Luxembourg City Hostel Reviews

2, rue du Fort Olisy, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

We had a pleasant experience staying in this hostel. We were worried reading other reviews about the walk there, it's not too bad, it's pretty close to the centre but can be a hassle with bags up and down hills, but it's really not that much of a problem. Everything was clean, the rooms were a decent size, so nothing to complain about there. The only problem was the bar wasn't very big and there was no atmosphere, it would not be a place to go as a solo traveler.

A really lovely hostel but the location is under the bridge where the bock casemates are so if you're arriving late on the train I'd recommend a taxi because it's quite far from the train station but close to the city. I was a girl travelling on my own and I went out to a free concert my first night and going back to the hostel was creepy as you have to walk down under the bridge in the dark. Very clean and good facilities though. Shower operates for 60s at a time, keep pressing the button

This was a clean, decent hostel to stay at close to both the old historical city and not a far walk from the new city but definitely not a eat place to meet people. It was really big and the atmosphere wasn't great. Way too many(!!) super loud noisy young kids. Definitely a struggle to meet people here when travelling solo. If you're with a group or just want a quiet night then it's a pretty good place but not my favourite.

We stayed for the weekend in this awesome Hostel ! breakfast was included, and the bed sheets also, it was full of young people and you have even access to table tennis, kicker , restaurant and more ! -The only thing is: the rooms have no AC or fans so during the summer it gets REALLY hot inside the room! -The wifi works only in the lobby not in the rooms but it was fast -some Staf guys were a little unpolite but nothing serious definitely would recommend it !! PERFECT LOCATION

As far as hostels go this doesn't feel like one, full of old and very young people so there is no 'atmosphere'. In saying that you don't have much choice in Luxembourg so you have to suck it up. The facilities are clean and it has good security so that's a bonus. I ended up making friends by approaching people who were also alone and looked about my age but that's the only way you will manage it as the friendly environment of a normal hostel is just not there. Also wifi only works downstairs :(

it's a basic hostel, like a hotel not much personality but everything you need from a hostel

Very nice hostel, but difficult to locate on foot. Steps to and from upper bunk bed awkward, especially when existing bed.

• 29th Jun 2015

Clean and well organised.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

very bad location. and very far from the train station and the old city center. Hostel is in a very steep mountain. from the bus stop down the luggage is very difficult to achieve, and back up the hill - is impossible. suitable only if you have no bags

Hostel is very clean and staff is extremely helpful. The only small issue is that the bed lamps are too strong and you basically wake up everybody if you want to use them. Anyway is probably the best place to stay in Luxembourg for young and budget people!

Boring as anything, more like a processing factory than a hostel, reception staff pretty "meh"

Quite a walk from the train station, but appears to be the only hostel in Luxembourg! Staff were very helpful (we were unfortunate to be in dorms with people who kept us awake all night, but the man on the reception offered to move one of us into an all female dorm, but unfortunately had no space for the other). There is a free breakfast in the morning, and the rooms and bathrooms were kept very clean.

Very modern and functional a place, very close to the Luxembourg city (5min walk). Great facilities and clean rooms for an extremely attractive price. Best hostel of our trip no doubt.

I enjoyed my stay in Luxembourg hostel, the rooms are pretty basic, but that's all I really needed. The staff were friendly and the outside and kitchen facilities are great. Luxembourg city itself is a gem of a place, so people might be slightly put off with the walk (very hilly walk) from the hostel to the centre, but there are buses if you should find it too difficult. For me, the location was perfect, quiet, out of the way, but within walking distance of the city. Overall I loved it here.

nice welcoming staff with great efficiency. Internet in the lobby is a little slow, but no password required-- really convenient

Staff at night when I checked in seemed rather uninterested and did not give appropriate recommendations despite stating that I have already visited the city centre. Next morning, the staff was much more helpful but wrongly informed me that bus 14 goes all the way to the airport. Luckily I followed the instructions on hostel world.

Amazing hostel. Best one I've even been to. Beautiful setting, tidy building and the rooms were to die for. I only had very tiny problems with the place but they're unimportant in comparison to the upsides. A must stay.

I enjoyed my time in the hostel. However it was really bad that we have to pay to get a towel. Even in hostels in south america they lend you a towel for free..

Really good location and facilites, almost like a hotel. We were just disappointed because on saturday night hostel bar was really unpleasantly closed by the waiter without further explanation at 10.15 p.m and we couldn't even order a drink, not even to take out. The main problem with the rooms is LACK OF ELECTRO PLUGGERS... It is nice that there are vanding machines all over the ohostel - with water, ice cream and other goodies and are not expensive.

No kitchen to cook in this hostel and the price of the food on offer is not very student friendly. Good sized rooms and bathrooms and very close to city centre.

View all Luxembourg City Hostels