Le Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal Reviews

185 Sherbrooke Street East, Montreal, Canada

Really friendly staff and a short cycle or walk from a lot of nice places in Montreal.

Lovely place! Would definitely stay again!

• 31st Aug 2014

Our room was underground and had a tiny window looking up into the street. The street was noisy at night, and as the window wouldn't shut, this was disturbing. Also the room was really dated and the facilities were not up to modern standards. We have got far better value for our money in other cities and so would definatly not go back to this hostel. However the staff were really friendly, and location was ok, although about a 25 minute walk from old Montreal. It was a shame.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Very friendly staff, nice decent size private room, cool breakfast, great atmosphere.

The hostel has a shabby chic quality about it which is actually quite in fitting with Montreal. The staff were friendly throughout the trip and the wifi is consistent throughout the hostel The roof terrace is also a very relaxing place to stay for a while There is a problem with the amount of toilets on each floor; each floor has about 8 shower rooms but only 2 toilets. You often found yourself going throughout the hostel at least twice before one became available. Otherwise; great stay!

This hostel is in a VERY good location; close enough to walk to many of the things we hoped to see in Montreal - pubs, Old Montreal/the Port, Ile Ste Helene, many museums, shopping streets, theatres, etc - but far enough away that noise or too many people was never a problem at night. Our room was fairly basic, but did have a certain charm including an original stone wall. We could have made better use of the staff to find restaurants and bars, I think, but wandering around worked for us!

• 13th Aug 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at this hostel and I would keep coming back! Located near St. Dennis street and Blvd. St. Laurent it is situated in an amazing area, quiet yet near all the busy streets. What I would say was the best of my stay would be the staff, they were always eager to help and very friendly. The breakfast is also great, it has toast with a variety of toppings, orange juice and yogurt. Loved it and would definitely return! :)

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Uruguay

Nice hostel with friendly staff. Breakfast included. For breakfast there is mainly toast and pancakes, freshly made by staff. Room was good and clean. In our room was no A/C, only a fan. Our room was in the basement, so it was not too hot, but other rooms might be quite warm if they also don't have A/C. Location is between downtown and Mont Royal, so both is easily available by foot. One bus station is also available by foot, the other bus station and the train station are connected by the metro

I had a really great time at Le Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal. Loved the personnel there. The room was clean and cosy - what's not to like. If I'll ever find myself in Montréal again, I know where to stay.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Great stay! Staff was friendly, breakfast was delicious, rooftop terrace was amazing, and location was great. The room was a little warm and didn't have great circulation, but it's summer so it is to be expected. Will definitely stay again!

• 31st Jul 2014

Very friendly staff.

Very nice hostel located nearby Vieux Montréal and Centre-Ville. Friendly and helpful staff. I had a wonderful stay there!

Unfortunately our room was in the basement. The room was very uncomfortable. The breakfast was delicious and the roof terrace was very nice!

I spent a great time there, the staff is really nice and welcoming. Very good breakfast and nice atmosphere. I recommend this place. J'ai passé un agréable séjour, le personnel est super sympa et très accueillant. Le petit déjeuné est très bon, on vous prépare des pancakes tous les matins, l'ambiance est cool. Je recommande cette auberge. Excellent rapport qualité prix!

Longer hours for breakfast or longer house to use the kitchen.

• 21st May 2014

Lovely hostel, good atmosphere, great breakfast, helpful and friendly staff, great location for nightlife and universities. Only thing was that my mattress had a bit of an odour to it; could perhaps do with a deep clean.

• 22nd Apr 2014