Kathmandu Madhuban Guesthouse Reviews

Kathmandu, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Although a little dirty/run down, this was a great value for the equivalent of about 4 US dollars per night. Free breakfast was delicious and more food than expected. I really appreciated the free bottled water down by the front desk and the staff was very helpful. The power outages were frustrating at times, but those are unavoidable. Would have appreciated soap in the communal bathroom.

Generally, I had a pretty good stay here. The staff was wonderful and helpful all the time. A few issues: airport pickup was supposed to be included, but no matter how many times I emailed them my flight details, I received no answer, and of course ended up paying for my own taxi in. The toilets didn't always flush and there was mold all over the bathroom. Breakfast is good, and it's included. I suspect in terms of Kathmandu accommodations this is probably all pretty average.

• 12th Jun 2014

Great hostel, felt safe with the lovely staff always there to help. Breakfast was great every morning. And we appreciate the free room upgrade this was generous and made our stay more comfortable with an ensuing and a larger space. The owner helped me with an injury I had from trekking assisting me in finding the hospital and checking on me every day etc. also provided maps and a driver for a day to see the sights of Kathmandu. Thanks for a lovely stay!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Had a comfortable stay at Madhuban for three nights. A stones throw away from all eating and shopping places in Thamel.

Maybe because I just stayed here for one night, I didn't feel comfortable. We arrived at the hostel at around 11pm. They picked us up but cost us 6 USD though we were informed earlier but I still felt good cause the price of this hostel is more higher than others. The hot water is not hot that night, but very good in the next morning.And the wifi, is so so.However,the breakfast tasted good. The surroundings was bad for me ,I smelt wet and felt uncomfortable when sleeping in the bed.

• 27th Feb 2014