Lisbon Lounge Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 41st, Lisbon, Portugal

Fantastic hostel! This was like a home away from home and the staff were totally awesome! Laundry fee seemed a bit expensive but dinner service made this the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Will definitely recommend!

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

My wife and I last visited 7 years ago and this still one of our favourite hostels. We stayed for 4 nights and loved every minute of it so now plan to return ASAP.All the staff were excellent but we wish to give a special mention to Miguel who cooked an exceptional imaginative three course meal every evening from local produce.The cooking was so good we chose to eat in every night as the atmosphere and food were one of the many highlights of our stay. Oh and wine was included for just 10 euro!!

One of the cleanest hostels I have ever been in. Friendly people (though the lady who cooked the yummy breakfast needs to smile more!) and good location. Would definitely stay here again.

ONE OF THE BEST (if not the best) hostels I've ever stayed in (14+ countries). I never write reviews but I felt compelled to do so for Lisbon Lounge. NOTE: I gave a 3/5 for atmosphere only to reflect issues with noise during the night. With its central location the hostel can suffer from noise from the busy streets if a window is left open during the night. Nothing ear-plugs can't fix, but without them street cars/buses can be too loud! BUT don't let that stop you! I'D DEFINITELY BOOK AGAIN!!!!!

• 31st May 2015

Possibly one of the most swanky hostels I've been to. Very modern furnishings and has that very "cool" feel about it. The multiple common areas on each level lends itself well to more private hang out. The vinyl player is a big plus, make a playlist with a fellow guest is fun :) The organised meals most days is worth checking out. Good for solo travellers and small groups. Less of the crazy party hostel and more towards the social but chilled end of the spectrum. Would stay here again

The best hostel I've stayed in in Europe, and I've been travelling for months. Really clean, modern, and interesting design, beds are large, rooms are spacious (I stayed in 8 bed dorm)... All that rung in at one of the cheapest places I've stayed, yet undeniably one of the best! My favourite part was the homemade dinner by Miguel - 10€ for a multi-course meal and a great social atmosphere. Hostel also offers various unique tours. Stayed in another Lisbon hostel too but it wasn't nearly as good..

I recommand this hostel to everyone

We stayed at the top floor and had to go up four or five flights of stairs everyday - although it was fine for us it might be a problem during the summer. There was free breakfast included and the food was simple but good! A motivation to wake up before 10.30am... Location perfect smack in the centre, chef made dinners at night for just 10 euros... A lot of perks

flawless. best hostel I've stayed at.

Stayed for one night only but got a very good impression!

• 23rd May 2015
  • Sweden

I cannot recommend this hostel enough! An amazing staff and an amazing city. If you stay here YOU MUST go on the day tour- it's worth every penny I promise! Was so sad to leave Lisbon Lounge.. Nothing compares.

• 22nd May 2015

Great hostel! Chilled vibe and helpful, friendly staff. Thanks for an awesome stay!!

• 21st May 2015

Very central location to stay. Bathrooms and sleeping room were very clean and stuff absolutely nice and helpful. W-Lan was accessable in the hostel and it really worked;-) The living room at the reception floor was cosy.

• 21st May 2015

The staff was amazing! Arranged a bar crawl, dinner, and helped with travel plans. Everything was super clean. Everyone staying at the Lisbon lounge was super friendly. Definitely would stay there again.

One of the best hostel that I've been. The rooms are really perfect! However, nearby are a lot of man trying to sell some drugs.

Beautiful place, right downtown, nicely decorated, nice common areas, super friendly staff.

Unbelievable hostel! There is a reason it won the award "World's best hostel" two years in a row. Everything is clean and modern. Four floors of rooms and common space. Spacious bunk rooms with big lockers with outlets on the inside of the lockers to charge your phone. Can not recommend this hostel enough, definitely staying here again when I come back to Lisbon

We really enjoyed our days in the Lisbon Lounge. Me and Tais are grateful for everything they done. Good Job!

• 17th May 2015

Great hostel, really clean, more than fully equipded kitchen. Great dinner nights, which you definitely should join. There is a 3-cours-menu with wine for 10 Euros and it is very familar.

Great staff who go above and beyond, clean and well kept rooms, amazing decor and an even better location.