Lodging House Ezama Reviews

Mariano Melgar 623, Huaraz, Peru

The owner, Emillio is the nicest man in the world! Incredibly helpful out of genuine kindness, not to make a quick buck. He helped us arrange all of the activities we wanted to do, got us really good deals and provided a lot of info with no pressure. The hostel was clean, comfortable beds, private bathooms with hot water, kitchen on the rooftop, dining room and wifi. The wifi didnt work one day and when I informed Emillio, he got straight on the phone to the network provider and sorted it out.

The owner is a really good person that worries about taking you to yours in a safe way but when I arrive he told me that he didn't have a place for me and I already book through hostel world and also happened to many other people. I had lucky because some nice girls said I can sleep in their room but he wasn't organized.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Peru

Really enjoyed my stay at ezamas. Had a solo room on the roof which was everything I needed - nice comfy bed, warm blankets, great view. The guesthouse is a 10 minute walk from the centre - which you'll be glad as Huaraz is suprisingly noisy, and ezamas location is nicely away from the hustle and bustle...the family running the guesthouse were really friendly and kind. The place was really secure, not that I found Huaraz unsafe at all. Cheap, welcoming and quiet - recommended

Emilio the owner is super kind! Got in super early after an overnight bus ride and he got me checked in quickly and I was able to get right into bed and sleep. He helped organize both the Lago 69 and Glacier Pastoruri tours and it was no problem when my plans changed and I stayed an extra night. The hostel is also his family's home and it felt nice and safe and quiet, shower was hot and the bed was warm. I would definitely stay again if I was ever in Huaraz.

The place is really good - yet simple - and super clean. Emilio, the owner, is very welcoming and friendly. We had a really pleasant stay at Ezama. It is a bit far from Huaraz downtown, but this is not very important since all tours can pick you up at Ezama; it is safe to walk in Huaraz during the day and night; if you are really tired you can grab a cab and will cost you only 3 soles and Huaraz downtown does not have so many attractions that will make you want to stay there. We loved it!

very friendly and knowledgeable host, always great to chat with to learn more about the hostal, Huaraz and activities in the region; family-like run hostal.

• 1st Apr 2015