Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

The guy at the reception was not friendly at all. I got there in the middle of the night really tired and on top of things I have to put up with this guy and his attitude... Hie name was German and I also had to deal with him at the checkout and it was the same bad attitude.

Rooms were not well equipped, wardrobe were old and noisy, beds were made of steel and slight movement made lot of noise Staff at reception were not very helpful at the beginning, we asked for room and we were denied and then we book thru hostelworld immediately and then again have to wait for long to get the keys Thanks to hostelworld for help :-)

Beautiful bathroom Clean rooms Great storage room for luggage after check out Only factor was shower leaked, beds are noisy when people move and wifi was average in room. Great location for power points to charge phones etc Great location in town and close to train (easily accessible to airport) And cheap hire of towels and locks. Overall as a seasoned traveller I would definitely stay here again. One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Well done jaeger! Thank you!

• 14th Oct 2014

Good ubication and cool place

Rooms and bathrooms not very clean, beds really squeaky, lockers really old and not very good. Staff friendly, good bar.

We stayed in the 40 bed dorm and it was horrible. The toilets and showers were in the same room which would of been fine had there been any ventilation aside from 3 windows down the other side of the room. This caused there to be a very strong smell of mold which carried through the whole room. The bathrooms were horrible, the showers only had half walls so you were pretty much showering all together, absolutely no privacy. We also got bed beds. Would not stay here again

It was one of the cleanest hostels I been to, but loud. the flour cracked, the lockets made an awfull sound :(

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Unfotunately my experience with jaegers was very bad, if not close to fraud. They have a discriminating age restrictio for dorm, which was not obvious during the booking. The staff was extremly unfriendly and showed no sympatthy at all, nor offered a solution. So we ended up on the street, no cash back. I stay in hostels very often but never had an experience like this before. I cannot recommend this hostel at all. Consider the Wombats instead, its next door, nice and cheap with top breakfeast.

I had stayed previously in a 6 bed dorm which was very nice, however the 40 bed dorm is unacceptable. Of course I expected budget standards and limited facilities but 3 toilet cubicles for 80 people was ridiculous, the dorm area is impractical and uncomfortable with very limited privacy, no individual power sockets, etc. wpuld recommend the 6 bed dorm but overall not impressed with this hostel.

Had a great time here, the staff were great except for the short security guy, he was a bit of a knob.

The staffs are not really helpful but still acceptable. The room is good and clean for backpacker. If you enjoy alcohol, the bar is near the lobby.

Great location and price

All was verry verry good

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

Beds arnt the comfiest but the central location is great ! Most of the staff are friendly ...and it was clean.

• 5th Oct 2014

Staff were friendly, however it did take awhile to check in. Rooms were clean and secure, though the beds were a little rough. Despite comments I had read on security I found their security methods of a high standard. Would definately recommend it

Stayed in a 40 bed dorm. Was fine except for the brightly lit exit sign a metre from my bed disturbing my sleep. The toilets were disgusting with only 3 unisex toilets on that level that were never clean. The showers were in another dorm so had access to both which is not great in terms of security. My friend was harassed by a security staff member. Other staff members were great in handling this but still shouldn't have happened. Great location and bar is fun but wouldn't stay again.

• 1st Oct 2014

I was in the 40 bed dorm which is fine for what you're paying. Bed was clean and comfortable, but the constant shine of the exit sign hinders sleep. The bathrooms are a bit rubbish, and the unisex toilet smells like a filthy urinal. The bar and bar staff are excellent, and there was a great atmosphere. Security staff are also lovely, except for one who I had an incident in with which I'm assured was dealt with.

We stayed here for Oktoberfest and was a good location to get to the event. Good security and really close to get the U Bahn. Room was clean and nice. Really good breakfast! Wifi didn't work in rooms though

Above all, as a frequent traveler, I feel obliged to note that the location of the hostel was excellent. All of the important areas are close by. However, the staff was really bad. I don't know if that was due to the busy period of the year, but the girl in the reception had a horrible communication manner (not Julia, the other one). The bathroom and the toilets were entirely dirty. I didn't use them throughout my 2 day stay and had to find a place for my personal needs outside.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Macedonia

I stayed in the dorm room and brought outsiders mixed men women wrote this morning to three o'clock in the same room. The comforter and pillow went gear worm. It was very uncomfortable and dirty.

• 30th Sep 2014