La Belle Planete Backpacker Hostel Downtown Quebec Reviews

386 du pont, Downtown Quebec, Quebec, Canada

I really loved the decoration. :)

• 6th Nov 2014

The hospitality of Pierre, Skippy and Bobby was very inviting. It was helpful to share converstion and learn about Quebec and Canada.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

La Belle Planete Backpacker was a great place to stay. Very close to the train station, and an easy walk down the promenade to the old city by the port, or up to the old city proper. Fairly quiet at night, good restaurants and a grocery store close by. Excellent wifi connection, and they had a place to leave my bags the day I had to check out.

• 1st Oct 2014

The guy wasn't quite welcoming, and he wasn't there at times when he should have been (still nobody at 9:45am when it was supposed to open at 9). Just two toilets for at least two dormitories, and the bathrooms are not practical at all (nowhere to put your things). The security wasn't great: the front door remained open all night.

• 27th Sep 2014

Bonjour madame nous avons 6 salle de bain 20 caméra ce que vous voyez ne représente

Room was very basic for the price and the outlets did not even work. The comforter on the bed was really dirty and worn.

They need to clean up hard in this hostel.

They said that breakfast is included but its just some old food in the fridge. I locked my door and went to old Quebec, when I came back my door was OPEN. I complained to the hostel's owner (I think his name is Pierre) but he didn't do anything. Nothing was stolen, HOWEVER It could have happened. That's my tip: DON'T STAY IN THIS PLACE.

• 25th Aug 2014

No key for the room Booked female dorm,got mixed dorm (without being asked!!) Not enough washrooms housedog pooed on the terasse

• 15th Aug 2014

First night I was there, my room wasn't ready. Instead of compensating me with a better room I got a worse category (and I know that two double bed rooms were available that night). Staff is too relaxed for me. They do everything with minimum effort - that is how it seemed.

did a reservation at the hostel la belle planete in Quebec, from july 30 until august 1. I choosed a private room for me and my girlfriend. When we arrived in the hostel, we payed all days then we went to search our room. But for our surprise, there wasnt anyroom. Just a tent outside and little space with two beds and the both didnt has any key or locker. Was impossible stay in a place like that, no security, no clean and no room. I tried to recovery at list a part of my money, but the owner

• 30th Jul 2014

It doesn't include breakfast and it supposes it does. Dirty and just one toilet. I just saw the staff in the bar and never cleaning the rooms The place is good and the restaurant- bar is good.

Worst hostel experience so far! 8 bed dorm was so small - no room to move or put your belongings

• 17th Jul 2014

Good hostel. The people there are welcoming and give good advices. The dog is nevertheless awful!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

The Hostel was really good, the localization was amazing adn also the security! I satyed five days and I felt comfortable place! I recommend.

• 9th Jul 2014

We have been cheated and abused. We have been verbally assaulted and threw us pushed. If you trust in these kind of people, you could lose your money and sleep outside. They treat people worse than animals. Luck if you try.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Spain

I will definitely come back the next time I visit Quebec City.

• 4th Jul 2014

For a hostel in Canada, Belle Planete DID NOT meet my expectations. Paid extra for a double bed- all private rms are twin bunk bed with a single up top. Beds were noisy (in addition to street noise -drugs addicts/drunks), and along with the hard plastic mattress, extremely uncomfortable (4hrs sleep/night). Toilets were dingy, and some showers not working. And no bins in the rms. Don’t expect to cook, the oven/stove is out of order. The fridge is warm and smelly, and the countertops are filthy!

• 24th Jun 2014

It is necessary to bring own lock to keep the things in the box. Location is close to the old town, for the backpackers very good location. The meals are not included into the price, however, are available in the restaurant in house. There is no public transportation from the airport to the city, and only taxi can be used. For the way to the airport the transportation is available for significantly cheaper price by hostel owner. Jaroslav.