Loki del Mar Reviews

Avienda Piura #262, Mancora, Peru

A cut above. Good work Loki.

its Loki, you probably know what you're getting already. This one is a bit different to the others though, more of a holiday resort feel. Pools great, bars great, foods great. beds are a little more basic than usual, but lets be honest you're not staying at Loki for the beds. Best and liveliest hostel in Mancora by far.

A fun party hostel close to the beach. The noise is a little loud into the night but was as expected. The pool and quick access to the beach was nice.

Staying at Loki was a great experience. You can feel a good vibe since the moment you arrive. If you want some days of relaxing time and your plan is just chilling in a nice atmosphere, then Loki is what you're looking for.

Awesome place with choice staff. Go for a party and smash some blood bombs for NZ

Enjoyable stay, lovely pool. The lockers were big enough to put all your bags into which was great and you could also charge your phone/camera inside the lockers. The only issue was that they let outside people into the bar but there is no security between the bar and the rooms. It's a party hostel so loud noise is a given.

Fun hostel, great location close to the beach. It's beautiful, with a pool and hammocks that you can relax in during the day. Definitely a party spot, so don't plan on getting much sleep before the bar closes (about 1am). The bathrooms could be cleaner, and the sheets don't fit the bed very well, but the showers are hot and have good water pressure. Great place to meet other people who are traveling, everyone is very friendly. Don't bring large bills, getting change is hard.

• 12th Jun 2015

Aside from the manager, the staff in particular the bar staff are extremely rude and unhelpful. If you are looking for a hostel like the cafeteria in mean girls where tge jocks and bitches rule then this is the hostel for you!!!!! Would not recommended!

Yeeeewwwwwwww! Bring lots of sunscreen and a backpack full of condoms because there's no escaping the party! Try and get out of there by day 4 or you'll have a fever by day 5. Drink plenty of water and watch out for the cheeky tuk tuk drivers.

Wouldnt recommend staying here. Place is a hole, no vibe and rude staff. Eaten alive by mosquitos and rooms were hot.

• 12th Apr 2015

We enjoyed our stay at Loki, the beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. The screw on my locker was broken though which meant I could just pull it out and open it even though my lock was on it. I am also annoyed as we checked out we were charged the full amount per night per person and the deposit I paid via hostel world was not deducted.

During my stay at the Loki I came across angry reseptionists and bitchy managers. only people that smile at you making you feel at home are the volunteers at the bar! New people get in the room realy early in the morning,the only one razing their voices, slamming the door are the reseptionists that show the room, Oh and make sure you check your bill therowly before leaving coz I found an extra meal I didn't have and they didn't deduct the pay I already made to hostelworld.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Israel

A true party hostel with a fun crowd.

Firstly, it gets booked up very quickly and we had to stay somewhere else before, which were rubbish compared to loki. It is a party hostel yet we aren't massive drinkers but still found it bearable in a 6 bed girls dorm which was so clean and great showers. The food is amazing and cheap!!! We never left

This place needs a serious clean, the management could start with buying new sheets that fits the mattress so that you are not forced to see the stains of previous guests! Our toilet was leaking water for three days into the room but we were so wasted that we didn't care! I would recommend drinking outside of the hostel, or during happy hour, so that you don't create a massive tab in the bar! Pool is ok, and there are lots of games/entertainment.

Wifi shocking, didn't pick any up whilst there and neither did anyone else we spoke to. Great location. Rooms dirty, bathrooms disgusting. If you want to party this is good fun though!

I had a lot of fun here but the room I was in was absolutely vile. The bathroom flooded every time someone took a shower and was filthy, sand all over my bed when I first got there, the lockers were all broken and it was generally just a disgusting place. It is a lot of fun you need to just spend as little time as possible in the room!

We expected to surf in Mancora, but there were no waves when we were there. but luckily Loki is a great place to stay, the area around the pool is nice and the parties at night are great!

Bad: No breakfast Wifi did not work for 3 days Toilets not cleaned in dorms often enough (bin overflowing with toilet paper, no toilet paper) No fan in the dormitory and ceiling fan broken. Didn't seem to engage with bar crowd as much as other Lokis. Good: Great pool Right by best part of the beach Cheap bar OK priced food

So loose!