Kazy International Youth Hostel Harbin Reviews

27 Tongjiang Street, Daoli District, Harbin, China

The only thing that was difficult was that none of the staff spoke English well. I was lucky enough to be travelling with my friend who is Chinese that took care of everything. It shouldn't deter you as they do try to help but sometimes it was a struggle. Also the lockers weren't that safe... I tended to carry my valuables with me. Otherwise I do recommend the stay for the location and the food around. They played movies every night in the winter with English subtitles which was nice.

• 2nd Feb 2016

Excellent location - very close to main sites and staff were very helpful. Sold ticket (incl shuttle bus) to ice festival, as well as tickets to snow festival at cheaper prices than RRP. Dorm rooms clean - beds comfy and good duvet. Whole hostel was warm and the sofa area downstairs was very cosy. Only bad thing was the bathrooms. Only a couple of western toilets and the whole bathroom area smelt quite bad. The sink area also felt quite unclean. The wifi could also be improved.

I had a great time at Kazy International Youth Hostel in Harbin for two nights. The hostel was very centrally and conveniently located. Zhong Yang Da Jie (central walking street), St. Sophia Cathedral, Zhaolin and Stalin Parks, the busy and entertaining Songhua river were all located between a 5 and 15 minute walk away. An added bonus is the #47 bus stop just 3 minutes walk from the hostel gate which costs 1yuan and will take you directly to the Ice and Snow Festival!

• 22nd Jan 2016

Cozy common space to escape the cold. Very close to the central street, morning breakfast food street, and loads of restaurants. The toilets weren't very nice, but the showers were good (rumors the pressure's bad when multiple showers are in use). Staff could have been more helpful with Snow & Ice Festival event information, but we managed to sort it out on our own.

This hostel is a great place to stay when in Harbin! The staff are so friendly: they would always help me practice my Mandarin and would also give me suggestions on places to visit. I stayed in a 8-bed dorm, which was both nice and warm. I visited in mid-January 2016 during the peak period - the hostel was full of people, with a great atmosphere! Only gripe is hot water was hard to come by, especially during the morning when many people were showering. But overall, I would definitely return!

Good hostel, very well located next to the main street in Harbin. Bed was comfy and linen was clean. Showers left a little to be desired; don't bother trying to shower at peak time as the pressure is so low that you will end up squatting to get some water out of the shower! They are, however, hot when working properly. Good information in both Chinese and English and sells single postcards unlike the post office where you are forced to buy a pack of 10.

The toilets can get a little dirty. The cleaning staff works tirelessly during the day though. Great location (4-5mins walk away from central street).

Very helpful friendly staff that made me feel really welcome, good sized clean rooms. Excellent location. What more could you want. Thank you Kazy hostel

Price High standard Low. Broke out midnight for long hours. Poor Room facilities. Very Very Dark. 物非所值。

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

The staff was so helpful, even with limited English, they were wonderful. The atmosphere was great with a coffee shop feel and a place to buy anything you maybe didn't have. It's very close to local tourist sites also. I met really nice people and it had a good community feel.

• 2nd Oct 2015