MEININGER Brussels City Center Reviews

Quai du Hainut / Henegouwenkaai 33, 1080 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

2082 Total Reviews

Once inside, the hostel looked lovely. Had a room with an ensuite bathroom and was pleasantly surprised by the quality! This was my first ever stay in a hostel and I think I have been spoilt as a result :) Was only there for the one night but would recommend.

• 22nd Aug 2014

It was a very nice hotel, lots if families. Was kind of weird that they let children play in the bar area during the night while others would be drinking. To me drinking and children don't mix but whatever.

They took the sheets off my bed even though I was staying another night which was annoying. They have lockers in the room and a secure luggage room. The rooms were very nice.

every is great except for the internet in our room was poor.

More of a hotel than a hostel. Massive place. But clean and close enough to the city. Not the easiest place to meet other backpackers.

It was more like a hotel fitted with 6 beds. It was plush

Pretty much faultless.

• 18th Aug 2014

Pretty cool place, comfortable beds with blackout curtains if you like to sleep late. A bit far from the center, and the directions they supplied weren't the best (the tram from the north station didn't exsist) but all in all was a nice place.

Meininger Brussels feels like a hotel in most aspects, and for me it was a much needed break from cramped 30 person dorms is been staying at in other cities. The dorms are extremely clean and feel very spacious, and it's pretty easy to meet others there in your dorm or at the bar. If I was in Brussels again I would stay there without hesitation.

Not bad for a large hostel. Rooms are nice, clean. Staff are fine. Cool bar and it's not too far to walk to the center.

Breakfast was too expensive compared to other hostels. Beds had no courtains, and I had to stay in the corridor so I could get my bag ready to leave next day and not to bother anyone.

Good hostel, rooms are clean and it's walking distance to all major city attractions. The only downside is that it's in a higher crime rate suburb, a random person from the street walked in and tried to run away with my bag. Atmosphere isn't very social, but the staff are great!

hostel is very nice, clean, and the staff are super friendly

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Booked a 6 bed dorm, and got a 2 bed dorm with a sofa. I got the sofa. In the room with 2 guys, beds very close to each other. No lockers. There was no “real “bed, no pillow, no sheets: Had to go to the reception 4 times to get this sorted, and if that wasn’t bad enough, the blond girl in the reception was very very rude! So, 45 Euros per night for a couch, where you had to “beg” for the basics (pillow, sheets). The washing machine and iron were out of service, the kitchen was overcrowded

This has easily been the best hostel I have ever spent my time in they were amazingin every aspect I would highly recommend this one

Really nice place, well conducted. Also not too far from the city centrum.

The best one I've stayed in Europe.

The hostel is situated in an ugly and dirty area of Brussels. I didn't feel safe at all. There is a bar that offers only panini, muffins and snacks. There's no restaurant. Wifi doesn't work in the room.

The hostel is quite far from the Bruxelles-Central train station and the attraction sites. The WiFi connection in the room was a little weak at times. We didn't try the breakfast as it was pricy. The beds were small but the room was clean and well ventilated. As a whole, we were satisfied with our stay here and met some very friendly people.

Very clean. GREAT location (only 15 minutes from grand-place by foot!!) And the staff was very kind. I've never been this kind of clean and comfortable hostel before!! I think the meininger hostel bruxelle is the best!! Hope they'd provide free breakfast:)

• 7th Aug 2014