MEININGER Brussels City Center Reviews

Quai du Hainut / Henegouwenkaai 33, 1080 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

I made really good friends here, and the facilities are really good. One downside was that there were way too many kids around making noises. Quite disturbing. But other than that, was great. The way to the hostel might get a bit creepy during the night if you're alone.

18€ per day for parking seems a little much

I don't usually love HUGE hostels as a solo traveler but seeing as I was with my boyfriend this trip we booked MEININGER and I just cant fault it! The staff are friendly & helpful, the rooms (private & dorm) are beautiful & very comfortable, the location is good, the entire hostel is spotless all the time & even though it is a huge hostel they still have a fully equipped kitchen! Overall Fantastic!! The only negative is that it does attract big groups of people which is not my ideal atmosphere.

This is a good hostel, good size rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff, good bar, the breakfast is over priced though. The location is a bit far from the town centre a good 20 minute walk. This is the newest of the group/chain and I feel they have made 'cutbacks' on the design/layout of the dorms especially in the bathroom/toilet areas. The shower in my dorm was broken, I reported it as soon as I checked in but nothing was done because it was a weekend. Overall I would stay there again.

Good hostel, but a bit annoyed as we got downgraded on check-in without any reason or explanation or partial refund.

I've stayed at a number of hostels around the world and this hostel has to be the best one ever. I haven't provided reviews before, but this was so great I had to get online and write it up! The place is beautiful, you feel you're almost in a 5 star resort.

Was very happy with my stay here - extremely clean and secure, best bathroom I've ever seen in a hostel. It feels a bit more like a hotel than a hostel, but the bar area is still quite nice. Staff were helpful but extremely busy so the wait time to buy a soft drink, hire a towel, call a taxi etc. was long. Not their fault. Location is excellent and near several tram stops.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Greece

Rooms were a bit cramped but cool location and real nice facilities. Felt a lot like a hotel

The hostel looks very nice and the staff is very friendly but there are too many people. We took a private room for two and it was just sooooo big and a cold design and decoration. It is a very nice interior design but just not my type, not warm enough. I would also have preferred a room much smaller but twice cheaper. I don't see the point in having rooms so big for only 2 people and so expensive. I think that if you are a group of friends it's definitely the place to be!

The Wi-Fi wasn't work so well, but everything else was awesome. The atmosphere is great, and the staff are very well prepared to receive customers. Great experience.

top hostel/hotel very clean and well equiped rooms, excellent breakfast for only around 7 Euros - was quiet stoked about it! location is good, just a 5-10 min walk to the metro and two metro stops from the central station, that's fine! staff is very helpful and friendly good value for money

Excellent hostel! Very close to Grand Place-about a 15-20 minute walk. The hostel was very clean and spacious. My only complaint is that there is no free breakfast, however everything else was good. Great value for the price.

Not as close as it says it is, which is worth keeping in mind when you're trying to find it. It's very clean and beds are very comfy though.

Not the best location (everyone I talked to, including myself, got lost getting there!) but very nice inside with very comfortable accommodations even in dorms! I'd still recommend it.

Very clean and comfortable.

This is the best hostel i I stayed so far!! the value for money is absolutely excellent! I would defintely recommend this hostel to everyone who wants to stay in a trendy hostel with clean

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

The facilities were very clean and nice. There were good lockers in the room that fit my entire bag. I got a 6 person room here and it was very spacious and comfortable. I would advise against the 7 euro breakfast, it is a ripoff for the price. The location was not great but not bad.. My biggest gripe is the environment. The it is Meininger HOTEL, and seemd to cater more to large groups of people than individual travellers.

We loved everything about the hotel. I went with 5 friends of mine and we had 6 bed private room, we had our own toilet and shower. The stay was really good we had enough space for everything. The hotel was very central. And if we wanted to rest a bit the bar was a good place. After all we just really loved it.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The best experience ever related to an accommodation. Friendly staff, spacious room, high standard of cleanliness and good price.

This was a great room with good wifi strength; individual night lights, plug sockets and really comfortable bedding. This was simply a stop over for us and because of the weather we didn't venture out to know how good the location was for the local sights, but they helped us order a pizza locally which was great and this was only a short walk to the station which was perfect for us.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7