MEININGER Brussels City Center Reviews

Quai du Hainut / Henegouwenkaai 33, 1080 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

Everything was wonderful! It definitely seemed more like a hotel than hostel, but I enjoyed that because there was still the bar downstairs to meet people! I wish I could have stayed longer.

Hostel was clean and it was a comfortable stay. Only thing was that the lockers could not lock so we had to lock our valuables in our luggage instead. The hostel is pretty far away from the city centre (about 15 min walk) as well.

Everything was great, really loved the place though the dorm prices seemed quite expensive

Only complaint is the blonde receptionist. Same problem last time too. She looks at you and responds to you like all of your questions are stupid. I also asked to the best way to get to the airport from the hostel using a ticket I had bought. She hardly looked at the ticket, continued doing what she was doing and answered me distractedly. Ended up having to pay an additional 15€ on a train that she told me my ticket was valid for. Clean otherwise. Lots of teenaged school groups

The hostel was located in some sort of old factory and had a very unique look and feel. The rooms were huge and the beds some of the most comfortable I've slept in. Location was relatively good and easy to find.

It's nice place. Near to the city center. Clean and teddy rom. And good breakfast. Also helpful staff.

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The location was such a short walk to Brussels City Center. This hostel was more like a hotel, our room came with its own shower and toilet and the downstairs area was complete with a bar ! The staff was amazing and super helpful (each staff member spoke at least 4 languages fluently) ! I definitely recommend this hostel and I will be staying with Meininger in the future !

• 22nd Apr 2015

The hostel was very nice. Cool looking atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms looked like the pictures. The lockers were a little small but it was manageable. It's not too far from the city center, about a 20 minute walk. A few restaurants and stores are close by to buy local groceries. Overall good experience.

The hostel is full of drunk Germans shouting and behaving rudely.

Stayed in a four bed room in this hostel, which was great. The rooms are nice and clean, and feel more like a hotel than a hostel. One thing, however, is that two of the beds are not bunks, but rather singles next to each other. This was fine for my group, as we all knew each other, but one friend stayed in another room, and has to sleep uncomfortably close to a stranger. I guess that comes with the territory in hostels, but it felt particularly weird in this one.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Very nice. Our rooms were upgraded for free from 10 dorms to rooms for 4. Very clean and new! Coming back for sure

• 21st Apr 2015

I booked a bed in a 10 mixed room and they put me in a 4 mixed room without ask me! Seems good but was only me and men's and I feel uncomfortable!

We were a group. The first person to arrive was not the person who was going to pay. Meininger were not happy with this, and at first would not allow entry into the room. It took a number of conversations with Meininger's central call centre, passing messages to the reception at Meininger Brussels. The cleanliness of the rooms was excellent.

Was good, the staff speak more than 2 language so is easy to speak with them the atmosphere is really good at night and the rooms are good for the value

to bad about the location ,not that many attractions around and a lot of homeless / drug addicts not so many places to eat ,it would be nice if you served /had a restaurant or a mini market from which to buy food all day long the fact that you have to put your key to have electricity is very uncomfortable and kinda makes a problem when you share a room with other people the place is very nicely decorated the staff were very kind and gave good advice

We were only there for one night so didn't get to experience too much. It was a good location, and the rooms were clean. Wifi didn't work in our room which was a pain and atmosphere wasn't the best.

Great hostel. Nice staff speaking all languages, great location and great rooms. Best hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 17th Apr 2015

It's not a hostel, it's a hotel with shared dorms. However it got nice facilites and the staff is good. A little expensive.

Too noisy at night

This is a really good choice, I felt more in a hotel than in a hostel. Full of young people, a great kitchen where you can cook provided with all your need, a very nice bar and spaces for chilling out, short distance from the city center, rooms are very comfortable and modern. I liked it very much.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7