La Posada del Kuraka Reviews

Puente Grau #110, Arequipa, Peru

A great place to stay in Arequipa.

My room and bath were fine, but I inadvertently locked myself out because I wasn't told how to operate the key. There wasn't really any good place to hang out, since the manager (who was very friendly and helpful otherwise) was usually talking on the phone or entertaining in the common area. Theocation is a few blocks from both the plaza and monastery.

We stayed here for 7 nights and we loved it. The place has a lovely owner, Jose, who will do anything for you. Rest of the staff is nice too. Jose lets us move room without doubt. The wifi is OK, but the computer is good and fast. Always hot water. The rooms are basic but nice, and some have TVs. There is a small kitchen, where you can make the basic cooking. There is a cozy roofterrace, with nice views over the city and to the El Misti volkano. Would absolutely stay here again!

Excellent, one of the best hostels we've stayed in our 5 months travelling, has everything you'd need. The owner, Jose, is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Stay here!

I was in Arequipa for an extended stay and was sure glad I found La Posada del Kuraka. Jose and all the staff made me feel at home. Great experience!

• 10th Mar 2014

The owner is the best! He always said "when you are happy, I am happy" - and we must say that he did everything in the world to make us happy. More than you could ever expect. I got the altitude sickness in Colca so I did not feel well during our stay. He kept asking how I was feeling, told us where to find an english speaking doctor and made us Coca tea for the room. This hostel only got a small community area but you can still easily make your own food or watch tv. Stay there!!

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Denmark

Just next to one of the main roads and only 7 Minutes to the plaza de armas. Staff is really helpful, nice and funny. Hot shower and laundry service is good. Good place to stay in Arequipa.

Really good time, Jose was amazing Would return there

Great place to stay- close to many good restaurants in Arequipa and a short walk to the main square. The owner, Jose, is fantastic and gave us great tips in town and helped us find a great tour agency for our Colca Canyon trip. Private rooms are spacious and are cleaned daily. We got into Arequipa at 8am after a sleepness night on a bus and they let us check in immediately, without charging us for an extra night- it was much appreciated!!

The hostel is in a good location- a short walk to the Plaza and close to a number of restaurants. The facilities at the hostel are fairly basic and the kitchen is quite small, but it does have a simple roof terrace. The real gem of this hostel is the owner. We have been travelling for a year and the hostel owner is by far the most friendly, helpful and enthusiasic hostel owner we have met on our trip. We could not have asked for more from him- a real home from home.

I had single private with ensuite. It was fine. Comfortable bed and lots of hot water. Not really a hostel atmosphere. Kitchen was tiny, no dining area. No breakfast. Rooftop terrace was nice but could be improved. Friendly staff. If you are looking for a quiet place this is a good option.

Ecellent stay, we went back to the same place after visiting the canyon. Excellent rooms, good shower, friendly staff, superb terrace with a view and fasr laundry service

the hostel is absolutly great!!!!!! located in the center of arequipa & the lovely staffworker were helping us for everything!! nice roofterrace & the rooms with bathrooms were really clean!!! thumps up for this hostel!!

Super friendly owner with great tips. Hostel is a very nice place.

The personal service that we received from the owner/manager really exceeded by far what one can reasonably expect. Jose not only greeted us with true friendliness, but permitted us to stay until the evening for a very reasonable additional fee, did not hold it against us when we could not arrive for the first night, phoned a taxi to take us to the bus station, happily provided information about where to go, etc, etc.

• 12th Jan 2014
  • South Africa
  • Couple, 41+

La posada del Kuraka is ideal for a stay in Arequipa. It is close to the historical centre and to Plaza de armas (10min. Walking) as well as to the modern part of Arequipa (15min. Walking). Jose, the manager, is always present and really helpful. He is there at night as well and opens the door for the residents. The hostal has a little kitchen you can use and a fridge. The only downside for some people may be that there is no breakfast available.

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Belgium

Very good hostel, clean and quite and it is located very close to historic quarter. Jose, the host is the best, very friendly and nice.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Chile

I absolutely loved it here. The owner was so sweet and helpful. I arrived at the hostel feeling sick and he offered to make me tea and even checked on me later that day. The area is perfectly safe and is right next to the monestary (a main attraction) and lots if cafes and the restaurant that has been voted the best in Arequipa. Stayed for about three nights and is would absolutely stay here again if I come back to Arequipa. Great place and such nice people!

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Democratic Rep. of Congo

Myself and 2 friends stayed at this hostel before heading off into the Colca Canyon. On our return, the owner gave us a room to shower and to change before we headed off to the bus station. Our triple bed room didn't have a locker but the owner was very much in evidence so we felt confident that there would be nobody around who shouldn't have been around. The owner was one of the happiest friendliest hostel owners that I have ever met - and I am so sorry that I didn't make a note of his name

The best hostel in Peru! We would stay there longer if only we had time. The owner Jose is wery fllexible, we could leave our luggage in the room during our Colca trip, and he would move it to another room if ours would be reserved. He helped us choose the agency for Colca, and gave us all info we needed about Arequipa. Clean rooms, great location for great price. We would deffinetely come back and recomend it to anybody!

View all Arequipa Bed and Breakfasts