Liverpool International Inn Reviews

4 South Hunter St, L1 9JG, Liverpool, England

I'm 48 and my husband is 52 years young and we are new to using hostels, we were at the hostel with our young family from Canada. My experience of the hostel was truly amazing, your staff are as good as any from any five star establishment. I felt 100% safe in the area and it's great for eating, drinking and dancing. From my experience at Liverpool International Inn we will definitely be looking at other hostels around the country.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

I have never encountered more helpful, abliging, friendly staff in all of my travels around the world. I thank you all. Bob Lawson New Zealand

• 7th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

No hot water during our stay.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The hostel was clean, and the staff very friendly. Close proximity to the city centre, and even closer to lots of good restaurants and clubs were definitely a plus. However, I was displeased with two things: 1. Noise: The beds are steel and rather old; any movement sent them squeaking. In addition, a rock pub right next to the hostel produced enough sound to wake the dead. 2. Signage: It took me two days just to find the kitchen. A cafe with the entrance from the lobby was more obvious.

I was fully aware it was budget accommodation so wasn't expecting much we just needed somewhere to put our head down at night. Noise doesn't bother me as I'm quite a heavy sleeper. The general areas like corridors and reception were in good order. The problem I had was with the room itself. There was no ventilation other than the corridors so the room was really warm. Being under ground and no windows I was not too surprised at that. The biggest issue was the fact the entire room was damp. Floor

Great place, good staff, great location, clean. Lots of toast available.

• 11th Apr 2014

TV didn't work no instructions no radio

We were in a double room in what can only be described as a underground bunker! There was no natural light, no air circulation, so it was very stale and we spent both nights with the door open to avoid stifling heat. Seriously is that legal? Also we had to pay to leave our bags at reception after check out, only to find when we arrived back they hadn't been locked away and were just sitting there. Good security guys.

The rooms where better than expected . The shower was brill many thanks for my stay

• 14th Feb 2014

I feel that the Inn has declined in value for money, atmosphere and charm in recent years

I asked to stay in a room with 4 people, but they placed me and my mother in a room with 5. The heater didn't work and the room was freezing. The staff didn't know about the free breakfast. I don't like this hostel and I don't recommend it.

Not friendly !!!