Luna's Castle Hostel Reviews

3-28 Calle 9na, Casco Viejo, Panama City, Panama

I only marked "good" for facilities because the toilets were out of TP for hours. All other facilities were great. But at 4am when j woke up in the middle of the night desperately needing to use the "facilities", I had to go to 5 stalls before I found any with TP. And when I went before going to sleep, the stall I was in was out. So they were out for quite awhile. That was awful. But otherwise, they are wonderful. Very clean. Rooms are great. Fun atmosphere, but I still had tons of privacy.

Room was very noisy and hot on Saturday night but good atmosphere and 'make your own pancakes' breakfast is a great idea. Very sociable place and I met some really cool people here. Also very well stocked kitchen so great if you want to cook for yourself :-)

Backpacker vibe, easy to meet other travelers. great happy hour deal and pancake breakfast. Make sure to use the lockers in front of the reception for valuables, a few things got stolen in our room.

Good location to see the old city. Very loud though but not the hostels fault. It's above a bar and on a loud busy street. Staff is kind of incompetent and met a few others who also had issues with their beds being double booked or moved without proper notice. Wouldn't stay here again.

Some members of the staff are pretty nervous (you seem to bother them when asking questions). Others are relaxed and available to help you in a friendly way.

The curtains that covered the bunks provided lots of privacy and allowed to sleep through anything. Also the receptionists were awesome. Ivanna was the best one I've met so far. Great atmosphere and the staff cleaned pretty regularly through out the day.

Who ever want's to party is right there, who wants to geht some rest after an exhausting journey, not! Nice staff but annoying Swiss guy hangs around there all the time who makes bad jokes about german people...

Way too hectic for my liking. Too many people in overcrowded rooms, the staff is too stressed out to truly go out of their way to be hospitable. Very tense energy, not a friendly place, couldn't wait to leave, glad I only had 1 night there. And it also just doesn't feel clean.

Great hostel located in the nice area of casco viejo. Lot of space in the common area with a friendly atmosphere where it's easy to meet other travellers. Downstairs is a bar aswell, so it's not the quietest place. The dorms are big rooms with ocean view or AC, every bed has his own fan and a curtain. Would for sure stay here again.

Your staff was so helpful and accommodating. Great with recommendations and suggestions. Thank you for having us!

The hostel is beautiful. It is a old mansion in the old town. The location is awesome, right in the middle of everything. The staff are great too, esp the one girl. Breakfast was delicious and coffee/ ice water is always available. The ocean view room was so beautiful, a million dollar view. The only recommendation would be, more hostel activities ( pub crawl etc.)

Great place to stay!

Beds are shaking a lot but that is the only thing. Staff are awesome!!!

• 7th Oct 2015

This hostel is really beautiful. It is very close to the touristy part of Panama City, which has many restaurants, cafes, etc. The hostel has huge rooms with curtains on the beds which I loved. At first I stayed in a room with the ocean view, without air conditioning, it was okay at first because there are fans on each bed but it was way too hot for me to sleep in there. I changed rooms to one with ac and it was amazing. I slept really well and it was great.

Great party hostel. Great to meet new people and in an ideal location. Building is beautiful. It is a party hostel so if your looking for sleep forget it! Had a great time.

This was a brilliant hostel, we were really impressed that such a large hostel could feel homely, spacious and clean. It was one of the best we've stayed in in Central America.

Loved this hostel, was originally staying just 2 nights but ended up staying 4. Great atmosphere and the common areas makes it so easy to meet people. I stayed in a few rooms- the larger dorms are more spacious but all are clean. The bar downstairs is brilliant, specially 50 cent beers at happy hour and you can hire bikes for free. Great location and value for money, would definitely stay here again.

The hostel itself is one of the most famous pub in town. So if you like partying this hostel is perfect for you. The bed is ok. But there're only two shower rooms.

Thanks for the review. To clarify, we have 3 showers per floor and 9 showers total. Sorry you weren't made aware of all the other showers - we have plenty of showers for all our guests. Safe travels.

Luna's Castle is definitely the party spot if that's what you're looking for. The rooms are great with plenty of privacy. If you need a night off from the craziness check out the movie room! It's pretty sweet. If I come back to Panama City I will stay here again!

Casco Viejo is a great location. Staff all friendly and helpful. My room was large with a great view. Some nights are very loud and active, some a little less -depends on what night of the week. Hostel was clean and well kept, BUT 2 separate rooms had bed bug issues and cleaning seemed minimal after reported. I had no issues. Overall, great place to stay...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7