Kismet Dao Hostel Reviews

Neagoe Basarab no 8, Brasov, Romania

First of all, do not book this hostel using Hostelworld.com. Book with them directly. This hostel is not very far away from the historic town centre. It has a pretty good garden outside the hostel for people to relax. The hostel is clean and spacious. Good atmosphere for people to make friends. However, staffs are not friendly and hospitable. They are harsh when talking to me. I hope this can be improved in future.

I am really sorry for your bad experince with the staff, the person who checked you in was his first day , probably he was nervous about it...i will talk to all if them anyway and i do apologize for their behavior..

This hostel was pretty good and I would stay here again. They had plenty of showers and washrooms, three different common areas and a big kitchen. The rooms were also really nice and spacious. They had some strange kitchen rules. When cooking dinner a staff member came in and said if we weren't cooking dinner for the entire hostel we needed to close the door to the kitchen (which felt awkward). we were scolded for taking free coffee from the wrong pot... This was all only from one staff member.

Great hostel! Staff was very friendly and flexible. Free breakfast is also a plus.

very nice hostel clean not far from the old town, the staff is GREAT, and wifi is everywhere many bathrooms and showers. highly suggested :)

Friendly staff, free drinks, clean rooms.

Thanks for making my stay in Brasov one of my Coup-de-Coeur of my trip...keep up the good work :-)

If you travel alone this is the best place to go, superb hostel, extreem friendly and helpfull staff and lot of oppurtunities to meet other people and hang out together. I had here the best time during my vacation (travelling alone) and recommended to everyone!

Good hostel in a quiet location just a short walk from the city center. Good facilities with ample showers, good beds, fast internet and food & drinks available on site - including a free welcome drink and free daily cereal breakfast! It can be a bit of a party hostel and mornings can be crowded due to large groups of kids (at least when we were there), but the outside garden is a very pleasant addition nonetheless. Highly recommended for a stay in Brasov!

really lovely place with friendly staff and great atmosphere :)

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Austria

My friends and I really enjoyed this hostel. It had a homely feel to it, it was close to the old town and everything we needed. Would recommend to stay here.

Both my brother and I loved staying here. We back packed Europe for near a month and by far this was our favorite place to stay! It had a homey feel to it and was compact enough to engage the Great staff and helpful too.. the only bad thing about it is the neighbour who does not appreciate noise outside. But if that is the only bad thing to say about this place I think that says something.

We loved using the kitchen at this hostel! It created a great feeling of community. Hard to find a place to charge electronics sometimes but that is a minor inconvenience. Good central location close to a bus stop.

Its pretty good, staff are awesome, Judit is great! Sound location, pity there was a group of drunk 14 yr old scouts there though

Very nice hostel with spacious and comfortable rooms. Feels like home. The staff is very welcoming and friendly.

Great hostel to stay, relax, meet other travallers and explore both Brasov and Transylvania. It has all the facilities you could hope for and the staff was also very helpfull. Best place to stay in Brasov!

Very friendly and helpful staff. I recommend this hostel.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Very friendly and informative staff, near the old town. Breakfest was only serials but better than nothing :) Points for the free drink when arriving!

Very relaxed hostel with a nice atmosphere. Helpful staff and nice free beer on arrival.

A great place, felt just like home! I strongly recommend this hostel!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Romania

The hostel staff was very pleasant and provided some excellent suggestions.