5.7
Rating 953 Total Reviews
5.7
Rating 953 Total Reviews
La Belle Planete Backpacker Hostel Downtown Quebec Located at 386 du pont, Downtown Quebec, Quebec.
Canada

• rblais5
  • Canada, Male, 41+
13th Sep 2016
2.0

No flexibility for transportation breakdown. If you don't cancel within 48 hrs as per policy there is no flexibility for any unforeseen event. I was on my way to the hostel on my motorcycle from Sainte John NB when my bike broke down. Lost the clutch in early morning, called the hostel immediately to cancel room but the cost still showed up on my credit card. Called to explain but the guy at the reception desk was totally inflexible with all kinds of snotty remarks and then he hung up on me.

• Brazil, Female, 31-40
3rd Sep 2016
4.3

- lack of cleaning of the common environment; - Very dirty bathroom; - Lack of toilet paper in the bathroom.

• Iran, Female, 31-40
3rd Sep 2016
4.9

There was small locker in each room with no lock, so we should have had our own locks. On its website it was indicated that the breakfast is included which wasn't. It was on a very noisy street that every night there where noisy people shouting and laughing on the street until 2- 3 a.m. The washrooms didn't have a ventilation system and the quality of soaps was a disaster. The reception was really a mess and it seems they do not care about the tidiness at all. 31$ per night was too much for it.

• Australia, Female, 41+
24th Aug 2016
3.4

Bathrooms tiny always wet, rooms internal with windows looking into back dining area so couldn't open curtains and hence very stifling. Entry hard to find, cluttered and dirty looking. Worst backpackers I've seen in Canada. Female stafff friendly but large male grumpy. Quebec though is a fantastic city and people everywhere really friendly. I had a great time thanks to all the help and friendship given to me. Fireworks, free circus and down town lights wonderful

• Holdol82
  • Australia, Couple, 31-40
22nd Aug 2016

The hostel is in a great location, 10 min walk to everything. The staff were friendly and helpful. If you're a little noise sensitive, ask for a room at the back of the hostel as the Karaoke bar across the road can be loud. Overall a cool place to stay.

9th Aug 2016
2.9

The main issue was cleanliness, or lack thereof. I stayed for 3 nights but never was asked whether I needed new sheets. I am still scratching the various spots on my body stung by creatures yet unknown to me. The staff told me I could leave my big backpack there after checkout to come collect it later, but the guy then went against his word and told me to go leave my extra bag at the train station. Communication and the desire to help was close to zero.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
20th Jul 2016
5.1

I couldn't check in on when I arrived, even though it was after three. It smelt so bad I didn't even come back, I went for a coffee and booked another hostel...

• USA, Male, 25-30
16th Jul 2016
4.0

Where do I start with this place... There is a nauseating odor that permeates the first floor, the pillows are plastic with a bit of fluff inside, the mattresses are rock-hard, and the bunk beds are so shaky. Not to mention the bathrooms and showers, which are tiny and did not appear to have been cleaned throughout the duration of my stay. The worst part of this hostel, however, is the shady bar across the street. I was kept up by screaming, rapping, and even ukulele playing every single night.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Jul 2016
4.9

The only good thing about this hostel was the location. Extremely uncomfortable beds/pillows, ridiculously small bathrooms, bad atmosphere.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th May 2016
6.9

There is a tokyo bar right across the street - people were out there fighting in the street until 4 am. The rooms are typical hostel rooms. The bathroom is extremely small. The location is okay, but walking around quebec city is fine. There is only free parking on the weekends on the street beside the hostel. Check in is only at 3pm. You cannot enter the hostel before then... The doors lock at 9 pm and there is a code to get inside after that.