Killarney International Youth Hostel (An Oige) Reviews

Ring of Kerry Road, Fossa, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

It was much better than expected. Even the location, which at first seemed a bit off track, ended up by being a very nice surprise. The surroundings are very nice, and the staff was overall helpful and polite. The continental breakfast was quite scarce for 4€. I would expect at least one more slice of bread, and the juice glasses were extremely small.

The room we stayed was unclean and freezing. There were windows open and the heating system didn't work. We asked the friendly staff to take a look for it while we went to town centre but I don't think they did it. At least the night was like sleeping in arctic circle. We had to put lots of clothes just so stay at least little warm. There were some renovation going on with the carpet but I think the whole building should be renovated! Sorry, we wouldn't come here again.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Lovely common rooms with plenty of comfortable seating (knee rug was a bonus on chilly night). Dining areas large and clean with big kitchen area. Breakfast was adequate - would be better with some fresh fruit and none dairy alternatives for milk and butter. I enjoyed my stay here.

• 4th Oct 2014

Very helpful staff and great spot out of town, so no noise !

• 1st Oct 2014

Be aware that it's a ten Euro taxi if you arrive after the last bus. Positive, there is a morning bus to The Gap of Dunloe at 1000 arrives 1030 you are planning to walk Carrantouill as I did. That's a cracking walk and the hostel in the Black Valley well placed at the end of it.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Nice, quiet place, but then again I was there in late September, so don't know what it's like earlier in the summer. My experience was good though.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Beautiful hostel and beautiful grounds. Loved the old library and sitting rooms. Nice staff and pretty helpful, good location.

Sehr gute ruhige Lage inkl.Parkplätze, Preis/Leistungsverhältnis sehr gut,

We spend some wonderful days in Killarney. The hostel is an old mansion located in beautiful natural scenery. Even though it is a bit out of town, there are good bus connections and nice routes for hiking. The staff and manager are very friendly and helped a lot to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Everything in the hostel is very clean and the kitchen well equipped. It is perfect for families and people who would like to spend some relaxing days in Killarney. We had a great time!

Had a very unpleasant stay in Killarney. There was an extremely noisy group of schoolkids taking over most of the floor i was on. There was no effort by staff to curtail them. Also the plumbing was poor in all bathrooms, the toilets wouldn't flush properly and were generally dirty. Ive stayed in An Oiges other hostels and they were far superior to this one. I would have complained to staff directly but there didn;t seem to be any around by when i was leaving the next morning.

• 4th Sep 2014