MEININGER Hamburg City Center Reviews

Goetheallee 3-11, Hamburg, Germany

It's not as central as advertised. It's in the center of Altona, near the Altona Hbf/train station, which is a long walk from the main Hbf/ the actual city center. Still, it's a cool neighborhood. Just check a map before you book.

Highly recommend

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

More like a hotel than a hostel, very comfortable and relaxed. Near the centre of the Altona area which itself has a bunch of bars and shops, but the nearby train station also gives you quick access to the centre of Hamburg.

One of the best hostels I stayed at in Europe. Great location, very clean,nice staff and overall nice atmosphere. The even had free laundry facilities! Definitely recommended!

A good place to stay at. Very comfortable and close to Hamburg-Altona station. Very quiet.

too expensive 36 euro !!! with no breakfast included, and not really in the city centre .

• 15th Aug 2014
  • India

Initially we were put in an 8 bed room (6 beds and 2 camp beds) when we'd booked a 6 six bed room, which we felt was unsafe, but when we bought this up with reception we were moved straight away. Other than that a good stay. We have stayed here before when in Hamburg and would almost certainly book again.

It's a hotel with shared rooms, but it's certainly clean, secure and cheap. It has a equipped kitchen, availeble to guests. It's located in a shooping area of the city, five minutes away from the city centre by S-Bahn.

Doesn't have a good atmosphere and is not too close to the city center, but taking the train in is no big deal. Seems to host a lot of stag parties. Wouldn't stay again because of the hotel feel.

It's a huge place, more of a budget hotel than a hostel. Don't go expecting a party place with loads of people hanging out but for what it is it's a perfectly pleasant place to stay

The rooms were comfortable and an excellent social environment. We particularly enjoyed the ensuite bathroom and daily cleaning. It was a disadvantage that the top bunks were not made up, whereas the bottom bunks were. Staff ranged in quality from helpful to clueless. One of our group found the 'cupboard' arrangement for beds to be odd, given that it isolated some guests from others. Staff initially did not take our complaint seriously. The lockers were shoddy and need to be replaced.

Really nice hostel, more like a hotel! Facilities are great, kitchen was excellent and the staff helpful. Only downside was the bar is only open on certain days but there is a supermarket right around the corner where you could get a few drinks and use the bar area to socialise. Not a bad location for Hamburg and would definitely book again!

The location is an interesting area away from the main attractions, but near the underground railway. There was not a ton of atmosphere, but it was clean and had good internet in the room. The breakfast was worth the price.

We had wrong amount of sheets in our room and had to go ask for more. The elevator broke down, the wifi also had problems and there were no lockers in the dorm. Nice lobby and good breakfast available for 6e. Place is potential but we weren't really satisfied. I can imagine that private rooms are better, it is more a hotel.

One of the best Hostel that I've ever seen!!!!!

I was here for 2 nights and could store my car in the underground parking for 12,50€/night, everything was really good, the metrostation is a 5min walk, the only thing was a small kitchen

The dorm and bathroom were not very clean, and the people staying in the dorm had spread out everywhere, including on beds that were not theirs, making it very difficult to find space. The dorm was also very warm and stuffy, even with the window open and a fan running.

Gave facilities a poor reading only because the washer and dryer were busted. Staff were great and always on hand and happy to assist us, great location close to the s bahn and a market plaza.

• 28th Jul 2014

They charged €50 a day after check out without warning for a cleaning charge because there was a bit of mess in the room (no damage to any facilities whatsoever). If I had known there would be that much of a charge I would have got my dust pan and brush out myself and swept and hoovered the room myself. I would not recommend this hostel as they will most likely charge you after check out for what they can.

• 28th Jul 2014

Only bad things about this hostel are smelly bathroom, no hairdryer, no bath towel. I took a quick shower so I didn't let the smell in the bathroom to bother me much. Beds were comfortable and clean. There were shower gel and shampoo. We had internet connection in the room. Both check in and check out were quick and pleasant. I liked the people at the desk.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4