Luna's Castle Hostel Reviews

3-28 Calle 9na, Casco Viejo, Panama City, Panama

Great party hostel. Great to meet new people and in an ideal location. Building is beautiful. It is a party hostel so if your looking for sleep forget it! Had a great time.

This was a brilliant hostel, we were really impressed that such a large hostel could feel homely, spacious and clean. It was one of the best we've stayed in in Central America.

Loved this hostel, was originally staying just 2 nights but ended up staying 4. Great atmosphere and the common areas makes it so easy to meet people. I stayed in a few rooms- the larger dorms are more spacious but all are clean. The bar downstairs is brilliant, specially 50 cent beers at happy hour and you can hire bikes for free. Great location and value for money, would definitely stay here again.

The hostel itself is one of the most famous pub in town. So if you like partying this hostel is perfect for you. The bed is ok. But there're only two shower rooms.

Thanks for the review. To clarify, we have 3 showers per floor and 9 showers total. Sorry you weren't made aware of all the other showers - we have plenty of showers for all our guests. Safe travels.

Luna's Castle is definitely the party spot if that's what you're looking for. The rooms are great with plenty of privacy. If you need a night off from the craziness check out the movie room! It's pretty sweet. If I come back to Panama City I will stay here again!

Casco Viejo is a great location. Staff all friendly and helpful. My room was large with a great view. Some nights are very loud and active, some a little less -depends on what night of the week. Hostel was clean and well kept, BUT 2 separate rooms had bed bug issues and cleaning seemed minimal after reported. I had no issues. Overall, great place to stay...

This is "the" party hostal to stay at in CV. Big, comfy beds with personal fans, privacy curtains and lots of storage room. Great atmosphere, however I was a bit worried about leaving my bags there as the staff hands the keys to the closet off to anyone and they went missing a lot. There is a travel desk to help book your other adventures as well. The noise from the bar didn't bother me but it may bother others. On a busy corner so lots of street noise as well. Would stay again.

Loved our time here. The free pancakes were a great touch. Only 'complaint' would be that the common area furniture was very run down, so not very comfortable to accommodate how many people relaxed in there. You should advertise about the bar connected to the building, because that was awesome! Thanks for all the travel help too.

Beautiful ocean views from room. Walking distance to nice sites, Canal Museum, grocery store, etc. VERY hot and weak fan over bed, so be aware of that. I probably slept two hours because I was so warm and since the windows are open to catch the breeze, you hear all the street partying. Bring earplugs. Definitely a party atmosphere, cool bar downstairs. I only had a day/one night stay but I'm glad it was just the single night because I barely slept. Hot and loud but reasonable for the price.

I would highly recommend this hostel to any travelers who planning to travel to Panama City, Panama. This area is safe (even at night time). staffs are really helpful and I felt welcomed to be there. there is a happy hour 50 cents beer in the downstairs bar at night. With that been said, it could be loud at night, especially during the weekends. In the morning you can have pancakes and bananas for breakfast. there are many supermarkets around this area, in case you need to get something more.

Great atmosphere in a sweet location. Could use some more lockers but other than that it was great.

Very friendly and helpful staff! Loved it even for just one night.

Really nice hostel with a cool atmosphere. The place is very old but so charming and the location is perfect if you wanna check out the old part of the City (which is definitely the most interesting!) The bar is quite nice and you get the opportunity to meet new people. We specially really loved the free pancake-breakfast! Only minus is that there's only fans in some of the dorms, and it's SO HOT at night.. Unfortunately we ended up moving to another hostel because we couldn't sleep in the heat.

Really nice hostel, good atmosphere and many facilities (like free bike rental and a cinema). Plus the pancakes in the mornings are a total plus!!