Superb 662 Total Reviews
Superb 662 Total Reviews
Le Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal Located at 185 Sherbrooke Street East, , Montreal.
Canada
Montreal QC 185 Sherbrooke Street East
91% 662
45.5144518 -73.5688304
    Rooms available

7th Nov 2016

Le Gîte is so great! The staff is super friendly and welcoming, the location is excellent (within walking distance to Sherbrooke Metro), and has a great atmosphere - very relaxed and friendly. The breakfast is also great! I can't recommend them enough; my stay was wonderful!

• biologistmatthughes1429
  • USA, Male, 18-24
23rd Oct 2016

I loved this hostel. The staff were fantastic. Not only were they helpful and informative, but they also put on endless activities and events to get the travelers in the hostel to come together and get to know each other. The night I was there we had a Halloween party where we carved jack-o-lanterns and made pumpkin soup. I would love to come back.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
12th Oct 2016

Le Gîte is the ultimate location to arrive at in Montréal. Since I was planning on moving to this great city, but did not have a place to stay yet, I booked this hostel for the first week. Besides it being a great place for meeting inspiring people, Le Gîte soon felt like a home with the full-equipped kitchen that one could use, kind staff and generous breakfast. Oh and let's not forget the roof top terrace that offers space to make music, read your book and enjoy some fresh air...

7th Oct 2016

The private twin room was lacking any charm. The bathroom was just ok.

Hi. Thank you for sharing your experience at le Gîte du Plateau Mont-Royal. It was a real pleasure having you. Come back whenever you want.

5th Oct 2016

Super friendly, helpful staff; great atmosphere. Very clean hostel. Good arrangements in the dorms: every bed has a reading lamp and a tray where you can keep some stuff, and there are plenty of lockers available in the room. The rooftop terrace is sweet!

• Spain, All Male Group, 31-40
4th Oct 2016
5.7

We stayed in a triple room with bunk bed with a bunk bed at the bottom. The room itself was ok (despite the fact that only a curtain separated the shower from the rest of the room, so no privacy at all), but the bunk bed was terrible: uncomfortable and super noisy. We chose the hostel because of the good reviews and stayed there two nights but we wouldn't repeat the experience. Nice breakfast tho

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
6th Sep 2016

Excellent place to stay, typical hostel with awesome rooftop terrace. The room was quite hot, but other than that simple, very clean and sufficient for our needs. The hostel staff was very friendly and helpful.

Hi. Thank you for sharing your experience at le Gîte du Plateau Mont-Royal. It was a real pleasure having you. Cleanliness is very important for us, than you for that comment. Come back whenever you want.

4th Sep 2016

Great place, awesome location and warm, friendly staff. (Shout out to Sandrineau from "The Wind"...I hope I spelled that right :-) I love the free morning breakfast and communal vibe; the rooftop is a treasure. I spent one night in an 8 bed dorm, the other in my own room, and was quite satisfied with both rooms. Look for me, I'll be back!! (And I'll be recommending!) p.s. Met some new friends staying here that I'm pretty sure I'll keep in touch with, so + and +

Hello. Thank you for choosing le Gîte du Plateau Mont-Royal and taking the time to share your comment. We are happy to know that you had a great time in Montreal and in our hostel. We look forward to your return.

3rd Sep 2016

This hostel is pretty clean and all the staff members are very friendly, always happy and ready to help! The location is awesome, however because of this there is no parking available and you have to park at a library for $10/ day, and it is about 5-10 mins walk. Generally parking in Montreal sucks so that's not really the hostel's fault. The breakfast was awesome, terrace is very cute, one little thing I will mention in the end is how low the top beds on the bunk beds were. I could not sit :/

Hi. Thank you for this excellent review.  We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel Le Gîte du Plateau Mont-Royal! About the parking, feel free to get tips on our website or to ask the reception desk. We will be happy to welcome you again very soon .

1st Sep 2016

This was my first time in Montreal. I was looking for something inexpensive on my wallet and walkable to all of Montreal's places of interest. Le Gite captured both of these issues. The staff is friendly and speaks both English and French. I enjoyed fresh pancakes and my morning tea on the rooftop terrance. Definitely a great place to stay.

Hi.Thank you for this excellent review.  We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel Le Gîte du Plateau Mont-Royal! We will be happy to welcome you again very soon, with our pancakes and our great staff!