Luxembourg City Hostel Reviews

2, rue du Fort Olisy, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Nice hostel with a location close to the casements, although you have to walk uphill for a few minutes to get to them (or to the bus stop). Table tennis table outside with surprisingly good rackets provided. Dinner is available for a reasonable price and is quite good. Would be nice if breakfast were served later. Wi-Fi was a bit patchy in places. One complaint: I booked two nights, but after the first night the sheets etc. were gone from my bed and I had to put on new bed linen.

Maybe a description of the way would be cool, because I had difficulty finding the hostel - the street the hostel is in separates at one point, you can either go up hill or down hill - I chose going up and realised it was the wrong decision. Anything else was awesome, I loved the friendly staff, the dorm and also the common area and the terace. really nice hostel! would definitely come back!

Directions to this hostel are wrong! Bus 9 doesn't exist. Take 25 from airport & connect to 20 to Altmunster. Walk under bridge & down towards your right on a trail through the woods. The hostel is at the bottom of the hill. Beware - there's no AC here! I was absolutely miserable, couldn't sleep all night because the rooms were SO HOT. I had to go down to the lounge at 4am just to get some cool air to preserve my sanity. I'm a girl who gets cold easily, but even I thought I'd have a heat stroke

Nice location and views. The free breakfast buffet is really good,and the meals you can buy there for lunch or dinner are delicious and affordable. Helpful staff, and a clean hostel in general.

Dear, great to hear that you had a nice time when staying with us. We do think of our restaurant as one of our strong points, especially since we reply heavily on local and fair trade products, so it's really nice to see it being appreciated. Thank you for your lovely review and good luck on your future trips! Kind regards from sunny Luxembourg

Modern, clean and well laid out. Good parking, nice outdoor space and good social spaces (bar, garden, library/pool room/computer room). Small dorms but generally clean and quiet. Sturdy lockers in the rooms (take your own combination padlock). The location is beautiful however is at the bottom of a very very steep hill. We walked it up into the town centre in 30+ degree heat and it was hard work. All in all a nice place to spend a night or 2.

Wifi was pretty atrocious... Only worked in one area of the reception, and no rooms! Also rather a lack of plug sockets No atmosphere at all! However excellently located to see the old town and Chemin de la corniche (the highlights) Free breakfast is a bonus, albeit not very impressive, and only served till 9pm Also only one washing machine is a pain

Dear, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. As the idea is to encourage people to get to know each other in the common areas and limit noise in the dorms, it has been a conscious decision not to extend the free WiFi to the rooms. We are sorry if this was such a major inconvenience for you and your feedback concerning the matter will be taken into consideration, as will your other comments. We'll do our best to improve! Take care and good luck on your trip!

Great location just 10 minutes from the old city. I would stay here again. I recommend the hostel needs to give clear directions as to how to get to the hostel the first time.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Dear, thank you very much for your kind review. Will look into updating the direction - promise! Kind regards from Luxembourg

Very clean, well maintained hostel located right beneath the historic part of the city. Breakfast provided was a bonus with a choice of drinks, cold meats, cheese, breads and cereal as well as preserves. Booked a 6 bed room and was allocated a 4 which was a welcome surprise. Room was small but excellent locker space. Wifi only works downstairs and not many charging points. Shower was dubious as the light would automatically turn off. Generally however a pleasant stay.

Dear, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hostel. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! As for the WiFi only being available in the common areas, the idea to is to get people to mingle in the open spaces and get to know each other. That aside, it also helps limit noise in the dorms. We do, however, acknowledge the continuously growing importance of being connected and your comments will certainly be taken into consideration! Thank you for your feedback!

met a lot of cool people, nice cafe for breakfast and short walk to everything!

• 31st Jul 2015

They had good parking availability and isn't far off from the centre of the city either on foot or by car (although it is near-impossible to bring a car near the centre). The toilets,showers,hallways and dorm rooms were all very clean. However, one annoying thing was that the wifi was only available to you in the reception area. But besides that it was overall a good stay in a well-maintained, safe and professionally-run hostel that caters for all types of guests of every age group.

