Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

925/9 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

Not worth the money at all! We found a way better hostel for 1/3 of the price! The rooms are teeny tiny jail cells and they put perfumy air fresheners everywhere which reek up the entire hostel. I was on a top bunk and smacked my head on the ceiling every time I sat up. The showers were ok - but the toilets were open in the room where the showers were so you could hear everything! Not good location. Not worth the money!!!!!! Don't go!

3 of us were travelling together and booked our reservation together but somehow got placed in separate rooms, the rooms are super tiny! No room to move around and smelt horrible. Staff spoke very little English/didn't understand. And it's over priced for 600bht a night and no free breakfast. Not worth it at all. We needed up relocating to the Bed Station hostel. Tour desk is unless, and no tour information. Only thing to do in the area is shop. Near nothing else.

• 21st Nov 2015

I was really impressed with the facilities. — everything was very clean, beds were comfortable, bathrooms were nice. Also the staff were awesome and there is a Travel Agency right inside the lobby! Downsides: being in the top bunk was a bit of a struggle and the place wasn't as social as I had hoped.

Good hostel right by Siam Paragon and MBK. Staff generally very helpful (some more than others!) very clean facilities and good wifi access. Was about 30mins from Khao San road in the evening traffic

The hostel is pretty modern and clean. But the staff is the worst ever. They are not willing to help you, don't know how to give information and poorly speak any english (for a big and famous hostel like that, they shoul). The only guy who speaks english (clearly not a thai guy) never smiles when talking to you. I felt that everytime I had to talk to the staff I was kind bothering them. Oh, and it says they accept credit card but when you get there the machine actually does not work very well.

Great location, clean and secure. Had the delux double room.

One of my top 3 hostel stays. Don't think.. just go for it.

• 30th Oct 2015
  • India

Right in center of the city, close mrt. There s 2 big hotels next door. Maybe lub d was the biggest hostel i ve ever stayed. Unfortunately it was stop over for me, wish to stay here longer.

Second time I was in Bangkok staying at this hostel, and it won't be the last.

I enjoyed my stay here. It was my first time backpacking and the common area is pretty good for meeting new people.I love that they have free popcorn too. The bathrooms are really clean, dry and well ventilated all the time. I would personally stay here again if I ever return to Bangkok. The location is good if you're here for shopping. However, I find that the cupboards for storing bags have a weird smell. :/

Nice hostel, good location. Dorms very small (4 bed), a bit cramped and odd grey colour, but lockers nice and big. Useful shelves next to bed. Clean bathrooms, nice showers and good facilities. Staff very helpful. Paid 350 baht to use swimming pool on top floor of hotel next door, would definitely recommend as the view is amazing!

Great hostel. very helpful staff, clean and well organized. nice location as well. the plug point do not work without the keys in the room. so you cant leave stuff for charging when you are away.

Unbelievably clean (seriously) and fantastic atmosphere. The staff are super friendly and will help you with anything. The rooms are perfectly air conditioned and the facilities are great. I've been traveling for 4 months and have stayed in many hostels and this was the nicest by far.

Awesome stay at the Lub D! I was tired and sick after traveling when I checked in and everyone working here made check in so easy and helped me get my own room even though I'd booked a dorm, which I really appreciated. Nice community atmosphere without feeling like a raging party 24/7. Location is a bit far from main going out parts of town, but couldn't be any closer to the train. Room was very clean, just wish the AC had worked a little better. Would stay here again as the staff are great!!!

Fantastic Hostel, very accomadating and welcoming! Great help when needed, lovely room, bed a little hard for my other half but other than that it was a real delight, mainly why we moved onto the Lub.d Silom as they are best accomadating we have had so far! Highly recommended!

Location was superb, right next to the train station. Staff were lovely and helpful. Rooms are quite small but the air-conditioning (sorely needed) is second to none. Bathrooms are constantly cleaned. Warning - no lift and the top level is 4 floors away but the lovely gentleman staff are happy to help you carry it up! Would definitely recommend and stay again!

• 21st Sep 2015

I would like to say that the room was really small but if you dont care because you go only to sleep i would recomend this hostel. Possitive, the bathroom and the hostel in general very clean and it is really new. Negative: Small room and the living room was not really as a good backpacker hostel, but enough.

A great hostel, well located and very clean and comfortable

everything you need with great and kind staff location is not the best but still very good

A great location if you want to go shopping, with easy access to the major shopping centres such as MBK, and an easy skytrain ride to Chatachuk market. I stayed in a double room, which had a separate toilet and shower, and was provided with a TV and hairdryer. It wasn't the best place for meeting people, and I think it is a little overpriced for a hostel. There can also be quite a lot of noise at night from the main road and music playing as the building isn't enclosed. Earplugs solve this.

« first « Prev 1 2 3