Kamakura Central Guest House Reviews

2-22-1 Yuigahama, Kamakura, Japan

A quiet little place, with myself the only guest in the dorm the night I stayed. But the owners were wonderful and friendly, providing some good tips on things to see that weren't mentioned in the guidebooks or tourist maps. Took me a little while to find the place when I first arrived,it's close enough to everything, a ten minute walk south of the station.

Super lovely owner Masa, simple easy place to stay, would recommend

It seems to be the only hostel in Kamakura with an exclusive Female Dormitory and is in walking distance from the station, albeit quite a long walk, which is why I chose it. I found the hostel friendly, though English is limited, if that matters, and very clean and well organised. Everything you would want to know about Kamakura has been uploaded onto the communal computer, which helps when language can be a limitation. The noise from the main road outside was a problem at times.

First of all, thank for staying. Although,after check out, you've got a taxi free to the station.If you do not want to walk so much, put out more money, you should stay at the hotel in front of the station. The hotel will be strong to be soundproofed. I think,people who have past the 40s,do not know the term "cost-effectiveness" is not here.

Great choice of hostel! Excellent and clear directions. This place is spotlessly clean, very well equipped (though more hooks would be appreciated, as usual) and is a great location. The owner is really helpful and welcoming. He has travelled quite a bit and so appreciates what one needs in a hostel. Great shower. Not much space to prepare or eat food but there are tons of cafes and restaurants nearby. One toilet didn't seem to be much but was fine, We had a wonderful stay - thanks.

I wasn't allowed to use the bathroom before check-in hours. I had to go in the public toilet on the beach, I don't think this is the way to welcome travelling guests. Also, only one shower was working (not enough) and washbasin and kitchen sink was the same (in living room area).

You came home at midnight ,enterd mens room and slept without permission in another bed. This means you used two beds. It is natural to be charged 2 beds fee. I doubt common sense to write such a sentence as retaliation

This hostel is perfect for beach lovers. Just 2 mins from Kamakura's beach where you can surf, swim or just enjoy the sun. Walking distance from JR Kamakura station, there are supermarkets, convenience stores, restaurants and boutiques nearby. Its a nice location. The hostel itself is spotless. Everything is very new and well maintained. There are microwave, fridge and hot water. Tea is also free. The owner, Masa, is very friendly. Together with his mum, they really made me feel at home.