MEININGER Frankfurt/Main Airport Reviews

Bessie-Coleman-Straße 11, Frankfurt, Germany

I was soooo impressed. Front desk staff were so helpful. Nicest hostel I've ever stayed in... like a 5 star hostel! Free laundry ..seriously awesome ! Thank you .

• 20th Nov 2015

Stuff who work in mornning do not want to give me some information.

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Croatia

Good if you are flying out of the FRA airport, otherwise the location is dead. Hostel room and facilities are good.

The location is good for people who need to stay near the airport.

• 9th Nov 2015

Literally right across from the Airport, perfect if you arrive late or have an early flight. Free shuttle to the hotel from the Airport (but return to Airport costs 3,50€). When I arrived the windows were open (gekippt) in my room which made for a fresh room but very cold, it took nearly an hour for the heating to catch up. Helpful and friendly staff but there seems to be only one person at the front a lot of the time which means you may have to wait longer to be helped.

Reception were pretty unfriendly. It is pretty close to terminal 2 which you can easily walk to instead of paying for their shuttle. If you are in the dorm there are 4 bunks and a big double bed so you may have to share a bed with a stranger which I found odd. However, the rooms were clean and really comfortable beds

close to the airport, clean, efficient and cheap. more information on the website about the shuttles would be appreciated

This hostel is in a very convenient place next to the airport, and we were very glad that we had a clean, stylish bed to fall into after a long journey. We will be staying here again before we leave!

Perfect if you have an overnight transfer in Frankfurt. And also perfect if you want to explore a semi-developed business park.

Although the room was clean, well designed & spacious, with a comfortable bed, there were problems: The air conditioning worked well, but it was noisy so I had to lower it in order to sleep. My room TV did not work, it was impossible to connect to the Wi-Fi internet as there was no way to enter a network key. There was no air conditioning in the restaurant area, so I did not eat there & had to take my food outside. Makings of a good hotel, but these things matter so I will not stay there again

We really enjoyed our stay at Meininger. I am glad I found this place, because I fly frequently out of Frankfurt airport, and now I have somewhere affordable near the airport to stay next time. It's also very easy to get to the city center from there and only takes about 20 minutes. Very comfortable and clean.

Close to the airport but not much else. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

As the hotel is not air conditioned please offer fans to the folks who stay there. Having a window slightly ajar (which is as wide as they will open) does not make for any air flow. It was very hot in our room!! As in many hostel type settings the guest room with kitchenette was poorly stocked and somewhat untidy! Not always the hotels's fault but the folks who don't clean up after themselves.

I never thought I would describe a semi-built business park as an "excellent" location, but it was great to be able to walk from the airport to the hostel. I'll be back.

We had a short but wonderful stay, would definitely visit again if we had to layover in frankfurt.Thank you

Great if you have a morning flight out of Frankfurt Airport. Don't stay if you want to spend a lot of time in the city though. Facilities are good - separate restroom and shower in the rooms makes things really convenient.

The staff were not very helpful or welcoming. Also the prices for everything inside the hotel were very high. No information was sent out regarding the free shuttle service to the hotel.

The staff was very unfriendly. The shuttle bus only takes you to the hotel for free but not back to the airport. It costs 3.50Euro per person. I have never witnessed something like that. The room was very small and nothing special. At least it was clean. The breakfast is very expensive with 10Euros per person but I guess people still accept the price because it is cheaper than the airport. All in all it was an unpleasant stay.

Hostel building is clean and nice but staffs who work there are very lazy and unhelpful. Nothing around hotel so you might need to buy food at the hostel but they might make you wait so long. They don't care you buy or not. Make sure don't leave anything behind they will say can not find it. But you know it's there. They are just lazy and never answer about it.

This is a hotel, with some rooms converted to dormitories. Nothing wrong with this idea, but keeping a pair of adjacent twin beds in the room and selling them to two people is a bit over the top, really.