Luxembourg City Hostel Reviews

2, rue du Fort Olisy, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Was there early in the week (might differ on weekends) but it seemed to be what I'd characterise as a 'youth' hostel rather than a 'backpacker' hostel, being a fairly quiet and orderly place rather than all about socialising and partying.

• 15th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

This is the only backpackers hostel in Luxembourg. The hostel itself serves it's purpose well. The rooms are clean, the staff were helpful. However, there wasn't much of an atmosphere present - the hostel is also used for business conferences, so there is a mix of businessmen & backpackers, which could have contributed to the lack of atmosphere

+Restaurant is great -Showers are few and awful

It would be perfect if wifi available in room.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel facilities are great! My issue there was that the big blanket was dirty.. And all the others from the room so I.had to deal With that... Also its not a party hostel...actually the opposite! they dont do.anything to.make.the People Have a Good time...

Big hostel... so a bit impersonal. Basic breakfast. Space in the room with lockers. Nice place to eat outside with a great view.

The only complaint I have is about the shower as it was stuck into the wall, aiming at the chest, and there was no way to turn it. This made it very difficult to wash properly. However at 22 euros a night, the beds are comfy and breakfast buffett is included, it is definitely good value for money.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Malta

As good a local as you will get in Luxembourg without paying significantly more. It's a very steep hill to get to the old town. There are bending machines selling drinks and ice creams.

This hostel is beautiful! It is literally nestled in a valley and build right under a bridge. Breath-taking. The facilities were nice, the rooms are great and the cafeteria serves nice food and is nicely priced. I highly recommend staying here.

Big Hostel with lots of clean bathrooms. It's a bit difficult to teach from the main station, but is very close to the Old town. Includes breakfast. It's more like a budget hotel than a Hostel, has modern facilities.

In general the hostel is great, it is clean and safe it also has an awesome location inside the valley. The restaurant is very good in price and quality. What I did not like is that the internet suppouse to be free and it is not. I just check my bank status and they charge extra for the internet. I was not mucho but the staff from the hostel dinot tell me about. I did not like it.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Located in a valley in the city. It's a bit of a climb each day, but you'll be in the city really fast. Public transport gets you close as well. At this moment you can also take bus 14 to the hostel. Good beds, nice showers, free breakfast!

Staff very welcoming. Adalino in the bar was amazing and went above and beyond to make my sister and I feel welcome. It was very appreciated. Not much of a vibe or atmosphere to the hostel because a lot of families stay there, but great location and great facilities. Would stay again.

It's a good location and place to overnight. I found it an unpersonal place though and despite it's called a youth hostel I shared my room with only 40 guys. Also, for me breakfast finishing at 9 am is way too early. It should at least last till check out time so I don't need to set my alarm early for this.

Great structure, clean rooms, great view to have lunch, the only problem is the staff, the lack of tourist information and activities at the hostel. They had one poor map of the city but wouldn't give any additional tips or information. I actually felt I was annoying the staff for asking too many information, and the lady in the afternoon is grumpy. It's almost a hotel, but with shared rooms. But overall I would recommend the hostel if you just want a clean peaceful place for sleep.

Only negative was the 10am check out.

• 23rd Aug 2014

I was very unlucky to get a particularly rude and condescending staff member during my entire stay. Apart from that, the hostel was within walking distance (albeit a hike) to the city center. Breakfast was simple but included. There was no curtain between the shower area and the place where you would hang your clothes behind the door, so there was no way to keep your feet dry while dressing. Internet only worked in common areas which were not set up for hanging out nor for many people to use.

The doors to the rooms constantly slam very loudly, the shower doesn't have a head and blasts right at the seams of the door making a mess, and the bathroom door didn't latch properly without locking.

I liked the stay in this hostel, It have a nice atmosphere.

The 'hostel' was nice, clean and modern offering plenty of facilities. Security was top rate and the rooms comfortable and clean. The bar/restaurant was nice and the breakfast great. For me the life and soul of a hostel is a common area to meet and chat to other guests and this is lacking here. I would say that it is more of a low cost hotel than hostel.

View all Luxembourg City Hostels