Los Mostros Hostel Reviews

Calle 54 Este, Casa 7, Marbella, Panama City, Panama

Los Mostros is closer to the high rises than Casco Viejo which meant that while I needed to taxi ($3-5 each way, unless the taxi drivers tried to stiff you) to the old town, I was able to see another part of the city. The hostel had good common spaces and a pool, but the palce did not encourage much mingling of guests. Also the breakfast was corn flakes, instant coffee and tea, and toast with no butter - call me selfish, but I would have loved a variety of jams or butter, or fruit.

Great staff that were always helpful. Good common areas including a good TV room. Good WiFi and get a 10 or 15% discount at the restaurant down the road. Walking distance to a big mall and big alcohol store.

Actually we wanted to stay there 4 nights but after some stuff got stolen, we decided to move to another place! After I told the reception girl that some of mine stuff got stolen, she did not care at all.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Perfect setup for the weary backpacker or fun seeking business traveler. I enjoyed and particularly liked the staff. Way to go Mike and Flor! Thanks for making my stay a fantastic one. See you soon at Hostal Nomba in Boquete.

Staff very friendly and helpful

The staff at Los Mostros were so friendly and helpful. My bag got lost at the airport and they liaised in Spanish with the airport staff so that it was quickly returned. Amazing! The location is close to the malls and some of the big hotels and about a 40 minute walk from Casco Viejo. The beds were incredibly comfy and even had a blanket incase of over zealous air conditioning. Perfect for anyone looking for a slightly quieter few days and a little bit of comfort.

• 25th Jul 2015

This is a good hostel and hits everything a person needs. I'm writing this review to thank the receptionist Ezequiel, I found him very amicable and helpful. When I asked about renting a bike he helped organised that for me before letting me use his own personal mountain bike on two separate days to explore the city. Thanks again, it was really appreciated! Glen

I only stayed for a night but really enjoyed my stay. They provided plenty of transportation and access to different places such as the Panama Canal and the airport at a very reasonable price. The staff was very nice and helpful as well. Overall it was a good stay and I'd love to come back.

• 17th Jul 2015

Los Mostros was a wonderful stay! The staff treats you like a friend instead of a guest, which was very nice. I enjoyed the freedom of not needing a key. Wifi is everywhere in the hostel. The air con was on at night which was perfect. Spent a lot of time chilling in the backyard. Met so many great people. I wish more hostels were like Los Mostros Hostel! Thank you for a great first experience in Panama.

The accommodations are nice and clean. Air condioning working from 9pm-9am. Nice pool.

Super helpful staff, 100% clean, great location near everything you might need in the city, and a cheap cab-ride from Centro Histórico and Mercado de Mariscos. I would definitely recommend Los Mostros to any backpacker arriving to Panamá.

This hostel is really just a house that they have converted into a hostel (similar to most in Panama City). For that reason, it definitely has more of a community feeling which is nice since there are several common areas. The cons are that it is not really near anything apart from the mall. Taxis are cheap, but it is not really within walking distance to any sights.

Great hostel! Best one in panama we stayed by far. Super clean, confy beds and AC on working all night! Huge outdoors area with swimming pool and bbq area. Super recommended!