MEININGER Hamburg City Center Reviews

Goetheallee 3-11, Hamburg, Germany

The stay was good, it's a nice hostel. It's a little strange though that they charged my stay on my credit card before I arrived.

Nice hostel or more like hotel. Really clean room and comfy beds. Location near Altona station. Very polite staff. Small kitchen for guests . Highly recommended.

As usual meininger is very clean. This one is very far from the city center, you kinda have to take a subway into the city. Also the bar isn't as good for meeting people as I thought it would be, it closes pretty early. While I did end up meeting people I had a bit of difficulty as a solo English speaker. A lot of large German groups stay here.

I stayed in a six person female dorm. The beds were very comfortable and there was a bathroom in the dorm room that was very clean. There was a tv in the room, a table with stools, and enough lockers for every person. I was impressed with the room and the cleanliness. It was also very easy to find from the Hamburg Altona station. I would definitely stay there again.

• 17th Jun 2014

The hostel was nice and clean. But the main problem is that there aren't enough sockets near the beds. I slept in the top bunk in an 8-person dorm and I found it frustrating that there wasn't a socket next to my top bunk and most electronic cables aren't long enough to stretch all the way down to the bottom bunk and I didn't want to leave my phone charging next to someone else's bed overnight. That was the only major inconvenience, never had battery in my phone. Overall, good hostel.

Very crowded and very busy with large groups of students. Lift unable to cope. Dryer not working for laundry.

This place is a hotel, not a hostel. that means you get hotel quality service and expectations. They were at all times helpful and knowledgeable about the city and things to see/do. Plus with the world cup on, the bar became lively. The staff interacted with guests while they passed by and the rooms were incredibly clean. Even with 4 roommates, this place was nicer than any other hostel I've stayed in.

Hi, thank you very much for your great review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here. Make sure to visit us again next time you're in Hamburg or visit one of the other MEININGER Hotels all around Europe. Safe travels, The MEININGER Team Hamburg

Second time here, good choice for staying Hamburg

The connection of wifi is really horrible !

Hi, thank you for taking the time to write this comment. We're sorry to hear the wifi connection wasn't to your satisfaction. Sometimes it gets a bit slower in the evening when many people are using it. We hope to welcome you again in one of the MEININGER Hotels around Europe. Best Wishes, The MEININGER Team Hamburg

i really enjoyed my stay here. the staff were very helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. the atmosphere was good!! the centre of hamburg and the surrounding areas is easily accessible by the metro which is located a 2 min walk away!!! i will most definitely be back

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your review! We're happy to hear you had a great stay in our hotel and we're looking forward to your next visit! Best wishes, The MEININGER Team Hamburg

Good stuffs and ask for free tour to the city center.

More Formal Hotel than Hostel

Hi there, thank you for your review. We would like to welcome you again soon here in Hamburg. Best wishes, The MEININGER Team Hamburg

There was a problem with my booking, and the staff were unhelpful in getting it sorted out. That ended up costing me some extra money and they tried to placate me with a discount card that I didn't really want. The room was uncomfortably hot, with only one toilet and one shower for 6 people. Other than those complaints it was fine (lockers in the room, clean beds, etc.). The location in Altona is very nice, but it's also a considerable distance from the center of Hamburg.

WiFi was good in all rooms, no lockers or safes in rooms, my bed was next to another bed like a double basically even though I was a lone traveller. T.V in room was good, and bathroom o.k.

I can highly recommend the Meininger in Hamburg. The staff members were very friendly and attentive and the Internet terminals were convenient for someone like me who doesn't always want to bring the Internet with him when he travels. The location in the Altona borough is convenient to the riverfront and the fun atmosphere west of the center of Hamburg.

Hi, thank you very much for staying with us and for your review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here and we'll pass the compliments on to the rest of the staff. We would like to welcome you again in one of the MEININGER Hotels around Europe. Best wishes, Your MEININGER Team Hamburg

Not exactly what we were after. "Hamburg City Centre" is a bit of a stretch, in Altona, about a 15 min tube ride from the city. Wifi was dodgy, in and out when in the room. Atmosphere wasn't great, we were there Tuesday - Friday and didn't really meet anyone... Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were clean, beds were good. But not a place to meet people and have some brews.

Dear guest, thank you for staying with us and for writing this review. We're happy you were satisfied with the service we offer. We have a nice guest kitchen where you can prepare your own food and meet fellow travellers easily. Also we have a bar that is open on the weekends where usually all our guests come together to have a drink or two :) We would like to welcome you again in one of the MEININGER Hotels around Europe. Best wishes, MEININGER-Team Hamburg

The hostel is very good. Excellent wi-fi and rooms. The location is not the best, but it is close to a train station. The staff is good as well. I just think the atmosphere could be improved. A lot of teenagers were there during my stay, so maybe it is not the best place in case you are traveling alone.

Our room was great, with plenty of space, the bathroom was quite big compared to other hostels I've been to, and everything was super clean. Breakfast was cheap and quite good. And the location is better than what I thought it would be, just next to the Altona train station, only a short ride in the S-Bahn to the main places in the rest of Hamburg.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review! We're happy you were satisfied with your stay here and would love to welcome you back again soon. Make sure to visit other MEININGER Hotels around Europe along the way :) Best wishes, the MEININGER-Team Hamburg

A bit far from the sights, but not bad with a metro ride. Nearby giant supermarket, good kitchen, but lacking in usable sharp knives. Great wifi throughout, huge rooms, great view from the sixth floor, comfy beds. Really clean. Didn't do the (extra fee) breakfast, but meeting people in the kitchen at night was fun. Breakfast is cheaper from the store.

Dear Guest, thank you for rating us and staying with us. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and met some nice people. We're hoping to see you again in one of the MEININGER Hotels around Europe. Safe travels, MEININGER Team Hamburg

My only real gripe is that this is not central at all. You need to take a train to get into the centre of the city. The place is nice, it's like a hotel with some hostel rooms. Wifi works in lounge. There is a kitchen for guests. The lounge area is quite impersonal. I was comfortable here.

Hi, thank you for your review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here. If you don't like taking the metro to the city center you can also rent a bike at reception or go for a walk along the riverside. Did you know that the Wifi works in the rooms as well? :) We would love to welcome you again next time you're in Hamburg. Safe travels, The MEININGER Team Hamburg