MEININGER Hamburg City Center Reviews

Goetheallee 3-11, Hamburg, Germany

We were here for 3 night, location is very good if you are going to party in the night, over all were good in the hostel except rooms got to warm in the hot summer

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Everything was great! The breakfest is not included, but is the best I've ever eaten in any hotel or hostel. Wonderfull atmosphere.

Overall a great stay. The movies are one of the best features of the hostel. The staff are very helpful and the wifi is excellent. Really welcoming hostel. The only downside is that there are only 3 bathrooms for the entire hostel.

Highly recommend!!

Nice place to stay - technically it is a hotel so older adults stay here and it does not have a hostel environment. Clean, good location, and friendly staff.

All in all a good stay, the room and bathroom/s we're clean, bunk beds were comfortable enough. Location is abit outside the city but there is a train station close by and shops/super market within easy walking distance. Note - no a/c.

• 1st Jul 2014

The payment is not how they tell when you make the reservation (A percentage of deposit and then the rest when you arrive). They charge your credit card without pre-noticing and the explanation is that that's the "new policy", but you we were not aware of that! It felt really unconfortable!!

The stay was good, it's a nice hostel. It's a little strange though that they charged my stay on my credit card before I arrived.

Nice hostel or more like hotel. Really clean room and comfy beds. Location near Altona station. Very polite staff. Small kitchen for guests . Highly recommended.

As usual meininger is very clean. This one is very far from the city center, you kinda have to take a subway into the city. Also the bar isn't as good for meeting people as I thought it would be, it closes pretty early. While I did end up meeting people I had a bit of difficulty as a solo English speaker. A lot of large German groups stay here.

I stayed in a six person female dorm. The beds were very comfortable and there was a bathroom in the dorm room that was very clean. There was a tv in the room, a table with stools, and enough lockers for every person. I was impressed with the room and the cleanliness. It was also very easy to find from the Hamburg Altona station. I would definitely stay there again.

• 17th Jun 2014

The hostel was nice and clean. But the main problem is that there aren't enough sockets near the beds. I slept in the top bunk in an 8-person dorm and I found it frustrating that there wasn't a socket next to my top bunk and most electronic cables aren't long enough to stretch all the way down to the bottom bunk and I didn't want to leave my phone charging next to someone else's bed overnight. That was the only major inconvenience, never had battery in my phone. Overall, good hostel.

Very crowded and very busy with large groups of students. Lift unable to cope. Dryer not working for laundry.

This place is a hotel, not a hostel. that means you get hotel quality service and expectations. They were at all times helpful and knowledgeable about the city and things to see/do. Plus with the world cup on, the bar became lively. The staff interacted with guests while they passed by and the rooms were incredibly clean. Even with 4 roommates, this place was nicer than any other hostel I've stayed in.

Hi, thank you very much for your great review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here. Make sure to visit us again next time you're in Hamburg or visit one of the other MEININGER Hotels all around Europe. Safe travels, The MEININGER Team Hamburg

Second time here, good choice for staying Hamburg

The connection of wifi is really horrible !

Hi, thank you for taking the time to write this comment. We're sorry to hear the wifi connection wasn't to your satisfaction. Sometimes it gets a bit slower in the evening when many people are using it. We hope to welcome you again in one of the MEININGER Hotels around Europe. Best Wishes, The MEININGER Team Hamburg

i really enjoyed my stay here. the staff were very helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. the atmosphere was good!! the centre of hamburg and the surrounding areas is easily accessible by the metro which is located a 2 min walk away!!! i will most definitely be back

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your review! We're happy to hear you had a great stay in our hotel and we're looking forward to your next visit! Best wishes, The MEININGER Team Hamburg

Good stuffs and ask for free tour to the city center.

More Formal Hotel than Hostel

Hi there, thank you for your review. We would like to welcome you again soon here in Hamburg. Best wishes, The MEININGER Team Hamburg

There was a problem with my booking, and the staff were unhelpful in getting it sorted out. That ended up costing me some extra money and they tried to placate me with a discount card that I didn't really want. The room was uncomfortably hot, with only one toilet and one shower for 6 people. Other than those complaints it was fine (lockers in the room, clean beds, etc.). The location in Altona is very nice, but it's also a considerable distance from the center of Hamburg.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4