Kismet Dao Hostel Reviews

Neagoe Basarab no 8, Brasov, Romania

A lovely place to stay, with some of the most friendly, helpful staff I have encountered.

The staff is very helpful. They replied our email promptly regarding our stay and arrange us a day tour to peleis, bran castle and fortress which I highly recommend it. The guide is very patient and friendly. The hostel is not far to the main square as well and everything by walking distance.

I loved my stay there. The staff was super friendly, and I enjoyed to talk and share with them as well. The facilities are nice and clean, the doggy was super cute and friendly, and I enjoyed a lot to sit in the back yard feeling the rain with a cigarrette and a nice free beer of courtesy. With the most enjoyable company. Totally recomended!

All good, excellent location & friendly staff. Superb breakfast!

it was nice hostel but quiet a long distance from train station by walk.. and everytime I use hair dryer, I should ask to them for using dryer. its quiet annoying.. just let it somewhere so, everyone who want to use can use..

Easy to find. Great relaxed vibe, average breakfast cereal only. Wish I could say I slept but room 1 bed 5 is most comfortable. It has springs that make a lot of noise & are digging into your back. Others said they had a more comfortable bed. Only other comment is all the staff smoke all the time & the noise 11pm. The smoke comes into the dorms, you can not sit outside without someone next to you smoking. The staff is always talking loudly even at 7am with the cleaning lady

Great hostel with lots of character. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The place is comfortable and has good bathrooms and it's all very clean. They can organise a tour of Peles and Bran castles and the fortress near Bran as well, which I recommend. It's easy to get to from the train station (on a bus) and only about a 10 minute walk into the centre of the old town, five minutes to the edge.

I had a very pleasant stay at Kismet. The location is great, literally just 5 minutes walking from Republicii Street and Piata Sfatului. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Romania

Very nice atmosphere in this hostel. The staff is helpful and the rooms are nice. The only negative point would be the very limited amount of bathrooms. Bonus: one drink offered when you arrive ;)

Id stay here again. It's a few minutes further walk from the centre than some other hostels but worth it in my opinion

A good Hostel located close to all main sights, extremely good value with a basic breakfast of cereal and coffee. The staff were very helpful.

Friendly and helpful staff, a free drink each night, handy location. The property is as described in the info section. I recommend staying here.

we had a good stay at Kismet Dao. it's a very well run hostel.

Only passed through Brasov briefly but this hostel is a little gem. Quirky layout and decor and found it very sociable and with helpful and friendly staff. Would definitely go back again.

Nice place for backpackers. Everything was great, but location (which is not bad, but not great :)). Would recommend to stay here.

Good hostel with only 10 minutes walk to the center. Nice garden and good dorms with lockers. Lots of shower and free beer everyday :-) friendly and helpful staff also. Good place to stay in Brasov!

Overall, it is a good & functional place for short term stays at Brasov & hop-on/hop-off to the sights around Brasov region.

This is the go-to place in Brasov. The hostel is on a huge, old house with lots of character and close to the center of the old town. The staff is friendly and helpful. They offer spacious dorm rooms, comfortable beds, big lockers, a large, well-equipped kitchen, huge common spaces, and fast internet Wi-Fi. Plus a free bottled drink everyday.

The stay was great , the staff was friendly and helpful my entire stay! I loved having the dog there as well !

Staff was nice and helpful, but don't be surprised if you find ants in the bathroom and TV doesn't work. Bed sheets were of some plastic material (but clean) and "breakfast" only cerial and coffee/tea. That was very disappointing. They didn't have free beer either since a big group of Romanians had finished it, they said. The hostel was OK enough for a stay for one night but I wouldn't recommend it to my friends.