Luxembourg City Hostel Reviews

2, rue du Fort Olisy, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

I actually missed a simple dinner. When I go into a 21-per night accommodation I don't expect to have to pay more than 10 just to get sth into my stomach. Self-service with slides of bread ans spread/cheese would have definitely been preferred (given there is no grocery/discounter around).

• 3rd Apr 2014

One night a member of staff had to come to our room afterhours to count the occupied beds. He made no consideration for the sleeping people at all and was quite abrupt. The people at the desk were usually quite helpful, but not always so nice or approachable.

• 2nd Apr 2014

A very clean hostel and the price gives excellent value. The hostel is set in a stunning location and the local bus service gives easy access to airport and train station. The bar/cafe is reasonably priced. My only gripe is that it is a typical Hostel International operation. The staff are efficient without being too friendly and if travelling alone, there is not the atmosphere you will find at other, more intimate hostels. But the location alone makes this place well worth booking.

Very clean and nice environment, nice breakfast, but too far away from train station.

I loved this hostel! It's got a great location, right by the casemates, and looks magical with all the lights. Free breakfast is always nice! It would be better if the wifi was more reliable: it doesn't work in the rooms and sometimes doesn't work in the downstairs either. They also don't have a kitchen and want you to buy food from the restaurant. However, the staff are really kind and friendly, and the hostel itself is clean and fun! Recommend!

Big & Great Facilities! It was really great experience in Luxembourg for 1night and there was absolutely no problem with staying 1 night there!

The hostel really needs a sign on the side of the building so when you get off the bus you can find it! There is a youth hostel sign in French on the road but that doesn't help if you don't speak French.. the bar man was really nice and helpful! The bar was a nice place to hang out since nothing else was close by...

The showers need to be arranged. The water pression isn't strong enough and in one day it took a long time to become hot.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Nice stay , very clean hostel. price is really cheap. Service was good. Only thing pillows need to be changed . They aren't suitable to sleep on. we waked up with great headache.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Egypt

Best Facilities hostel I have ever had. It looks like luxury hotel. But not very good location. I still highly recommend this hostel!

I quite liked this hostel, especially if you compare it with other IH hostels around Europe. It has a lot more atmosphere and is cleaner. There are lockers for your bags and even a restaurant and snack machines.

This is a wonderful hostel. I really have nothing negative to say!

Great hostel, but not the greatest if tou like to party and make friends.

Here's the thing. This hostel was great. One of the better ones I have ever stayed at to be honest. The location is perfect..........ONCE YOU FIND IT. My only complaint is that the map to get there DOES NOT specify that there are different elevations. The hostel is down in the gorge. On the map, it appears you can take a street and go left. But really, you are standing on a bridge and the hostel was 100 feet below you. Make sure that you get exact directions!

At the bottom of a fairly steep hill...a beautiful location but a somewhat inconvenient hike to start going to, well, anywhere. Pretty setting aside, it was a solid hostel. The food at breakfast wasn't really good, but a wider variety than I'm used to. (Stuff for sandwiches along side the usual toast, cereal, and fruit.) I didn't get around to trying their dinner. Cleaner, bigger, and nicer than most hostels. No complaints.

Good friendly staffed hostel. Felt comfortable there and would recommend it to others.

I think it is the only hostel in Luxembourg so there is not much to choose from. Our whole experience would have been made twice as good if the staff weren't so rude. It felt like they were doing us a massive favour by even just looking up from what they were doing. Not helpful at all. Otherwise, the actual hostel was clean and the breakfast was good.

Very clean, however, there was no wifi in the rooms, only on the ground floor and only part of the time. On our last day there, the wifi wasn't working at all. I asked a woman at reception and she just said "Yes I know, the wifi here is very bad. There's nothing I can do." When asking directions, the man at reception told us "you can go to the tourist office in the center for more information." When I travel I expect to get some information and advice at the hostel/hotel, he was very rude.

The staff were very helpful.

The Hostel was great! I thought it would bother me that the wifi would not reach the rooms, but it was a convenient way to meet fellow travellers in the lobby. The free breakfast was well worth it and our whole stay was beyond great! Despite the fact that I lost my watch in the girls bathroom, everything was clean and safe.

• 7th Feb 2014