La Belle Planete Backpacker Hostel Downtown Quebec Reviews

386 du pont, Downtown Quebec, Quebec, Canada

No key for the room Booked female dorm,got mixed dorm (without being asked!!) Not enough washrooms housedog pooed on the terasse

• 15th Aug 2014

did a reservation at the hostel la belle planete in Quebec, from july 30 until august 1. I choosed a private room for me and my girlfriend. When we arrived in the hostel, we payed all days then we went to search our room. But for our surprise, there wasnt anyroom. Just a tent outside and little space with two beds and the both didnt has any key or locker. Was impossible stay in a place like that, no security, no clean and no room. I tried to recovery at list a part of my money, but the owner

• 30th Jul 2014

It doesn't include breakfast and it supposes it does. Dirty and just one toilet. I just saw the staff in the bar and never cleaning the rooms The place is good and the restaurant- bar is good.

Worst hostel experience so far! 8 bed dorm was so small - no room to move or put your belongings

• 17th Jul 2014

il faut pas venir durant le festival d été petite prncesse nous sommes toujours plein sinon il y a le chateau frontenac mais pour ca il faut faire des bassesses que vous n'étiez peut etre pas prete a faire soit payer plus chere les mouches ont toujours le vinaigre et les vrai princesses ont le champagne ...

Good hostel. The people there are welcoming and give good advices. The dog is nevertheless awful!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

The Hostel was really good, the localization was amazing adn also the security! I satyed five days and I felt comfortable place! I recommend.

• 9th Jul 2014

We have been cheated and abused. We have been verbally assaulted and threw us pushed. If you trust in these kind of people, you could lose your money and sleep outside. They treat people worse than animals. Luck if you try.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Pauvre vous vousetes arrivee tres tard et ce durant le festival d été vous n avez respecter aucun reglements et vous vous etes comporter comme de vrai colons vos 4 filles nous hurlaient apres que dire de plus ensuite voius avez mentit a hostelworld et vous vous etes faite prendre cest pour cela qu ils e=int charger le nuitée qunad meme voius etes arrives a22h38

I will definitely come back the next time I visit Quebec City.

• 4th Jul 2014

For a hostel in Canada, Belle Planete DID NOT meet my expectations. Paid extra for a double bed- all private rms are twin bunk bed with a single up top. Beds were noisy (in addition to street noise -drugs addicts/drunks), and along with the hard plastic mattress, extremely uncomfortable (4hrs sleep/night). Toilets were dingy, and some showers not working. And no bins in the rms. Don’t expect to cook, the oven/stove is out of order. The fridge is warm and smelly, and the countertops are filthy!

• 24th Jun 2014

It is necessary to bring own lock to keep the things in the box. Location is close to the old town, for the backpackers very good location. The meals are not included into the price, however, are available in the restaurant in house. There is no public transportation from the airport to the city, and only taxi can be used. For the way to the airport the transportation is available for significantly cheaper price by hostel owner. Jaroslav.

I've stayed at a number of hostels in Quebec, the USA, and in Europe and I can say that this hostel has the worst manager I've ever seen. He admitted to going into our locked rooms and taking our alcohol that was not even to be consumed in the hostel and his response was that he would call the police cause alcohol is not allowed in hostels. (?????) He also demanded we pay the HostelBooking fee to him (so we paid extra) and would not let us in otherwise. Don't stay here out of principle.

• 24th May 2014

THE lw in QUébec province say you can not have uunmarked alcool in the hostel we told you 2 times and you stillcomsume alcool in the hoste l secondo you VANDAISE THE CAera system THAT WHY WE EXPULSE YOU AFTER THAT TOO STUPID YOU SLEEPT IN YOUR CAR IN FROM OF A NO PARKING AND FORBGET YOUR KEYS IN THE CAR CAN YOU BE MORE STUPID THEN THAT HEY DONT FOGET IN A RED LIGHT AND SHIT IN THE BOLW

Great location, decent facilities and definitely a nice price. But kinda sketchy too; the front door was left open well past the time it was supposed to be locked at night. Certainly not the best beds but then for $20 a night one can't really complain. I'd certainly consider it again if I was looking for a cheap place to stay in Quebec City but I'd bring earplugs!

Nice hostel for its price! Matresses are covered in plastic, rooms are tiny. Service is kind of bad. We got our beds and went out again, when we came back three hours later our beds were taken but luckily some other beds were free. So cover your beds immediately after check-in! Bathrooms are very small aswell but clean. In the whole hostel you are not allowed to drink alcohol. we were there for one night, so it was fine. Dont want to stay there longer

I didn't like this hostel for 3 reasons: - Staff extremely rude - A lot of internal rules never seen in hostels around the world (ex. you can't drink your own alcoholic beverage unless you buy at bar of the same owner of the hostel). - The hostel is not clean. I didn't recommend!

The staff didn't notice my booking when we arrive. There was no smile or no "welcome in our town" when we arrive.

• 16th May 2014

ici on parle francais c est pourquoi on vous a accueillit en disant bonjour et niemvenue a Québec en vous expliquant tout tles details et endrroit a visiter

Owner of the hostel was really unfriendly...

• 9th May 2014

The bed are not really confortable and the place is a bit creepy

• 24th Apr 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff is really welcoming and advicing and the hostel itself possesses a familiary atmosphere - recommendable for everyone backpacking Canada.

staff is very very unfriendly.

• 21st Mar 2014

Staff is unfriendly. You can't lock the door for the rooms. Here at hostel world is the information that one night is 14 or 15 bucks but when you're arriving you have to pay 20 bucks. And the deposit online. Don't go there!

• 25th Feb 2014

Tou took the reservation for 2 days minimum so its not the same price and yoiu were to stupid to lock the doors