Killarney International Youth Hostel (An Oige) Reviews

Ring of Kerry Road, Fossa, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

I absolutely loved this hostel! It was cozy, the staff was so friendly, and it was secluded, but close enough to town to enjoy the nature and city. I even stayed an extra night because I enjoyed it so much. If I'm ever back in Killarney, this will be the place I stay!

It was a beautiful building! Plenty of space all around! Really nice place!

Apart from being put into a 12-bed room when I booked/paid for an 8-bed room and the hostel being located 6km from killarney with few bus services, it was a really nice hostel!

This was my second time here, and I was very happy with the hostel, I paid for the dorm but I was told that I could use a 4 person room because it was warmer which was nice. All the staff was very friendly, the atmosphere was lovely, especially due to the fire in the fireplace. The kitchen facilities are excellent, I had everything I needed to prepare food. The hostel is a bit of a distance away from Killarney city center but because I came by car it didn't make much of a difference to me.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Poland

We had a great time at the hostel. Dave and the crew were very helpful, friendly and made us feel welcome. Dave even turned on the heater on the floor we were in, because we were cold San Diegans:)

• 10th Oct 2015

Everything was generally good, but it was quite annoying that there was no WiFi in the rooms - doesn't feel that it would be that difficult to make that happen.

The facilities were very clean and the hosts very hospitable

• 4th Oct 2015

Overall we had a good experience! The hostel itself is pushed back between trees so it gives a creepy feel. The staff was very helpful and nice! My only recommendation would be to get a bigger sign at the entrance. It is next to a zip line place and their signs hide the hostel sign which can cause confusion

Fascinating merge of worlds!

A great Youth Hostel is always one that has the guest in mind, and this is one of those places

Not bad .Great place for those who loves nature.

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

Lovely building in a location a few miles from Killarney centre but with a pub serving food on the doorstep. Large room containing showers and toilets is very dated and not nice to use.

Needs more hooks in shower cubicles and shelving

We really enjoyed our stay in Killarney but the hostel was a bit more out of the way than we had thought it would be. If we had utilized more of the area around us that wouldn't have been a problem but we'll know better next time! There breakfast was €4 and it was the same as the complementary breakfast we got in our Dublin hostel, not worth €4. We also had to pay for towels that were complemtary in Dublin as well.

Lovely old place with gorgeous grounds but the bunkbeds are very rickety

The hostel had a very well equipped kitchen, with 3 fridges-so plenty of storage space. The bedrooms were clean and so were the bathrooms -warm water in the showers was abundant. Downstairs there was a library, a tv room and a large dining room, all with access to free wifi. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great-very quiet and close to nature. There was a rope park directly outside the hostel for anyone interested, and other activities were also avaiable.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Poland

The house itself is very nice. In the kitchen they could think about providing salt, pepper, oil, etc. We slept in a 10bed-dorm and the beds were very bad. I slept in the bed above and I was always afraid of falling down. When the person under/above you turned, it felt like a little earthquake.. The staff was very friendly & helpfull and it is a nice idea to provide dvd's to lend.

The hostel was very spacious. Bed in a four person dorm was ok but the mattress was pretty springy. The toilets were not as clean as I would like nor where the showers. The kitchen facility is excellent though and there are plenty of seats, pots, plans, cutlery etc.