Koala International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.58, Bei Hai Road, Tunxi District, Anhui Province, Huangshan, China

It is a bit pricey for Chinese standards of a good hostel, but that might be because apparently all shared rooms come with a washroom ensuite. They have a good amount of information available for going to the mountain, but I feel it could have been better. I had to pay 100rmb to a taxi driver to go back in the afternoon at 6:30pm because apparently buses stopped at 6pm, of course I am to blame but I just wish that the staff would have saved me of that by informing me better.

All in all the hostel was okay, but I missed the backpacking atmosphere you usually have at hostels. Most guests were from China. They were all nice and made me feel welcome but only very few spoke English and people didn't really sit together in the common area. Nice staff, good location to explore the surrounding area. Hard mattresses (just a piece of foam) but I got used to them rather quickly.

great location, steps from the Rway station. staff are decent, food in general was very average. their bus to the mountain is a great setup. only complaint I have is that a girl in my room got minorly electrocuted when she turned on her bed light and the whole hostel lost power... should probably check up on the electrical stuff, a bit shaky.

6 bed dorms were nice and clean, each bed very spacious, with a shelf, plug, light and locker. 2 minute walk to train station. bus station and airport not far by taxi. old town is a 30-40 minute walk. easy to get to huang shan from hostel, just walk to train station (across the street) and take a bus for 20rmb. staff very helpful, english level adequate.

We used this hostel as a base for mountain Hangshan and the staff was helpful and gave us good advice. They also booked our hotel on the mountain and kept our backpacks for 2 days. When returning from the mountain we bought the bus ticket for Shanghai at the hostel, since it was the same price as in the bus station, but it turned out not to be a public bus but instate it was a private bus, not at all comfortable.

The room is very nice and service very good Everyone can talk english which give us more easier to live and enjoying there so much

Staff was so great ! the atmosphere and the rooms are the best =) Also very clean... best bed in china