Luxembourg City Hostel Reviews

2, rue du Fort Olisy, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

2062 Total Reviews

Huge hotel-like building, very industrial feel, not welcoming at all. Made everyone in the rooms feel a bit too tense to get to know each other. Good breakfast, though, all you can eat. Lockers in each room so security is good. Only two showers per entire floor of people, but it suprisingly wasn't a problem with me since I would sleep in. Hard to find! Down the canyon, outside of the city. I wandered around for 2 hours before an American saw how lost I was and walked me to it.

The location is near to the most attraction, but it's a little bit hard to find if you walk from train station to it. The atmosphere is fantastic, the room's clean and well secured! Wifi can only be used in the lobby ( but sometimes can get the signal in room lol) Breakfast are pretty good. Good value for the price!!Especially considering the price in Luxembourg is higher than the other European country. I would definitely come back!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Helpful staff, good bar and restaurant and a great location. Would reccomend

The staff were really friendly and approachable. If I had any problems I would just ask and they would sort it out as soon as possible.

We thought the hostel was very nice. It is in a good location to walk around and sightsee, but a very long walk with luggage from the train station. I would recommend taking some form of transit because although it doesn't look far on a map, it is in a valley where you must walk up and down hills. Other than that, we have nothing but good things to say about the hostel. The included breakfast was also very good.

The internet is very slow and only available around the reception. In addition, it would be better if there is a guest kitchen.

I actually missed a simple dinner. When I go into a 21-per night accommodation I don't expect to have to pay more than 10 just to get sth into my stomach. Self-service with slides of bread ans spread/cheese would have definitely been preferred (given there is no grocery/discounter around).

• 3rd Apr 2014

One night a member of staff had to come to our room afterhours to count the occupied beds. He made no consideration for the sleeping people at all and was quite abrupt. The people at the desk were usually quite helpful, but not always so nice or approachable.

• 2nd Apr 2014

A very clean hostel and the price gives excellent value. The hostel is set in a stunning location and the local bus service gives easy access to airport and train station. The bar/cafe is reasonably priced. My only gripe is that it is a typical Hostel International operation. The staff are efficient without being too friendly and if travelling alone, there is not the atmosphere you will find at other, more intimate hostels. But the location alone makes this place well worth booking.

Very clean and nice environment, nice breakfast, but too far away from train station.

I loved this hostel! It's got a great location, right by the casemates, and looks magical with all the lights. Free breakfast is always nice! It would be better if the wifi was more reliable: it doesn't work in the rooms and sometimes doesn't work in the downstairs either. They also don't have a kitchen and want you to buy food from the restaurant. However, the staff are really kind and friendly, and the hostel itself is clean and fun! Recommend!

Big & Great Facilities! It was really great experience in Luxembourg for 1night and there was absolutely no problem with staying 1 night there!

The hostel really needs a sign on the side of the building so when you get off the bus you can find it! There is a youth hostel sign in French on the road but that doesn't help if you don't speak French.. the bar man was really nice and helpful! The bar was a nice place to hang out since nothing else was close by...

The showers need to be arranged. The water pression isn't strong enough and in one day it took a long time to become hot.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Nice stay , very clean hostel. price is really cheap. Service was good. Only thing pillows need to be changed . They aren't suitable to sleep on. we waked up with great headache.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Egypt

Best Facilities hostel I have ever had. It looks like luxury hotel. But not very good location. I still highly recommend this hostel!

I quite liked this hostel, especially if you compare it with other IH hostels around Europe. It has a lot more atmosphere and is cleaner. There are lockers for your bags and even a restaurant and snack machines.

This is a wonderful hostel. I really have nothing negative to say!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »