La Posada del Kuraka Reviews

Puente Grau #110, Arequipa, Peru

Jose was a nice guy and speak english. he emailed us before we even get there. He helpepd us planning/booking tours. We had a very nice room and warm/hot shower! No breakfast but at the street there are plenty places to buy bread or take a bf. We can really recommend this place for good price and good location just a view blocks away from the disco's and bars.

This is a really nice place to stay, close to the Monasterio, and just a few blocks from Plaza de Armas. Owner Jose is very friendly and accomodating. Rooms are ok, the floors are a bit dusty though. But for this price I think you could hardly find a better place...

The hostel owner is seriously the happiest, friendliest guy on the planet. Super nice, lets you leave your luggage there if you go on the 2 day Colca Canyon trek. Easy walk to the central plaza (and there's a delicious crepe place you should eat at on the way), clean rooms and super affordable. The only possible downside is there's no breakfast, but Arequipa is full of good food options. There's even an adorable fluffy dog!

We had a very nice stay at 'La Posada del Kuraka'. The owner of the hostel, José, is such a good host and will do everything to make you feel at home in Arequipa. Unfortunately, I got sick during my stay. José constantly checked if I felt any better and made me some maté de coca (which helped a lot!) I strongly recommend this hostel! Even when you'd get sick, you'll enjoy your stay!

Amazing views from the roof, especially at sunset.

• 4th Oct 2014