Luxembourg City Hostel Reviews

2, rue du Fort Olisy, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

This is the only backpackers hostel in Luxembourg. The hostel itself serves it's purpose well. The rooms are clean, the staff were helpful. However, there wasn't much of an atmosphere present - the hostel is also used for business conferences, so there is a mix of businessmen & backpackers, which could have contributed to the lack of atmosphere

+Restaurant is great -Showers are few and awful

It would be perfect if wifi available in room.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel facilities are great! My issue there was that the big blanket was dirty.. And all the others from the room so I.had to deal With that... Also its not a party hostel...actually the opposite! they dont do.anything to.make.the People Have a Good time...

The only complaint I have is about the shower as it was stuck into the wall, aiming at the chest, and there was no way to turn it. This made it very difficult to wash properly. However at 22 euros a night, the beds are comfy and breakfast buffett is included, it is definitely good value for money.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Malta

This hostel is beautiful! It is literally nestled in a valley and build right under a bridge. Breath-taking. The facilities were nice, the rooms are great and the cafeteria serves nice food and is nicely priced. I highly recommend staying here.

Big Hostel with lots of clean bathrooms. It's a bit difficult to teach from the main station, but is very close to the Old town. Includes breakfast. It's more like a budget hotel than a Hostel, has modern facilities.

Located in a valley in the city. It's a bit of a climb each day, but you'll be in the city really fast. Public transport gets you close as well. At this moment you can also take bus 14 to the hostel. Good beds, nice showers, free breakfast!

Staff very welcoming. Adalino in the bar was amazing and went above and beyond to make my sister and I feel welcome. It was very appreciated. Not much of a vibe or atmosphere to the hostel because a lot of families stay there, but great location and great facilities. Would stay again.

It's a good location and place to overnight. I found it an unpersonal place though and despite it's called a youth hostel I shared my room with only 40 guys. Also, for me breakfast finishing at 9 am is way too early. It should at least last till check out time so I don't need to set my alarm early for this.

Great structure, clean rooms, great view to have lunch, the only problem is the staff, the lack of tourist information and activities at the hostel. They had one poor map of the city but wouldn't give any additional tips or information. I actually felt I was annoying the staff for asking too many information, and the lady in the afternoon is grumpy. It's almost a hotel, but with shared rooms. But overall I would recommend the hostel if you just want a clean peaceful place for sleep.

• 24th Aug 2014

Only negative was the 10am check out.

• 23rd Aug 2014

I was very unlucky to get a particularly rude and condescending staff member during my entire stay. Apart from that, the hostel was within walking distance (albeit a hike) to the city center. Breakfast was simple but included. There was no curtain between the shower area and the place where you would hang your clothes behind the door, so there was no way to keep your feet dry while dressing. Internet only worked in common areas which were not set up for hanging out nor for many people to use.

The doors to the rooms constantly slam very loudly, the shower doesn't have a head and blasts right at the seams of the door making a mess, and the bathroom door didn't latch properly without locking.

I liked the stay in this hostel, It have a nice atmosphere.

The 'hostel' was nice, clean and modern offering plenty of facilities. Security was top rate and the rooms comfortable and clean. The bar/restaurant was nice and the breakfast great. For me the life and soul of a hostel is a common area to meet and chat to other guests and this is lacking here. I would say that it is more of a low cost hotel than hostel.

the overall facilities are good apart from the internet. we have to stay in the common space in order to use wifi.

big hostel, clean nice staff. the breakfast is included in the price which is great. you just have a steep walk up the hill when going out to see luxembourg

Nice location (near the historical centre) and friendly staff. They also offer good meals in the restaurant. The reception works 24h per day, which is quite nice.

I personally didn't like staying here. If your looking for a place to meet fellow travellers this place isn't it. It was filled with school groups and family's. Didn't see very many people in the 20s range. Mostly 12-15 year olds. Personally I had a bad experience because the blonde at the front desk was the rudest woman I have ever met. I would look for anywhere else.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6