Lodging House Ezama Reviews

Mariano Melgar 623, Huaraz, Peru

The place is really good - yet simple - and super clean. Emilio, the owner, is very welcoming and friendly. We had a really pleasant stay at Ezama. It is a bit far from Huaraz downtown, but this is not very important since all tours can pick you up at Ezama; it is safe to walk in Huaraz during the day and night; if you are really tired you can grab a cab and will cost you only 3 soles and Huaraz downtown does not have so many attractions that will make you want to stay there. We loved it!

very friendly and knowledgeable host, always great to chat with to learn more about the hostal, Huaraz and activities in the region; family-like run hostal.

• 1st Apr 2015

Quiet area about 15 minutes walking from town or 3 soles on a taxi. I stayed in the dorm and the room was clean and quiet. There is a very basic kitchen facility on the terrace which I feel it might do with a bit of improvement. The owner is really friendly and helpful. I was not feeling too well and I could stay in the room until quite late on the last day with no extra charge.

I enjoyed my stay at Lodging House Ezama, the owner is definitely the most helpful hostel owner I have ever met. He went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and happy, and had a wealth of knowlege of the tours of the surrounding area.

• 8th Jan 2015

A really nice play to stay and relax! The hostel is quiet and clean. The owner Emilio is a superfriendly host and was helpfull with booking a tour. The location is a bit out of center but with a cab (cheap: 3 soles) its only a few minutes to center. We loved our stay in Ezama and would go there again.

• 5th Jan 2015

Ezama is kind of plain, but I slept well here. It has hot water. It is very cheap. The kitchen is not the best. Emilio made arrangements for me to go to Laguna 69 and to Glacier Pastoruri. I might have been able to make the arrangements myself for 10 soles less, but then I would have had to spend my time doing that. Much easier just to let him do it. I can recommend Ezama.