Le Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal Reviews

185 Sherbrooke Street East, Montreal, Canada

We were very happy with our stay! The price was amazing and everything was very clean and nice. The staff were always helpful and cheerful and there was a delicious pancake breakfast every morning. Location was very nice as well as we traveled by metro for most of our stay and the station was only a couple blocks from the hostel. It was also near a street with amazing restaurants and bars. Will definitely be looking at staying here for next year as well!

• 19th Mar 2015

Great place to stay with very nice, helpful staff. The location is good and the atmosphere as it should be in a hostel.

I stayed here two nights in March 2015 with a friend. The staff was friendly and helpful, the location was central and the breakfast was fantastic. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. My only complaint is that there was no drum circle as advertised on hostelworld. Overall, I would recommend the hostel and stay here again.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We had a fantastic stay - friendly staff, lovely breakfast, great room, amazing vibe, ideal location. Definitely is our new go-to hostel choice for when we're in Montreal. Right between St Denis & St Laurent, close to Sherbrooke Station... perfect. Great bang for your buck.

• 12th Mar 2015

We loved Le Git -- the staff was super friendly and helpful, the location is within a 10-15 minute walking distance to most of the major sites and only three blocks from the metro, and the rooms are clean and have lockers. There are many showers and all were clean and had good water pressure. We came in the winter but the porch also looks very fun. Recommended!

• 7th Mar 2015

I did wake up with a few strange bites after the second night

Fantastic place to stay in the heart of Montreal. Staff extremely friendly and helpful, accomodations very clean and a fun place to stay. My second time staying there last weekend and will continue to go there. Marguerite

• 6th Feb 2015

SUPER AMAZING! WE HAD THE BEST TIME EVER! AMAZING STAFF AND PEOPLE!

• 27th Jan 2015

I have stayed here on two occasions and was pleased both times. The front desk staff is welcoming, helpful and sets a good atmosphere (music, movies, sports on TV, etc.) It was fun to practice French with them, too. Given that it was the lull between Christmas and New Years, the place did not give off a party vibe. I appreciate this, and prefer to have my fun elsewhere and have a calm place to sleep. The main facilities are off limit between 11pm and 8am, which is helpful for a restful night.

Nice location, staff and breakfast. There are not enough powr points or toilets though.

• 7th Nov 2014

There is a very dangerous change of floor level on the second floor (first) and I had a bad fall and narrowly missed a broken nose and ruining the rest of my trip. This MUST be remedied without delay. Also there was no way of contacting management for assistance at night -an emergency bell is needed. As I left early I left a note and expected to get an email apology at least but none as yet.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Hello, We are sorry to read this. We have verified but we did not find any dangerous change of floor, our building is very safe. Maybe the accident happened while you were busy carriyng your bags. Nevertheless, sorry about that and we are relieved to know you are all right

The staff was terrific (spoke English) and made us feel welcome and comfortable. It's a funky place and fills up with lots of young people.

• 11th Oct 2014

Hi.Thank you for this excellent review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel! We will be happy to welcome you again very soon.

Loved it I will be back next time im in montreal

• 2nd Oct 2014

Hi. Merci beaucoup for sharing your experience at the Gîte du Plateau Mont-Royal. It was also a real pleasure for us to have you. Come back whenever you want.