La Casa Mata Central Reviews

Calle Molinillo del Aceite 8, Malaga, Andalucia, Spain

I stayed in La Casa Mata last Saturday and I was really impressed with the facilities. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The room I had was lovely! All kitted out with Ikea furnishings, it was clean and modern and perfect for an overnight stay. The hostel in a typical andalucian house and located in a beautiful little side street just off one of the main streets of Malaga, so it's quiet, but if you want to grab something to eat, there's plenty of amazing bars and restaurants nearby.

Although the single room was very small it was perfectly adequate. The shared bathroom facilities were good but perhaps too may people using them.

Clean room, nice staff!!! Highly recommend !!

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Taiwan

very nice hostel in the centre of Malaga. I wished I could have been longer than a night.

Hostels should have kitchen facilities and use of the internet as well as lounge to meet others.

Great location and good welcome too I loved Malaga

We stayed in a private room here and it was nice - spacious, clean, secure, and well located. There was not much socializing with other guests, and the atmosphere was just quiet, but everything else was good.

It was a good hostel. Only problem there was no heating in the room. But on the other hand they had a very warm dune feather blanket which worked fine during the night. The hostel is a bit of a walk from the bus station but quite near the metro station of Malaga Alameda central. There was a good size kitchen. The staff was helpful and polite. Good value for money.

The staff were wonderful. Had a lovely stay and the hostel looks great too.

The guy that was working there was very friendly. He let me check in early, and he told me about all of the places that I could visit in the area. I would definitely recommend this place to visitors who are on a budget.

La casa mata is situated in a small quiet street so nothing disturb you during your stay:) It is just 5 minutes from the main shopping street and all historical places. Rooms are super cozy with beautiful furniture, there is a full equiped kitchen so you can cook whatever you want. There is a tea, coffee and spices so you dont need to buy your own:) Only one thing which sometimes made us crazy was one bathroom shared with toilet. We were there during winter -no heating there but sheet was warm:)

Unfortunately only one bathroom /Loo between 7 rooms, ended up queuing when ever we went to the Loo, which can be extremely uncomfortable first thing in the morning. Nice friendly staff and it has a kitchen which was a plus.

I do appreciate that the hostel is equipped with a kitchen including fridge, water boiler, microwave and a washing machine. Safety box in the room, and close to the old town makes it good value for the money.

The staff members were very welcoming and helpful and answered all my questions.

View all Malaga Bed and Breakfasts