Le Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal Reviews

185 Sherbrooke Street East, Montreal, Canada

I did wake up with a few strange bites after the second night

Fantastic place to stay in the heart of Montreal. Staff extremely friendly and helpful, accomodations very clean and a fun place to stay. My second time staying there last weekend and will continue to go there. Marguerite

• 6th Feb 2015

SUPER AMAZING! WE HAD THE BEST TIME EVER! AMAZING STAFF AND PEOPLE!

• 27th Jan 2015

I have stayed here on two occasions and was pleased both times. The front desk staff is welcoming, helpful and sets a good atmosphere (music, movies, sports on TV, etc.) It was fun to practice French with them, too. Given that it was the lull between Christmas and New Years, the place did not give off a party vibe. I appreciate this, and prefer to have my fun elsewhere and have a calm place to sleep. The main facilities are off limit between 11pm and 8am, which is helpful for a restful night.

Nice location, staff and breakfast. There are not enough powr points or toilets though.

• 7th Nov 2014

There is a very dangerous change of floor level on the second floor (first) and I had a bad fall and narrowly missed a broken nose and ruining the rest of my trip. This MUST be remedied without delay. Also there was no way of contacting management for assistance at night -an emergency bell is needed. As I left early I left a note and expected to get an email apology at least but none as yet.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Hello, We are sorry to read this. We have verified but we did not find any dangerous change of floor, our building is very safe. Maybe the accident happened while you were busy carriyng your bags. Nevertheless, sorry about that and we are relieved to know you are all right

The staff was terrific (spoke English) and made us feel welcome and comfortable. It's a funky place and fills up with lots of young people.

• 11th Oct 2014

Hi.Thank you for this excellent review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel! We will be happy to welcome you again very soon.

Loved it I will be back next time im in montreal

• 2nd Oct 2014

Hi. Merci beaucoup for sharing your experience at the Gîte du Plateau Mont-Royal. It was also a real pleasure for us to have you. Come back whenever you want.

Great service, a clean and homely hostel at a great location. Also, the best hostel breakfast I've ever had :) Bring your own padlock though. They sell them for a reasonable price, but you can't borrow them.

I came twice and I 'm waiting for the third one. A place I strongly recommend.

Hi. Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to share your comment. We are happy to know that you had a great time in Montreal and in our hostel. We look forward to your return.