MEININGER Hamburg City Center Reviews

Goetheallee 3-11, Hamburg, Germany

Besides being very close to a train station the Hostel it's not at the city centre, actually, it's quite far. Beyond that, everything else is perfect, the staff is friendly and helpful, it's very clean and the rooms are excellent, it is more like a hotel than a hostel.

Excellent hostel, very close to S-Bahn station, supermarkets and many other shops. The room is really big.

Dear guest, thanks for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. Cheers! Your Meininger-Team Hamburg

It is a hotel with shared rooms. Definitely not a hostel. If you are traveling alone and want to meet people, it is not so easy to meet people here. But it is a good hotel.

Dear guest, thanks for your comment. Its nice to know that you liked our hotel. Hope to see you back! Your Meininger-Team from Hamburg

You"re doing a great job.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for your comment. See you soon! Your Meininger-Team Hamburg

This is a good hostel in general. Nice location (just outside of party area, nice and quiet, good areas and stations on short distance) Atmosphere we experienced is that people are a bit distant, but you can have (bad) luck with that. Bad thing: we paid lots of money to stay (during NYE), but my friend had to sleep on a couch :( Bad value for money. Also bad is they put double bed in a dorm (room 412). Can be really awkward and annoying and I discourage any hostel to choose this config!

Nice, clean. Friendly staff. Good breakfast.

It was the worst hostel that I have ever stayed in my life so far. When I requested for drinking water, I was asked to fill my water bottle in the toilet. Expensive and POOR service!!! Never choose this hostel again!

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

The arrangement of the beds in the 8-bed mixed dorm is wired. There are two single beds placed next to each other and act like a double bed. It is a bit inconvenient for small group visitors. and the staffs are not so helpful but they are nice.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Nice hostel, clean and spacious rooms, nice and clean bathrooms. Nice kitchen and good breakfast. Staff works well. Lockers in rooms should be fixed though, most are broken and therefore useless. I'd recommend this hostel.

The hostel was very close to city, about 10 mins train ride. But it was a combination of hostel and hotel. I didn't see any people hanging around the common room and bar for a drink. So it was missing a social atmosphere. But otherwise, very clean hostel, really good breakfast fot €5.90. Highly recommended if travelling with friends.

Great stay. Hotel at hostel prices

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in

It was very safe, but I still felt I would have liked to have a locker in the dorm. You have the option to pay for one at the ground floor.

I had great days at this hostel, though maybe a locker at the room would improve sacurity.

I loved the location. I just walked to every point that I wanted to visit. The staff was kind, and the rooms are simply amazing, the beds are comfy, the bathrooms are clean and well designed. The atmosphere is closer to an hotel, although my roommates were cool, so you can meet great people too. I loved Hamburg, and I think that I definitely come back here.

Great hostel, the only thing I did not like was the fact that there were no lockers in the room, but everything was perfect.

The people were extremely friendly and the location was perfect, right next to public transportation. The only downside as with any hostel is after a night at the reeperstreet, the 11 am checkout was rough. They kept our bags right in a locked room. I would recommend staying here .

• 15th Nov 2014

Dear guest, thank you so much for this great review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us and would like to welcome you again. Best wishes, your meininger team hamburg

it's more like a hotel turned hostel. still, the main hall is very welcoming, and the breakfast is quite good for the price (just 6e). staff at the reception very friendly and helpful (Francisco has great tips about what to do and see!). the shared kitchen could use more kitchenware (bowls, spoons and decent knives in particular), though, and the elevator takes forever. other than that it was great!

Dear guest, thank you for taking your time and sharing your feedback with us! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and of course we are always trying to have enough kitchenware in the guestkitchen. Hope to welcome you again here in meininger hamburg, best wishes! your meininger team hamburg

I only stayed here one night but the impression I had was a good one. Staff was super friendly when I arrived and let me check in early so I could have a shower before my day's appointments and the room/washrooms were very clean. The location was very close to the train station and the neighbourhood appeared to be quite safe ! Only thing that would've made the stay spectacular is lockers in the dorm rooms. If I come back to hamburg for a longer stay I'll be staying at Meininger !

Dear guest, thank you so much for taking your time and rating us! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us and would like to welcome you again here in hamburg! Best wishes, your Meininger Team Hamburg

I had good stay. Thanks a lot!

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Dear guest, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us and would like to welcome you again in meininger hamburg. best wishes, your meininger team hamburg

« first « Prev 1 2 3