Luxembourg City Hostel Reviews

2, rue du Fort Olisy, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

The hostel is located near the Casemates. The old town is not far away. The train station is quite far away. If you do not want to walk to the hostel (which I recommend), you can take a bus. Because I'm member of Youth Hostelling International I got 3€ discount. For 10.90€ you get a decent 3-course dinner (soup, main cource, dessert); as a member you get 1€ discount. In comparison to the prices in Luxembourg, this is a fair price. The bath was clean and lockers are available in the room.

Your staff was very kind to the guest. And the luggage box was very convinent for me. Thank you!

We were a family of 6 people. All adults. We loved our stay. Would do it again:)

Great location close to the centre but in a quiet area. Good choice of food & drink in the restaurant.

• 2nd May 2015

The hostel was good, my stay was okay. A but hard to find the place at the first time, but the location is actually very good, near the bock and city centre.

A pretty good localize hostel, within 10 minutes of walking you are at the main area. They have a lot of stuff to do if you just want to relax a bit at the hostel. Only things that weren't great was that wifi only worked on the main floor and that for one hallway of dorms there were only 2 showers each (men's/women's), the wait was crazy one night cause all the girls started using the men's showers. Breakfast in the morning is always a plus!

The hostel was very nice. It looked exactly like the pictures. It was very clean and the staff was super friendly and helpful. My train was cancelled the morning I was suppose to leave, and the staff helped me find another form of transportation for me. I could not thank them enough.

Big hostel, close to the centre of town.

룩셈부르크에 유일한 호스텔이라 선택의 여지가 없었지만 불편함없이 지냈습니다. 규모가 굉장히 크고, 깨끗합니다. 다만 와이파이가 로비에서만 터집니다. 그게 유일한 단점이었어요.

many thanks to the kind and understanding staffs, nice and clean facilities

I really didn't like this hostel. I'm a solo traveller & it's the only one I didn't make friends at. There is no atmosphere or proper social space because every comes downstairs to use the wifi and not to speak. No wifi in room. Breakfast good. Decent rooms. Good location. Staff don't speak, except when you want something - very little communication otherwise. If you're travelling solo, don't go. If you're in a group then you'll just about survive.

Definitely excellent hostel in the best location

The hostel is situated down the valley but a very short walk away from both the city center and the party area. It is very easy to find since it is just down one of the main attractions of Luxembourg City: the Bock. It has a free parking place outside, the staff was very friendly at all times and offered help when requested. During our stay we could see all range of ages there! Everyone was friendly and open minded. Easy to get to know people there too. Definitely recommended!

Tasty breakfast, clean facilities (can't speak for the shower because I didn't try it) and friendly staff make for a comfortable stay in Luxembourg City. The only downside is the location, since it's located at the bottom of a valley accessible only by car or foot, but by walking you can easily reach the modern art museum, garrisons or buses nearby.

Typical HI hostel. Good facilities, good breakfast. Dinner was decent value also. location is good, not too far from the old town.

The hostel is a very run of the mill one. Lots of different people around, including families with babies. Not really what I was looking for in hostel. The facilities are excellent, and the staff was very caring.

no internet on 2nd floor! many people sit in front of our door at night,talk loudly ,don't know why staff is very helpful can be reached by bus,not far from a main district,but a litte far from center,still can take bus

Being the only hostel in the city I think its a bit expensive. Even renting a towel can cost about 7-8 euros. But that being said its got good beds, good lockers and clean bathrooms. The breakfast also has variety.

We had a very nice stay at this hostel. The hostel was clean, there were always people around, and they had a breakfast in the mornings. Wifi is only available in the lobby though, but it's not too much of a problem.

The location and the breakfast were good and the hostel has a good infrastructure, but the bathrooms on the floor that we're staying weren't working and there wasn't wifi on the room area, which is something unpractical for travelers. The common area gives more an atmosphere of a hotel, couldn't see many people getting around and knowing each other. In the other hand it seemed like a good place for families. I would recommend a stay, but it's a different hostel environment than the usual.

View all Luxembourg City Hostels