Luna's Castle Hostel Reviews

3-28 Calle 9na, Casco Viejo, Panama City, Panama

No hot water. But fun spot, especially when the bar downstairs is open.

Really noisy for every night, if you like party, it is very goog, if not, it will be the hell!

This was a great place to stay during an overnight layover in Panama City! I really enjoyed the location in the historic colonial part of the city, and it was fun being so close to great nightlife. The quirky, eccentric decorations and vibe of the hostel was really interesting! Overall I don't have any real complaints about our stay there, except for a situation we had with leaving an iPhone in a taxi at the airport (one we booked using the hostel), where we immediately called the hostel front d

• 14th Mar 2014

If you love busy hostels with lots of opportunities to party, then you will love Lena`s. Bear in mind that this place is very loud as it is close to many nightclubs. You will not get to sleep before 3am on the weekends and certain nights during the week due to loud music. The hostel is located in the heart of Casco Viejo so its location is great. Some of the dorms are good whilst others are cramped. There are lockers for every guest and 4 computers for guest use. Staff speak very good English.

This place was awesome. That's the best way to put it. Location was ideal to food, bars, shopping. The bar downstairs in the hostel is great too! The staff was way more than helpful. The vibe was great, good mix of people, and I felt very safe and clean. Plenty of space to leave your bags and lockers to use, if you arrive early or need to leave after your checkout time

• 6th Feb 2014

We stayed in the dorm without AC (which is an extra 2$) and it was great. Spacious, with a big fan and windows always open so it wasn't to hot. The rooms with AC are small and what I could see, no windows. Staff was good, helped us book a trip to San blas. Facilities was ok. Few toilets and showers but everyone has different schedules so it wasn't a problem. The doors didn't give you much privacy while using the toilet. Good location in the nice area of the old town. I recommend this place!

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Sweden

If you are looking for a party. This is the place to stay. If you looking for something relaxing this is not your hostel. You could here loud music in the dorm until 4 o clock in the morning. Staff was friendly but seemed to be overstrained. Standard answer was come back in half an hour.

• 16th Jan 2014

Great hostel!

just perfect. and you can easily meet other travelers...

Great hostel, lovely location, lively nightlife! (SERIOUSLY) If you come here to sleep bring earplugs/noise canceling headphones, it gets noisy at night from the basement bar and nightclubs around. (Nice Happy Hour .50 beers) Everything you need (bars, market, cheap eats, sights to see) are within walking distance. The staff was friendly and helpful, just ask/tell them what you're looking for. When I come back to Panama City Luna's is my hostel of choice. Thank you for a good visit!

Overall we had a good stay here. We arrived very early in the morning on a night bus and we appreciate them letting us hang out in the common areas until we could check in, there were lots of people doing the same thing. Lots of common areas. Free make-it-yourself, all-you-can-eat pancakes and bananas for breakfast. We understand that they were very busy but it took so long to talk to the reception. I waited almost half an hour to check out. They definitely need more staff on when it's so busy

Definitely the party hostel as its widely known for. Great stay, clean facilitiy, fantastic location. Cleaniness was so so as ii had requested my bed to be cleaned by wasn't so had to do it myself. Pancakes and banana in the morning is awesome.

great hostel, one of the best bars in panama city is just downstairs.

• 27th Dec 2013

Basic accommodations. Incredibly loud at night, even if your room is several floors up. Not a lot directly around the hostel. A couple tiny marts and two pricey western restaurants. Even with the lockers, I was always kind of nervous about security, SO MANY people coming in and out through all hours. If you want a party, this is your spot. Looking for something a little more intimate and relaxing? Try elsewhere.

Great Hostel. I can't think about anything negative. Everything rocks!

Great hostel. Lively crowd. Helpful staff. Plenty of places to chill and get out of the heat.

I LOVED this hostel. Great location in the Old Quarter amongst the restaurants, bars, cafés and fabulous old and new architecture. Great vibe. Very clean rooms. The bar downstairs is a lot of fun. Locals go there to hang out too.

I needed few hours of sleep before traveling to Venao beach. Arrived late and reception was great and helpfull. Great people. Nice place.