Loki del Mar Reviews

Avienda Piura #262, Mancora, Peru

This place feels like a resort and is right in the centre of Mancora and walks out onto the beach. We booked an 8 bed dorm on the web site but they put us in a 10 bed, which was OK since they emailed about it first. The hostel would be improved with a kitchen for guest use but is otherwise a great place! I can see how you might end up here for a week.

Great place to stay however it is certainly not a place to get a good nights sleep… This is a party hostel but a very nice one at that.

So this the place to stay in Mancora for a good time!. Loki is located bang in the centre of town, on the beach. Its a lot of fun with events every night. (Mostly) great staff, spacious dorms, not too noisy, slow wifi (sometimes it wasn't working at all). But great atmosphere and a lot of fun for a few days. Would stay here again! The best value by far. The place is like a resort more than a hostel

Only come to this hostel if you wish to party every night until atleast 2am! the noise makes it impossible to sleep before that time, but perfect if you want to party every day :))) the rest is excellent

If you want a relaxing time, don't stay here. If you want to party, this place is amazing. Fantastic pool and bar area, surprisingly excellent food, relatively expensive alcohol. Reception manager is very helpful.

Must be the best hostel South America. Absolutely amazing. Only downside is that the bar is expensive, so be careful. As for Mancora, it an be quite rough at night so don't walk around alone.

Great party hostel. Very noisy in the rooms closest to the beach and clubs. Spotty wifi. Hot showers. The place to stay in Mancora.

Good party hostel right on the beach. I'd recommend staying here for a couple of nights whilst in Mancora especially in low season because everywhere else in town is deserted. The hostel looks like a holiday resort and there's always something going on in the bar. Overall pretty much what you'd expect from a Loki.

Great staff works here. Specially people that does amazing job behind the scene !! Really appreciate the help that all people have given to me while I broke my foot because of an outdoor sport

I loved loki del mar! It's set up like a resort, the pool is great, the bar staff fun and there's tons of activities and stuff to do. Music is loud, but is the same almost everywhere in town- go if you want a party! You kind of end up spending quite some money for food (which is great, btw- get the tuna salad) and drinks.

Great location, close to the beach and restaurants etc, and has an awesome pool. Food and drinks are tasty and reasonably priced. Bar is very loud until 2am so if you are not a party person I wouldn't stay here!

Excellent hostel! Great location on the beach, plus a large pool and bar area. Staff were awesome and there is always a party going on. Food from the bar is nice. I had a great time here, and think you'd be mad to stay anywhere else!

Straight resort status. Standard Loki time.

I Love te staff of Loki del Mar. They went about and Beyond Specially Jorge from Chile when trying to cheer my Friend up on her birthday. They treated is Like family and make our Night! I Love This place, i will recommend it to my friends. Defínetly there is room for the improvement only for the food.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Peru

There were three shots on our bill that we hadn't had. The reception staff were rude and treated us as if we were lying, and we were told we had to wait to speak to the manager. The reception staff were rude and grumpy throughout. Otherwise such a good hostel, great pool and bar, cheap food and right on the beach. Could be more flexible on changing food order (eg extra of chips, bacon instead of cheese

This hostel is loads of fun. The wifi is pretty terrible but you'll most likely be too busy socialising to care. The hostel has a great resort style set up which makes it really easy to meet people. Relaxed beach vibe during the day which picks up the pace at night. The food is good too... You just might have to ask a few times before it arrives.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Wifi is terrible. Party atmosphere really lacked compared to other Loki's. We ended up partying at other hostels. Stay at Point Hostel instead.

This is a party hostel, don't come here if you want sleep, good set up but some of the staff are a bit 'too cool for school', customer service is not their strong point - especially the Aussie bar manager. Look out for the Argentinian with dreads...he will try

very nice hostel! looks like a hotel. nice pool - good location - hot showers - giant lockers - restaurant - bar - parties - in frnt of the beach - nothing to complain about. keep in mind, it's a very big hostel and it's loki --> my phone got stolen so keep an eye on your belongings alwaays! staff was helpfull trying to look at security video etc

Great hostel, like a Palace. I liked my stay there - mostly because of the pool ;) no seriously it is fun. And actually you will find sleep unless you dont go to bed at 10. After 12-01 it is quiet. Cheers, Once Loki always Loki.

• 17th Jul 2014