MEININGER Hamburg City Center Reviews

Goetheallee 3-11, Hamburg, Germany

Really nice hostel, more like a hotel! Facilities are great, kitchen was excellent and the staff helpful. Only downside was the bar is only open on certain days but there is a supermarket right around the corner where you could get a few drinks and use the bar area to socialise. Not a bad location for Hamburg and would definitely book again!

The location is an interesting area away from the main attractions, but near the underground railway. There was not a ton of atmosphere, but it was clean and had good internet in the room. The breakfast was worth the price.

We had wrong amount of sheets in our room and had to go ask for more. The elevator broke down, the wifi also had problems and there were no lockers in the dorm. Nice lobby and good breakfast available for 6e. Place is potential but we weren't really satisfied. I can imagine that private rooms are better, it is more a hotel.

One of the best Hostel that I've ever seen!!!!!

I was here for 2 nights and could store my car in the underground parking for 12,50€/night, everything was really good, the metrostation is a 5min walk, the only thing was a small kitchen

The dorm and bathroom were not very clean, and the people staying in the dorm had spread out everywhere, including on beds that were not theirs, making it very difficult to find space. The dorm was also very warm and stuffy, even with the window open and a fan running.

Gave facilities a poor reading only because the washer and dryer were busted. Staff were great and always on hand and happy to assist us, great location close to the s bahn and a market plaza.

• 28th Jul 2014

They charged €50 a day after check out without warning for a cleaning charge because there was a bit of mess in the room (no damage to any facilities whatsoever). If I had known there would be that much of a charge I would have got my dust pan and brush out myself and swept and hoovered the room myself. I would not recommend this hostel as they will most likely charge you after check out for what they can.

• 28th Jul 2014

Only bad things about this hostel are smelly bathroom, no hairdryer, no bath towel. I took a quick shower so I didn't let the smell in the bathroom to bother me much. Beds were comfortable and clean. There were shower gel and shampoo. We had internet connection in the room. Both check in and check out were quick and pleasant. I liked the people at the desk.

very good hostel.a bit far from the city center but well connected with metro and train line.my only remark is that the bar closes way too early

We were here for 3 night, location is very good if you are going to party in the night, over all were good in the hostel except rooms got to warm in the hot summer

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

I think there are bestest Meininger.

Everything was great! The breakfest is not included, but is the best I've ever eaten in any hotel or hostel. Wonderfull atmosphere.

Overall a great stay. The movies are one of the best features of the hostel. The staff are very helpful and the wifi is excellent. Really welcoming hostel. The only downside is that there are only 3 bathrooms for the entire hostel.

Highly recommend!!

Nice place to stay - technically it is a hotel so older adults stay here and it does not have a hostel environment. Clean, good location, and friendly staff.

Good location and staff. Very clean room but weak wifi-signal that everyone use wifi in the lobby. Nice hostel(hotel actually)

All in all a good stay, the room and bathroom/s we're clean, bunk beds were comfortable enough. Location is abit outside the city but there is a train station close by and shops/super market within easy walking distance. Note - no a/c.

• 1st Jul 2014

The payment is not how they tell when you make the reservation (A percentage of deposit and then the rest when you arrive). They charge your credit card without pre-noticing and the explanation is that that's the "new policy", but you we were not aware of that! It felt really unconfortable!!

The stay was good, it's a nice hostel. It's a little strange though that they charged my stay on my credit card before I arrived.