Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

925/9 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

1921 Total Reviews

My room had bedbugs. I stayed in a dorm room, and everyone in the room was bitten by the creepy crawlers. I also found one bug under my pillow and showed it to the staff (for proof). The staff were excellent and moved all of us to better, bug free rooms after the problem was brought to their attention. They also washed our bags and clothes for free. The staff were amazing, very helpful and apologetic, but I'd never stay here again.

Great place, rooms are really smart for a hostel and the bathrooms are spotless and really nice. Got good sleep as it's quite and has great ac in the rooms. Really smart chill out area with PCs to use. The staff are really friendly and helpful and the breakfast is good and cheap. Also easy to use the train to get to the airport! Station right outside door. Booked again for our return night on Bangkok!

• 16th Apr 2014

top location in a lively area of bkk, staff is super friendly and helps you finding new friends for your stay. awesome!

Near to BTS, nice hostel, but the hostel do not provide breakfast and drinking water which was most of the hostels is provided.

Found the hostel to be located in a fantastic location! Not to far from MBK which helps with cheaps buys and lunch. In addition to the BRS(metro) within touching distance to the rest of BKK. The bar at the hostel creates a good start to the evening also. The facilities at the hostel are also good. Highly recommend the hostel to long term and short term travellers.

great funky little hostel!

Really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend. Very clean, tidy, comfy beds and pillows, plug and personal light by each bed, large lockers to use in each room (bring your own lock), lush showers and clean toilets. Computers available in reception (which I came to realise is rare in Thailand), good wifi throughout, good A/C, super friendly trip booker person in reception (very knowledgable and helpful), friendly staff, comfy common areas, luggage storage. Good location and transport links.

A little noisy at night but bearable.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

This is a marvellous hostel. Great location near Siam Square. Well away from the carnage of ko san road. Super clean and great staff. Although they beat me at jenga :-) I've stayed here 3 times now and would have no hesitation on staying here again. The wifi is great. The common area is really comfy and with a tour office inside they are always on hand to help with sight seeing and trips. An out side bar is great added bonus. As is the movie room. This ranks as one of the best hostels

Central located hostel near Siam Square. Nice and fancy location! The hostel offers a luggage store for max. 2 month!!! The street is very loud...

room was a bit dark. the rest was perfect, especially the number of plugs for everyone :)

Always happy to be a returning guest! The location can't be beat! Really wonderful staff, and they even remembered what I like for breakfast! :) Comfortable sleep, good showers, and a friendly vibe.

Nice Hostel, very friendly and helpfull staff. Would stay here again when back in BKK.

Awesome. Nothing to complain. Good beds with air con, lockers in the room. Everything clean. Shared bathrooms very nice and clean. Perfectly located and connected. Plus, every tuk tuk guy knows where the hotel is. Great staff, very polite and helpful. Good common areas. Wifi everywhere and laundry machines. Perfect in every sense.

First hostel i had stayed in, in Thailand. Found it very clean, safe and well located. Staff are willing to help.

• 4th Mar 2014

Its a really cool place,nice and clean,good location ,five mins walking from all the big shopping mall and right outside the sky train station,stuff were so friendly and helpful,love everything there:-)

Nothin more to say cuz this accomodation was the best

I've always enjoyed staying at the Lub D hostels. There are some things to note though during this time while the protests are happening. This location is directly across from where the protesters sleep and where the streets are blocked off. Overall it was safe. Should you want to arrive by taxi, it is highly unlikely that the taxi will be able to make it there as the road is blocked off. Also, my room was particularly mildewy this time which that combined with AC, got me sick.

AMAZING HOSTEL! Definitely one of the best ones I've ever stayed in. I was originally at the Siam Square location but was moved because of the riots. The facilities here are amazing, the bathrooms are SO clean and huge, and although I didn't go on them, I've heard the weekly pub crawls are great too. The staff is extremely helpful too! Would definitely stay here again.

Loved my experience here. It was perfect for myself and my two other friends.

• 18th Feb 2014