Kashgar Pamir Youth Hostel Reviews

3F, Section A, District 7, Id Kah Bazaar, Rd Nuo'er Beixi, Kashgar, China

Fantastic spot, loved the roof terrace but seating is uncomfortable, leaning ginst wooden branches... please put some cushions to lean against, Nice staff, v helpful. A non-smoking area would make the place much better for guests who do not smoke... It was disgusting to use the toilet fitst thing in the morning and find it full of cigarette smoke :( Otherwise, would def recommend this place :)

This place was fantastic, mostly because of the staff. It has everything you need in a hostel (the other review that says it's not that clean... it's the desert, there's dust everywhere in the city) and the staff goes above and beyond. I got food poisoning on a trip out of the city and they helped take care of me when I got back. The staff also took the time to help me plot my whole trip in western Xinjiang. They really know their stuff.

• 9th Jun 2015

There is much to like about this hostel, particularly the location. The water in the bathroom barely ran, though. There were no lights outside the rooms, so it was impossible to see at night when coming back. Everything was also quite dusty out on the terrace and in the cafe area. For the most part, the common areas looked rather unkempt. I think the staff should make more effort to keep up with housekeeping matters. This will give the hostel a more professional appearance.

• 18th Mar 2015

Great place, probably the best hostel in Kashgar. If you go in Winter they have underfloor heating in the bedrooms! Staff were very nice and hospitable. Ideal location just next to the old town and night market. Would definitely recommend.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Good place for back packer

• 21st Jan 2015

There is not much choice for hostels in Kashgar and as others say you have to lower your expectations compared to the rest of China. We stayed in the family room and overall it was a good experience and the main bed was very comfortable. The staff remembered us on our return trip. It's quiet on that side of the hostel - the other rooms face the street so they could be noisier. Location is excellent and sitting on the roof-top platforms is relaxing. Wifi worked well for us our whole stay.

We already reviewed the place as a dump - there is nothing to add. Stay somewhere else if you can! We get the honor of a second review because our initial booking was split in two parts.

The place is a dump. Zero maintenance since years. Should be torn down. Not clean, not comfortable and we had to beg for breakfast - which was poor. Hostel is right above an abandoned mall which is used as repair shelter for local tinkering from 5 a.m. until midnight. Staff yelling at each other at 7a.m. right outside our door (which can't be locked from the inside). Location was good and the cats were friendly

Nice place, perfect location! 5min walk to the night market. And amazing co-travaelers that we met there :D Thank you!

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Latvia

Really nice hostel right next to the mosque, the heart of the local part if the city. Staff are friendly and ready to give advice. Lovely coffee and a really cool outside area, perfect for chilling out and watching the world go by. DONT EAT AT THE BBQ DOWNSTAIRS! The food is nice but they will seriously swindle you!

Very nice hostel, friendly staff, great location opposite the mosque, good food and coffee. Clean rooms and good showers, lockers available in dorm rooms so very secure.

The old town hostel has much better twin rooms than this hostel

No lock on the dorm door. Super friendly and very helpful staff. Superb location overlooking the main square. Great balcony/mezzanine communal area. Would absolutely recommend this hostel. Loved my stay here.

This is one of worst hostels we have ever stayed. We booked a private room with private bath.however when we got there they gave us a 6 bed dorm no running water no working fan or air conditioning filthy with the previous guests waist still in the basket. This place is filthy as soon as you enter the stairwell going up to the hostel. You are also unable to sit in the common area on the outside deck because of all the smoke from the grilling station straight below on the sidewalk.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, some of the best staff we encountered during 2 1/2 months of staying in hostels in China. Room was good enough, but we had booked a double private room with air conditioning and western toilet but we got put into an 8-bed dorm room with no AC and a squatter. We still had the room to ourselves, but it would have been nice to get the room we thought we were going to get. Watch out for the communal toilets - some of the most disgusting toilets we've ever seen!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. There were very few guests at this time of year so the scenario maybe quite different when crowded or the weather warmer. We really enjoyed our stay there.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

One of the most amazing hostels I've ever stayed. The staff are so kind and helpful, they gave us all the information we needed to enjoy a two-day trip around, and they even helped us with our visa problems. The atmosphere is great. You can meet many people and have a cuppa tea with some interesting guys. The roof-top cafe is among the best in kashgar, and there are toast with butter and fine coffe for breakfast -- a lavish treat in western China. For sure good place to stay in kashgar.

• 6th Apr 2014

the staffs here are very kind to help me everything.they make me the trip in kashgar.I am very appreciate is that they never just advised me to rent car or join a travel agent. they always suggested me inexpensive traffic ,like take a bus to the lake or the lovely tips to livestock market. and I am very glad to hear that they have adjusted the shower to because the comments from hostelworld:). Just right now the tourists is not too many or else the terrace will be more attractive :)

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Japan

One of the best hostels I had been to ! Only 10 meters from Id Kah Mosque, surrounded by many restaurants and markets. Rooftop cafe was comfortable, the view was nice, they planted grapes and calabash here. Coffee tasted good. Staff were very friendly and helpful, they knew everything !

This stay I had the shared showers and toilet. The shower temperature was very difficult to get right. It was far less comfortable than the en-suite that I enjoyed on my previous stay. The hostel is a great place to meet other interesting travelers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4