Kamakura Central Guest House Reviews

2-22-1 Yuigahama, Kamakura, Japan

It's a small but very nice hostel. Super clean everything, but no real kitchen. It's just a short walk from the beach and the station and sightseeing attractions are all in walking distance too. Would stay there again.

Nice place to stay in Kamakura. Small but it does the job. Beds are good with curtains. Convenient location. Only downside is no where to lock up your stuff.

Review based on an extremely briefly visit. The hostel is clean and tidy, rooms are comfortable. The common room is small but comfortable, hostel was a bit empty when I was there...Overall is good to stay in Kamakura, since it's midway between the city and the beach. My only major negative point is the fact that there is curfew at 12, after which you can't go back in. I don't know if this is due to a misunderstanding, but I think this could be fixed, since the door has a code lock.

a simple clean dorm room. small lounge with TV, microwave and fridge to use. Clean sheets provided, have to pay small $ for towel. Staff nice and some English. Good location on main street close to beach, 10 mins from train station. Good value.

• 7th Jul 2015

Good night stay, a bit of a distance from the Kamakura station, but very quiet and nice hostel!

I stayd 5 nights in Kamakura Central Guest House and I was very happy with everything. Rooms were really clean and pretty much everything you needed was available. Owners really nice and helpfull, I had a longer chat with the male one during one evening, very nice people overall. Also the location is really good, only a few minutes walk from the beach and from the closest Enoden tram-line station. Big plus is also a proper food market (no combini) only couple minutes away the hostel. Recommend!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Finland

Super clean, super friendly staff, excellent location - close to the station and the beach. However, the front door is always unlocked which is a bit of a worry. Someone's always in and Kamakura is a super safe place though. Masa the owner is very helpful and a really nice guy. There seems to be very few decent places like this to stay in Kamakura, so if you're looking for somewhere stay here! Highly recommend :)

Fair place to stay. Clean and quiet.

The place is well located and the host is very nice and helpfull. It has been a good experience.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Slovenia

I was in a female dorm which was very comfortable, clean and good value. It had a very homely feel. Would stay again.

Absolute fantastic host, offered us food & took us up too a Mt.Fuji lookout point free of charge just because he wanted us too make the most of our stay. Couldn't recommend it enough

The place for itself is fantastic with good wifi, a microwave and a computer for general use. There is no kitchen though which is too bad. The real problem is that check-in time is at 15:00 and check-out is at 10:00, This leaves you a short time to really enjoy your stay, especially because come check-out time They kicked me out with a smile into the rainy street, not allowing me to stay an hour and a half more In the common room to wait for my train... That really ruined the experience for