Lodging House Ezama Reviews

Mariano Melgar 623, Huaraz, Peru

Emillo and his family are amazing. Very helpful, friendly and accommodating at all hours. Comfy beds. Kitchen on the top floor is pretty basic with nice views. Hot showers. I would advise cooking your own breakfast. Good value for money 15 min walk to town. We just love Emillio basically. Upon arrival we got a useful map of the town. When you do arrive don't forget to knock...

The owner was incredibly friendly. When we got there he gave us a few maps, directions to everywhere we wanted to go, and tips about what we should do. He also let us check in really early and check out really late! Good if you're looking for a quiet place to stay. Couldn't have had a better experience.

I enjoyed my stay so much here!! The owner is so friendly and nice, feels like a family here. I would come back!

Stayed here for 2 nights. The owner of the hostel, Emilio, is the nicest and most hospitable host you will ever meet. Although he has very limited English proficiency, he goes out of his way to help you out. Location wise, it is not close to the town center but I didn't mind as I was in Huaraz for the hikes. It's also very close to Movil Tours bus terminal - which was awesome, it meant I didn't need to spend on a taxi.

Overall it is a very nice hostel. The owner, Emilio, is extremely accommodating and will help you with anything you need. However, there are no lockers in rooms, only one key per dorms that need to be shared, and it's around a 15-20 minute walk to the center of town.

I stayed in a dorm room for two nights and it was only me and another traveler. Not an extremely sociable place but I did meet others who I ended up doing a trek with. The owner is extremely hospitable and did everything in his power to make me feel better when I was sick. He gave me tea and made me soup without charge. He does everything in his power to make you feel like home. Emilio does speak mostly Spanish but was able to get by. Would definitely recommend!

Hostel is located 10-15 min walking from the center. Staff (Emilio) is very friendly and incredibly helpful to help you plan your various activities in the region. Facilities could be better, especially the kitchen, and the rooms and washrooms could be cleaned more often. Dorms are also not locked. Even with that in mind it's still a nice place and worth the money. When I was there, there were many other solo travellers and it was easy to meet people.

Emilio and his lodging house were great, he let me check in hours early and was always helpful with anything i needed. Would definitely stay here again if i were back in huaraz

• 5th Oct 2015

The owner of the hostel was great. He helped with planning tours, giving Information about the area and advices. It is a nice hostal 10 minutes from the center of Huaraz. A little store is close by where you can buy fruites, water, etc. The rooms are clean, the shower has warm water and there is free wifi. Awesome place

Nice quiet place, staff very friendly and gave nice recommendations for activities.

The owner, Emillio is the nicest man in the world! Incredibly helpful out of genuine kindness, not to make a quick buck. He helped us arrange all of the activities we wanted to do, got us really good deals and provided a lot of info with no pressure. The hostel was clean, comfortable beds, private bathooms with hot water, kitchen on the rooftop, dining room and wifi. The wifi didnt work one day and when I informed Emillio, he got straight on the phone to the network provider and sorted it out.