Los Mostros Hostel Reviews

Calle 54 Este, Casa 7, Marbella, Panama City, Panama

Nice location in a safe area. Close to shops and bank. I didn't book any tours or anything, but staff were really cool and helpful with info about the city. Dorm was a bit too hot as air con didn't reach my side of the room. The common areas are pretty good. I didn't really use the kitchen, but it looked clean and spacious. The pool looks much better in pics.

The hostel was alright - can't complain much about the price. There is two tiny bathrooms for the entire hostel to shower in which was kinda rough. The hostel was also full of Israelis, they sort of took over the whole hostel. I didn't really like the vibe of the hostel. Normally hostels are very communal and eclectic to where you can find out about a lot of things to do the second you get there, but they just kept talking about San Blas and nothing else.

• 28th Aug 2014

It was a wonderful experience and I recommend it to anyone going to Panama!, all the guys who are the members of staff there are super friendly, they helped us at all time, they even arranged tour trip to San Blas which was so great. The pool was the best, with the warm weather of panama there is nothing better than that. Good breakfast, and overall no complaints. Recommended!

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Costa Rica

grate hostel with very good environment, very good location, far enough from downtown to escape the mess but close enough to get there. the staff is very help-full and they have a 24 hour front desk. the hostel over all was clean and the facilities are ideal.

• 23rd Jul 2014

I would not stay here again!! Very rude staff. No one I spoke to was ever helpful or friendly. I arrived and was told they didn't have a room for me even though I reserved in advance, they said I had to stay in the hostel 5 buildings down. WiFi was very slow, only 1 bathroom for 3 dorm rooms meant long waits. It wasn't that clean. Do yourselves a favourite and stay in Casa Viejo, there is nothing around here, not even grocery stores or places to eat. Magnolia Inn was SO much better!!

upon arrival our booking was stuffed up - only 1 dorm bed was booked instead of 2 so a staff member had to go and beg a guest to swap with us. after 30 mins that was sorted and we got shown to our cesspool of a room - the carpet had not been vacuumed in at LEAST a month, it was disgusting. one of us got the dorm bed directly under the aircon - a buzzing hum all night. AND, the bins in the bathroom were always overflowing - FERAL. breakfast was terrible - bread & the cheapest jam possible.

This hostel is not a great hostel compared to hostels in other countries, but in comparison to other hostels in Panama City, it may be the best. It's good if you are looking for a party but also want to get some sleep. Luna Castle has a good location but is purely a party hostel-the rooms look butt-hot and the music from the bar goes through till the early morning so you will not sleep. Magnolia Inn has a good location, but there is no pool. Los Mostros is okay but perhaps your best option.