I really liked the location. It was down the hill from the city, so could be a problem with a lot of bags, but I pack light and like a nice trek through the beautiful park, or by the old city wall. The building was nice and clean, very new looking. Good atmosphere with a lot of people. Staff were very nice. No problems with the room. Would stay here again for sure, and would definitely recommend coming to luxembourg to see this world heritage site, and vibrant old city area.

Dear, thank you for taking the time to write that very lovely review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with! Indeed, the location is something we definitely think of as a bonus seen as we're so close to the tourist attractions and old town. For those with heavy luggage, by the way, we also offer a shuttle service! Good luck on your future trips and kind regards from Luxembourg!

Good location, very clean. Room was comfortable with individual lights and large lockers. Slow-ish wifi, can't access it in the room. Not able to check in before 1.30pm. Great buffet breakfast!!

The hostel lacks a hostel atmosphere and is more an overgrown hotel. The area it's located in is beautiful but does involve a uphill walk to go anywhere, not a big problem, but hard with bags. Also the facilities are not very clean. The mattress was stained, the shower had black mold in it. And the shower turns off every minute and you have t keep turning it on.

Dear, I'm sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with the facilities. I can assure you though, that the bathrooms are cleaned meticulously several times a day. I also apologise for any inconvenience with the shower turning off automatically, but I would like to point out that it's part of our ecological efforts and sustainability programs, which we take very seriously. Thank you for staying with us and reviewing us. Kind regards from Luxembourg

Really bad wifi connectivity. Friendly/helpful staff. Definitely need air con in the room during summer.

Great Location!!!!!!!!!! We got to see so much just in a day, and this hostel is located directly in the heart of Luxembourg's Historical city!! Shame they didn't have any arranged activities to bring hostel guests together, but that would be the only improvement I would suggest as apart from that they could do nothing better! Short taxi ride from the station, & local pubs/bars, great food, Absolutely fantastic!!!

Dear, thank you so much for your kind review. We're happy you got to enjoy the location so much and used it well to explore the city in its fullest. And just in case you ever make it back to Luxembourg, there's also a bus that comes here directly from the station (which is only 2 Euros). Thank you also for the compliments regarding the food! And if you have any particular suggestions for activities, don't hesitate to contact us. We promise to look into it! Kind regards from Luxembourg

My friend had their phone stolen while staying at the hostel, the staff were friendly and tried to help, but the cameras only sporadically work so we couldn't catch the thief. The hostel is really close to the Bock casements which are really neat. Restaurants are a bit farther and you'll definitely get a work out walking up and down the hill to the hostel.

The hostel is very big and clean with really helpful and friendly staff. It's easy to get to by bus and one can easily walk to the city centre. The breakfast is great. I had a pleasant and calm stay there.

Expensive place, and definitely not worth it for young/budet travellers. Mostly families there, with no hostel vibe. We were checked in at 7pm and kicked out of the room, while asleep, at 1am due to the staff putting us in the wrong one. Bathrooms in the girls room was full of small green bugs, mens showers had garbage and urine stains on the wall. The location in the valley was nice, but not enough to make up for the experience. Id reccomend you stay at a cheap hotel in town.

Dear, whatever mistake happened on our part with your booking that prompted the night guards to make you change rooms, I would sincerely like to apologise on behalf of the whole staff. As for the bathrooms, however, I can assure you that our facilities are checked and cleaned multiple times a day. We hope you nevertheless got to enjoy the city despite being unsatisfied with your stay at our hostel. Kind regards and best of luck for the rest of your trip.

Just one thing for me hard to find that place walked nearly 1 hour around the hostel. Who is going there take bus and ask someone where is it? It is so nice place may bey best hostel I have ever stayed.

The hostel was very good just someone from teh staff was weird and not very friendly, but in general de location was excellent and everything very organize and clean

View all Luxembourg City Hostels