and you should be fine. It's in a great location with there being a supermarket down the street and being tons of places to eat around. Easy to find and pretty good for the money.

The worst hostel in munich. I used all during one month. 4 showers togehter in a diry floor for 80 persons (2 rooms share shower) Non kitchen, no good enviroment, no good staff, no good services... First to all flipflops...none clean so forget dont take something without flipflops, second you will not eat due not kicthen all the other has clean and amazing kitchens. Vamos una mierda, rodeada de porqueria que no se lo recomendaria ni a un enemigo..mejor dormir en la calle 让狗屎,垃圾所包围,我不会推荐,也不是敌人

• 4th May 2015