Le Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal Reviews

185 Sherbrooke Street East, Montreal, Canada

Nice location, staff and breakfast. There are not enough powr points or toilets though.

• 7th Nov 2014

There is a very dangerous change of floor level on the second floor (first) and I had a bad fall and narrowly missed a broken nose and ruining the rest of my trip. This MUST be remedied without delay. Also there was no way of contacting management for assistance at night -an emergency bell is needed. As I left early I left a note and expected to get an email apology at least but none as yet.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Hello, We are sorry to read this. We have verified but we did not find any dangerous change of floor, our building is very safe. Maybe the accident happened while you were busy carriyng your bags. Nevertheless, sorry about that and we are relieved to know you are all right

The staff was terrific (spoke English) and made us feel welcome and comfortable. It's a funky place and fills up with lots of young people.

• 11th Oct 2014

Hi.Thank you for this excellent review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel! We will be happy to welcome you again very soon.

Loved it I will be back next time im in montreal

• 2nd Oct 2014

Hi. Merci beaucoup for sharing your experience at the Gîte du Plateau Mont-Royal. It was also a real pleasure for us to have you. Come back whenever you want.

Great service, a clean and homely hostel at a great location. Also, the best hostel breakfast I've ever had :) Bring your own padlock though. They sell them for a reasonable price, but you can't borrow them.

I came twice and I 'm waiting for the third one. A place I strongly recommend.

Hi. Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to share your comment. We are happy to know that you had a great time in Montreal and in our hostel. We look forward to your return.

Really friendly staff and a short cycle or walk from a lot of nice places in Montreal.

Lovely place! Would definitely stay again!

• 31st Aug 2014

Hi. Thank you very much for this comment. We are all looking forward to welcoming you again.

Our room was underground and had a tiny window looking up into the street. The street was noisy at night, and as the window wouldn't shut, this was disturbing. Also the room was really dated and the facilities were not up to modern standards. We have got far better value for our money in other cities and so would definatly not go back to this hostel. However the staff were really friendly, and location was ok, although about a 25 minute walk from old Montreal. It was a shame.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Hi. we are very sorry that you did not like your experience. We are located downtown Montreal about 15 min walk from the Old Montreal which quite close. Due to the location, we cannot guarantee the calm you could have in countryside. We hope to better satisfy you next time.

Very friendly staff, nice decent size private room, cool breakfast, great atmosphere.

The hostel has a shabby chic quality about it which is actually quite in fitting with Montreal. The staff were friendly throughout the trip and the wifi is consistent throughout the hostel The roof terrace is also a very relaxing place to stay for a while There is a problem with the amount of toilets on each floor; each floor has about 8 shower rooms but only 2 toilets. You often found yourself going throughout the hostel at least twice before one became available. Otherwise; great stay!

Hi, merci for this review. We are glad that you enjoyed the roof-top and the staff. We have more toilets at the third floor and we would like to add more toilets on the second floor, we are working on that. :) See you next time.

This hostel is in a VERY good location; close enough to walk to many of the things we hoped to see in Montreal - pubs, Old Montreal/the Port, Ile Ste Helene, many museums, shopping streets, theatres, etc - but far enough away that noise or too many people was never a problem at night. Our room was fairly basic, but did have a certain charm including an original stone wall. We could have made better use of the staff to find restaurants and bars, I think, but wandering around worked for us!

• 13th Aug 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at this hostel and I would keep coming back! Located near St. Dennis street and Blvd. St. Laurent it is situated in an amazing area, quiet yet near all the busy streets. What I would say was the best of my stay would be the staff, they were always eager to help and very friendly. The breakfast is also great, it has toast with a variety of toppings, orange juice and yogurt. Loved it and would definitely return! :)

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Uruguay

Nice hostel with friendly staff. Breakfast included. For breakfast there is mainly toast and pancakes, freshly made by staff. Room was good and clean. In our room was no A/C, only a fan. Our room was in the basement, so it was not too hot, but other rooms might be quite warm if they also don't have A/C. Location is between downtown and Mont Royal, so both is easily available by foot. One bus station is also available by foot, the other bus station and the train station are connected by the metro

I had a really great time at Le Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal. Loved the personnel there. The room was clean and cosy - what's not to like. If I'll ever find myself in Montréal again, I know where to stay.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Great stay! Staff was friendly, breakfast was delicious, rooftop terrace was amazing, and location was great. The room was a little warm and didn't have great circulation, but it's summer so it is to be expected. Will definitely stay again!

• 31st Jul 2014

Very friendly staff.

Very nice hostel located nearby Vieux Montréal and Centre-Ville. Friendly and helpful staff. I had a wonderful stay there!

Hi. We thank you for sharing your review. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Unfortunately our room was in the basement. The room was very uncomfortable. The breakfast was delicious and the roof terrace was very nice!

Hi We are sorry that you did not like your room. We hope to better satisfy you next time.