KulturBerlin - Icba Wasi Reviews

Avaroa 326, Sucre, Bolivia

Nice hostel with its own bar and restaurant. Reception staff are nice. I would be concerned about security - it seems anyone can walk in to the hostel from the street. Just make sure you lock up your stuff. Also, if you need a half decent wifi connection for any reason look elsewhere. Must be the worst connection we found anywhere in South America unfortunately

The last days the Internet really sucked. Unfortunately this is out of our circle of influence. I am also upset about it. However I guarantee you we have the best internet connection you can get from the Bolivian telecommunication companies. Usually it is quit well. So please consider you are in Bolivia and do not give us so bad points in facility for the Internet (just a 1 out of 5!!) Security is also guaranteed we have 16 cameras on the property. Guests have a wrist band and we check a lot.

Great hostel !! Next to plaza and laundry facilities. Serves the best breakfast out of every hostel I've been in so far. Great value for the money and the tour staff is very resourceful and helpful. They've helped me rearrange bus tickets that I've purchased from other companies other than their own. The environment and atmosphere is chill, I only intended to stay for one night but loved the hostel too much so I extended my stay.

One of my favorite hostels in South America! I was in the room in the garden which is away from the noise at night. The garden was great with hammocks to relax. The breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurt, milk, cake, bread... So good! Great atmosphere and a cozy bar filled with people at night. Highly recommended!

Really enjoyed my private room in the garden. Getting a hot shower was not easy.

Maybe security could be improved here as anyone could walk into the bar area and then access the rooms. Apart from that, a great place to stay in Sucre. The breakfast is excellent and the owner is friendly and helpful. There is a big outdoor area at the back of the hostel with hammocks and there is plenty of space to relax outside. The wi fi is also pretty good. The beds are comfortable and are cleaned daily. The property needs more toliets but these are being constructed right now. Recommended.

Love this hostel. Breakfast is amazing. Rooms are really good size. Dorms and bathrooms are cleaned thoroughly each day. Good location. Great value for money.

There's laid back and there's unprofessional. The Canadian receptionist was the latter. It'd seem there's 2 managers to this hostel, one for rooms & toilets (mediocre; try to take a cold shower in Sucre at 7am...) and one for breakfast (superb). Strangely enough, it's a fine mixture of party vs quiet depending on where your room is. I took the farthermost single at the backyard, and you can indeed be waken up by 3 little birds by your doorstep, singing sweet songs of melodies pure and true...

My room was in the garden. Very nice. But they dont have more light in the back garden so sometimes very scary to go back the dark room.

Helpful staff. The two German speaking guys running it allowed me to use a PC to save photos from my camera memory card onto flash memory. I am very grateful for this as I was running out of memory on my camera

Amazing European vibe, and cute rooms. The included breakfast with fruits, breads, juice etc is amazing. The owner Klauss is a very friendly and helpful guy. Serious lack of showers so you have to wait in line and they are either ice cold or boiling hot. Wi-fi is not the best

Really good located nice Hostel. Especially the rooms in the backyard are great. Cool people and atmosphere. Hot showers are sometimes hard to get.

There was a very lively atmosphere at this hostel due to the bar being next door, and that did make for an enjoyable 2 night stay. Other positives included good wifi, an excellent breakfast and a short walk to most things you need. Areas to improve on would be better showers and more of them (the one in our dorm was poor and you often had to queue a while), more lockers (I couldn't get one near my dorm) and a more helpful tour desk but overall it's a good place to stay for a short while.

We have in all dorms as much lockes as beds. In addition we have additional lockers in the alleys and reception área. Sorry, that you could find a locker in your dorm. I suppose some guests blocked a locker when they were on a tour. This shouldn't happen. We are eager to help our guests in anything. Also our tour agency is usually very attentive and helpful. Thanks Claus

Very nice place, well decorated, with a beautiful garden at the back. The breakfast is perfect, the best one I've had during my trip in Bolivia, with fresh fruits and excellent coffee (very hard to find in Bolivia...). It's a pity that they put loud music in the courtyard until late, since the dorms are just above... Make sure you have earplugs with you if you need to go to bed quite early!

Quite big but still relaxed and cute hostel in Sucre. Nicely designed, with a good atmosphere. Excellent breakfast and restaurant, but no kitchen for guests. Bathroom for two dorms inside of one dorm, so quite noisy and annoying in the morning. The showers are ridiculous! No hammocks.

Thank you very much for your comments. We already improved the showers since we have a new Thermotank. We also have hammacks in the garden and in the second Patio upstairs. We are in continous improvemenr and always changing. We would like to be one of the best hostels in South America therefore we appreciate any comments and ideas from our guests.

Stayed in a private room in the lovely back garden. The large premise has several gardens and common areas. Also a bar and restaurant. Huge breakfast buffet maintained by the superb staff. Great value for money. Central location. Good vibes and place to meet people. Offers dance shows and live music. Connected to language school.

Excellent hostel

A lovely hostel to stay in,right in the centre of town. Also a great place to learn Spanish. Amazing buffet breakfast, comfy beds, hot showers. Several areas to relax and socialise. All staff are very friendly and helpful. Good happy hour. The hostel offers free entertainment most nights. During my stay I did salsa dancing and on the Friday they had a local Bolivian band playing music and people in traditional clothes dancing, and after a disco in the courtyard which got everyone partying :)

Great hostel if not a little pricey. The Mathias (private) room is fantastic! - more like a private cottage (or retreat) with views out over a garden - but the bathroom needs a shower curtain! Breakfast is also great but would benefit from the addition of ham and cheese. Almost certainly the best hostel in Sucre (if you can afford it).

We booked for 5 days and stayed 10. In this lovely city where backpackers tend to stick, KulturBerlin is a very nice basis. The courtyard invites all guests to socialise, activities are organised every night and the Spanish school that is recommended by the hostel is very good. If you want to be a little bit outside of the noise at night, make sure you book a room that is situated next to the second yard. The social chats that take place in the first, can last for hours. Best of both worlds!

Great hostel. Very comfy beds and breakfast was more than satisfying. Hostel had a good atomosphere the weekend. Would recommend to others!