Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

925/9 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

1917 Total Reviews

Lub D Siam square is a fine hostel. The location is great: close to MBK with its discount shopping and various food courts. The staff was well informed and very helpful. Sitting on the patio with a beer late at night, watching Bangkok's endless traffic is entertaining. The theater studios a few minutes away put on outdoor performances that are fun to watch, even though the dialogue is in Thai. I stayed in the women only section and was quite comfortable. By the way, I am 77.

• 1st Nov 2013

My only comment is that I wish guests are allowed to bring iron into the room. dont mind paying for deposit for that. just think it's more convenient than having to do downstairs each time (especially those who keep buying clothes that need ironing. ;) Other than that, it was a wonderful stay for me and my friends, strategic location, helpful staffs (and the movie room was great) and I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends.

There was a mixup with my reservation for the last night, they had me checking out a day before my flight. They figured it out, and even tho' they had a "fully booked" sign on the desk they were able to let me keep my bed for one more night. They went over and beyond to make my first time in Thailand, and in Bangkok smooth and comfortable.

It was great that he hostel staff let us make use of their facilities (theatre room, bathrooms, wifi) past our check out time (midday) due to our bus departure at 6pm. We really appreciated it as it was our first stop after a very exhausting flight.

• 29th Oct 2013

The best hostel I stayed at by a country mile. Everybody was friendly and the rooms were sooo comfortable! Close to shopping centres and the train station! Will be coming back for another visit!

Lub d is an incredibly well run hostel. The facilities are absolutely state of the art: keycards & sensors, super modern & clean bathrooms, great rooms, well furnished common area. It's absolutely top notch! It's probably the nicest hostel I've stayed in (out of the 10 or so counties I've visited in my travels). The price for the private room was slightly expensive, but well worth the price. Atmosphere was generally nice and staff was helpful and polite.

If you're looking for a hostel that's affordable, clean and accessible to public transpo, LubdB is worth it. If ever I go to Bangkok again, I'll definitely stay in this hostel again.

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Philippines

The hostel was super-clean, staff were really friendly and it's so easy to find once you come out the MTR station. Great if you want somewhere to stay that's easy to get to after your flight, really close to Siam Square, Siam Paragon if you fancy some shopping. The communal area is right next to reception and isn't very big so isn't the best place for meeting other travellers but it's a good starting location before moving on to other hostels.

• 25th Oct 2013

Lively ambience, clean environment, friendly staff, excellent location to get to most places from - will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Bangkok.

Good staffs and good atmosphere. Just one thing that i want to mention is the size of each dom romm. It was small gor 4 people even for women, but exept this this hostel is totally excellent.

• 21st Oct 2013