Killarney International Youth Hostel (An Oige) Reviews

Ring of Kerry Road, Fossa, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland

It seemed as though the bathrooms were never clean, and the staff was never at the front desk. It was a beautiful establishment, but it just didnt seem as though it was taken care of as much as it should. All that and then breakfast was not included, if the bathrooms and such were nicer and better taken care of, the breakfast thing would have mattered. All in all, it was a beautiful place, but did not suit ne at all

I really enjoyed my stay away this hostel! The staff are very knowledgeable about the area and are all so lovely! The hostel is a few minutes walk from the buses and is located almost in the woods; I loved it! The only downfall I found was the breakfast. There was only cereal and toast with coffee or tea for 4€. I would recommend bringing some food with you.

• 22nd Jun 2015

It was our first hostel experience and we loved it. The place is so charming and the staff are friendly. Really impressed with cleanliness and the common areas are beautiful and peaceful.

• 16th Jun 2015

Beautiful quiet setting adjacent to Killarney. Ideal location for Outdoors and Mountain hiking. Excellent kitchen and dining facilities.

One of our great life experiences

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

We like the location and facilities, but the breakfast was overly expensive for €4. We paid a few cents more in Cork and got a full breakfast of an egg, sausage, bacon, coffee/tea, and toast

• 12th Jun 2015

The big female dormitory was very cold, dump and stinky but in spite of my repeated requests, the employees did not put the heating. It was cold and dump outside, even in June ! The place by itself is quite pleasant, but far from the town center (5km) so if do not have your own car, you have too hitch-hike up to there ! The lounge is very nice and the kitchen and eating place are OK. The breakfast is OK.

The Hostel was located a little bit outside of Killarney Center. You need to walk like 8km until you're in the center. Nevertheless the Hostel is very nice and great for staying there and a even greater starting point for the Ring of Kerry!!! The staff was also very friendly and inviting!

2 out of 6 showers were working at the time of visit. Beds extremely uncomfortable & mattress stained my partner ended up sleeping on the floor. Stay don't create the best atmosphere .. The breakfast team acted like there cat just died.. No smiles no direction on how it worked.. Also quite a way out of town

Positives: Beautiful house, friendly and helpful staff, decent food, the living room was very comfy and homely Negatives: 6km from the town, no easy transportation options, my key card stopped working while I was there and I was locked out of my room whilst taking a shower - very embarrassed to have to ask a guest to get me a new key card.

Great atmosphere and beautuful setting. We felt really confortable and enjoyed our stay in Killarney. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they didn't mind answering our silly questions.

• 19th May 2015

. The house itself nedds to be renewed or at least re-painted. The facilities (showers, ...) weren't so clean. Atmosphere wan't what you can expect from such a place. Asking 4 euros for such a "breakfast" is a bt exagerated. We axperimented 5 different places during our week long trip, and this is clearly the one we wil not recommend.

• 5th May 2015

This hostel is a bit outside Killarney- this was no problem for us as we had a car, but if you're not driving then it might make getting around a bit difficult. We had two lovely nights cooking dinner and drinking wine by the open fireplace. Staff were super friendly and helped us organise a tour. Unfortunately there was some annual car-racing event on, which meant we were woken up at 3am by people doing burnouts. Obviously not the hostel's fault, but I hope Killarney stops holding that event.

The staff are really friendly:) All of them:) I remember one named Max, he is so helpful and friendly. Not to mention, he is really hot.

• 1st May 2015
  • China

Excellent hostel with friendly staff, knowledgeable about the local area. Good drying room. Wifi in common areas. Nice grounds and easy parking. Just out of town. Spacious common areas in heritage property

It's nice that they put on breakfast but I really needed to boil some eggs to travel with and they said no :-(

• 24th Apr 2015

This old mansion was very cool to call home for a few days. The staff is friendly and upgraded my group to a private room at no charge just because they had the extra space. Overall great experience here.

Very friendly greeting and chat with student volunteer from Germany, with her lovely spoken English. Big, spacious, rambling hostel, fires lit, clean kitchen, nice quiet atmosphere and very cheap!

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Wales

Loved staying at this hostel. There weren't many other guests at the time but that was a nice break. Our group walked the 1.5 hour walk from killarney to the hostel. We enjoyed it but most people should probably take the bus. The staff was really friendly! Also the surrounding area was beautiful!!!

• 8th Mar 2015