KulturBerlin - Icba Wasi Reviews

Avaroa 326, Sucre, Bolivia

A lovely hostel to stay in,right in the centre of town. Also a great place to learn Spanish. Amazing buffet breakfast, comfy beds, hot showers. Several areas to relax and socialise. All staff are very friendly and helpful. Good happy hour. The hostel offers free entertainment most nights. During my stay I did salsa dancing and on the Friday they had a local Bolivian band playing music and people in traditional clothes dancing, and after a disco in the courtyard which got everyone partying :)

Great hostel if not a little pricey. The Mathias (private) room is fantastic! - more like a private cottage (or retreat) with views out over a garden - but the bathroom needs a shower curtain! Breakfast is also great but would benefit from the addition of ham and cheese. Almost certainly the best hostel in Sucre (if you can afford it).

Great hostel. Very comfy beds and breakfast was more than satisfying. Hostel had a good atomosphere the weekend. Would recommend to others!

The breakfast was extraordinary for Bolivia, loads of fruits and good bread. The colonial style building is one of the nicest hostels i've seen so far. They even change sheets every day, haven't seen that in a hostel before! They are still renovating some areas, but it isn't really noisy. The bathrooms are ok, they seem to be the last thing they're gonna renovate. Across the board a really good price-benefit ratio!

Very beautiful and big place, with 3 gardens, a restaurent and a very good breakfast(with fruits, fresh juice, eggs and more)! Unfortunadly no kitchen. Big dorms with toilets, we would highly recommend this place!

I was coming early in the morning and i was allowed to go to the bed at 6 o clock in the morning, it was great. I stayed in the garden house it was so nice. I had lot of fun there and the staff was so nice. I am sure i wil come back.

Good hostel, great breakfast, slight concerns about security as desk regularly left unattended so anyone could walk in, dorms nice occasionally felt a bit like sleeping in a corridor.

Great hostel! Lots of backpackers to hang out with. Best breakfast ever!

Good café and restaurant. More toilets and mirrors would be nice.

• 10th Feb 2014

it's a new hostels, and some things are being finalized. Actually, The first problems is the security problems and the second is the bathroom and the shower (for n. Dormitories 1 shower room and 2 bathrooms are too few). However, it is under construction and I think it will be a good hostel (when complete the work)

I apologise the inconveniences these days we were really overbooked and the construction wasn't finished. Now we have already opened 2 new bathrooms. I am sorry that you didn`t feel safe in our hostel, however we really care about safety. We have 16 cameras on our site and the guest rooms are on a different level or patio so we really take care that non guest don`t enter these sections. We have security personal in big events. My family with 3 kids live also in the house. Thx Claus

Great atmosphere! Beautiful house! Great breakfast!

Kultur Berlin. Best stay on my trip so far! The single room was great to recover from the awesome party. Drinks are great and the restaurant serving yummy dishes bolivian and international. A la cart a big variety is offered. The included breakfast buffet is surprising the best hostel breakfast ever, its one you would expect only in a four or five star hotel. What else a big garden to relax, terracce and three courtyards... Visit Sucre? Stay there at Hostal Kultur Berlin.

Staff were rude and unhelpful, and the shower was blocked and dirty. Otherwise great food and nice environment. Internet was a little sketchy.

I would like to apologise that the shower seemed to be blocked this sunday you stayed and that the staff weren`t helpful this day. Cleanliness is very important to us. We also want to help our guests in everything and usually the staff is very responsive and of course they should also be very friendly. Thank you very much for your nice comment about the food and environment. Claus

Nice hostel with a good atmosphere. Friendly staff and the restaurant also serves nice food. However, there are lockers but security is not great as everybody can just walk in the main patio and go to the dorms. Also at the time of writing there was a lot of noise in the dorms starting already early in the morning as the cleaning ladies began too early and construction work was done in the hostel.

Very nice place with very nice people, great staff !! Had a perfect stay in KulturBerlin !!

The hostel has a good spread at breakfast. They have really helpful staff for booking busses etc and answering questions Good atmosphere..if you're not into it being noisy try to stay away from the centre balcony areas (larger dorms). You could hear everyone at night and the baby/ breakfast in the morning.

Thank you very much about your praise of our breakfast and travel agency. We are really proud of our breakfast and we give our best to help our guests in tours, buses and everything they need. By the way cleaning lady with her baby moved away so it is more quiet in the morning now. I was aware about the noise however it is basically impossible to find a job with a baby so I tolerated it since there is no father/ family who helps the young cleaning lady and she is really poor.

I stayed in a single with private bathroom and the bed was a bit tight. Taller people or people with high bed standards may want to check it first or choose a different room option. Otherwise, the building is amazing for a hostel and place is well run.

Originally planned to stay 3 nights but ended up staying for 2 weeks. The hostel is located in a restored colonial house with 3 beutiful inner gardens. The rooms are spacious and are cleaned everyday. Beds are made too every day. The bathrooms are very large and comfortable. klaus the owner is a very commited host and tries ti make you feel at home. The restsurnt has good and affordable dishes.. The best part about the hostal is the generous bouffet breakfast. There is also a nice hammock .

No security, there is a bar on site which is open to locals dorms dont lock so anyone could just walk in and take whatever they want. Staff average

Thank you very much for your comment. All dorms or private rooms are in a different patio or floor. All dorms have lockers. We carefullly watch that non-hostel people don't go up. We have 16 cameras installed at the property. We have security guards on special events. We had just one minor theft with in our 1 year history and aprox. 2500 hostel guests. I am very sorry that you feel somehow unsafe but we really care about security. I also live there with my 3 kids. Thanks Claus

Great location, easy walking distance from the middle of town and a short taxi ride from the bus station. The dorm room was big but there weren't enough bathrooms. The room wasn't locked and anyone can walk in but there were lockers. The breakfast was great!