KulturBerlin - Icba Wasi Reviews

Avaroa 326, Sucre, Bolivia

Good hostel only downside is there is no kitchen, although the food there is really good and cheap enough.. Would recommend Celtic cross hostel over here👍

We loved staying here! Breakfast is amazing! The rooms are very clean and the bar is nice. Its a good place to meet other travelers. One thing that could use improvement was the wifi connection.

• 5th Oct 2014

This was a friendly, comfortable hostel, and definitely the most beautiful place I've stayed in South America. The rooms are arranged on three levels around lovely courtyards, with many balconies and terraces, perfect for a lazy breakfast or a quiet talk in the evening. There are German touches throughout the hostel, from the large breakfast spread to the beers available at the bar. We were there on a quiet Sunday night and the bar was cozy rather than exciting, with good food and card games.

Brilliant hostel!! Stay here if you want central location, good atmosphere and the most delicious breakfast! Only complaint is the bathroom for private rooms is rubbish compared to that for the dorms, but the positives far outweigh this one minor negative. Amazing breakfast and the dorms are huge with lovely bathrooms (I stayed in a private then a dorm). Lovely courtyard for relaxing and meeting other travellers.

this is an excellent hostel, lots of common area to chill out, a good restaurant with excellent breakfast, however, only have a very small locker to store small things, I lost my important tool bag that need to repair my bicycle, so disappoint about this, the wifi signal only in the bar or reception office and always not working or very slowly, need to go to outside restaurant for better wifi.

very nice place to meet other travelers. They have a theme dinner every evening. Very close to the center of beautiful Sucre.

Excellent hostel, massive rooms and bathrooms, great bar, great staff, great location. The place to be in Sucre. Stay here.

This is a great place to meet other travellers and is close to the main square. They could do with a few more bathrooms though.

Great location, wonderful breakfast buffet, very helpful staff.

• 27th Jul 2014

Thank you very much for your comment. Great that you liked the location and the breakfast. We are proud on it. Claus

Booked a single room - it was in a garden, very nice during the day, horrible at night - it was very dark there. When I tripped over in the darkness and complained about the lack of light one of the staff said, there's light but they don't switch it on. Few bathrooms, enough for such a big hostal, and dirty. On the plus side: the best breakfast I had in Bolivia, pleasant restaurant/bar and very good atmosphere.

I am sorry that you felt incomfortable at night in the garden rooms. Somebody might have turned he light off but usually there are lights in the garden and they can be turned on immediately by everybody. The garden are so cool and gorgeous no guest should feel unsafe there. Cleaness is very important for us and has a high priority. We take your complaint very serious and I will even check more frequently during the day the bathrooms. Thanks Claus

Nice hostel with its own bar and restaurant. Reception staff are nice. I would be concerned about security - it seems anyone can walk in to the hostel from the street. Just make sure you lock up your stuff. Also, if you need a half decent wifi connection for any reason look elsewhere. Must be the worst connection we found anywhere in South America unfortunately

The last days the Internet really sucked. Unfortunately this is out of our circle of influence. I am also upset about it. However I guarantee you we have the best internet connection you can get from the Bolivian telecommunication companies. Usually it is quit well. So please consider you are in Bolivia and do not give us so bad points in facility for the Internet (just a 1 out of 5!!) Security is also guaranteed we have 16 cameras on the property. Guests have a wrist band and we check a lot.

Great hostel !! Next to plaza and laundry facilities. Serves the best breakfast out of every hostel I've been in so far. Great value for the money and the tour staff is very resourceful and helpful. They've helped me rearrange bus tickets that I've purchased from other companies other than their own. The environment and atmosphere is chill, I only intended to stay for one night but loved the hostel too much so I extended my stay.

One of my favorite hostels in South America! I was in the room in the garden which is away from the noise at night. The garden was great with hammocks to relax. The breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurt, milk, cake, bread... So good! Great atmosphere and a cozy bar filled with people at night. Highly recommended!

Really enjoyed my private room in the garden. Getting a hot shower was not easy.

Maybe security could be improved here as anyone could walk into the bar area and then access the rooms. Apart from that, a great place to stay in Sucre. The breakfast is excellent and the owner is friendly and helpful. There is a big outdoor area at the back of the hostel with hammocks and there is plenty of space to relax outside. The wi fi is also pretty good. The beds are comfortable and are cleaned daily. The property needs more toliets but these are being constructed right now. Recommended.

Love this hostel. Breakfast is amazing. Rooms are really good size. Dorms and bathrooms are cleaned thoroughly each day. Good location. Great value for money.

There's laid back and there's unprofessional. The Canadian receptionist was the latter. It'd seem there's 2 managers to this hostel, one for rooms & toilets (mediocre; try to take a cold shower in Sucre at 7am...) and one for breakfast (superb). Strangely enough, it's a fine mixture of party vs quiet depending on where your room is. I took the farthermost single at the backyard, and you can indeed be waken up by 3 little birds by your doorstep, singing sweet songs of melodies pure and true...

My room was in the garden. Very nice. But they dont have more light in the back garden so sometimes very scary to go back the dark room.

Helpful staff. The two German speaking guys running it allowed me to use a PC to save photos from my camera memory card onto flash memory. I am very grateful for this as I was running out of memory on my camera

Amazing European vibe, and cute rooms. The included breakfast with fruits, breads, juice etc is amazing. The owner Klauss is a very friendly and helpful guy. Serious lack of showers so you have to wait in line and they are either ice cold or boiling hot. Wi-fi is not the best