Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

925/9 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

2068 Total Reviews

Very new and extremely clean hostel. Plenty of security, especially for the female dorm. Staff were friendly but a lot couldn't help me general questions. Wifi good in common area but that meant nobody spoke to each other!Showers all hot and powerful, plenty enough for everyone. Bed were comfy, with side lights and loads of space to put your things. Big lockers in the room. I found it's location both bad and good. Great for bts links, and right by Mbk centre, but far away from main sights.

The staff is marvelous .they always smile and speak a very good english .you can ask questions at the info desk for free and they know a lot.the best place in bangkok!

Good location with a skytrain station located right in front of the hostel. Clean shared bathroom with no shortage of hot water. A bit expensive but an overall good experience.

Very clean hostel located conveniently at Siam Square and just steps from National Stadium BTS Skytrain. I stayed in a private twin room with my friend for our first 2 nights to catch some sleep, and we did! It's not a very social hostel in my opinion so if you are looking to meet people, I've heard their other location is way better.

• 10th Jan 2015

This hostel is so well kept. The facilities are spotless. I have never stayed in a hostel with cleaner bathrooms!! Impeccable. The beds were comfortable, and had individual lights, cubbie, shelf and plug points. The linen is warm enough for an AC room but comfortable. Very well located in Siam square-- easy access to skytrain, taxis, tuk tuks, shops, street food and markets. They do not, however, provide towels. Only negative is that it felt a little less warm than other places. Still social.

Good location. Strong smell in bedroom like detergent.

This is prime real estate in Bangkok!! Everything is within walking distance and it is in the middle of everything going on which is great! It was very clean, comfortable and the staff was helpful. Would definitely come back to Bangkok and stay here!!

Wow. Went to Thailand for a month and this is THE best hostel I stayed in. Facilities were clean and the staff were friendly. 5 min walking distance to the big malls in siam and right next to bts station. Couldn't ask for a better hostel

• 29th Dec 2014

Great location for the hostel and the staff was very welcoming and informational. This hostel has many rooms so it was a bit hard to meet people which was one negative but other than that I really enjoyed my time here. Very clean facility and right below the SkyTrain. Easy to get to and from other locations as well as the airport. When I come back to Bangkok, I will definitely stay here again.

Nice hostel. Clean facilities and helpful staff. Reasonably priced, but definitely not on the low end. Not great food / breakfast options in the hostel, even for buying.

good location, and convenient, but with odd fragrance .

Great hostel. Location is not the greatest unless you want to visit giant shopping malls.

Very nice

The hotel is located in the commercial area of Bangkok very close to the sky-train station, very easy to move around. My room was not very big and a little big too dark, but overall honest. I liked the staff and the hotel's common areas.

A bit high on the price for a place with little to no atmosphere and identity. More of a boutique hotel than anything else. Rooms are excellent and clean but no real communal space for inhabitants to meet up and talk. Facilities are mostly under-utilized. For the location however, it is a high price to pay. Second time to this hostel, nothing much to shout about.

New facilities which are excellent, but atmosphere was lacking. Not sure if because people are jet lagged from arriving at Bangkok, but didn't get a family vibe at hostel. Easy to get to from BKK airport.

Pros: This was definitely the cleanest hostel we stayed at in Thailand - so that's a big plus! Showers were great too, excellent water pressure and heat. Good for scrubbing away layers of Bangkok sweat and dirt. Beds were relatively comfy and they had washers...and DRYERS! Wow. This is a luxury for me even just living in Prague. Location was amazing too. Definitely worth staying in Siam Square if you plan to take the train a lot. Cons: Not a ton of communal space for meeting people. :(

Nice modern and open hostel in a very conveniant location. The staff was very helpful, they always wrote down our destination addresses in Thai for the taxi drivers. Our double room was spacious with separate bath and toilet rooms. As the location is very central and the facilities rather open, it can get very noisy (large street, metro, concerts...). But in sum great place for a few nights.

• 10th Dec 2014

Good hostel to start the trip off with due to it's proximity to the BTS line. Nice facilities, but the person above me got bedbugs, which surprised me because the place seemed clean. They were very accomodating though and moved me to a different room and gave me money to clean my clothes (even though I did not get bedbugs). Also, not much of a social atmosphere while I was there, but it was the beginning of the week.

This hostel was ok, but had absolutely no atmosphere and it was tricky to meet and talk to other backpackers as there was no real communal area. staff weren't that helpful except for the girl in charge of tours, which meant the queues to talk to her were big. odd area too. great room and facilities though so if you like it quiet it'd be perfect. I've heard since that the other Lub d is amazing though, so I'd go there in future.

« first « Prev 1 2 3