Le Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal Reviews

185 Sherbrooke Street East, Montreal, Canada

Thanks for a very nice stay and a good welcoming!

Lovely hostel. Kitchen was really great to cook in. Lovely rooftop terrace. Owner did great bbq. Really clean. Yummy pancakes for breakfast. Great staff who were really helpful. To get to the main attractions you really need a bus so I got a 3 day card and then the bus stop is right outside. Only negative was the rooms were ridiculously hot. The fan did nothing but move hot air around and with 6 people in a small room it was horrible.

A nice place to stay over for a few days to a week. Staff youthful and friendly (and mostly bilingual). My cousin and I were staying in a basement room for 4 nights. The beds were comfortable and the area quiet. However, it was very hot despite having a stand-up fan in our room. I noticed that a hot-water pipe was running along the wall at floor level, which contributed to the overall temperature. The bathroom had a shower but no exhaust fan. Nice breakfast included in the price.

• 13th Aug 2015

The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The free breakfast was fine. The place was spotless and it was fun to stay in an old house. The location was perfect right in the middle of everything. We were able to walk to almost every restaurant and every sight we wanted to see! There was endless hot water in the clean showers. I have never been in a hostel and I will definitely stay in one of yours again.

• 10th Aug 2015

The staff was really helpful all the time. The roof is cool! The only thing it's wash the dishes of breakfast. Not because bother me, it's because is not efficient. In all the place there's advertisements about care the water consumption. But wash the dishes "by hand" spent much more water than a dishwasher machine. Maybe can be "kind of cool" but is not efficient et all.

Better have rooms for 4

• 7th Aug 2015
  • China

Very nice staff. I loved the breakfast in the morning; pancakes, yogurt, juice, coffee and tea... although the pancakes were cold but there weren't many people down there while I was eating. The sheets smelled fresh and the fan in the room helped with the high temperatures. It did seem safe except my roommates did not lock our door so there was the potential of my stuff being stolen, which it wasn't. Great location... only a 5 minute walk from the metro orange line.

• 31st Jul 2015

We had such a great stay at Le Gite.... The staff, especially the man at the front desk, were so awesome and friendly and helpful! The showers/bathrooms were clean! Our room had a balcony off of the 3rd floor that had great views and provided an awesome cross breeze. The atmosphere is exactly what you would hope a hostel to be, casual, eclectic, fun, comfortable and clean! Definitely would stay here again!

• 30th Jul 2015

Le Gite was a wonderful place to stay in Montreal. It's in a great location, close to cool St. Denis, Berri-UQAM (great for Osheaga), a short drive to Mile End. The staff was very nice & accommodating, there's free breakfast, free street parking, & the rooftop terrace is to die for. I strongly recommend taking your morning coffee up there & enjoying the view + the morning breeze. Overall a great value! Only complaint is the room doors don't auto-lock & others in my room left it open.

• 30th Jul 2015

This was really quite a nice place! There is a kitchen, and breakfast included in your stay (pretty reasonable price). It was a great environment, pretty convenient location, and great folks. The staff was friendly and everything was very clean. it was a bit hot, but I visited in the middle of a heat wave, so I can't complain too much about that.

• 28th Jul 2015

the bathroom and restroom are too small and dirty and worst of all, room i splept was really hot with only two windows in this hot summer it was really painful of me to stay i will not go there again

Great hostel with a cosy Lobby and spectacular roof Terrasse. Location is in short distance to downtown and to dining areas. Pancakes at breakfast are homemade with cook's all love inside.

Why on Earth do you not have air condition=

It was lovely! The staff who worked there were kind and helpful, giving us good ideas on places to go and see (Like the International Fire works competition happening at the time!) Pancakes with breakfast every morning was a pleasant surprise and very welcome (Authentic maple syrup too!). The location was great! Very close to a restaurant strip, easy to walk to Chinatown, Old Port and the main street of the city from and two metro stations nearby when needed them! : )

Maybe this hostel is good in winter but the rooms are extremely stuffy and hot in the summer. Other than this rest is okay.

Staff are excellent, very helpful, friendly and encourage ineraction between guests

One of the best hostels I've ever been. The breakfast is better than a lot of fancy hotels, and the staff makes you feel comfortable at any time. I would come back every time I go to Montreal. Maybe the only thing to improve is the lack of a AC in the hot months. It gets really hot and humid inside the building, especially the 3rd floor. But if you're planning to go outside most of the time, this shouldn't be a problem at all.

Best hostel ever! Thank you so much to Ellie, Jonathan and the rest of staff for being completely awesome! Merci mille fois!

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The staff is super and the atmosphere is great. I was a bit disapppointed with my private room, though. I found it a little old and wasted, and the lack of ventilation made me and friend feel a little uncomfortable, but I would stay there again if I had the chance.

A poorly lighted room with a small window (not sufficient light) without any grid to stop mosquitoes and a broken fan made are accommodation awkward especially when it became completed with poor breakfast and the dishes washed by gusts

• 5th Jul 2015