Le Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal Reviews

185 Sherbrooke Street East, Montreal, Canada

This is actually one of the best hostels i have ever started at, and i have stayed at a lot!! Very clean, good location, great rooms, amazing pancakes for breakfast, helpful staff, free dinner making on sundays, birthday celebrations, yes everything you can wish for. And i am not overacting.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Norway

I love this hostel great comfortable atmosphere...I can't wait to visit again!

Thanks for leaving a comment and such a good review Jacob ! You and the guys are more than welcome if you happen to be in Montreal again ! It was great hosting you :)

My friends and I had a great time staying at the Le Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal. The staff was friendly and gave solid directions when I asked. If we are ever in Montreal again we will come back!

• 31st Dec 2015

The location was pretty close to a metro stop which was nice and the staff was extremely friendly. The room was clean but ours was on the basement floor and disconnected from the main area which was a bit unexpected.

I chose the hostel because of its location, which is great for exploring my favorite part of the city. the facilities were as expected for a hostel in this price range but the thing that really stood out was the staff - very friendly, very knowledgeable and provided a lot of practical information (parking, opening times of places on Christmas eve) - I would definitely recommend your hostel!

• 24th Dec 2015
  • Czech Republic

Gorgeous common area and amazingly equipped kitchen. So much going on for guests put on by the staff (ask Ben to take you yo his secret bars). Breakfast is awesome and great location, highly recommend.

Great place to stay! The staff was friendly and gave us some great recommendations on places to eat, drink, and explore.

• 4th Dec 2015

I loved my stay here! Everyone was very kind and welcoming, and the staff helped me find a great vegetarian restaurant! I highly recommend checking in for a few nights.

• 27th Nov 2015

The staff was great, the location was great. The hostel is a little run down though. We stayed at a different place two nights prior to staying at Le Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal and it was cheaper, and way cleaner. Overall, I would recommend staying here especially because it's very large and it's easy to meet people. The roof top hang out area is amazing, and a summer stay would be fun.

Spent a night here and had a great time. It was really quiet and I was able to do my own thing and relax, which is exactly what I wanted. Really friendly staff and great kitchen facilities. Lots of space in the common area, the whole building was clean, I had a balcony etc. What more could I want!

• 4th Nov 2015

Lovely experience -- very glad I stayed somewhere safe, clean, and in a good location. I highly recommend this hostel!

• 23rd Oct 2015

Extra stand alone toilets are needed! Hostel was really nice, open, enjoyed the free breakfast, tons of seating in their living room. Hostel pretty far from anything fun but if youre ready to walk or take a bus its not a problem. I will never stay in a mixed dorm again! I had two old fat guys in there snoring all night. I could even hear them thru my headphones. Girls dorms only!

• 11th Oct 2015

Very clean, charming old house and nice staff.

You get what you pay for. Bathrooms and toilets are average but clean. Rooms are crowded with beds and somehow smelly. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Very clean, really cool place. Loved the pancake breakfasts! Close to the metro and buses, which was awesome.

The staff were absolutely lovely and breakfast was great. There was a homeless man sleeping outside our door when we left one morning, which startled us a little bit, but everything else was great. Thank you!

Beautiful rooftop patio. Great, friendly staff. Nice free breakfast. Awesome location.

As always, Jonathan´s service and support are great!

Thanks for a very nice stay and a good welcoming!

Great location and really nice common room. Stayed here two separate times and had a good time both times. Rooftop is awesome. Very hot in the summer though, no ac in the rooms I was in.