8.2
Fabulous 2,780 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 2,780 Total Reviews
MEININGER Hamburg City Center Located at Goetheallee 3-11, , Hamburg.
Germany
Hamburg 22765 Goetheallee 3-11
82% 2780
53.5544208 9.9380350
    Rooms available

• Georgia, Male, 25-30
21st May 2016

Worth visiting! Located near to S Altona, you get everywhere quickly. Moreover, the famous Fish market is just 20 minutes walk from the hostel. The rooms are clean and linen is also included in price. Staff is very nice and breakfast is great. The only thing to note is that for lockers you need a padlock I suppose. In general I had a wonderful stay in this place and highly recommend it!

18th May 2016
7.1

The room was facing the entrance of the hostel and it was impossible to sleep after 5 A.M. of people gathering in front of the people and talking loud (the two nights I staid there), Thinking that these people are likely from the hostel, I do not understand why the stuff do not prevent this kind of night disturbances. Not to recommend for people that want to sleep a full night ...

Dear guest, Thank you for your review! Our staff tries to take best care of loud people in front of the house so we are sorry that you still felt disturbed during the night! We hope to welcome you back at one of our Meininger Hotels. Best regards Your Meininger Hotel Hamburg

14th May 2016
6.6

I didn't like this place. I also didn't like Hamburg. I'm traveling solo, so it's important for me to meet other travelers. It was hard to do that here. This place is basically a hotel, so it lacks the backpacker scene that I want. The facilities were fine but there was no sense of community, or design or whatever. I wouldn't stay here again. I would look for a smaller place. Also, Hamburg was expensive and inaccessible. It seems like a city that's good for working, not visiting.

13th May 2016
6.9

Over an hours walk away from the Hbf but easy transport links by subway. No lockers in the room but by kitchen downstairs. More like a hotel in that housekeeping are constantly hanging around the rooms.

Dear guest thank you for your review! That is true - we are not very close to the central train station but right next to the train station Altona. From here it is about 15-20 minutes walk to most of the major sightseeing points in town (Reeperbahn, Harbour, etc.) Best regards your Meininger Team Hamburg

• Germany, Female, 18-24
13th May 2016
6.6

Charmless hostel in quite good surroundings with Altona Bhf 5 min away . On weekend very expensive. Guests mainly composed of party folks, not really backpacker mentality... the beds are comfortable, the bathroom is clean. Staff rather bored. Ok for one night.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review! We are sorry that you had the impression of a charmless hostel! We would like to welcome you back and give you a better experience :) Best regards your Meininger Team Hamburg

8th May 2016

Good hostel, staff was friendly, people I met here were great! Place was clean, room was spacious, and Wi-Fi worked well

• Spain, Female, 31-40
6th May 2016
7.1

My bed was in a small "room" within the room and it was no more than of 2m long (exactly the length of the bed) for 1,8m wide (my arms wide open).... I still paid 152 euros for two nights... There were no lockers in the room.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review! We are sorry that you were not quite satisfied with your room! We have rooms of different sizes and layouts. Next time we make sure you get a bed in the common room and not in the seperate space :) Best regards your Meininger Team Hamburg

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
29th Apr 2016
7.1

This is a nice place to stay! My only concern were the lockers (which even with a lock on can be opened enough to stocl your hand in) and the showers (you have to push a button every 5 seconds, im all for saving water but 5 seconds is rediculously annoying haha). Other then that its clean and had comfy beds.

Dear guest, thank you for taking your time and rating us! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and yes, we will see if it´s possible to extend the 5 seconds watertime :) Hope to welcome you again! Best wishes, your Meininger Team Hamburg

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
24th Apr 2016

Absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for this great review :) Best regards, Your Meininger Team Hamburg

• Germany, Female, 25-30
22nd Apr 2016
7.7

The hostel was nice, facilities were ok, though the shower reminded me of the ones you get in swimming pools/fitness studio: you had to press the faucet every 15 seconds to get water. I really liked the kitchen, which was accessible for all guests to cook one's own coffee/meal! The staff wasn't too motivated, which made my stay more cost effective than cosy, but ok.

Hey there, Thank you for your review :)! We want to apologize for the inconvenience with the shower. We forwarded this information to our maintenence man and he will have a look at it. See you soon and best regards, your Meininger Team Hamburg