Koala International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.58, Bei Hai Road, Tunxi District, Anhui Province, Huangshan, China

the place is just outside of the train station so it's very convenient if you are traveling through china by train, though it's not in the city centre you can still easily get around by bus. The staff also helped me book my stay up on the mountain, which was nice, and they can also arrange ride to the mountain for a fee. Lastly, the whole hostel is covered in travellers' writing in their trip and travel tips, which created a great atmosphere

Really convenient by the train station, easy 15-20 min walk to the old part of town, staff speak excellent english and are always around to help. They provide a ride to Tangkou village near Huangshan mountain for 20 yuan, give you loads of information about Huangshan and book accommodation for you in advance in a dorm room (I paid 150 yuan). You can keep your bags with them at the mountain too, definitely stay here if you can.

It is a bit pricey for Chinese standards of a good hostel, but that might be because apparently all shared rooms come with a washroom ensuite. They have a good amount of information available for going to the mountain, but I feel it could have been better. I had to pay 100rmb to a taxi driver to go back in the afternoon at 6:30pm because apparently buses stopped at 6pm, of course I am to blame but I just wish that the staff would have saved me of that by informing me better.

All in all the hostel was okay, but I missed the backpacking atmosphere you usually have at hostels. Most guests were from China. They were all nice and made me feel welcome but only very few spoke English and people didn't really sit together in the common area. Nice staff, good location to explore the surrounding area. Hard mattresses (just a piece of foam) but I got used to them rather quickly.

great location, steps from the Rway station. staff are decent, food in general was very average. their bus to the mountain is a great setup. only complaint I have is that a girl in my room got minorly electrocuted when she turned on her bed light and the whole hostel lost power... should probably check up on the electrical stuff, a bit shaky.

6 bed dorms were nice and clean, each bed very spacious, with a shelf, plug, light and locker. 2 minute walk to train station. bus station and airport not far by taxi. old town is a 30-40 minute walk. easy to get to huang shan from hostel, just walk to train station (across the street) and take a bus for 20rmb. staff very helpful, english level adequate.