MEININGER Brussels City Center Reviews

Quai du Hainut / Henegouwenkaai 33, 1080 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

This was a great room with good wifi strength; individual night lights, plug sockets and really comfortable bedding. This was simply a stop over for us and because of the weather we didn't venture out to know how good the location was for the local sights, but they helped us order a pizza locally which was great and this was only a short walk to the station which was perfect for us.

Once inside, the hostel looked lovely. Had a room with an ensuite bathroom and was pleasantly surprised by the quality! This was my first ever stay in a hostel and I think I have been spoilt as a result :) Was only there for the one night but would recommend.

• 22nd Aug 2014

It was a very nice hotel, lots if families. Was kind of weird that they let children play in the bar area during the night while others would be drinking. To me drinking and children don't mix but whatever.

This is a well run hotel/hostel. I stayed in 6 bed room which was furnished very nicely, extremely well kept, and clean. Meininger is professionally run business and it shows! It can not even be compared to some of the other grimy military cot hostels I have stayed in. It is in a excellent location with city attractions all in walking distance. I felt very safe during my two nights at Meininger, I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Brussels.

They took the sheets off my bed even though I was staying another night which was annoying. They have lockers in the room and a secure luggage room. The rooms were very nice.

every is great except for the internet in our room was poor.

More of a hotel than a hostel. Massive place. But clean and close enough to the city. Not the easiest place to meet other backpackers.

It was more like a hotel fitted with 6 beds. It was plush

Pretty much faultless.

• 18th Aug 2014

Pretty cool place, comfortable beds with blackout curtains if you like to sleep late. A bit far from the center, and the directions they supplied weren't the best (the tram from the north station didn't exsist) but all in all was a nice place.

Very modern hostel in a good location. Nice big lockers for all your luggage however the catches for the locks were unusual and our locks didn't fit however we did not need to worry as the dorm has key card access so felt very secure. Only 1 washing machine and dryer for the entire place which was broken and seems stupid with the amount of people that can stay here. Very pleasant stay and would stay here again.

Meininger Brussels feels like a hotel in most aspects, and for me it was a much needed break from cramped 30 person dorms is been staying at in other cities. The dorms are extremely clean and feel very spacious, and it's pretty easy to meet others there in your dorm or at the bar. If I was in Brussels again I would stay there without hesitation.

Not bad for a large hostel. Rooms are nice, clean. Staff are fine. Cool bar and it's not too far to walk to the center.

Breakfast was too expensive compared to other hostels. Beds had no courtains, and I had to stay in the corridor so I could get my bag ready to leave next day and not to bother anyone.

We were impressioned about his hostel, the structure is fabulous, big rooms and very friendly staff.

Good hostel, rooms are clean and it's walking distance to all major city attractions. The only downside is that it's in a higher crime rate suburb, a random person from the street walked in and tried to run away with my bag. Atmosphere isn't very social, but the staff are great!

Very nice staff and location! We would go back!

hostel is very nice, clean, and the staff are super friendly

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Booked a 6 bed dorm, and got a 2 bed dorm with a sofa. I got the sofa. In the room with 2 guys, beds very close to each other. No lockers. There was no “real “bed, no pillow, no sheets: Had to go to the reception 4 times to get this sorted, and if that wasn’t bad enough, the blond girl in the reception was very very rude! So, 45 Euros per night for a couch, where you had to “beg” for the basics (pillow, sheets). The washing machine and iron were out of service, the kitchen was overcrowded

alright hostel, big dorms. and alright price. bit out of the centre of brussels, especially seeming you can hostels in the grand place

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7