Luxembourg City Hostel Reviews

2, rue du Fort Olisy, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

2076 Total Reviews

I quite liked this hostel, especially if you compare it with other IH hostels around Europe. It has a lot more atmosphere and is cleaner. There are lockers for your bags and even a restaurant and snack machines.

This is a wonderful hostel. I really have nothing negative to say!

Great hostel, but not the greatest if tou like to party and make friends.

Here's the thing. This hostel was great. One of the better ones I have ever stayed at to be honest. The location is perfect..........ONCE YOU FIND IT. My only complaint is that the map to get there DOES NOT specify that there are different elevations. The hostel is down in the gorge. On the map, it appears you can take a street and go left. But really, you are standing on a bridge and the hostel was 100 feet below you. Make sure that you get exact directions!

At the bottom of a fairly steep hill...a beautiful location but a somewhat inconvenient hike to start going to, well, anywhere. Pretty setting aside, it was a solid hostel. The food at breakfast wasn't really good, but a wider variety than I'm used to. (Stuff for sandwiches along side the usual toast, cereal, and fruit.) I didn't get around to trying their dinner. Cleaner, bigger, and nicer than most hostels. No complaints.

Good friendly staffed hostel. Felt comfortable there and would recommend it to others.

I think it is the only hostel in Luxembourg so there is not much to choose from. Our whole experience would have been made twice as good if the staff weren't so rude. It felt like they were doing us a massive favour by even just looking up from what they were doing. Not helpful at all. Otherwise, the actual hostel was clean and the breakfast was good.

Very clean, however, there was no wifi in the rooms, only on the ground floor and only part of the time. On our last day there, the wifi wasn't working at all. I asked a woman at reception and she just said "Yes I know, the wifi here is very bad. There's nothing I can do." When asking directions, the man at reception told us "you can go to the tourist office in the center for more information." When I travel I expect to get some information and advice at the hostel/hotel, he was very rude.

The staff were very helpful.

The Hostel was great! I thought it would bother me that the wifi would not reach the rooms, but it was a convenient way to meet fellow travellers in the lobby. The free breakfast was well worth it and our whole stay was beyond great! Despite the fact that I lost my watch in the girls bathroom, everything was clean and safe.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Philippines

A bit far from the train station, but it is a nice walk as you walk past the cliff and some former fortifications. They have a restaurant that offered good food for much less expensive than the what you would pay in the restaurants in that city. The breakfast offered has already more variety than what I've seen in other hostels (although it still remain bread/cereal type).

This is the only hostel in Luxembourg, and they certainly know it. Don't expect great value for money (it is Luxembourg, after all). Lockers and linens are provided, and the linens are actually quite nice (warm comforter) but one of the lockers in our room didn't close. A basic breakfast is included, though served early in the day. The hostel is fine, except for the staff who are awful. The staff were unhelpful, inattentive (playing a game on her phone while we waited) and frankly, rude.

시설은 개좋은데 직원들싸가지존나없음ㅡㅡ 아.. 식당에 음식만드는 요리사는 친절 여긴 진짜유스호스텔이라 외국인들이 단체로 많이 오는듯 unkind staff very clean

Perhaps being kind of far it still at walking distance from the city centre. The neares bus stop is right 4 min away, but if you don't mind walk then enjoy the scenery... The cafe-bar was well stocked providing a good atmosphere. Their staff were kind and helpful. The bed was ok, but the room's walls to thin ( you could hear people talking in the other room ). Overall, a good stay! The city was beautiful...

The staff is not super awesome, but the location is close to the town center, and the free breakfast is pretty nice. Rooms are average, but on the plus side lockers are big and can hold most backpacks.

wish their was a kitchen.. a bit far from the train.. but a beautiful walk to the hostel. very clean.

룩셈부르크에 하나뿐인 호스텔이라 열악할 줄 알았는데 깨끗하고 시설도 좋았습니다. 조식도 매우 잘 나오는 편이었구요~ 적극추천입니다~

Very nice hostel but a bit overpriced as it is the monopoly hostel in the city. Not the best location as it is in a valley but nice area. It is a very clean and well organized hostel with a nice bar. Luxembourg is a beautiful city and it should have a couple more hostels.

Great hostel !

Sandra the bartender was great!

• 1st Jan 2014