Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

I was in a 10 bed dorm. It was very clean, as was the bathroom, which was conveniently in the room. The staff was incredibly friendly and made the stay very pleasant. The location right by the Hauptbahnhof is unbeatable. If I'm in Munich again, I'll be back.

• 29th Jul 2015

Staff and location are good. -Cleanliness is the problem: toilets are very dirty, and there is no window. Smells like s**t all the time.. The wifi connection is very bad in rooms and it doesn't get better anywhere else. -The mixed room of 40 beds is completely unsafe. We lost our bag, stolen from somebody in the same hostel during the night. The bag was on my bed... Horrible. Most of the lockers are damaged. Not recommended.

I stayed in the 40 person dorm. It smelled awful, showering was definitely an experience I never want to experience again, and the people did not like to interact at all. Everyone kept to themselves and was super disrespectful of other people's space and belongings.

The staff are very nice and helpful!

Location really could not be any better for me! Staff were great and atmosphere was nice. Wifi did not reach most of the 40 bed dorm though... Beyond that I was pretty happy!

Average to poor

• 21st Jul 2015

The atmosphere starts off great, but you move further into it everything is disgusting. The smell is almost unbearable in the 40 bed rooms. And the bathrooms are even worse. Pay more to go somewhere else.

The only advanrage of this place is to be located next to the train station, so the staff (arrogant, insolent, and rude) knows that, and treat you as they want.There's a clear discrimination due to nationality of non-German speaking guests. This is NOT A HOSTEL but a club of friends pretending to be younger than guests. Age-restriction? Most of reviewers here are under 30 y/o coinciding in the same though: "stay somewhere else instead of in this messy junk". Don't ruin your visit to Munich.

Sheets were dirty and door didn't lock and wasn't informed of this on check in. For €82 a night, that is pretty awful. I will be leaving a very honest review on Trip advisor!

• 20th Jul 2015

It said there was air con in all rooms, yet it was unbearably hot. It said there was wifi in all rooms, the wifi hardly worked in the lobby and didn't reach the rooms. Showers and toilets stank like for the whole 3 day stay. I felt more unclean after a shower with the condition they were in. Would not recommend staying, pay a little extra for a nicer place that won't ruin your Munich experience.

• 20th Jul 2015

room was very small for 6 and we were not given any information about the city

Fairly average hostel- had a decent bar and most importantly AIR CON! air con is a must in the summer in Munich. I stayed here and also Wonbats Hostel (next door) Wonbats did not have air con-did not sleep ! Wifi isn great. Showers are average- at least they're not shared!

There were lockers outside for day use which was okay and lockers in the room (only some closed). The bathrooms were atrocious though: super gross and veeery smelly (like a sewer). The best part was the ac for humid nights!

Worst hostel ever!!!!! I stayed in a 40 bed dorm. The girls showers did not have dividers so all the girls had to shower in front of one another. The showers had mold all through them. When we checked out we asked if they could mind our bags while we looked around before our bus arrived. They said they do not kind anyone bags. I thought this was so bad as it's a normal standard to have this in all hostels. We complained about this and the staff didn't even care

Awesome experience, staff very helpful and hostel is in a prime location. Plenty of people coming and going :)

Arrived at the hostel to be told we didn't have a booking there.

• 16th Jul 2015

Great location, good breakfast, nice staff. The lower level showers are nasty and dirty. Wifi does not work in lower level dorms.

• 15th Jul 2015

Well, first off, my friend and I did have the cheapest bunk so that should be mentioned as I am sure that the other rooms are nicer. We got what we paid for. The bathrooms were not exactly the cleanest and could have been well stocked with toilet paper. The hand dryer was not working. The bunk in which I slept in with 40 other people was fine except the windows to the outside were wide open and anyone could have come in. It just didn't feel safe. The floors were dirty with debris everywhere.

Great location, helpful staff, liked the free shot on arrival, clean bed linen. The hostel could be a cleaner in the bathrooms. Half the lockers in our room did not turn to lock properly, 1 shower for ten guests was tricky when many were leaving early that morning. Quite expensive for what is was.

Lots of shady people near the hostel. Had terrible night with drunk people screaming, laughing loudly and running running in the corridors. Go for another hostel that looks safer and free of these bunch of monkeys!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7