Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

One night there was a guy knocking on our door asking to join him..This continue for a few hours

• 4th Nov 2015
  • Chile

I did NOT stay there as after I had made the booking, I later saw in the small print that I was unable to stay due to being over the age of 35 years so I have no idea what the place is like as I never attended there, and stayed elsewhere.

My second stay at Jaegers. Stayed in a six bed room this time which is much better than the 40 bed room last time. Really felt like a whole different hostel. Much cleaner and nicer in any aspect. The biggest drawback however are the iron lockers, which are incredible loud. Any slightest touch creates a huge noise, no matter what. It's hard not to wake up your roommates or being woken up everytime someone has to use them. Hope they will consider wooden ones next time.

Decent place to stay. It's a little pricey for a 40 bed dorm during a non-peak time, but maybe that is just Munich. This is a party hostel and can be quite noisy at times. Very close to the bus and train station though!

The staff at Jaeger's was friendly and the location was good, but these are the only great things about the hostel. We stayed in a 40-bed mixed dorm and didn't particularly like it. Most of the people staying there used to jump out of the window onto the small yard to smoke, so naturally there was smoke indoors as well, which made sleeping a bit hard... The beds weren't comfortable and were very squeaky, and the toilets and the showers had a serious mold problem. Wouldn't recommend.

Really awesome hostel in a good location. Only downside was the beds were really creaky and the showers in the big dorms weren't great. You can't do anything if you have to use one hand to push the button for water.

the lockers were alright, but the showers had hardly any privacy unless you were on your own in the bathroom, i stayed in the 40 person dorm in the basement and there was so much banging from the building it was so loud it would wake me up, and the noise was from the dorm.

Nice hostel close to the Central train station and Marienplatz. Would return :)

Great location. Super helpful staff! There was an issue with the washing machine in our flirt and the lady was so helpful! Even put my clothes in the dryer for me! Breakfast wasn't really worth the money, but that's my fault for only eating cereal! Had a great time! Great hostel. Would highly recommend!!!!

The location was great, linen was comfortable, bathrooms were a bit dirty and run down. Too expensive for what we received. No outlets near your bed, and wifi doesn't work in some rooms. Make sure you bring lots of cash because everything needs deposits. Met some great people, and some weird people... definitely invest in a locker.

Manuel, Vincent, and Aaron : The boys at the bar make this place sparkle. And they make the best cocktails in Munich.

• 16th Oct 2015

The biggest problems were the lack of wifi ( it would either drop out or not reach the room) and the very moldy bathrooms. The bathroom and showers were caked in black mold and it smelled thickly of it so I doubt they don't know. In addition, the power outlets were no where near the beds in the room. They could simply run an extension cord to the middle of the room... The same problem occurs in the common area ( the only area to get wifi) where there are not enough plugs for the people.

Bar had potential to be a good atmosphere but it wasn't, rooms are secure and have lockers, staff friendly enough, good location, no kitchen or any facilities for cooking.

The rooms are too small, there is wifi only in the lobby area, the staff is extremely rude. I wouldn't recommend it.

The hostel as a whole is definitely ok and the welcome shots were more than nice. However the toilets and showers of the 40-bed room were quite something.. Especially as it seemed that it wasn't cleaned daily. I've seen a period blood stain in the changing corner still being there after several days. Also the really loud floor in the room and the iron lockers which made a huge noise no matter how careful you were, made it really hard to sleep.

Perfect location but pour cleanliness

I'm not sure why the fare was still expensive even though the Oktoberfest had ended? The WiFi didn't reach the basement, where some rooms where, either... Also I don't think there's enough privacy in the showers. Other than that, the location is perfect (near main train station and center) and the staff was always kind. The atmosphere is always lively and you even get a free drink when you check in!

I had a common room. Very loud in night, difficult to sleep and rest.

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Poland

If you're fancy and rich, don't go there. If you're a poor traveller like me, it ok. The bathrooms are dirty and showering is a jail experience. The laundry machine is sinking. The beds are not really confortable but clean.

Good location, breakfast was okay but could be cheaper! I stayed in the 40bed dorm and it wasn't too busy so that was good (I stayed in dorm B, dorm A looked really messy though). Only thing is you have to go into A's dorm to get to the showers and there's no kitchen!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7