Lodging House Ezama Reviews

Mariano Melgar 623, Huaraz, Peru

Quiet area about 15 minutes walking from town or 3 soles on a taxi. I stayed in the dorm and the room was clean and quiet. There is a very basic kitchen facility on the terrace which I feel it might do with a bit of improvement. The owner is really friendly and helpful. I was not feeling too well and I could stay in the room until quite late on the last day with no extra charge.

I enjoyed my stay at Lodging House Ezama, the owner is definitely the most helpful hostel owner I have ever met. He went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and happy, and had a wealth of knowlege of the tours of the surrounding area.

• 8th Jan 2015

A really nice play to stay and relax! The hostel is quiet and clean. The owner Emilio is a superfriendly host and was helpfull with booking a tour. The location is a bit out of center but with a cab (cheap: 3 soles) its only a few minutes to center. We loved our stay in Ezama and would go there again.

• 5th Jan 2015

Ezama is kind of plain, but I slept well here. It has hot water. It is very cheap. The kitchen is not the best. Emilio made arrangements for me to go to Laguna 69 and to Glacier Pastoruri. I might have been able to make the arrangements myself for 10 soles less, but then I would have had to spend my time doing that. Much easier just to let him do it. I can recommend Ezama.

When I stayed in Lodge Ezama I became automatically a part of the family who stays in the the same place. It was a very welcoming and friendly atmosphere there. The owner of the hostel was very caring and helped me whenever I had a question. He not only organized tours, he even accompanied me through the city and found an agency to book the Santa Cruz Trekfor me. That was awesome. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Quiet, pleasant place with family charm.

Great hostel! Emilio went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed and always greeted us warmly. He even offered to call a doctor when I was unwell and was genuinely very caring. It is nice to be away from the noise of the city centre and we enjoyed the 15 minute easy and safe walk (night and day) back from the main square.

We loved staying here! It was in a quieter part of town, while still an easy walk to downtown. Emillio was extremely welcoming and helpfully. The room was large, clean and comfortable. It was a place that we could relax and feel at home. Affordable laundry services were also available and beautiful plants adorned the courtyard. I would definitely recommend this hostel if you are looking for a nice quiet home atmosphere to stay in.

• 24th Oct 2014