La Villa Francaise Reviews

Rua Recife,222 Jardim Brasil-Barra, Salvador, Brazil

My 13 years old son and I spent 4 night at La Villa Francaise. This a wonderful guesthouse, Stephanie, Nathalie and their daughter make us feel very welcomed and comfortable. Stephanie took the time to write down and gave us detailed information what to see and how to get there. The guesthouse with very clean comfortable and well run. I would be happy to recommend this place!

• 31st Mar 2015

Lovely hostel in Barra area of Salvador, owner very nice and helpful with recommendations for eating and organising transport.

Positive: Located on a safe, quiet, residential street less than ten minutes from several markets, restaurants/bars, and the beach. The family that owns it is very friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast is simple but good (coffee, tea, fruit, various breads and cakes). Everything is really clean and comfortable. Negative: It's pretty quiet at night. It seems to cater to people traveling with partners/friends and doesn't seem like it would be a good place for solo travelers to meet people.

We had a fantastic stay at La Ville Francaise. Stephanie and Nathalie are wonderful hosts - very kind and helpful. The breakfast is very good and the hostel is a 5 minute walk to the main beach in Salvador which is really nice. It's located super close to the main bus route. The resident doggies are an added bonus - Lola, Yogi and Canele are a lovable trio of pooches. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Great location, within easy walking distance to the main promenade (Avenida Oceanica), supermarket nearby, quiet street. Fantastic owners - super kind and helpful.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Poland

A wonderful place to stay - I strongly recommend staying here. Stephanie is lovely and puts on one of the best breakfasts you ask for. The hostel is very clean - cleaned every day. The location is very near the beach and easy enough to get to the Pelourinho by bus. I'd recommend staying in barra area because you are right by the beach, safer, but also easy to get into the centre. Pousada Francaise is relaxed, comfortable, and made my stay in Salvador better.

• 14th Dec 2014

This place was excellent! One of my favorite stays on our long trip abroad. The family that owns this place is just lovely and the facilities and rooms are adorable and very comfortable. I highly recommend this place to everybody!

View all Salvador Bed and Breakfasts