Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

We arrive date 5.00 in a morning.. -Not very well welcomed if we don't speak good English- I guess the staff is tired! Then we knew we might not have the room early. But why lot of people check in but not us?! And we asked and wait a lot since the cleaner guy (thanks him!) saw me fall in sleep at 3.00pm and asked a bed for me! Then if we don't care sleeping in a 40beds room, we expected to have shower by ourselves not a big share bathroom. :/ Anyway it's a big factory for backpacker!

• 10th Sep 2014

Bad - not enough power points in 40 bed dorm to charge anyone's phones etc - beds were the most uncomfortable - floors creeked SO LOUDLY! -stunk of mouldy mildew -shared bathrooms were mouldy, no privacy. Literally sharing 4 showers, naked in front of them (might not be a bad thing ;) ) -laundry facilities wasn't working at the time -felt itchy after lying on the bed for an hour.... -wifi in the room was horrible, only worked near the door -no bed lights Good - location

• 5th Sep 2014

I had the single private which was excellent and very comfortable. The bar is nice and staff is helpful. The 10am checkout time does suck, no option for late checkout.

The hostel is right next to the trainstation and 15 minutes walk from mirianplats so perfect location. The rooms are clean and have lockers but the only downside is the lockers only take a certain size padlock so you have to pay to use theirs. The staff were really friendly and helpful and there is a good bar downstairs.

Great Atmosphere, good wifi, nice staff, heaps of big lockers - but you do need a big lock!

This is my favourite hostel I've ever stayed in! The atmosphere is top notch, the staff are really friendly and the bar is fairly cheap! I stayed in the 40 bed dorm and besides the communal showers, this is the best hostel I stayed in on my whole trip as it is really easy to meet other travellers. It is also only a stones throw from the train station.

I had a wonderful stay here! Great for solo travellers. Loved the cards and games in the bar.

Much better than I expected based on the comments! The bar was cheap and great for meeting fellow travellers. The beds were a bit squeaky and firm, but that's my only minor complaint! Great location right next to the train station and tons of places to eat.

There is a bar in the bottom floor that anyone could walk into. It's not in the best neighborhood, so this isn't ideal. Breakfast was overpriced and the lockers and bathroom on main floor smelled like pee. I'd recommend finding somewhere else.

Staff should be excellent except for one employee. He was dealt with and therefore I am happy with my stay and will come back next time I'm in Munich!

• 21st Aug 2014

All very clean and excellent sitauted near the main station. Lockers can be used in the backyard even after check-out. Very convenient. Just the Jaegermeister was not Jaegermeister :D

Very nice place with awesomely friendly and helpful staff. Especially nice to meet people if you're into that. Excellent location, you can roll there from the train station in 5 secs and close to center as well. I stayed in the 40 bed dorm, which is exactly what you'd expect it to be. There was one guy whose shoes stank up the entire basement, but that can happen anywhere.

Very welcoming and good price. Good shower and washing facilities. Bedroom smelt a bit, could have done with an air freshener.

• 19th Aug 2014

Fantastic location, very helpful staff and we'll organized. Comfortable room and well spaced out. I was on the 4th floor but was kept awake by some noise until maybe midnight. Not a big deal and not unusual for a hostel. The staff at reception recommended me a tour which was cancelled and did not tell me it was cancelled. Some new staff did not have contacts to get me the information I needed. But I would still stay here again. Great value for money.

• 18th Aug 2014

good location right next to the train station. the staff were really awesome!

This hostel was pretty good value. Great location. The dorm was massive so it's only possible to sleep with earplugs. Some people were climbing through the window to access the toilet in our dorm from the opposite dorm... so security was questionable although I kept any valuables in a locker anyway. The door to the room slammed really loudly. I asked about this each day yet nothing was done over the three days I was there. It would have only taken someone a minute to adjust the door closer.

Was suddenly woken up in the middle of the night and told to change beds. Key kept not working as well. Other than that it was a good place

I didn't care for the throw up outside the dorm room . The location was great and it was quieter than I thought it would be. I hated the open showers and dressing area.

• 14th Aug 2014

I liked the overall atmosphere very much. Everyone I interacted with was very pleasant. To top it all off, their wifi is pretty great.

• 14th Aug 2014

We stayed in the forty person dorm B and it was a lot better than I was expecting. It was not too noisy or hot although we did stay mid-week. The bar was great and the happy hour cheap. The staff were also very friendly and helpful with any problems. The wifi was terrible. It had a very small range, none in our dorm, and required logging in every time. The showers were also bad. They were essentially communal. If the wifi was improved and shower curtains added it could be an excellent hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7