Kaya's Place Reviews

Playa Negra s/n, Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

Great rooms with beautiful murals and absolutely delicious beer. It was a great addition to a hostel.

The room itself was absolutely fine, minus a stain on the mattress cover. However it does seem expensive for me, given that it doesn't include breakfast, although having said that the breakfast served at the restaurant is very good (although a touch expensive). Poor atmosphere, was slightly concerning overhearing a conversation of people who seemed to have something to do with the management of the hostel talking about getting into fights with people who were hanging around the hostel.

Great hostel with very friendly staff. Located just less than 5 minutes away from the town center it has a relaxed atmosphere right opposite playa negra. The restaurant is great as well and the owner has brewed a great selection of beers that use local ingredients. Would definitely recommend this hostel for anyone staying in Puerto Viejo. They made the stay there nothing but enjoyable!

This was one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed! Perfect location just a couple minutes walk into town and right across from a beautiful beach. Staff was super friendly and the room was fantastic.

When I arrived the lock to my door was broken so I put my bag behind reception and walked into town. When I got back that evening the lock was fixed and the mesh screen over the window was too which I was quite happy to see. The location was ideal to me because the walk into town was only a couple of minutes but it was far enough away to avoid the noise of the parties in town. Room was clean, sheets were very stained. Water from shower was only cold and extremely metallic smelling.

View all Puerto Viejo Hostels