Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

Got bedbugs. It was a good hostel though, i stayed in a 40 person room amd it was as good as that can be. Other than the bug bites.

• 10th Apr 2014

Drunkers everywhere! Strangers can go inside the dorm bed, they smoke around the reception areas and wifi only available at the reception floor. Worst place to stay ever! avoid here!

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Everything fine - breakfast included - unluckly the noise during Saturday night not just in the Street but from the room next to mine was a problem - maybe some more written reccomandations could be useful for those who need some good rest.

• 29th Mar 2014

There is no self-service kitchen which is quite annoying. Some of the sanitary facilities are not maintained well (broken toilets, showers, no soap at the sink, partly smelly toilets). The WiFi is excruciatingly slow. The beds in the dorms are rather uncomfortable, the floor is creaky and the noise from the bar at the ground floor easily permeates the floor to the dorm.

Their was an outbreak of bed bugs. The only thing they did to remediate to the situation was offer us another bed in the same dorm and a free shot of jaeger.

• 26th Mar 2014

Hi there! Just wanted to take a quick moment to share what a wonderful experience my group and I had while staying there. I found the entire staff to be of great help and very resourceful. Shout out to Matt for all the valuable info! The bar and breakfast were both great as well. Maybe alittle recommendation for the lockers in the rooms- perhaps grease the hinges? They are a bit loud at night when trying to access one's things.

Generally an ok hostel for one or two nights. We stayed in the 40 bed dorm and it was very noisy on the Friday night but I guess that's to be expected! Good atmosphere if you're up for a party! Downsides- no privacy in showers and stagnant water in the washing machine creating a bad smell right through the dorm.

• 21st Mar 2014

Very close to the train station. Bring you own lock if you get there before check in. If not, you can rent one for a Euro a day. We stayed in the largest dorm room and even though there were lots of people the way the room is sectioned off you still have a little privacy. Just don't use the washer and dryers. They ruin your clothes.

It was no doubt the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Never stay in the 40-bed. They pack so many beds into the basement that we couldn't fit our luggage anywhere. There are three bathroom stalls for around 80 visitors and you have to walk through another 40-bed room to get to the showers. Just overall, no. I would never recommend staying here.

I liked it. Creeky floor in the 40 person room is a deal breaker for sure. All else is pretty good. Great location, close to all trains

• 14th Mar 2014

This was the best hostel that I have ever stayed in. The rooms are a great size, and everything is very clean. It is just a short walk away from historic sights and shopping. Loved it!

This hostel was a really great place to meet people and hang out in the bar, the atmosphere was great. However, it was very unsanitary. The toilets smelt really bad, and the place as generally pretty dirty. The washing machine was out of order which wasn't too big of a deal but annoying, plus the showers , although split into men and women, were completely see through but on the other side there was a curtain to get changed behind ? Ialso the wifi didn't work I'm the rooms.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Nice hostel for a stop over, although the bar did close a little to early for my liking. Plenty to like though, the rooms were big and clean and the en suit facilities were good.

Generally it was ok, rooms are fine, toilets are clean, common room is big enough, however some things did bother us, some of the staff is very nice, but some are not. We came from city center at around 3 a.m. and the hostel bar was closed, so we asked the grumpy dude behind the reception desk if we can drink our own beer in common room, since we had some left from earlier that day, but he didn't let us. WHY? YOUR BAR DOES NOT SERVE ANYMORE MAN! despite that our stay was rather pleasant

The hostel staff seemed happy to help whenever asked, Location was fairly good, right next to station and only a short work to Munich centre. Beds and dorm were rather noisy and very hot, so windows had to be kept open. For the price though couldn't go wrong, a free shot of Jaeger every night instead of just on the first would also be a good idea ;)

I had a nice room with bathroom (only one toilet and one shower for 6 persons though), the staff was friendly and the atmosphere nice and relaxed. Good breakfast, but I had something to put in the fridge and it was not possible, so I had to throw it away. Perfect location, I would definitely recommend it and book there again next time in Munich!

We stay in 40 dorm room. It's a huge room with walls which creat 4 smaller compartments. It's not that bad. However the floor is old so that it's noisy when people walking. It's good value if you want to save money; don't choose this if you want quite place.

I can tell that the hostel is fine. Location is great and it has amazing common room with bar. Bar is great with great prices when you compare it with prices of drinks in town. The only thing is that the beds are not very comfortable and make noises when you turn on bed. It was keeping me wake up almost the whole night. But when you drink, nothing wakes you us, so this is the recipe :).

Showers very open and shared with a lot of people. Many lockers were broken (one looked like someone had taken a crowbar and pried it open), though the ones that were functional were big, provide your own lock. On one of the nights (a Friday) a whole bunch of German schoolkids showed up at the bar in the hostel for cheap beer, many were underage (which is saying something, as the German drinking age for beer is 16) and would try to get older people to buy liqour for them.

Overall, our stay at Jaeger's Munich was very enjoyable. Unfortunately, the beds were way too hard for my tastes, and most mornings I woke up with my hips hurting from sleeping on them. Other than that, it was quiet enough to sleep, even with the bar downstairs and people were very nice. I was a little surprised that we had to pay for breakfast, since many hostels come with breakfast for free. However, the value was well worth eating their instead of going elsewhere.

• 12th Jan 2014