Killarney International Youth Hostel (An Oige) Reviews

Ring of Kerry Road, Fossa, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

Not bad .Great place for those who loves nature.

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

Needs more hooks in shower cubicles and shelving

We really enjoyed our stay in Killarney but the hostel was a bit more out of the way than we had thought it would be. If we had utilized more of the area around us that wouldn't have been a problem but we'll know better next time! There breakfast was €4 and it was the same as the complementary breakfast we got in our Dublin hostel, not worth €4. We also had to pay for towels that were complemtary in Dublin as well.

Lovely old place with gorgeous grounds but the bunkbeds are very rickety

The hostel had a very well equipped kitchen, with 3 fridges-so plenty of storage space. The bedrooms were clean and so were the bathrooms -warm water in the showers was abundant. Downstairs there was a library, a tv room and a large dining room, all with access to free wifi. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great-very quiet and close to nature. There was a rope park directly outside the hostel for anyone interested, and other activities were also avaiable.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Poland

The house itself is very nice. In the kitchen they could think about providing salt, pepper, oil, etc. We slept in a 10bed-dorm and the beds were very bad. I slept in the bed above and I was always afraid of falling down. When the person under/above you turned, it felt like a little earthquake.. The staff was very friendly & helpfull and it is a nice idea to provide dvd's to lend.

This hostel needs to do a better job at making their location known to potential travelers. It was not obvious that this hostel is out in the middle of nowhere in Killarney. It is at least 6 miles out from the main town square. They do not have wifi in the rooms which is not ideal and they do not broadcast that either. It takes less than an hour to set up a router in the outside buildings. Bathrooms were poorly kept and resembled those you find out in the woods when you're camping.

• 8th Aug 2015

the hostel looks really nice from the outside and is situated in a quiet environment. the people working there are nice and there's a lot they offer (high ropes, bike rental, trips). however, we were not really satisfied with the cleanliness of this place. the rooms were alright although there was dust in the corners but we were a little disgusted by the bathrooms. although we saw people cleaning them, there were still hairs and dirt on the floor and we had forgotten to bring flip-flops...

Hi, family of 5 with 3 kids, we spent a night at the hostel early August. Friendly welcome but a lot of people ... Room, bedding and sanitary not clean....

• 2nd Aug 2015

We really enjoyed the stay! Big dining and living room, library whit plenty of books, cleaned kitchen,continental brackfast for 4€ and dinner available... Everything you need to feel at home. Good stuff. The only bad thing is the position. You have to take the bus or the taxi if you come back late. But really good hostel!

No major problems

• 1st Aug 2015

The place is beautiful, there's a reading room and a tv room who are nice and comfy, the staff is very nice, but after 23h there's nobody. Be careful though, this is quite far from Killarney if you don't have a car, and there's not a lot of bus.

I had a good time at the hostel, and so did my two children (12 and 15). We met interesting people . Our only regret is that we could not stay longer. If we go back to Ireland, we'll make sure to visit again.

• 24th Jul 2015

A lovely place!

It was nice to have a bathroom in my room but also isn't nice for when other people use it in the middle of the night. Staff were nice but didn't exceed the norm. Wifi cut in and out. Location was alright it was by the university which was easy to find.

Is a little far from the city, so if you don't have a car you'll just have to walk a lot, but that's up to you. I went without a car, couldn't go to some places I wanted to, but that was ok 'cause I enjoyed my time anyways. Is a very cosy hostel and you have a kitchen (but is closed from 11am to 4pm, that's something to think about), a tv room and a reading room. Is a good place to chill and you can walk to the National Park and spend your day there.

I appreciated the willingness of staff to open the members kitchen a little earlier than the advertised time. I usually have breakfast at about 6.30 am. The quiet lounge is beautiful. Too many hostels have a telly in the only comfortable lounge. The games and books were well used while I was there.

• 26th Jun 2015

It seemed as though the bathrooms were never clean, and the staff was never at the front desk. It was a beautiful establishment, but it just didnt seem as though it was taken care of as much as it should. All that and then breakfast was not included, if the bathrooms and such were nicer and better taken care of, the breakfast thing would have mattered. All in all, it was a beautiful place, but did not suit ne at all

I really enjoyed my stay away this hostel! The staff are very knowledgeable about the area and are all so lovely! The hostel is a few minutes walk from the buses and is located almost in the woods; I loved it! The only downfall I found was the breakfast. There was only cereal and toast with coffee or tea for 4€. I would recommend bringing some food with you.

• 22nd Jun 2015

It was our first hostel experience and we loved it. The place is so charming and the staff are friendly. Really impressed with cleanliness and the common areas are beautiful and peaceful.

• 16th Jun 2015