MEININGER Brussels City Center Reviews

Quai du Hainut / Henegouwenkaai 33, 1080 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

Excellent showers. Decent sized rooms, except bed so close together. The darker skin 35-50 ish old bigger lady at the front was the rudest person ive ever met. Others were cool. Bar was closed when we tried to go but didnt spend much time there. Decent enough.

• 20th Oct 2014

Busy hostel, and so very easy to make friends. Only 10-15min walk to tourist central.

This hostel is a little pricey, but pretty alright overall. Definitely more of a hotel feel. I'm a solo traveler and if it weren't for my roommates ring so friendly then I would not have met anyone because there's no common lounge space. If I went back to Brussels I would probably book somewhere else that had a less boxy feel. Also, the breakfast is way overpriced.

Feels more like a hostel than a hostel. Washing machine and dryer in kitchen, though kitchen was rather small considering size of the hostel. Comfy rooms and bathrooms, though rooms are very small and not big enough for 6-8 people plus luggage. Location was a bit out of city centre, though trams and Metro stops are within walking distance. Had to change rooms halfway through my 5 night stay due to a private booking, which I didn't find out about until check in. Would stay again and recommend.

Amazing. Like a hotel but price of a hostel. Clean rooms and lovely staff. Good beds too.

Definitely more like a hotel than a hostel. Not a good place to meet people, but if you are in the middle of your trip and looking to relax for a night, this will do the trick. We had a four bed "dorm"- which would have been super awkward if other people ended up sharing with us (no one did). It was a bunk bed with a double bed... perfect for a family, awkward for a bunch of strangers.

The hostel is nice, it's not very far from the center, and has all the facilities.

This was the best hostel that we stayed at throughout our two week trip to Europe. All staff (especially reception) were incredibly helpful and kind. Brussels was the perfect stop over for us as we continued on our way to France, and given the opportunity I would spend more time at this great hostel/hotel and beautiful city. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend to everyone! Thanks!

Very large hostel with big youth/school groups also staying, not a great hostel vibe to meet other world travellers. Kitchen facilities are a joke, there is one cook top, one sink and one fridge for the whole hostel, so forget about cooking its nearly impossible. Staff are average, but with dealt with complaints well. The dorm rooms were set out more like family rooms (4 bunk beds and a double), but bathroom facilities were very good.

This was our first experience staying in a hostel and it was absolutely amazing! IThe staff were friendly and very helpful.There was a homeless pregnant cat living outside and the staff took the extra steps to find it a home ! Everything was extremely clean and I loved how everyone had their own outlet by their bed! I will stay here again !

The bed is not as comfortable as i thought, maybe coz i slept on upper deck? Could no sleep so well there. Besides this, everything is great!

It was great staying here. A fifteen minute walk to the city center and close to the tram which easily gets you to the train station and to the Atomium as well!

Loved that place! The staff are really friendly and funny, mainly Marie and Aurelia! They taught me the Belgium fries are the best and the best Belgium chocolates are sold in supermarket! The structure of Meininger is modern, clean and beautiful! Wonderful place to stay!

thank you very much to everyone for making my stay awesome.Matyas

A modern, high quality hostel. Minor issues: you need to use your key card to turn on electricity in the bedroom, this is ok in a hotel but in a 10-bed room a bit ridiculous. The ground floor is noisy due to the ceiling, sound reverberates.

I stayed in Meininger hostel for 2days. Even though the hostel is located quite far from city center, it was very clean and comfortable place. During my stay, I could have good night sleep. Workers was very kind as well. If I visit Brussel again I'm going to stay here as well.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

awesome place !

• India

This was a pretty cool place to stay. The bar was always buzzing, The rooms had good amenities, and the breakfast was delicious! Happy, helpful attendants and refrigerators with beer, ice cream, and junk food can be found right upon arrival in the lobby.

• 26th Sep 2014

그랑플라스까지 걸어서 10분-15분. 가는 길은 쉬운 편이니 걱정 안하셔도 됩니다. 미디역에서 숙소까지 가는 트램이 있습니다. 시설, 청결도 모두 제가 가본 호스텔 중 최고였어요! 2박 내내 감탄했습니다. The best hostel ever ! All of things were perfect in reasonable price.

We stayed in a private 4 person ensuite and we could not have been more pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel that we received for our money. The location is good. A 15 minute walk to the city centre but it's a straight shoot once your across the canal and entirely worth reduced pricing for the distance. Very impressed! Biggest complaint: water was €3.50 to buy in hotel!! :(

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7