Luxembourg City Hostel Reviews

2, rue du Fort Olisy, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

hostel staff is ok but staff in hostel restaurant so bad. no choice to stay at another hostel.

A large hostel with all the right facilities. Friendly and helpful staff. The location is difficult to find and get to and from, and the directions were not helpful.

Rooms were very nice, breakfast was great, location was excellent, staff very helpful. The only complaint I have is there was no wifi in the rooms. Otherwise, great hostel, would stay again!

My Partner and only stayed for one night in Luxemburg. All together it was good! The stuff ist nice and the location ist great.The rooms and bathrooms are really clean and everything is in good conditions (instead of the showers). Nothing big to complain. The only thing is that the doors are really noise so you wake up when somebody enters or leaves the room. And the showers ( at least in the first floor) didn't quite work as the shower head was missing. But it's a clean and quiet hostel.

• 21st Aug 2015

It took 25 minutes to complete the check-in process.

Staff seemed to not care about any guests. Every time I asked a question it would be a chore to get an answer. The hostel was new and very nice though. Another problem was that there were not enough outlets in the room for everyone. Also they kicked me out of the common room at midnight. So I went to bed, but then there were people yelling and screaming outside of my window. Much more noisy than I was being when I was sending emails. WiFi didn't work in the rooms

Their laundry room close after 11PM

Cleanliness, good service from staff, breackfast included.

The ever "profit and money"-oriented hostel I have been to. It shouldn't be considered as a hostel as you can see most of their guests are not youth, and everything is charged in not youthtravrller-friendly price. The shower design is bad, probably insufficient WC and shower for the whole floor of guest, took the wrong bed sheet out, no one clean the rubbish. Even unclear location wrote on the description, actually apart from line9, 14 can reach there too. On top, no wifi except in the lobby.

Be prepared for this not to feel like a hostel. There are families with lots of children and adults who forget that they are sharing rooms with other people. That's what you get when it's the only hostel in town. Breakfast was fine. Rooms were clean but the hostel itself wasn't welcoming. Beautiful trek to get there though

Very good facilities. Overall satisfactory hostel for short stay.

Very nice, good location, great help from the staff, just no air con in my room. Other than that a great, welcoming hostel!

Very pleasant, clean and quiet hostel. Don't expect to drink and have fun in this place (feels more like a hotel sometimes) though. Facilities are recently renovated and look really good. I highly recommend a stay in this place.

Nice hostel with a location close to the casements, although you have to walk uphill for a few minutes to get to them (or to the bus stop). Table tennis table outside with surprisingly good rackets provided. Dinner is available for a reasonable price and is quite good. Would be nice if breakfast were served later. Wi-Fi was a bit patchy in places. One complaint: I booked two nights, but after the first night the sheets etc. were gone from my bed and I had to put on new bed linen.

Maybe a description of the way would be cool, because I had difficulty finding the hostel - the street the hostel is in separates at one point, you can either go up hill or down hill - I chose going up and realised it was the wrong decision. Anything else was awesome, I loved the friendly staff, the dorm and also the common area and the terace. really nice hostel! would definitely come back!

Directions to this hostel are wrong! Bus 9 doesn't exist. Take 25 from airport & connect to 20 to Altmunster. Walk under bridge & down towards your right on a trail through the woods. The hostel is at the bottom of the hill. Beware - there's no AC here! I was absolutely miserable, couldn't sleep all night because the rooms were SO HOT. I had to go down to the lounge at 4am just to get some cool air to preserve my sanity. I'm a girl who gets cold easily, but even I thought I'd have a heat stroke

Nice location and views. The free breakfast buffet is really good,and the meals you can buy there for lunch or dinner are delicious and affordable. Helpful staff, and a clean hostel in general.

Dear, great to hear that you had a nice time when staying with us. We do think of our restaurant as one of our strong points, especially since we reply heavily on local and fair trade products, so it's really nice to see it being appreciated. Thank you for your lovely review and good luck on your future trips! Kind regards from sunny Luxembourg

Modern, clean and well laid out. Good parking, nice outdoor space and good social spaces (bar, garden, library/pool room/computer room). Small dorms but generally clean and quiet. Sturdy lockers in the rooms (take your own combination padlock). The location is beautiful however is at the bottom of a very very steep hill. We walked it up into the town centre in 30+ degree heat and it was hard work. All in all a nice place to spend a night or 2.

Wifi was pretty atrocious... Only worked in one area of the reception, and no rooms! Also rather a lack of plug sockets No atmosphere at all! However excellently located to see the old town and Chemin de la corniche (the highlights) Free breakfast is a bonus, albeit not very impressive, and only served till 9pm Also only one washing machine is a pain

Dear, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. As the idea is to encourage people to get to know each other in the common areas and limit noise in the dorms, it has been a conscious decision not to extend the free WiFi to the rooms. We are sorry if this was such a major inconvenience for you and your feedback concerning the matter will be taken into consideration, as will your other comments. We'll do our best to improve! Take care and good luck on your trip!

Great location just 10 minutes from the old city. I would stay here again. I recommend the hostel needs to give clear directions as to how to get to the hostel the first time.

• 3rd Aug 2015