Luxembourg City Hostel Reviews

2, rue du Fort Olisy, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

2076 Total Reviews

Sandra the bartender was great!

• 1st Jan 2014

Very well located. In staff there was a french girl that was very unpolite and didn`t want to help at all. We asked about sightseeings, she pointed a couple of things on a map and said: "and the rest uou ask at the touristic informations tomorrow, because today it is closed".

“Pros: good staff, good breakfast and very good location. You can easily walk to there from the train station. They have a bar with fairly priced beer and good meals. Cons: bad internet wifi that will only work if you are less than 5 meters from the reception desk.”

This is the only hostel in Luxembourg. It is a 10-minute walk away from the old town (although uphill). There is a good restaurant which belongs to the hostel where you can have a good-value meal. The rooms have lockers and are spacious. There is a little lack of atmosphere because the hostel is huge but if you want to get to know other people I think it's still possible. All in all I think this hostel is your best option in the city I guess.

This was definitely a very positive surprise. One might complain that the atmosphere is a bit numb and feels like a hotel (I don't think it was that bad), but I think the excelent value for money more than makes up for it: decent location, very safe ("so what? we're in luxembourg"), big and clean dorms, linen included, free parking, nice breakfast included.. only real problems are maybe the inexistence of a kitchen for those wanting to save money, and the dirt in the common use toilets.

it was so noisy during the midnight of the new year. I couldnt get to sleep because of the deep sound. I waited until 2:30 am in the morning becuase I thought they could stop the party by 2am. It turned out not till then actually, so I went down from the 3rd floor of my dorm to the ground to speak the problem with the reception. But the reception didn't care about my sleeping. He just said it will stop soon. So I said I want to make a complain. but he didnt do anything positively...

The showers and toilets weren't being cleaned, there was no toilet paper for complete day!

• 26th Dec 2013

The cleanliness and facilities at this hostel is excellent. But there is no lock for locker in the room and the staff are not friendly.

There are 2 very good staffs at the bar/restaurtant one is from Portugal and the other from Marrocos!!! I needed to take a taxi from the main station, because I had no informations how to go to the hostel. The bus numember 9 you take in front of the main station and it custs 2 euros.

The hostels location was great , close to Claussen which is a great street to go bar hopping if you are into that. It is also not a far walk to the more historic parts of luxembourg. The breakfast is nice but it stops at 9am. No atmosphere and the staff are mediocre. It is very modern.

It's a good hostel. It's clean and comfortable. The breakfast there is nice. I borrowed lock and hair dryer with deposit. There is a few sockets in the room but sometimes it's not big problem. I could use wifi only at lobby, not at room. It's maybe the only problem.

More of a hotel than a hostel feel. Perfectly clean and friendly enough, but more of a place to sleep at night than a hostel atmosphere.

Fantastic hostel and great location within Luxembourg! Only stayed the one night but will be visiting again. Didn't have a great nights sleep due to two drunk mates but thats just the luck of staying in a hostel.

• 12th Dec 2013

Perfectly adequate for my needs

Not a great place for backpackers. Very little atmosphere. If u have other reasons for going to Luxembourg it's a very nice hostel, clean, good facilities, etc.

Hostel rooms was very clean and tidy, although breakfast is more then a poor for a price.

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

the only thing missing is a kitchen for guests on a budget to prepare their own food, apart from that, it's excellent.

The reception staff was rather rude. For the past 3 months I have been travelling across Europe and staying in hostels and the best part of every hostel is the reception staff who are very friendly and smiling. The one in this hotel was rude and made a face as if we're a pain to her.

A bit too far from city, clean and comfortable rooms

Good hostel, I was there on a weekday and it was very calm. However, it's not very easy to find at night. Ask the bus driver for directions, once you know where to go it's very easy.

View all Luxembourg City Hostels