5.8
Rating 944 Total Reviews
5.8
Rating 944 Total Reviews
La Belle Planete Backpacker Hostel Downtown Quebec Located at 386 du pont, Downtown Quebec, Quebec.
Canada
Quebec Quebec G1K 6m7 386 du pont, Downtown Quebec
58% 944
46.8156092 -71.2210681
    Rooms available

• Holdol82
  • Australia, Couple, 31-40
22nd Aug 2016

The hostel is in a great location, 10 min walk to everything. The staff were friendly and helpful. If you're a little noise sensitive, ask for a room at the back of the hostel as the Karaoke bar across the road can be loud. Overall a cool place to stay.

9th Aug 2016
2.9

The main issue was cleanliness, or lack thereof. I stayed for 3 nights but never was asked whether I needed new sheets. I am still scratching the various spots on my body stung by creatures yet unknown to me. The staff told me I could leave my big backpack there after checkout to come collect it later, but the guy then went against his word and told me to go leave my extra bag at the train station. Communication and the desire to help was close to zero.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
20th Jul 2016
5.1

I couldn't check in on when I arrived, even though it was after three. It smelt so bad I didn't even come back, I went for a coffee and booked another hostel...

• USA, Male, 25-30
16th Jul 2016
4.0

Where do I start with this place... There is a nauseating odor that permeates the first floor, the pillows are plastic with a bit of fluff inside, the mattresses are rock-hard, and the bunk beds are so shaky. Not to mention the bathrooms and showers, which are tiny and did not appear to have been cleaned throughout the duration of my stay. The worst part of this hostel, however, is the shady bar across the street. I was kept up by screaming, rapping, and even ukulele playing every single night.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Jul 2016
4.9

The only good thing about this hostel was the location. Extremely uncomfortable beds/pillows, ridiculously small bathrooms, bad atmosphere.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th May 2016
6.9

There is a tokyo bar right across the street - people were out there fighting in the street until 4 am. The rooms are typical hostel rooms. The bathroom is extremely small. The location is okay, but walking around quebec city is fine. There is only free parking on the weekends on the street beside the hostel. Check in is only at 3pm. You cannot enter the hostel before then... The doors lock at 9 pm and there is a code to get inside after that.

• Brazil, Male, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016
4.9

First of all, it was one of the cheap options in Quebec city, bear in mind that. -Even though it was -4 Celsius outside, no one ever turned the heating on. -bathrooms were disgustingly dirty, now, men usually can deal with it, but women wouldn't stand this. -at the hostel world website there is the information that there is breakfast...which there isn't. On my second day there, someone put ONE bread loaf on the sink, and nothing more. Nope, no coffee, no milk, no butter. Only bread.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
16th Mar 2016
2.0

Arrived at La Belle Planete Hostel at 11pm after driving all day to get there. My friends and I were exhausted and wanted to sleep. We had booked the hostel for two days and already paid the deposit. We rang the bell and a speaker spoke. We said we were checking in. The man on the other side of the intercom said "check in closed at 9pm, you can't come in." In a condescending voice and hung up. He kept the door locked and didn't answer the bell or his phone.We then had to book a hotel across