Los Mostros Hostel Reviews

Calle 54 Este, Casa 7, Marbella, Panama City, Panama

Great atmosphere, very firendly and helful staff - only stayed 1 night as a stopover but would definitely recommend

Awesome location, nice pool.

• 14th Mar 2014

Air con dripped all over my bed and got my stuff wet on the floor because it hadn't been properly maintained (the hose was clogged) pardon the pun but not cool. I booked into a 4 bed room and was put in the cavelike hut by the pool with 8 beds. Wanted to just go with the flow but regret not saying anything at check in. The cave has very little room to put your gear. If you get a main building room then You will probably have a better experience.

This definitely felt like a 'party hostel' to me. I lot of sitting around drinking beer and listening tousic. My one complaint as an older hosteller is there is no quiet area to sit and write or read. Even the TV room was loud and not because of the TV. There are still some travellers that are actually here to travel and read about and see the sights, not just bar hop. I would suggesto the very helpful and friendly staff that they see if they could find a quiet space for that type of traveller.

Great hostel! Nice building with very inviting and sociable common areas. Has a great tour service with people offering tours all over Panama. Great dorm with excellent beds and silent aircon. Enourmous bathroom, and lockers placed in a separate room, great for not disturbing others! Very friendly staff, and good location. Nice backyard with a pool, though the pool good benefit from being cleaned more often. Also wifi was not working a lot of the time, which was annoying. All in all excellent!

I enjoyed very much my stay there. I had such a short time for visiting Panama and if the staff was not so helpful I just couldn´t make to visit Panama City and San Blas. Thanks so much!!!

Great place! Clean and safe, the stuff is really friendly and helpful! The pool is wellkept and a nice refreshment!

• 27th Jan 2014

nice place to stay in Panama City, very good loaction

Good hostel in a safe location (a bit away from the old town though). Huge bathrooms, good kitchen, great atmosphere. There were some issues with the internet, but presumably only temporary.

Thanks a lot ! tchow

• 6th Jan 2014

I have seen four hostels (due to staying with friends vs. travelling alone while transferring through PC a couple of times) and I can clearly state it is the best hostel for me in Panama City: spacy dorms + each one with attached bath, separate lockers per guest, AC, great pool and garden, organized activities, well equipped kitchen, ping pong + pool table, motivated + engaged and fluently English speaking staff and lots of shops and restaurants around not far from the water front. Loved it!!!!

Good location in the city center, competent staff and ncie common areas. The doors are quiet, AC working fine and clean bathrooms. We very much enjoyed our stay, nothing to complain about. When we arrived the night before our planed stay at 5 a.m., they offered us to get the room then allready for 5$ which was really nice. Hint: Always book through hostelworld as booking through them directly (or extending your stay costs more (16$ through hostelworld, 20$ when extending through them).

Highly recommend staying here!! The pool, the pool table, the staff and the atmosphere is second to none!! Stayed on few different occasions during my trip, and always had great people staying and all the staff went above and beyond for me! Especially Flo:). Love los mostros!!

• 18th Dec 2013

Awesome hostel crew, and 10stars for atmosphere and Pool Table and Pool !

• 7th Dec 2013

Very good location, friendly & helpful stuff. I will recommend my friends & family about the hostel. It will be appreciated if they sell Metro Bus card in the counter. I don't mind if they sell $2.00 card to $5:00 and make some profit. It was very difficult for me for find Metro Bus ticket sell counter. I spent 45 minutes to find it because I do not speak Spanish . People hardly speak English in Panama. I had a excellent experience in Panama. I will visit again in future.

The breakfast is not the best one, but everything else is just perfect.

Everything was wonderful. Thanks a lot to all the staff.

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Colombia

Great place with a great staff. Thanks for the good times.

Okay place to stay, it's a very social hostel. I personally think the preference would be to stay in the old town over this place. The old town is very cool and has plenty of nice bars and restaurants. Something the new area lacks .

By far one of the many Hostels I've ever been to. Great staff, location, atmosphere ..... Totally worth it!