Loki del Mar Reviews

Avienda Piura #262, Mancora, Peru

Aside from the manager, the staff in particular the bar staff are extremely rude and unhelpful. If you are looking for a hostel like the cafeteria in mean girls where tge jocks and bitches rule then this is the hostel for you!!!!! Would not recommended!

Wouldnt recommend staying here. Place is a hole, no vibe and rude staff. Eaten alive by mosquitos and rooms were hot.

• 12th Apr 2015

We enjoyed our stay at Loki, the beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. The screw on my locker was broken though which meant I could just pull it out and open it even though my lock was on it. I am also annoyed as we checked out we were charged the full amount per night per person and the deposit I paid via hostel world was not deducted.

During my stay at the Loki I came across angry reseptionists and bitchy managers. only people that smile at you making you feel at home are the volunteers at the bar! New people get in the room realy early in the morning,the only one razing their voices, slamming the door are the reseptionists that show the room, Oh and make sure you check your bill therowly before leaving coz I found an extra meal I didn't have and they didn't deduct the pay I already made to hostelworld.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Israel

A true party hostel with a fun crowd.

This place needs a serious clean, the management could start with buying new sheets that fits the mattress so that you are not forced to see the stains of previous guests! Our toilet was leaking water for three days into the room but we were so wasted that we didn't care! I would recommend drinking outside of the hostel, or during happy hour, so that you don't create a massive tab in the bar! Pool is ok, and there are lots of games/entertainment.

Wifi shocking, didn't pick any up whilst there and neither did anyone else we spoke to. Great location. Rooms dirty, bathrooms disgusting. If you want to party this is good fun though!

I had a lot of fun here but the room I was in was absolutely vile. The bathroom flooded every time someone took a shower and was filthy, sand all over my bed when I first got there, the lockers were all broken and it was generally just a disgusting place. It is a lot of fun you need to just spend as little time as possible in the room!

We expected to surf in Mancora, but there were no waves when we were there. but luckily Loki is a great place to stay, the area around the pool is nice and the parties at night are great!

Bad: No breakfast Wifi did not work for 3 days Toilets not cleaned in dorms often enough (bin overflowing with toilet paper, no toilet paper) No fan in the dormitory and ceiling fan broken. Didn't seem to engage with bar crowd as much as other Lokis. Good: Great pool Right by best part of the beach Cheap bar OK priced food

So loose!

No WiFi which is unacceptable in such a big hostel. Staff at the front desk were lazy and uninterested.

Most fun hostel I've ever been too. Yes, it's noisy, but everyone knows that going in. Get ready for slushies, blood bombs, dancing on the bar, and the best hostel ever... Head to Loki del Mar, and be prepared for the time of your life!

Good hostel. Only disadvantage above other hostels is the Wifi. There is no WiFi at Loki del Mar, so you will have to go to a restaurant for that.

It's Loki, not much else to say

Just the cleaning can improve a lot, but party is jus what you're expecting to do here.

Good value for money. The beach at Mancora is beautiful and this place is only a minute away. The place wasn't the cleanest but it was still fine. Good if you want to party ~ the bar is busy and the music goes all night. There is a pool for daytime but not as nice as the beach. If you prefer to relax in a cosy environment or can't sleep through noise, don't stay here. Wifi isn't very good.

Party, party, party and that's what you get - and the kind of people you meet. As a backpacker you're away from home for so long and also value the comfy feel of a place. Loki doesn't offer that. Food is good, bar prices are reasonable and staff is nice. I felt safe in there but this being Mancora you'll find lots of people on drugs and people doing drugs in the rooms. However, Loki did kick people out if caught.

This hostel looks like it was actually a resort that they just added more beds to. The pool is amazing. The restaurant was amazing as well. Great bar specials. Rooms were comfy enough. Bathroom in our dorm was pretty gross but definitely not the worst I've seen. But man oh man is it freaking loud in the dorm rooms. Our room backed up directly to a club that blasted music until around 3am. Otherwise, a good place. Would really benefit from a kitchen.

Stay there ONLY if you want to party - every day. If not, you want get a good sleep. It is loud. beds are uncomfortable. bathrooms are dirty. At daytime it is pretty nice though to chill at the pool. Food is cheap too. Staff at the bar is very nice. Staff at the reception is the worst so far - bored, can't give you any informatin, not friendly.