Lahinch Hostel Reviews

Church Street, Clare, Lahinch, Ireland

Great location, right next to the beach and great owner—I thought I lost my wallet when I got there (left it on the bus!) and he was so helpful, calming me down and calling the bus company to get it back AND gave me a Guinness to calm my nerves—exactly what was needed, was so thankful I was staying somewhere that cared about guests and also met great people there; recommended!

Couldnt have asked for any better! Super service

• 22nd Aug 2014

Fantastic location, very friendly staff

• 20th Aug 2014

The locks on the doors were not sufficient need attention, We had problems and so did the people next door to us. It is clearly to eliminate the lost door keys but I think it would work better with just a key. The dorm we were in was fine as we were only passing through for one night and did not have backpacks but the room was way to small as a six bed,if all had backpacks better as a 4bed dorm. walls are paper thin also.

although we've booked a female dorm a guy slept in our room. it was really loud the whole night. when we tried to speak to the supervisor of the hostel in the morning he didn't care. apart from that, beds horrible, rooms was clean big really smelly and the toilets were not great either.

Hi there, i met with you at 7.45am and u told me that a man had slept in the female dorm you were in, i asked what time had he arrived in the room and u said he was there since the evening before to which i asked why you had not gone to reception or alert the night porter to your unhappiness, i talked to the man 5minutes after i talked to you and he was with his girlfriend in the room, he apologized for the confusion then we walked to reception to apologize but you and your friend had left.

Great location.

A centrally located hostel with comfy beds and a fairly large kitchen. They have plenty of secure storage space for bikes which was great as the town itself is very busy and we wouldn't have wanted to have left then locked outside.

Although spending just one night in Lahinch Hostel, we had a pleasant stay. Pity we couldn't surf because of the tiny waves, but we certainly recommend staying here when you're on a surf trip in Ireland. Its location is just ideal!

Noise on Saturday night meant we could only get a few hours sleep. Teenagers having a party and drinking in their room shouldn't be allowed. Under 18's should only be allowed stay with adult supervision if they are going to act like that.

• 19th Jun 2014

It was very cold in the house and we felt like ghosts, cause no one else was there. We missed a little 'feels like home'-feeling.

Wifi is only available downstairs in the lobby, anyone can walk into the hostel but the room doors are locked by a passcode. Wonderful location right on the beach and close to the bus stop, restaurants and shops. Popular for surfing. Walls are thin. Very cold in November! There is so heat so bring warm clothes to sleep in! No one there to greet us when we checked in had to ring a bell outside. Also there was no one at the desk so we wrote a note to check out. Not much for breakfast. Good kitchen

• 1st Nov 2013

excellent hostel, staff very helpful and friendly. I'll be definitely returning very soon.

• 9th Sep 2013

This hostel is the only one in the town, well located and good cleanliness but people inside it were very noisy and let kitchen in very bad way. Many noise also in the night and no one at the reception to stop it

Staff were very cordial and chatty. Hostel has a positive relaxed atmosphere. Location was very good. Price was very reasonable. I would recommend Lahinch hostel to anyone wishing to visit Lahinch

• 4th Aug 2013

Great for what we needed, somewhere to sleep after surfing and to chill before going out at night, would recommend the hostel without a doubt.

• 29th Jul 2013

There is no free parking on site like advertised. Parking in the hotel is €3. You can use a public carpark 5 mins away for free which is not great if you have bags Also despite a booking deposit I was charged full price on arrival. Not a major issue since I was only staying one night

• 20th Jul 2013

Value for money. 8bed dorm was fine! Showers were hot! Kitchen area lovely! Sitting room area lovely! BBQ area very good! The man at check in was really nice and accommodating! Continental breakfast was good! Obviously not the ritz as u get what you pay for but after a few drinks we didnt mind where we put out heads!all surrounding pubs had live music,spent the following day after check out relaxing on the beach!lahinch is a fantastic place!

• 15th Jul 2013

Very friendly manager - can't remember his name but he was so so helpful.

• 14th Jul 2013

The hostel is right next to a beach! Rooms are small but nice and clean. See u next time

had a really lovely stay here and the staff were amazing - definately recommend it.

• 26th Apr 2013