Luxembourg City Hostel Reviews

2, rue du Fort Olisy, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

I really liked the location. It was down the hill from the city, so could be a problem with a lot of bags, but I pack light and like a nice trek through the beautiful park, or by the old city wall. The building was nice and clean, very new looking. Good atmosphere with a lot of people. Staff were very nice. No problems with the room. Would stay here again for sure, and would definitely recommend coming to luxembourg to see this world heritage site, and vibrant old city area.

The hostel lacks a hostel atmosphere and is more an overgrown hotel. The area it's located in is beautiful but does involve a uphill walk to go anywhere, not a big problem, but hard with bags. Also the facilities are not very clean. The mattress was stained, the shower had black mold in it. And the shower turns off every minute and you have t keep turning it on.

Great Location!!!!!!!!!! We got to see so much just in a day, and this hostel is located directly in the heart of Luxembourg's Historical city!! Shame they didn't have any arranged activities to bring hostel guests together, but that would be the only improvement I would suggest as apart from that they could do nothing better! Short taxi ride from the station, & local pubs/bars, great food, Absolutely fantastic!!!

Expensive place, and definitely not worth it for young/budet travellers. Mostly families there, with no hostel vibe. We were checked in at 7pm and kicked out of the room, while asleep, at 1am due to the staff putting us in the wrong one. Bathrooms in the girls room was full of small green bugs, mens showers had garbage and urine stains on the wall. The location in the valley was nice, but not enough to make up for the experience. Id reccomend you stay at a cheap hotel in town.

The hostel was very good just someone from teh staff was weird and not very friendly, but in general de location was excellent and everything very organize and clean

this was a good hostel but the management should care a bit for travellers and provide the facilities such as a kitchen and free tea and coffee. we as the travellers made them rich and they can consider that the city its expensive and the long travellers cant afford eating out or in your place ...Money its not everything being human and consider for others its the best. Also you should consider of selling the HI card and understand that travellers don't stay in the hostel in their home city.

We had a pleasant experience staying in this hostel. We were worried reading other reviews about the walk there, it's not too bad, it's pretty close to the centre but can be a hassle with bags up and down hills, but it's really not that much of a problem. Everything was clean, the rooms were a decent size, so nothing to complain about there. The only problem was the bar wasn't very big and there was no atmosphere, it would not be a place to go as a solo traveler.

A really lovely hostel but the location is under the bridge where the bock casemates are so if you're arriving late on the train I'd recommend a taxi because it's quite far from the train station but close to the city. I was a girl travelling on my own and I went out to a free concert my first night and going back to the hostel was creepy as you have to walk down under the bridge in the dark. Very clean and good facilities though. Shower operates for 60s at a time, keep pressing the button

This was a clean, decent hostel to stay at close to both the old historical city and not a far walk from the new city but definitely not a eat place to meet people. It was really big and the atmosphere wasn't great. Way too many(!!) super loud noisy young kids. Definitely a struggle to meet people here when travelling solo. If you're with a group or just want a quiet night then it's a pretty good place but not my favourite.

We stayed for the weekend in this awesome Hostel ! breakfast was included, and the bed sheets also, it was full of young people and you have even access to table tennis, kicker , restaurant and more ! -The only thing is: the rooms have no AC or fans so during the summer it gets REALLY hot inside the room! -The wifi works only in the lobby not in the rooms but it was fast -some Staf guys were a little unpolite but nothing serious definitely would recommend it !! PERFECT LOCATION

As far as hostels go this doesn't feel like one, full of old and very young people so there is no 'atmosphere'. In saying that you don't have much choice in Luxembourg so you have to suck it up. The facilities are clean and it has good security so that's a bonus. I ended up making friends by approaching people who were also alone and looked about my age but that's the only way you will manage it as the friendly environment of a normal hostel is just not there. Also wifi only works downstairs :(

Very nice hostel, but difficult to locate on foot. Steps to and from upper bunk bed awkward, especially when existing bed.

• 29th Jun 2015

Clean and well organised.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

very bad location. and very far from the train station and the old city center. Hostel is in a very steep mountain. from the bus stop down the luggage is very difficult to achieve, and back up the hill - is impossible. suitable only if you have no bags

Hostel is very clean and staff is extremely helpful. The only small issue is that the bed lamps are too strong and you basically wake up everybody if you want to use them. Anyway is probably the best place to stay in Luxembourg for young and budget people!

Quite a walk from the train station, but appears to be the only hostel in Luxembourg! Staff were very helpful (we were unfortunate to be in dorms with people who kept us awake all night, but the man on the reception offered to move one of us into an all female dorm, but unfortunately had no space for the other). There is a free breakfast in the morning, and the rooms and bathrooms were kept very clean.

Very modern and functional a place, very close to the Luxembourg city (5min walk). Great facilities and clean rooms for an extremely attractive price. Best hostel of our trip no doubt.

I enjoyed my stay in Luxembourg hostel, the rooms are pretty basic, but that's all I really needed. The staff were friendly and the outside and kitchen facilities are great. Luxembourg city itself is a gem of a place, so people might be slightly put off with the walk (very hilly walk) from the hostel to the centre, but there are buses if you should find it too difficult. For me, the location was perfect, quiet, out of the way, but within walking distance of the city. Overall I loved it here.

nice welcoming staff with great efficiency. Internet in the lobby is a little slow, but no password required-- really convenient

Staff at night when I checked in seemed rather uninterested and did not give appropriate recommendations despite stating that I have already visited the city centre. Next morning, the staff was much more helpful but wrongly informed me that bus 14 goes all the way to the airport. Luckily I followed the instructions on hostel world.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5