MEININGER Brussels City Center Reviews

Quai du Hainut / Henegouwenkaai 33, 1080 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

The 6-dorm bedrooms are over-crowded. They have placed too many beds in a small space. there should only be four, or maximum five in there. Otherwise, the hostel is great, with good location and staff. Slightly expensive though!

Had an absolutely wonderful time here! Probably the nicest and cleanest hostel we've ever stayed in. Pub crawl is a must! Met amazing people! Will be back for sure!

Good hostel with good atmosphere. Although, a little bit high price.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Serbia

Hard to find location, a little off the beaten track, but easy to get to the center of town once you've found it! Super easy to meet people, I was only there for around 12 hours but with the bar downstairs it was easy to make friends (though I admit I got lucky with my dorm mates)! Breakfast was expensive considering what it was, if you have time skip it and walk to town for some Belgian waffles. Overall it was a great place to stay!

I would say too expensive for a hostel without breakfast.

wifi could be better.

Really great place! Even when the bar was closed I was able to get a beer at the reception after a rough journey and chill out at the common area. Really nice at the reception and everything worked great :) Really relaxed atmosphere, but still you didn't hear the noise from the common area in the rooms.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Finland

We thought it was a little bit expensive untill we found out about the free all you can eat breakfast buffet.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent cleanliness in the rooms and wonderful customer service. Nasilda gave great advice on some really nice Brussels foodfare and Christmas market as I checked in late in the night without dinner. The experience would be better if the lock to the showers were working fine, and if we didn't have a creept woman who moved in for a day and left her scarf behind.

Had an awesome time here. We came whilst the Christmas markets were on. We booked for a 6bed dorm but had the whole room for my boyfriend and myself!!! Thanks for that!

My stay at the hostel really improved my overall experience in Brussels.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

The perfect place. Its a new hotel, very clean y with really good accommodations. The receptionists are very helpful and amiable, creating a great and funny environment. El sitio perfecto. Es un hotel nuevo, muy limpio y con muy buenos servicios e instalaciones. Los recepcionistas son muy simpáticos y atentos, creando un ambiente agradable y divertido.

• 6th Dec 2014

Great hostel to stay at when you are visiting Munich. The staff were all very helpful in giving info on where to go and what to do. Rooms are decent sizes with not to many people crammed into them. Do yourself a favor and join the free walking tour.

One of best hostels i stayed in when it comes to being clean. Great, multilingual staff. Breakfast too expensive. Some shared bed rooms have weird bedding, i ve seen 2 random people being forced to sleep on 1 mattress . Better to arrive early in the day and secure yourself bunk bed instead of that separated bed.

Very Clean, Helpful Staff, Great Atmosphere. About a 15-20 minute walk to the center of the city.

Most hostels around the world will loan you a lock...or sell you one for cheap. 10 euros??? Thats HALF the cost of my 20 euro bed. THEN I get to the locker and its so small you cant even fit a daybag....pathetic.

The rooms were amazing, almost hotel quality. Power plugs at each bed and a sizeable ensuite bathroom. The staff were great, happy to answer any questions and most could speak at least 3 languages fluently. There wasn't a wide range of food and the bar was expensive compared to nearby bars, but it was very convenient for a snack and drink in the evening. Location wise it was in a slightly run down area, but only about 15 minute walk from the Grand Place. Overall very good value for money.

I got bitten by bed bugs, for the first time in my life, from this hostel. I only stayed one night (wooden bed) & the next day came out in a very hot, itchy & swollen rash which worsened over 2 days. My Dr in London confirmed the rash was caused by bed bug bites. This was awful but not necessarily the hostel's fault. Emailed the hostel a very polite, helpful email but heard no reply, extremely rude. Spent almost as much on treatment than on the hostel! Ruined my trip to Brussels :(

We had a great stay here. We only stayed for one night but after a long day of walking around Brussels in the freezing cold, it was great to come back at night to a tidy and cozy hotel room. Our only complaint - the internet connection was very weak in the room.

A bit of a mixed review. I ended up here for a night after the rail strike debacle. I booked a 10 person room but was upgraded to a 6 (thanks!) free. The rooms are gorgeous and very clean, they look more like a hotel, the bathrooms in particular are incredible. Nice bar downstairs too. My problems were 1) Location - south of the hostel feels very dodgy and I didn't feel safe wandering around there alone, 2) I was bitten in my bed there, and noticed another comment about bedbugs below, worrying.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7