Lodging House Ezama Reviews

Mariano Melgar 623, Huaraz, Peru

I enjoyed my stay so much here!! The owner is so friendly and nice, feels like a family here. I would come back!

Stayed here for 2 nights. The owner of the hostel, Emilio, is the nicest and most hospitable host you will ever meet. Although he has very limited English proficiency, he goes out of his way to help you out. Location wise, it is not close to the town center but I didn't mind as I was in Huaraz for the hikes. It's also very close to Movil Tours bus terminal - which was awesome, it meant I didn't need to spend on a taxi.

Overall it is a very nice hostel. The owner, Emilio, is extremely accommodating and will help you with anything you need. However, there are no lockers in rooms, only one key per dorms that need to be shared, and it's around a 15-20 minute walk to the center of town.

I stayed in a dorm room for two nights and it was only me and another traveler. Not an extremely sociable place but I did meet others who I ended up doing a trek with. The owner is extremely hospitable and did everything in his power to make me feel better when I was sick. He gave me tea and made me soup without charge. He does everything in his power to make you feel like home. Emilio does speak mostly Spanish but was able to get by. Would definitely recommend!

Hostel is located 10-15 min walking from the center. Staff (Emilio) is very friendly and incredibly helpful to help you plan your various activities in the region. Facilities could be better, especially the kitchen, and the rooms and washrooms could be cleaned more often. Dorms are also not locked. Even with that in mind it's still a nice place and worth the money. When I was there, there were many other solo travellers and it was easy to meet people.

Emilio and his lodging house were great, he let me check in hours early and was always helpful with anything i needed. Would definitely stay here again if i were back in huaraz

• 5th Oct 2015

The owner of the hostel was great. He helped with planning tours, giving Information about the area and advices. It is a nice hostal 10 minutes from the center of Huaraz. A little store is close by where you can buy fruites, water, etc. The rooms are clean, the shower has warm water and there is free wifi. Awesome place

Nice quiet place, staff very friendly and gave nice recommendations for activities.

The owner, Emillio is the nicest man in the world! Incredibly helpful out of genuine kindness, not to make a quick buck. He helped us arrange all of the activities we wanted to do, got us really good deals and provided a lot of info with no pressure. The hostel was clean, comfortable beds, private bathooms with hot water, kitchen on the rooftop, dining room and wifi. The wifi didnt work one day and when I informed Emillio, he got straight on the phone to the network provider and sorted it out.

The owner is a really good person that worries about taking you to yours in a safe way but when I arrive he told me that he didn't have a place for me and I already book through hostel world and also happened to many other people. I had lucky because some nice girls said I can sleep in their room but he wasn't organized.

Really enjoyed my stay at ezamas. Had a solo room on the roof which was everything I needed - nice comfy bed, warm blankets, great view. The guesthouse is a 10 minute walk from the centre - which you'll be glad as Huaraz is suprisingly noisy, and ezamas location is nicely away from the hustle and bustle...the family running the guesthouse were really friendly and kind. The place was really secure, not that I found Huaraz unsafe at all. Cheap, welcoming and quiet - recommended

The guesthouse Ezama is just amazing. The location itself is average, but the owner of the hostel Emilio is the best guesthouse owner I have ever met. He doesn't speak a lot English, but he personally took his time to show us Huaraz. He also server fresh breakfast every day and he is just friendly and awesome. After doing a 4 day Santa Cruz Trekking we felt like coming home, when we arrived there afterwards. Definitely a great owner and a good friend :)

Emilio the owner is super kind! Got in super early after an overnight bus ride and he got me checked in quickly and I was able to get right into bed and sleep. He helped organize both the Lago 69 and Glacier Pastoruri tours and it was no problem when my plans changed and I stayed an extra night. The hostel is also his family's home and it felt nice and safe and quiet, shower was hot and the bed was warm. I would definitely stay again if I was ever in Huaraz.

The place is really good - yet simple - and super clean. Emilio, the owner, is very welcoming and friendly. We had a really pleasant stay at Ezama. It is a bit far from Huaraz downtown, but this is not very important since all tours can pick you up at Ezama; it is safe to walk in Huaraz during the day and night; if you are really tired you can grab a cab and will cost you only 3 soles and Huaraz downtown does not have so many attractions that will make you want to stay there. We loved it!