Kashgar Pamir Youth Hostel Reviews

3F, Section A, District 7, Id Kah Bazaar, Rd Nuo'er Beixi, Kashgar, China

Really nice hostel right next to the mosque, the heart of the local part if the city. Staff are friendly and ready to give advice. Lovely coffee and a really cool outside area, perfect for chilling out and watching the world go by. DONT EAT AT THE BBQ DOWNSTAIRS! The food is nice but they will seriously swindle you!

Very nice hostel, friendly staff, great location opposite the mosque, good food and coffee. Clean rooms and good showers, lockers available in dorm rooms so very secure.

The old town hostel has much better twin rooms than this hostel

No lock on the dorm door. Super friendly and very helpful staff. Superb location overlooking the main square. Great balcony/mezzanine communal area. Would absolutely recommend this hostel. Loved my stay here.

This is one of worst hostels we have ever stayed. We booked a private room with private bath.however when we got there they gave us a 6 bed dorm no running water no working fan or air conditioning filthy with the previous guests waist still in the basket. This place is filthy as soon as you enter the stairwell going up to the hostel. You are also unable to sit in the common area on the outside deck because of all the smoke from the grilling station straight below on the sidewalk.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, some of the best staff we encountered during 2 1/2 months of staying in hostels in China. Room was good enough, but we had booked a double private room with air conditioning and western toilet but we got put into an 8-bed dorm room with no AC and a squatter. We still had the room to ourselves, but it would have been nice to get the room we thought we were going to get. Watch out for the communal toilets - some of the most disgusting toilets we've ever seen!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. There were very few guests at this time of year so the scenario maybe quite different when crowded or the weather warmer. We really enjoyed our stay there.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

One of the most amazing hostels I've ever stayed. The staff are so kind and helpful, they gave us all the information we needed to enjoy a two-day trip around, and they even helped us with our visa problems. The atmosphere is great. You can meet many people and have a cuppa tea with some interesting guys. The roof-top cafe is among the best in kashgar, and there are toast with butter and fine coffe for breakfast -- a lavish treat in western China. For sure good place to stay in kashgar.

• 6th Apr 2014

the staffs here are very kind to help me everything.they make me the trip in kashgar.I am very appreciate is that they never just advised me to rent car or join a travel agent. they always suggested me inexpensive traffic ,like take a bus to the lake or the lovely tips to livestock market. and I am very glad to hear that they have adjusted the shower to because the comments from hostelworld:). Just right now the tourists is not too many or else the terrace will be more attractive :)

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Japan

One of the best hostels I had been to ! Only 10 meters from Id Kah Mosque, surrounded by many restaurants and markets. Rooftop cafe was comfortable, the view was nice, they planted grapes and calabash here. Coffee tasted good. Staff were very friendly and helpful, they knew everything !

This stay I had the shared showers and toilet. The shower temperature was very difficult to get right. It was far less comfortable than the en-suite that I enjoyed on my previous stay. The hostel is a great place to meet other interesting travelers.

Awesome place to stay - the rooftop terrace overlooking the mosque is phenomenal. The rooms are good too - my only complaint are the poor bathroom facilities. No connected sink to wash your hands - WTF. Also, more than once found the toilets in a disgusting state. Some people might like the tiny kitchen, but since food is so plenty & cheap in Kashgar, why not use it as bathroom space?!?!?

I understand how the China's infrastructure is, but it was quite annoying that all the toilets were unusable every morning ...

• 2nd Oct 2013
  • Japan

Stayed in a private room, the room is really quite dilapidated, the toilet is quite appalling. Couldn't get a wink at night at all. Has a great rooftop patio which overlooks the Eid Kah Mosque Square. The staff are great!

In a good location by the square. I was a little confused by the tent (thought it was supplied like in NZ), but they were adaptable and things worked out. Staff were helpful booking a trip to Lake Karakul and Tashkurgan and would help match groups together. Staff were generally good English speakers and maps and directions (written in English, Chinese, and Arabic script) were available to different places (livestock market). Nice food as well and a really relaxing place to chill.

Staff were fantastic but when I left I made a confirmed booking for a SINGLE ROOM upon return 2 nights later. When I returned, I had no room. They informed me that I had to share a room with someone. So, even though the staff were generally very good, they don't understand what a CONFIRMED BOOKING means. I then had to find another place to sleep which offered me a single room. The common areas are quite dirty and poorly maintained. The ONLY faucet in the bathroom was broken for days on end.

The location of the hostel is very good. It's next to the old Mosque. I like the style of the hostel.

何よりロケーションが最高。カシュガルで最も見所と思われる旧市街すぐそばで、夜には近くに屋台が並びます。暖かいシャワー有り。スタッフは英語可。外国人宿泊客多いのでバックパック旅行ならぜひここをお勧めします。

• 19th Sep 2013
  • Japan

Great help with information about the surrounding areas and transport options.

All what you expect from a HI hostel. Clean, great staff and incredible travellers! Great terrace! Location is perfect, just in front of the main historical square (where to mosque is). The only problem is the annoying guy making kebab just below the hostel and he makes a lot of smoke...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4