KulturBerlin - Icba Wasi Reviews

Avaroa 326, Sucre, Bolivia

Nothing special at all. Good breakfast though. They need to hire some backpackers to work here and have some evening events to get the atmosphere up. Nice place, not much 'going on'. Great location though and I met some great people!

This was a nice hostel that could use a few improvements. Great location only a couple of blocks from the main square. The guy at the front desk who thinks hes too cool for school could do with an attitude check. Breakfast was pretty decent. Lunch was super slow (1 hour) for the set menu but good and filling. Dorms are spacious. Could use more showers (2 we found) and more plugs to charge your stuff! The double wasn't worth the money, smelt of sewage.

Perfect - Would not stay in any other place.

I would have to say one of the nicest hostels i have stayed at. Im not one to leave comments for reviews but this hostel was an exception. From the amazing breakfasts, with so much fruit and waffles, to the hammocks and green space to chill, to the amazing layout and the fact that we had our beds made every day and also the really hot showers. Only small critique was the wifi could of been a little better but compared to the rest of bolivia its fine

Awesome place! I planned on staying in Sucre only a few nights, and I ended up staying 2 weeks, because of the incredibly friendly staff, the atmosphere, the great food, the activities that are being organised, and the bar attached to the hostel. As a solo traveler it was easy to find nice people to do all kinds of activities with. But there´s plenty of room to withdraw from the other travelers if you need a bit of zen. I can highly recommend this place!

• 22nd Nov 2014

Stay there! The breakfast is amazing and you will find nice party people there on the one hand and on the other hand you can relax and study in the garden. love it :)

Good hostel only downside is there is no kitchen, although the food there is really good and cheap enough.. Would recommend Celtic cross hostel over here👍

A good place to stay! We booked for a dorm but for some problems it was full when we arrived so they'll gave us a private for the same price, very fair from them!

We loved staying here! Breakfast is amazing! The rooms are very clean and the bar is nice. Its a good place to meet other travelers. One thing that could use improvement was the wifi connection.

• 5th Oct 2014

Was one of the best hostels I've stayed in South America. Warm showers, great staff, good vibe with a few more drinks on the weekend. Overall a very clean hostel and the owner went out of his way to help us get the AFL grand final on. Good place to do spanish too.

This was a friendly, comfortable hostel, and definitely the most beautiful place I've stayed in South America. The rooms are arranged on three levels around lovely courtyards, with many balconies and terraces, perfect for a lazy breakfast or a quiet talk in the evening. There are German touches throughout the hostel, from the large breakfast spread to the beers available at the bar. We were there on a quiet Sunday night and the bar was cozy rather than exciting, with good food and card games.

Brilliant hostel!! Stay here if you want central location, good atmosphere and the most delicious breakfast! Only complaint is the bathroom for private rooms is rubbish compared to that for the dorms, but the positives far outweigh this one minor negative. Amazing breakfast and the dorms are huge with lovely bathrooms (I stayed in a private then a dorm). Lovely courtyard for relaxing and meeting other travellers.

this is an excellent hostel, lots of common area to chill out, a good restaurant with excellent breakfast, however, only have a very small locker to store small things, I lost my important tool bag that need to repair my bicycle, so disappoint about this, the wifi signal only in the bar or reception office and always not working or very slowly, need to go to outside restaurant for better wifi.

very nice place to meet other travelers. They have a theme dinner every evening. Very close to the center of beautiful Sucre.

Excellent hostel, massive rooms and bathrooms, great bar, great staff, great location. The place to be in Sucre. Stay here.

This is a great place to meet other travellers and is close to the main square. They could do with a few more bathrooms though.

Great location, wonderful breakfast buffet, very helpful staff.

• 27th Jul 2014

Thank you very much for your comment. Great that you liked the location and the breakfast. We are proud on it. Claus

Booked a single room - it was in a garden, very nice during the day, horrible at night - it was very dark there. When I tripped over in the darkness and complained about the lack of light one of the staff said, there's light but they don't switch it on. Few bathrooms, enough for such a big hostal, and dirty. On the plus side: the best breakfast I had in Bolivia, pleasant restaurant/bar and very good atmosphere.

I am sorry that you felt incomfortable at night in the garden rooms. Somebody might have turned he light off but usually there are lights in the garden and they can be turned on immediately by everybody. The garden are so cool and gorgeous no guest should feel unsafe there. Cleaness is very important for us and has a high priority. We take your complaint very serious and I will even check more frequently during the day the bathrooms. Thanks Claus

Nice hostel with its own bar and restaurant. Reception staff are nice. I would be concerned about security - it seems anyone can walk in to the hostel from the street. Just make sure you lock up your stuff. Also, if you need a half decent wifi connection for any reason look elsewhere. Must be the worst connection we found anywhere in South America unfortunately

The last days the Internet really sucked. Unfortunately this is out of our circle of influence. I am also upset about it. However I guarantee you we have the best internet connection you can get from the Bolivian telecommunication companies. Usually it is quit well. So please consider you are in Bolivia and do not give us so bad points in facility for the Internet (just a 1 out of 5!!) Security is also guaranteed we have 16 cameras on the property. Guests have a wrist band and we check a lot.

Great hostel !! Next to plaza and laundry facilities. Serves the best breakfast out of every hostel I've been in so far. Great value for the money and the tour staff is very resourceful and helpful. They've helped me rearrange bus tickets that I've purchased from other companies other than their own. The environment and atmosphere is chill, I only intended to stay for one night but loved the hostel too much so I extended my stay.