MEININGER Brussels City Center Reviews

Quai du Hainut / Henegouwenkaai 33, 1080 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

Really clean and had a friendly atmosphere, very modern and a lovely nights sleep for a night might not be the best if staying for longer as its not in the town, you cant check in untill 3 oclock and there are no lockers, but overall i would recommend the hotel we had a really good time.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Meininger - great. No laundry service. Windows don't open. Ambient 22 degree temp. Area not central. Metro is two stops from Brussels Central. Area safe but caters mainly for the Muslim community, offering little demonstration of the traditional Belgian way of life. It's a pretty hostel, but the pricing is outrageous and sporadic. My girlfriend Paddy and I wanted privacy so booked a private twin for 38 a night. However the cost is usually between 100-151 EACH. little atmosphere.

Everything was just perfect... Just wish location was a bit more central..

Not the best location, nothing much happening around the area and it's very quiet too. They definitely need more staff at reception, each time I had an enquiry I was in line waiting for at least twenty minutes. It's a very busy hostel and I'm sure they can have a third person at reception. Hostel was clean, nice bathrooms. Rooms didn't have any windows or fans though and at night it was like being in a sauna

Stayed in a four bedroom private dorm for one night. The room size was way above average and the shower was fully functional and clean. The receptionist was extremely friendly upon arrival also. Would stay here again if i ever visited Brussels again.

A bit of a walk to get to the centre, bathrooms in dorms looked very new and modern. One of female staff members wasn't very kind and essentially snapped at me when I asked if there was a map of the public transportation system.

The place is filled with college kids. Very busy. Hotel is clean with all of the cleaning staffs working very hard. I stayed in a 6 beds dorm and the turnover rate is high. Most of people stayed one night. My roommate are all nice. There is a bar in the hotel but charge more than the bar at the street corner. Breakfast is not included and it cost 7 euro. Towel is not included and you have to rent them. When I arrived the hotel, all of my five days stay are already charged on my credit card.

the best place to stay in brussels if you're on a budget. or even if you're not!

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Very clean! Our rooms were cleaned everyday. Breakfast was delicious and worth the money! Our belongings felt very safe. It kind of has a hotel feel and is about a half hour walk from any downtown activities (museums, parks, etc.). The laundry was down when we were there which is why I didn't give excellent for facilities.

The lockers were way too small, and generally confusing - rather than heaps of small lockers, 1 big locker per person would be much better. Great location, and very clean.

just stayed here for a night. Very big hostel and really fun to hang out in. Great bar and common spaces. Rooms are clean as are bathrooms and wifi is great. The kitchen is way too small for the size of the hostel though so the little fridge is gross so it's difficult to make food. the location is alright- walkable from the center but the neighborhood is iffy (many stores have broken windows and sides. even in the short we were there we saw someone get arrested at gunpoint against the hostel

Not far from city center but in a bad area and the building looks like a jail. Also, most suitcases don't fit in the lockers, so I couldn't even secure my luggage.

• 9th Jul 2014

The wifi was patchy in some locations at times, and the bar was a little under-staffed. Otherwise apart from that it was the nicest hostel I'd ever stayed at

really good hostel, very close to the city center and amazing rooms

Staff were helpful, the room was clean, and the atmosphere was good. A nice place to make new friends!

One of the best places I stayed when travelling through Europe. Only two complaints: not enough staff behind the bar and the rooms get really stuffy and could use a ceiling fan. Otherwise tip top establishment.

Good place to go.

Not much to complain about this hostel. The late check out option was really handy too. Daily walking tours that depart from this hostel are fantastic if you want a good overview of brussels

Really great bar and lounge. We watched the World Cup games there and it was fun! It's about a 15-30 minute walk to most of the sites!

Wonderful stay at the Meininger City Hotel in Brussels. 100% recommondation. Thank you for excellent friendly service. Stay as you are! Good luck for the future. Best Wishes from Dortmund, Germany.

• 7th Jul 2014