MEININGER Hamburg City Center Reviews

Goetheallee 3-11, Hamburg, Germany

A pretty dull place to exist, but if you're getting enough stimulation from the city it's a fine place to sleep. I know hostels can't control the roommates, but I had a very unpleasantly awkward "conversation" with a rather drunk and old German roommate.

Was an alright experience, nothing bad really ;) They accordantly took my reservation card out of my bead so I lost it, but other than that no real problems. HOWEVER, it says "City Centre" but it is lying. It is actually technically in Altona, and quite the ways walk to get to the real city centre.

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again. Your Meininger-Team from Hamburg

It's a very clean and safe hostel, but could be better located.

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to welcome you again. Cheers your Meininger Team from Hamburg

The room itself was huge, we were in a 6 person mixed dorm, and it felt more like a hotel room. Lockers in the room but you need your own padlock. Bathroom fine, only drawback was the tap had to be pushed in every 15 seconds or so for continuous water in the shower. Have to catch the train into the main part of town but the station is very close so not much of a hassle. Very isolating though, not much of a common room area.

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and will welcome you again. Cheers your Meininger-Team from Hamburg

It's a nice enough place to stay for some nights, close to altona station, around the station there's a great african restaurant with an all you can eat lunch deal, and very tasty food!!go there if you can!

• 25th Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and will welcome you again. Your Meininger Team from Hamburg.

Bit out of the city, but really close to S and bus station. Reeperbahn is walkable. Kitchen is great. Not so great for meeting people though. Like a hotel with dorm rooms.

Meninger is a comfortable hotel with dormitories. Not suited to independent travelers as there is no social atmosphere, the staff are robotic

Very nice place to stay. Definitely more of a hotel than a hostel. With that being said, I had a 6 bed room to myself the first night. Very clean, with shower separate from the toilet! Staff were friendly, however gave me incorrect information that museums are closed on Sunday's - when I went on Monday to the museums they were closed then not on Sunday. Guest kitchen small but useful. Weird having washing machine in kitchen

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Meininger in Hamburg. We will welcome you again and of course we are sorry for the wrong information given to you. Your Meininger-Team from Hamburg

Very clean hostel with modern design, unfortunately located in really boring area, a little bit too far from all the interesting things. Also it is not a good place to be if you are travelling on your own or if you just want to meet people. Staff was rude and not really helpful. At least two boys working evenings/nights during first 2 nights of our stay,

• 6th Feb 2015

When I arrived the reception staff were super friendly and nice, made me feel at ease. Check in was very simple and smooth. The room was very clean and quiet, the only downside was that there was no locker in the room so had to use the safe downstairs. Also the shower only stayed on a short while. However these were minor things in what was a very good, happy stay. I think I got lucky! I always felt safe, and especially liked the room within the room for privacy. Thank you! Recommended.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Dear guest, thank you for your lovely comment. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Meininger in Hamburg. Of course we will welcome you again. Your Meininger-Team from Hamburg

A very nice, well managed hostel. The rooms are ultra clean and the bathrooms as well. No noise fromthe street at night since it's in a little sideway path. Close to the train station. Excellent staff!

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. We are happy that your are pleased with our staff and enjoyed your stay here at Meininger City Hotel. We will welcome you again. Your Meininger-Team from Hamburg

Besides being very close to a train station the Hostel it's not at the city centre, actually, it's quite far. Beyond that, everything else is perfect, the staff is friendly and helpful, it's very clean and the rooms are excellent, it is more like a hotel than a hostel.

Dear guest, thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here in Hamburg and will welcome you again. Your Meininger-Team from Hamburg

It's not a bad area... But a bit of a hotel feel... Many shops , train station and restaurants in short walking distance... All up it was good

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and will welcome you again. Your Meininger-Team from Hamburg

Our stay here was great, check in was fast, which is what you want after a crappy bus ride. The room was large, we were in a double private with ensuite. The bathroom was a lot larger than we expected, heaps of room for my girlfriends junk. The location wasn't too bad, it's just a little bit more of a trek than I would have liked.

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and looking forward to welcome you again. Your Meininger-Team from Hamburg

Excellent hostel, very close to S-Bahn station, supermarkets and many other shops. The room is really big.

Dear guest, thanks for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. Cheers! Your Meininger-Team Hamburg

It is a hotel with shared rooms. Definitely not a hostel. If you are traveling alone and want to meet people, it is not so easy to meet people here. But it is a good hotel.

Dear guest, thanks for your comment. Its nice to know that you liked our hotel. Hope to see you back! Your Meininger-Team from Hamburg

You"re doing a great job.

Thanks for your comment. See you soon! Your Meininger-Team Hamburg

This is a good hostel in general. Nice location (just outside of party area, nice and quiet, good areas and stations on short distance) Atmosphere we experienced is that people are a bit distant, but you can have (bad) luck with that. Bad thing: we paid lots of money to stay (during NYE), but my friend had to sleep on a couch :( Bad value for money. Also bad is they put double bed in a dorm (room 412). Can be really awkward and annoying and I discourage any hostel to choose this config!

Nice, clean. Friendly staff. Good breakfast.

It was the worst hostel that I have ever stayed in my life so far. When I requested for drinking water, I was asked to fill my water bottle in the toilet. Expensive and POOR service!!! Never choose this hostel again!

• 26th Dec 2014