Liverpool International Inn Reviews

4 South Hunter St, L1 9JG, Liverpool, England

I have never encountered more helpful, abliging, friendly staff in all of my travels around the world. I thank you all. Bob Lawson New Zealand

• 7th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

No hot water during our stay.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The hostel was clean, and the staff very friendly. Close proximity to the city centre, and even closer to lots of good restaurants and clubs were definitely a plus. However, I was displeased with two things: 1. Noise: The beds are steel and rather old; any movement sent them squeaking. In addition, a rock pub right next to the hostel produced enough sound to wake the dead. 2. Signage: It took me two days just to find the kitchen. A cafe with the entrance from the lobby was more obvious.

I was fully aware it was budget accommodation so wasn't expecting much we just needed somewhere to put our head down at night. Noise doesn't bother me as I'm quite a heavy sleeper. The general areas like corridors and reception were in good order. The problem I had was with the room itself. There was no ventilation other than the corridors so the room was really warm. Being under ground and no windows I was not too surprised at that. The biggest issue was the fact the entire room was damp. Floor

Great place, good staff, great location, clean. Lots of toast available.

• 11th Apr 2014

TV didn't work no instructions no radio

We were in a double room in what can only be described as a underground bunker! There was no natural light, no air circulation, so it was very stale and we spent both nights with the door open to avoid stifling heat. Seriously is that legal? Also we had to pay to leave our bags at reception after check out, only to find when we arrived back they hadn't been locked away and were just sitting there. Good security guys.

The rooms where better than expected . The shower was brill many thanks for my stay

• 14th Feb 2014

I feel that the Inn has declined in value for money, atmosphere and charm in recent years

I asked to stay in a room with 4 people, but they placed me and my mother in a room with 5. The heater didn't work and the room was freezing. The staff didn't know about the free breakfast. I don't like this hostel and I don't recommend it.

Not friendly !!!

• 6th Feb 2014

Nice little hostel (almost hotel room). Rooms are located in the basement, so it's a little unusual not have a natural light but we only stayed for the weekend so it served our purpose. Couldn't really ask for much more from a budget room.

Security was great - reception was 24 hours and all keycard access. Very well located - everything was only a short-walk away and easy to get to. Staff were helpful and friendly. Room was spotless! Not too much of an atmosphere but you don't go to Liverpool to party in the hostel! Especially with all the great bars and restaurants not far away. Our double room with ensuite was amazing value for money - only problem was the shower head was a little bit broken. Would definitely stay here again.