Luna's Castle Hostel Reviews

3-28 Calle 9na, Casco Viejo, Panama City, Panama

Had a good stay here. The beds are amazing, have privacy curtains, and a personal light, fan and charging port. The banana pancakes for breakfast are also a treat! Located in a good part of town as well so would definitely stay again.

Book a co-ed ocean view dorm room bed--the views are spectacular. That was where I stayed my first two nights in the city. On my second stay, I was in a girl's dorm, which did not have the stunning view (no windows) but was still decent accommodations for the price.

The statt is nice and willing to help you, except the guys from the Rezeption (fomer backpapers) really runde not helpful looking all day in their phones or in the ComputerComputer. Even when youyou have a question they dont look at you.

• 21st Dec 2015

I and lady had ourselves a very good time. nice environment fun folks. please i want to call you on ( whatsapp ) what is that ph # ?? we would like to return and stay on : jan. 28th turs Jan 29th fri jan 30 th sat leaving in the morning of jan 31 2016 If you have a private room for 2 great !! if not ?? we will take what you have THANK YOU VICTOR QUINTERO & CHANI MY WHATSAPP PH # 808 557 9836

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very loud (bar, pub, traffic), very busy (large hostel with many people making their way North and South) .

Great hostel overall, friendly staff and tons of great info about trips and such. Only complain I would have is that I had an ocean view dorm and the street outside is ridiculously loud.

The hostel was great, but some of the staff were not at all helpful (not all of them, some were friendly). The breakfast is only pancake-paste, you have to make the pancake for yourself.

It was my second time at Luna's. Unfortunately I have to say that some of the staff were not really helpful and looked a bit bothered when asking questions to them. Ocean views dorm are too noisy due the busy street and the Panamanian way to drive, but this is not the hostel's fault. However a very good place to meet some other backpackers. Relic bar and happy hours is a plus.

Breakfast is actually only pancake-paste you have to make for your self. Take a cheaper hostel and buy your on breakfast instead sinne you already have to make it by yourself.The bunkbeds are so close to eachother that if one person turns or moves in bed, all beds will move to... Hustler-feeling fr.o.m. one of the taxidrivers outside. Nice bar and nice view, friendly staff.

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Sweden

My favorite in Panama!! Big thank you to John in reception.

I only marked "good" for facilities because the toilets were out of TP for hours. All other facilities were great. But at 4am when j woke up in the middle of the night desperately needing to use the "facilities", I had to go to 5 stalls before I found any with TP. And when I went before going to sleep, the stall I was in was out. So they were out for quite awhile. That was awful. But otherwise, they are wonderful. Very clean. Rooms are great. Fun atmosphere, but I still had tons of privacy.

Room was very noisy and hot on Saturday night but good atmosphere and 'make your own pancakes' breakfast is a great idea. Very sociable place and I met some really cool people here. Also very well stocked kitchen so great if you want to cook for yourself :-)

Great hostel. We' ve had a lot of fun. A very good place to meet some other backpackers. Beds are very comfortable. WiFi connection not really good if you are a bit far from reception. Highly reccommended.

Backpacker vibe, easy to meet other travelers. great happy hour deal and pancake breakfast. Make sure to use the lockers in front of the reception for valuables, a few things got stolen in our room.

Good location to see the old city. Very loud though but not the hostels fault. It's above a bar and on a loud busy street. Staff is kind of incompetent and met a few others who also had issues with their beds being double booked or moved without proper notice. Wouldn't stay here again.

Some members of the staff are pretty nervous (you seem to bother them when asking questions). Others are relaxed and available to help you in a friendly way.

The curtains that covered the bunks provided lots of privacy and allowed to sleep through anything. Also the receptionists were awesome. Ivanna was the best one I've met so far. Great atmosphere and the staff cleaned pretty regularly through out the day.

Who ever want's to party is right there, who wants to geht some rest after an exhausting journey, not! Nice staff but annoying Swiss guy hangs around there all the time who makes bad jokes about german people...

Way too hectic for my liking. Too many people in overcrowded rooms, the staff is too stressed out to truly go out of their way to be hospitable. Very tense energy, not a friendly place, couldn't wait to leave, glad I only had 1 night there. And it also just doesn't feel clean.

Great hostel located in the nice area of casco viejo. Lot of space in the common area with a friendly atmosphere where it's easy to meet other travellers. Downstairs is a bar aswell, so it's not the quietest place. The dorms are big rooms with ocean view or AC, every bed has his own fan and a curtain. Would for sure stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7