Kamakura Central Guest House Reviews

2-22-1 Yuigahama, Kamakura, Japan

This hostel is perfect for beach lovers. Just 2 mins from Kamakura's beach where you can surf, swim or just enjoy the sun. Walking distance from JR Kamakura station, there are supermarkets, convenience stores, restaurants and boutiques nearby. Its a nice location. The hostel itself is spotless. Everything is very new and well maintained. There are microwave, fridge and hot water. Tea is also free. The owner, Masa, is very friendly. Together with his mum, they really made me feel at home.

In a nice spot to walk around Kamukura. staff are friendly and happy to help you.

Perfect location, close to all transports, shops and to the beach and a wonderful owner, very kind and helpful. The place is spotlessly clean, cozy, well equipped: internet, fridge, shower, heating/air cond. Excellent value for money. It is my second stay of many days and there is nothing to criticize. Recommended

The staff do not speak too much English but they really try to make sure that you have a pleasant stay. It is a small hostel and quiet when I was staying there (a bonus). It is very clean. There is no kitchen as such, but a fridge is available and the free tea-making facility was a real plus. The location is very central, it is on a main road so traffic noises are continuous - but not a problem for me. Thank you for a great stay!

It's clean and it is located near seashore and beach. Staff is quite poor in english speaking, but friendly.

Not a bad place, nothing special. Host spoke very little English, and we never really saw her. But she was friendly enough. This place is very small, so there wasn't much atmosphere (when we were there anyway). Hot water and tea available. Good location between train station and beach (giant buddha was also only about 15 min walk).

Helpfull and friendly staff. The place was difficult to find as there hardly was a sign.

The host, Massa, is just AMAZING. I will pass all the normal stories about how nice, pleasant and available he is and go to the unusual: I had a terrible back pain when there, I asked Massa if I could stay in bed until the time of my train, in the afternoon. He was very accommodating, asked me a few questions and went off. Later, he came back with a back support belt for me! Please to Massa, I've been able to make it back to Tokyo and to my plane. It would have been really difficult otherwise.

• 7th Nov 2013

This is quite a small place - it's in the top floor of the owners' house. It's quiet and in very good condition, and on the whole I enjoyed my stay, but the staff (which is really just one guy and his mother) speak very little english, which caused some minor challenges. And it was somewhat expensive (3000 yen per night).