Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

Wifi worked in only the lobby but not the bedrooms. All the floors and toilets were filthy. The showers were NOT private. Those were the only downfalls. However the staff were friendly and helpful, the lobby was cozy and enjoyable. They have amazing beer. It was okay.

Great place with good staff, bar and cool guests. if you are young and don't mind the company of other young people, I recommend Jaeger. breakfast not included. might be noisy from other guests, but not from traffic.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Norway
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The only thing that bothered me about the hostel was the mustiness of the girls' bathroom on the lower level.

• 28th Jun 2015

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOSTEL. Large windows line all of the dorms which are constantly left open. Local thieves regularly enter the building (at least weekly) and raid peoples bags while everyone is asleep. When I woke up on my final day my wallet and phone had been stolen - other people lost computers, iPads and multiple pasSports. The staff were useless with this despite it occurring every few days- DO NOT STAY HERE, IT IS NOT WORTH YOUR LOSS. Also disgusting bathrooms.

Two main drawbacks. The first one: THE BATHROOMS. I took a 6 bed mixed room and the bathroom was always dirty, the curtains were really disgusting and each time you take a shower you ended up with all the floor splashed with water! The second one was the BREAKFAST, you've to pay 5€ and there's almost no variety in the meal, just juice, bread, jam, cheese and ham, coffee (without milk) and some other two or three stuff... I don't know if I'd recommended this place, it's not bad but it's not good.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

Jaegers hostel was interesting. I stayed in the 40 person room, which was loud, the lockers didn't lock but the atmosphere was great. It's located right next to the station so it was easy finding my way back but the neighborhood was interesting. Lots of kebabs and brothels. The wifi only worked in the lobby and went in and out, but I made some great friends and would definitely recommend it. Received way more free shots from them than just the one for staying there.

I was in the 6 bed female ensuite. Came at 3 and beds were sill dirty. Hair all over the bed. Had to ask them to clean it. Lockers in rooms are much smaller than in the courtyard. Air conditioning is a plus. Good zone by good grocery store but no kitchen in hostel. Keycard erased itself everyday. The elevator worked the first day then broke and they fixed in a day. Other rooms were very loud. Elevator covered in puke one day. Won't be coming back.

The beds in the 40 room bunk were horribly uncomfortable. The environment was very rude and the other people staying there were very disrespectful. The staff were great, but could do more to make sure that the guests are polite and kind to each other.

• 24th Jun 2015

This place is nice as far as it being big and having a bar, also being near most of the sites.. But that's it. The staff seemed like they could care less, it seemed more like a hotel staff instead of a hostel. They have no recommendations on what to do or where to go. They were slightly friendly, and I understand they have a mass amount of people, but it can use some work. Also the door to the shower wouldn't close so the bathroom would flood after one person showered.

The 40 bed dorm we stayed in was extremely dirty and uncomfortable. The bathrooms in particular had mould growing in them, there was hardly ever any toilet paper, the showers didn't have any doors?? My bed had all the springs poking through and I ended up top and tailing with my friend as her bed was marginally better. It was bad and just needed a really good clean but we never saw any cleaners in there. Also security needs improving as people had items stolen while we were there.

• 22nd Jun 2015

We were staying in the 40 people room and they stole our backpacks and wallets. Also, we heard that some people got their passports stolen in the same room.

I had my wallet stolen. I used the restroom three times when I was there for a one night stay and all three times there was no toilet paper in the stalls.

I chose this place because I was only staying one night and was coming in and out by train. Location for that is amazing, very easy to find using this directions. If you need to store your luggage the next day they have lockers which is great because I never fully trust luggage rooms. Rooms are quiet.

The people working the front desk were very friendly! We had to put a deposit down to get a towel, but we were able to exchange our towels daily for clean ones. The wifi wasn't very good. It only seemed to work in certain spots. Our shower didn't latch all the way when you tried to close it, so the floor got soaking wet after each shower. The people downstairs kept saying someone would fix it, but no one did. Other than that, the bathrooms were nice and the room was spacious.

Lactation was excellent! The ubahn (metro) is right around the corner, making getting to different places very easy! The hostel also does daily waking tours, which are free and super insightful. I stayed in a private room with ensuite bathroom which was very clean! Plus I had a killer view from the 5th floor. The staff were not very interactive with guest,although they were very helpful when needed. Dont forget to say please and thank you, politeness gets you a long way in Germany.

There was a lot of homeless people and beggers in the area and I didnt feel safe once I left the building. We struggled to get our wifi connection and it was quite loud in the hallways. Once inside the bedroom it was nice, but I didnt enjoy the overall feel of the hostel to much.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

The hostel had a really cool atmosphere, and having a bar connected was perfect in Munich! Unfortunately the shower in our room leaked, and in a ten person bedroom this meant pretty soon the bathroom floor was flooded, and we spent the rest of the night walking around on wet towels because no other help was offered.

I reserved a full 4 bed room and as we were 3, they booked anothrr person in our room. When we saw the problem, it was too late people from the staff said they could not do nothing, at the other morning, we talked to the manager who was very well the situation and also said that nothing could be done because it was fully booked and then, we asked for our money back and they declined doing that It was a vrry bad experience and i was told to start booking with booking.com

• 19th Jun 2015

Cool bar to make friends and have some fun! A bit expensive to me but u still get something good out of it! Literally 500m from the train station and at 5-10mins to any attractions! Fun place to be

I loved my stay at jaegers!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7