MEININGER Brussels City Center Reviews

Quai du Hainut / Henegouwenkaai 33, 1080 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

Overall a good hostel. The neighborhood was not ideal, it was very creepy to walk home from town at night, but it was really close to the city centre. We also found it annoying that there were no locks to the lockers in the room, that you couldn't open the windows and that you had to put your keycard by the door to be able to turn on the lights. The last was mostly annoying since we lived in a dorm. But yeah, overall good.

All the structure and furniture were really new and modern. The breakfast is not included but the one they offer for something around 8 euros I don't think it's worthy. What really bothered me was my room, I just couldn't feel good being there, the window coudn't be open so was always smelly there and the lights weren't enought if I wanted to read something. I felt a bit suffocated in the room. Besides that, everything was ok.

Staff, contrary to many reviews, were always helpful and did their job well. Great layout of the lobby and lounge. Good atmosphere. I would've appreciated more secure lockers in the room--you have to buy their specific locks to make sure your valuables aren't stolen. I would recommend.

Overall good hostel, bathroom in the room was clean, and toilet separate from shower was convenient. Staff were friendly and helpful, although a bit overworked with the number of people staying there. The only complaint I have is the bunk beds are a little uncomfortable, other than that, a great stay overall!

there`s alot of good stuff to be said, but such is the case with most hostels. what bothered me was the strange price flactuations from night to night, and the fact that the computer stations weren`t free to use. as a phoneless traveler, this was a major problem for me. otherwise - great place!

Amazing hostel. Would definitely recommend. Staff were fantastic and I got upgraded from a 10 bed dorm to a 4 bed dorm!

All my stuff got stolen in the lobby with me right beside it. Instead of helping the staff said that calling the cops there would be useless just because they did not want to deal with it. Truly horrible experience. Shared a room with 3 50-60 year old me and two 18 year old girls which was uncomfortable for all.

• 19th Mar 2015

This is a huge hostel, but it is well kept. The staff were very helpful and the room/bathrooms were very clean. I would have liked it to be closer to the city center, but it still was within walking distance. I would stay here again, but maybe in a smaller room.

They could add curtains to the beds.

A great place for young travellers !

• 13th Mar 2015

A clean, modern and vibrant hostel with good facilities. It is located around 10-15 minutes from Grand-Palace which is relatively convenient and is not too far from the Metro.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Great hostel in general, not in the center of Brussels but very close to it.

Cleanest hostel I have been to. Very nice facilities and atmosphere. Great experience overall!

• 12th Mar 2015

No hot water at night

• 11th Mar 2015

The best!

The hostel is very good, just would have liked to get a complimentary map of brussels with our stay, like we did in other hostels.

The hostel was great! Best one I have been to! The employees were very accommodating!

• 6th Mar 2015

Such a nice hostel! great breakfast and nice facilities

We had a great time at Meininger Brussels City. There were six of us in a room and we never felt there was not enough space or anything. Everything was clean and the staff were great, really useful and friendly. The breakfast was a bit poor taking into account its prize, but that's the only non-positive thing I'd say about this hostel. If I ever go back to Brussels, I will definitely stay at Meininger.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Querido Daniel, muchas gracias por tu comentario. Esperamos verle muy pronto en uno de nuestros hoteles! Un saludo.

Quite an odd room; I had a 4 bed room, which was essentially a large twin hotel room with an extra bunk bed. Really good bathroom, complimentary shower gel too. There's key card entry and a locker in the room, so nice and secure. The bar was pretty good amd the local area seems nice enough. Didn't see much of the staff and the place was overrun with teenagers on a school trip, but overall it was a good stay

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7